Welcome To Websleuths # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what you’re using (desktop, laptop, phone, etc), but I get laggy when using the Chrome browser on my iPhone.

If I log out, clear cache/browsing history, and then log back in, it usually gets me back up to speed. Good luck, Shires! Hopefully, that’s an easy fix for you, too. ☺️

In the past (a couple weeks ago) I cleared history, cache, etc. it didn’t help. Maybe it would now, idk. But it’s annoying to have to do that because I am logged into a bunch of websites and once I clear everything, I get logged out. It’s a minor inconvenience, but it’s frustrating and I shouldn’t have to clear everything in order for this site to function properly. This is the only site that I have so many issues with.

In the past (a couple weeks ago) I cleared history, cache, etc. it didn’t help. Maybe it would now, idk. But it’s annoying to have to do that because I am logged into a bunch of websites and once I clear everything, I get logged out. It’s a minor inconvenience, but it’s frustrating and I shouldn’t have to clear everything in order for this site to function properly. This is the only site that I have so many issues with.

Yes, sadly this is the only one I have to constantly clear and reboot for. And I don't always remember all my passwords ... I hsve no idea what causes that.

Yes, sadly this is the only one I have to constantly clear and reboot for. And I don't always remember all my passwords ... I hsve no idea what causes that.

Right... I don’t want to have to open my password app or re-enter my credentials every day to log into the sites I visit just bc this site is giving me a problem. There has to be a fix other than clearing history and cache.

Thanks for the suggestions but I do that too. I find sometimes the problem isn't there ( typing this is ok for example) but other times it happens as I type more ( just beginning to lag NOW).:mad:

Last edited:
I will be reading a thread and all the sudden I get a black screen. If I refresh nothing changes. I can’t go back a page or anything. I have to totally close the page then it takes me forever to find where I was again and start over. I thought it was my internet. We’ve been having issues. But we got a new provider just yesterday so I know it’s not that.

Also is there a certain trick to staying logged in? I always hit stay logged in. But I’m always back to just being a guest. Often I don’t take the time to log back in again and just stay that way until I want to post.

I also looked through all these threads and the TOS I was wondering a couple things. How do you reach certain titles under user name? It doesn’t say when one will be able to see “private forums” just that it’s up to admin so how do I know when you reach or I have reached that point.

Also I read about the points. I still can not see those. I’m kind of Leary of posting much in fear of breaking a rule I overlooked. If I’m not seeing these points and knowing I messed up ? I’m not talking about trophy points. I stopped getting those I was getting them all the time. So again I wonder if I’m doing anything wrong.

Overall I like the newformat I’m just Always loSt and can’t find posts. The search doesn’t yet work for me like it did on the other site. But I never used tapatalk whatever that is so I’m not bothered by that. I kinda like not seeing (posted from tapatalk from my Samsung or whatever on every post) LOL I’m joking.

Love the colors reminds me of fall which I love over this awful heat. Nice job to all the behind the scene people!

Thank you Ana for great explanation. I have seen some discussions about it here previously but yours does help. I might tried to look into it in near future.

However it is not about me. It is about thousands and thousands members here who will not stumble to this thread or read this post about new privacy issue. So no, it is not really their choice. They might be just not aware or if aware just still having no idea how to do it. It would be much simpler to do it for whole software, whole site in one go. Simple basic restrictions for outsiders.

I just wanted to pop in here because I didn’t really know exactly what you all where even talking about exactly. However I’ve been having a problem with a posters profile popping up on my screen and I’m like trying to get it to close. Not understanding why they are popping up.

But while I was reading this thread a little bit ago it kept happening. I believe it last did it to me on AnaPisces profile. I was thinking great she’s going to think I was stalking or such. I was going to reply but realized I wasn’t logged in (it will NOT keep me logged in) , so it would show as a guest doing it. Then I realized that I only have the issue with the posters profile popping up while I’m here on guest status. Which has been ALOT since it’s a pain to keep logging in. So I logged in and tested it out. When I’m logged in I have to actually click the name to get there. When I’m here without logging in they pop up constantly I’m not purposely doing anything. It’s not expected so it takes a bit to find the x and close it. It’s like just scrolling down it thinks I’m hoovering or something over a name yet I’m not. I just teSted this all out by being here has a guest then testing logging in. I’m glad I read this because I know the issue is only happening when I’m not logged in.
So those who have had concerns about that honestly it might of been totally innocent. JMO

I will be reading a thread and all the sudden I get a black screen. If I refresh nothing changes. I can’t go back a page or anything. I have to totally close the page then it takes me forever to find where I was again and start over. I thought it was my internet. We’ve been having issues. But we got a new provider just yesterday so I know it’s not that.

Also is there a certain trick to staying logged in? I always hit stay logged in. But I’m always back to just being a guest. Often I don’t take the time to log back in again and just stay that way until I want to post.

I also looked through all these threads and the TOS I was wondering a couple things. How do you reach certain titles under user name? It doesn’t say when one will be able to see “private forums” just that it’s up to admin so how do I know when you reach or I have reached that point.

Also I read about the points. I still can not see those. I’m kind of Leary of posting much in fear of breaking a rule I overlooked. If I’m not seeing these points and knowing I messed up ? I’m not talking about trophy points. I stopped getting those I was getting them all the time. So again I wonder if I’m doing anything wrong.

Overall I like the newformat I’m just Always loSt and can’t find posts. The search doesn’t yet work for me like it did on the other site. But I never used tapatalk whatever that is so I’m not bothered by that. I kinda like not seeing (posted from tapatalk from my Samsung or whatever on every post) LOL I’m joking.

Love the colors reminds me of fall which I love over this awful heat. Nice job to all the behind the scene people!

I get the blank screen occasionally. I usually have to restart my phone. Sometimes the back button on the bottom right works. System is slow and difficult I find, when posting.

Not staying logged in may be your general settings on your device clearing your cookies and caches
automatically.

@Steleheart could the colour of conversations be changed? Something needs to be fixed to differentiate between PM's and threads. I have just almost posted something in the wrong place again (something which would have at the very least got me a TO!)
YES, We can change the color scheme to make it so you will know for certain where you are posting. The color will stay the same on the forum. The change will be in the "conversations". Not sure how quickly Dave can get it done but it is on his list.

Also about conversations, we cannot add an "edit" button. Why? Because let's say a troll sends you a rotten message. If we allow anyone to edit their messages after they have been sent then trolls can say horrible things to you, edit, and then their words disappear.
Think of this like an email. After you hit "send" that is the message they receive.

Hope this makes sense.

Tricia

YES, We can change the color scheme to make it so you will know for certain where you are posting. The color will stay the same on the forum. The change will be in the "conversations". Not sure how quickly Dave can get it done but it is on his list.

Also about conversations, we cannot add an "edit" button. Why? Because let's say a troll sends you a rotten message. If we allow anyone to edit their messages after they have been sent then trolls can say horrible things to you, edit, and then their words disappear.
Think of this like an email. After you hit "send" that is the message they receive.

Hope this makes sense.

Tricia

Fantastic @Tricia, thank you so much! One more question regarding conversations - the number of participants is set at 6 I think, could that limit be raised a little, maybe?

Hope this makes sense.

Tricia

@Tricia --- not even a 3-5 minute edit for conversations? If not, can the font size be larger, at least in conv.? Thanks for trying to fix ss many inconveniences/problems as you can.

Hope this makes sense.

Tricia

Can we get a "Like" button in conversations?

Hope this makes sense.

Tricia

Hi Tricia, has anything been looked at regarding the text lagging problems and other reply problems that are being reported on here? Had severe lag again today.
Thanks for your efforts addressing these things
Ss.

Just had an error at 10:04 EDT. Lasted a couple minutes.

Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

@Tricia , an FYI. This has never haooened for me before on the new site, but tonight I am hsving a kot of issues:

For the last half-hour or so I am having a terrible time getting WS to open (got the "service unavailable" several times), pages are loading slowly, typing is v-e-r-y s-l-o-w, etc.

I wondered if we have an unusually high number on the site and that is causing the problem/ 1300+ online right now here, and a kot of us are watxhing the thread for the Thai rescue. Are we overloaded, perhaps?

Just had an error at 10:04 EDT. Lasted a couple minutes.

Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

@Tricia , an FYI. This has never haooened for me before on the new site, but tonight I am hsving a kot of issues:

For the last half-hour or so I am having a terrible time getting WS to open (got the "service unavailable" several times), pages are loading slowly, typing is v-e-r-y s-l-o-w, etc.

I wondered if we have an unusually high number on the site and that is causing the problem/ 1300+ online right now here, and a kot of us are watxhing the thread for the Thai rescue. Are we overloaded, perhaps?

I've been experiencing these same issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeofLife