Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope! Thank goodness.

Here’s what cyberstalking is: Cyberstalking - Wikipedia

When one does not desire another's company and another insists upon his or her presence, that's a forum equivalent of stalking, especially when the forum itself provides the unwanted access.

The more I think about the control issue here, the odder it seems. WS members rarely use their real names — they’re anonymous in their public-facing profile.

Stalking is a serious charge and a serious issue. I don’t mean to make light of it.

Is there unwanted communication, malicious intent, are there threats or is someone being doxed? Does a WS member have a restraining order against a known other poster that’s being actively violated? Have they let a mod or admin or the site owner know? Is it documented?

How would someone know who someone else is if the profile is set to private, there isn’t any personal info shared in public posts, etc.? I’m legitimately curious. Thank you.

Edit: typo

Last edited:
Is there a way to change the timestamp of posts from reading, for example, "28 minutes ago" to the actual time and date posted? This is one of my biggest pet-peeves, as silly as it seems. If we could change it it would be awesome.

I think it is like that so you know your post is still within the edit window of 60 minutes, so I like that.

How would someone following you know whether or not you have them on ignore? The person can still see your posts.

I'm not sure, but I was just asking why they are still allowed to follow after being "ignored". I don't think they know if you have them on ignore.

You cannot edit or delete a pm I just found out. That appears to be a difference between pm's and thread posts.

That is the same as the previous platform IIRC.
The color scheme in PM's was the same as Threads but the format and graphic of PM's was different. "Conversations" now are essentially private threads.
That is the way I see it so not sure if others agree?

JMO

That tip does not work on iPad ... have you found a way to see actual time during the "holding pattern"?
I use an older iPad and I used to disable Java from Safari settings when the page refreshing got to interfere too much with reading. When I did that, the site was moving excellently, but a few things were different, one of them being the exact time being shown instead of a minute ago, 5 min ago, etc. The ads were not showing, but neither did the Youtube clips or Twitter posts. Fortunately, it's been days since I last had to disable Java because there are no more issues with the pages reloading or difficulty scrolling. :cool:

That is the same as the previous platform IIRC.
The color scheme in PM's was the same as Threads but the format and graphic of PM's was different. "Conversations" now are essentially private threads.
That is the way I see it so not sure if others agree?

JMO

@Steleheart could the colour of conversations be changed? Something needs to be fixed to differentiate between PM's and threads. I have just almost posted something in the wrong place again (something which would have at the very least got me a TO!)

@Steleheart could the colour of conversations be changed? Something needs to be fixed to differentiate between PM's and threads. I have just almost posted something in the wrong place again (something which would have at the very least got me a TO!)
I agree. The colors would probably be the easiest fix.

I don't know. I alerted the post for Admin's attention.
I doubt a TO would have happened. If you make that error use edit and remove any text you posted. (If you catch it in time.)
Anyone at all can alert and ask a mod to delete.

To all:

What do use posting on a members profile page for?

Has anything been done about text lag? It still takes forever to post. Sometimes just hangs . Anyone else still suffering with this problem?

Not sure what you’re using (desktop, laptop, phone, etc), but I get laggy when using the Chrome browser on my iPhone.

If I log out, clear cache/browsing history, and then log back in, it usually gets me back up to speed. Good luck, Shires! Hopefully, that’s an easy fix for you, too. ☺️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member