Welcome To Websleuths

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snark-points box on our profiles? Hall of shame for snark? Reverse trophies? (Hopefully this is recognized as humor, not snark, or I'll be finding out right quick how this really works!)

SABBM. :eek::eek::eek::eek: What a thought!!!! :p

Thanks Tricia.

Say if someone was to be snarky and they received 2 points, then within the next 30 days they get, say, another 2 points, will the second notification let us know how many we have in total? Or is there somewhere we can go to check how many points we are on even after an alert has been and gone?

This I believe is going to take some getting used too. The good news is this system takes the guess work out of time outs.

Whenever you get any points given to you because of a violation you will automatically get a notification. In the notification will be the warning and how many points are now on your account because of TOS violation .

Example: let's say you post in the Casey Anthony forum something snarky to another member like, " vmmking nice post. Maybe George and Cindy will let you move in with them"

That is obviously a snarky sarcastic post.

You would receive a notification that your post has to be edited and why and you will be told how many points are against your account.

Most infractions are 1 to 2 points. The points drop off after 30 days.

If you get 5 points or more in a 30 day period you get an automatic time out.

I am setting up my computer. When I am finished I will post more and give more examples .

Thanks,
Tricia
Thanks, Tricia. So what if someone has turned off all alerts? Can this alert not be turned off? (Hopefully not.)

Make sure you have the check box that says "remember me" under your login checked because WS logs you out after a certain amount of time even if you are actively doing something on the site.

Thank you, but where I'm located we have atrocious internet connectivity and it drops out several times every day. I always check "remember me".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kels1221