Welcome To Websleuths

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I am aware, there isn't one.

There is not one. I tried to find it to delete that thread I started about questions about new platform because earlier it looked like this one was closed.

I don't know if the feature is still there and I can't find it but getting to the page I want on a long thread is currently difficult. This may have been already raised so apologies if I'm an echo. There used to be an option to put in the page number of the thread that you wanted to skip to but it's not there on the new forum. So getting to p31 of a 59 page thread is tedious and involves toggling forward or back a couple of pages at a time. For example, try getting from this post to page 14 of this thread.
You could also try clicking the little back arrow between the page numbers and it will move 5 pages back each time you click it. There will also appear a forward arrow to go back in case you moved more than you wanted. I find it quite neat.
Sorry if I didn't explain it very well, but English is not my first language.

I know there's a thread for it but I can't for the life of me find it anywhere. How do we block certain threads from showing up in 'new posts'? I used to have all the game threads and some cases blocked, but now they're back polluting the 'new posts' feed. How do I block these now?

It seems like there is no limit on PMs? Is that accurate?
I'd like to know this as well. I was having to delete some informational messages that I really wanted to keep before. Hoping now I don't have to do this to keep my inbox open for new messages.

@WS Admin Will the old thanks ever show up in old posts again (as likes, maybe)? I'm currently browsing through old posts in a thread and notice 0 thanks or likes. When catching up on an old case with many threads, these can be important to weed out the unimportant posts you can skim through, and knowing what to read more thoroughly.

An example would be a newbie or someone unfamiliar with Gitana's posts - the gazillion thanks on her posts would direct them to some of the most important information in a thread, as she is very knowledgeable of the law.

A lot of you propably know this but there is another helpful thread on adjusting !!

Tutorial: Xenforo Forum Software

Ty Harmony

doing the video now cracked me up when the dude is showing a PM and does one I thought

how many keyboards does he go through!

Listen to him SLAM the keys -- just made me laugh!!

Basically doing the ignore now "Lets say you don't particularly like this person" phrasing !!

Leave conversation translation delete!

Oh no he is typing again BOOM lost one ear drum!!!!!

Last edited:
I know there's a thread for it but I can't for the life of me find it anywhere. How do we block certain threads from showing up in 'new posts'? I used to have all the game threads and some cases blocked, but now they're back polluting the 'new posts' feed. How do I block these now?

You don't block on this software. You subscribe to what you want to see

@WS Admin Will the old thanks ever show up in old posts again (as likes, maybe)? I'm currently browsing through old posts in a thread and notice 0 thanks or likes. When catching up on an old case with many threads, these can be important to weed out the unimportant posts you can skim through, and knowing what to read more thoroughly.

An example would be a newbie or someone unfamiliar with Gitana's posts - the gazillion thanks on her posts would direct them to some of the most important information in a thread, as she is very knowledgeable of the law.

I have this question too! It is very handy when coming up-to-date with a case you are not familiar with as you can scroll to posts with a large chunk of "thanks" and know that you are getting pertinent info....

This is not ideal. When I hit New Posts, almost the entire first page is game room. I don't want to see game room posts.
That's strange. I just checked and for me only three out of 20 were game room posts. It's seems pretty easy to ignore those post, but I hope you can find a solution for the problem anyway.

I'd like to know this as well. I was having to delete some informational messages that I really wanted to keep before. Hoping now I don't have to do this to keep my inbox open for new messages.
If your browser supports it, and you have enough hard drive space, the "Save Page As..." option is your friend. That way you can save as many messages as your hard drive space will allow. It's also good for saving good information in threads, if you think it might soon be deleted.

It's does look like all the "Thanks" are gone. That is unfortunate.

This isn't a major issue as finding my content is really easy now, but the 'Your Content' function under my username doesn't seem to be updating.

I've posted quite a few times since yesterday at 12. (23 hours ago in my time zone).

Just thought I'd flag it up in case it points to a larger problem.

Mine is the same actually, I just noticed now that you bought it up.

You don't block on this software. You subscribe to what you want to see

Thanks for the reply, even though I'm not happy with it, lol! I don't just want to see things I subscribe to, that way I miss new cases, updates on old cases etc., you see those in 'new posts'. But, it's hard to find them right now because of the incessant games posts mixed in.... :(

That's strange. I just checked and for me only three out of 20 were game room posts. It's seems pretty easy to ignore those post, but I hope you can find a solution for the problem anyway.

It's not just the games posts, although depending on the time of day those are definitely bad. There are all kinds of Caylee Anthony/Jonbenet/certain other cases posts that I can do without and had blocked. Losing that feature really is a big loss. I don't have unlimited time to be here, so having to weed through and ignore those on top of regular posts you might not be interested in is quite annoying. But, good for you if it doesn't bother you. :)

From reading this thread it seems we are all seeing different things. I don’t see any games posts or Facebook posts.
I am having trouble finding new threads to follow. I used to receive a notification with new cases in the forums I followed, but seem to have lost these notifications since the move. Unless that was just a tapatalk feature.
On a positive note I’m finding the transition from tapatalk much easier than I expected. I’m partially sighted and was concerned I wouldn’t be able to see the new site as well as the settings I had on tapatalk, but I’m actually finding it clearer and easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper