Welcome To Websleuths

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm wording this right:

1. I'm unable to see the button or option to click on to be able to go back to top of page without scrolling suppose to be located bottom right corner.

2. Unable to see Option to add to my "Watched Forums" list suppose to be located in bottom right corner.

These problems occurring on tablets, mobile phones, and possibly ??. I believe someone said they are working on trying to correct these situations.

Katharine, if you didn't resolve this, are you able to post a screenshot of what you see when you first open a thread? (As in the top half, inc the title)

How do folks do avatars? I don't know the first thing on how to do it. Are there any on here now to pick from? Thanks in advance.

Hover over your name in the top right hand corner, and a list should pop up which includes things like "Personal Details", "Signature", "Contact Details", one of those is "Avatar" click that and upload.

I think you are the first I have seen bring this up but I initially had similar thoughts. I used to "thank" a post to show I had read it and also to keep track for myself where I left off in reading a thread. Now all those "thanks" have turned to me "liking" a bunch of crime posts :eek:o_O. At first I wasn't sure I wanted to keep "liking" posts about horrific crimes taking place, dead bodies being found, etc. But I have already turned it around in my mind to change my way of thinking about this. I figure that I am not really liking/approving of the content of a post so must as liking the person posting for bringing the news updates to us. So I'm going to think about it that way from now on-- as giving a like to the person behind the post, not necessarily the content.

I agree. I do not care for a "like" for crime posts. I know it's based on FB where I'm not in favor of it there either. Always thinking wish there were more optional choices. I think in terms in addition to your thinking of appreciating the poster so to speak for expressing their feelings and opinions. Thank you. Good post.

ETA: another example is I appreciated poster shared a link, etc.

Last edited:
Katharine, if you didn't resolve this, are you able to post a screenshot of what you see when you first open a thread? (As in the top half, inc the title)

Uh oh. I know how to screen shot on Android and share in a text. I knew one day I would need to learn how to do on my tablet (proud owner since Dec 2017). This provides inventive. Let me see what I can do. Thank you for wanting to help.

ETA: okay I know how to take screenshot (same as on Android), from there I need step by step instructions or direct me to the WS how to instructions if there are any. Or I'll ask on Travis Sidebar thread. Thank you.

Last edited:
Sometimes I draft a post in Word if it's going to be lengthy, but when I copy and paste it onto a thread the spacing between paragraphs is enormous and not always the same size. I then have to go para. by para. to delete the unwanted space. My drafts are always in single spacing.

Sometimes I draft a post in Word if it's going to be lengthy, but when I copy and paste it onto a thread the spacing between paragraphs is enormous and not always the same size. I then have to go para. by para. to delete the unwanted space. My drafts are always in single spacing.

Word adds formatting you don't know about, so try using the Remove Formatting tool in the upper right hand side of the box where you put your reply. I'm not sure if you have to select the text or not to remove formatting, so if it doesn't work one way, then try it the other way.

Word adds formatting you don't know about, so try using the Remove Formatting tool in the upper right hand side of the box where you put your reply. I'm not sure if you have to select the text or not to remove formatting, so if it doesn't work one way, then try it the other way.

Thank you Gardenista. I never had that problem before and was totally unaware of that. I'll try it out.

No, it didn't work. I pasted in the text and then pressed Remove Formatting but nothing happened.

Then I removed the text, pressed Remove Formatting and pasted it. It's still the same. :(

Last edited:
So I read this whole thread looking for someone having the same problem as me...looks like I'm the only one :(

When I type, random letters are put in everywhere. For example I'll type a word and press the space bar and it'll put an 'a' or a 'w' in after the word instead of a space (even though a and w are nowhere near the spacebar). It's like my phone keyboard is majorly lagging or been taken over by aliens or sumfin :confused: only happens on this site since upgrade. Different sites using the same browser work fine. :eek:

Have a couple of questions...
Where can I find my photos? I had several images that I worked on, and I can't find the gallery.
Why do I only have 6 likes after 475 posts?
Thanks in advance!
No one likes them? :D Just kidding, It's likes on posts since the move. Sorry can't help with the images question but I have seen people mentioning the upload a file feature under the reply box.

No one likes them? :D Just kidding, It's likes on posts since the move. Sorry can't help with the images question but I have seen people mentioning the upload a file feature.

:p:);):p You made me laugh even before I've had my coffee!!!
Thanks Tortoise!!!

Hope the system kept the images because I don't have backups for some of them, like the LISK bed sheet set, etc.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to customise your new posts? I used to have a bunch of forums muted so they didn't show up and make for too many pages of new posts.

So, I'm reading these posts asking for tech help and I feel like I am either going to cry and never stop or I will gather up amazing strength and put on my geeky pants and shirt made of steel and go straight ahead and tackle these problems with a vengeance.

Crying is winning big time. LOL

As for as "reported posts" no one should see reported posts except Websleuths Management. Could someone people explain in one post what is going on and I'll see if I can stop crying long enough to help you fix it?

Tricia

BBM

Thank you Gardenista. I never had that problem before and was totally unaware of that. I'll try it out.

No, it didn't work. I pasted in the text and then pressed Remove Formatting but nothing happened.

Then I removed the text, pressed Remove Formatting and pasted it. It's still the same. :(

OK, try highlighting everything you pasted and then press the Remove Formatting tool. I just did some experiments on posting formatted text from the forum homepage and that is what finally worked for me.

Did something changed on the watched thread page? It seems different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member