Welcome To Websleuths

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can somebody check history and let me know if the problem still exists.

Not sure if this info helps, Dave, but I actually did report a post today and that does not show up on my history. The post has not been removed yet and should be due to language and type of link. Of course, it’s not as if no one has anything to do today!

Is “new member” now the default title under avatars if nothing else is written, like my “watching and waiting.” There are some very long-time members being shown as new. Maybe it means “new to the new site”? Some have “active member” and “well known member.” Have they just been busy on the new site? Inquiring minds....

Attachments

• ACF81570-7BCF-4083-B589-E74C08096DA6.png
    ACF81570-7BCF-4083-B589-E74C08096DA6.png
    284.6 KB · Views: 7
1) Do you have an orange bar at the bottom of the page (Home> Forums> Forum Info. > Welcome to WS )with a small arrow pointing up?
--underneath that is another lighter orange bar; to the far right it says:
Contact Us - Help - Home - Top

--click the TOP and it should take you to the top of the page

----
2)
The only way I know to add to a Watched List is if you are at a thread you want, and at the top right of this main box is says "Watch Thread " or "Unwatch Thread" (or something like that)

1) Do you have an orange bar at the bottom of the page (Home> Forums> Forum Info. > Welcome to WS )with a small arrow pointing up?
--underneath that is another lighter orange bar; to the far right it says:
Contact Us - Help - Home - Top

--click the TOP and it should take you to the top of the page

----
2)
The only way I know to add to a Watched List is if you are at a thread you want, and at the top right of this main box is says "Watch Thread " or "Unwatch Thread" (or something like that)

1. The arrow led me to quick navigation tool so I learned stuff I should have already duh on me checked out. Can I use excuse I've been reading here?? I did notice once I exited out of quick navigation menu then it took me to top. Seems like an around way to go but I'll take it.

2. I'm looking on how to add to Watched Forum list. Unless I don't need that feature????

Thank you for taking time to answer my questions. Everyone has been so helpful.

The "watch forum" option is actually in the upper right corner. But it will only appear when you view the entire sub-forum, not while viewing individual threads. It's in about the same place as the "watch thread" when you view a thread.

As an example-- try going to the missing persons discussion forum: Missing Persons Discussion
Now don't click on anything-- look at the top right corner and you should see "watch forum" under a "post new thread" button. It's on the same line as the top page numbers but opposite side of the screen. If you click on that it will follow all the threads made in the current missing persons discussion forum under your watched forums.

Drats, I meant upper right corner. Okay, from your example, aha I now understand what a forum is. I'm so sorry. Don't laugh too hard, okay. Are you ready for this admission. I thought each thread led to the forum some how. Oh my goodness!!!! I am so embarrassed. Beyond embarrassed. But I am giving y'all permission to laugh at my expense. I am truly brain fried.

Thank you so much Gardener for your response.

ETD: hope you get i meant one thread per subject heading. Not all threads under one subject . for example the Lucas thread had 21+ threads.

Last edited:
I was under the impression it would no longer work on Tapatalk? I thought I’d struggle as I’ve always used tapatalk but I’m doing ok after playing around for a couple of hours.

Oh I had no idea it wouldn't work on there anymore. So I have to go through the browser on my tablet from now on? Hm.

So, I'm reading these posts asking for tech help and I feel like I am either going to cry and never stop or I will gather up amazing strength and put on my geeky pants and shirt made of steel and go straight ahead and tackle these problems with a vengeance.

Crying is winning big time. LOL

As for as "reported posts" no one should see reported posts except Websleuths Management. Could someone people explain in one post what is going on and I'll see if I can stop crying long enough to help you fix it?

Tricia

You are so funny. I was cracking up laughing. I do need those periodic belly laughs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrina