Were there floor jacks in the Ramsey basement?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't know--it doesn't make sense to me what difference putting the photos in would make. The media blitz, as the article points out was unprecedented...I don't think there was a manual on how to handle the media. The article also mentions the OJ case which had just concluded. I think the notoriety and media coverage in that case influenced the perp---remember the 100 % remark by OJ and in the ransom note?

Also interesting, was the mention of the Vanity Fair article--at the time they didn't know Steve Thomas was behind that--and why he was never prosecuted when they found out it was him is beyond me. He was part of the on-going investigation and had no business giving the reporter a copy of the ransom note, and putting his own spin on the investigation.

"The Ramseys' lead lawyer, Hal Haddon, denounced the magazine article as ''glossy tabloid trash, filled with false and misleading defamation.''

''Unidentified police officers traded confidential information and police reports in exchange for an article which flattered them and smeared the Ramseys,'' Mr. Haddon said.

He added that the disclosure of the ''killer's note'' merits ''criminal and disciplinary investigation.'"

Hi Maikai.

Ya.
For sure there's no press kit for what the Ramsey's experienced ... that media frenzy. Extraordinary lawyers.

Ramsey's demands. Psychological manipulation of the employees? Monitoring their reactions for JR's The 'Inside Job' theory?

Steve Thomas was behind that--and why he was never prosecuted when they found out it was him is beyond me.- Maikai

Ya. Maybe ST was a volatile component?

"Simpson pleads absolutely, 100 percent not guilty". ...
oh ya ...OJ!

Another Good link:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rj-eskow/doll-parts-for-jonbene_b_28235.html

sorta fill in the blank;

"Whether it's self-exoneration, self-promotion, self-incrimination, or a DA attempting to remove the taint of what one expert called "prosecutorial malfeasance," it seems that everyone had someone to gain by" ______ .

Hi Maikai.

Another Good link:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rj-eskow/doll-parts-for-jonbene_b_28235.html

sorta fill in the blank;

"Whether it's self-exoneration, self-promotion, self-incrimination, or a DA attempting to remove the taint of what one expert called "prosecutorial malfeasance," it seems that everyone had someone to gain by" ______ .

Another clueless writer! The Vanity Fair article was tainted, thanks to Steve Thomas, and this idiot writer should have knew that, except he didn't check his facts. They have good DNA. The police didn't have the evidence to make a conviction stick and Hunter knew it....which is why he hired Lou Smit. The case the police presented as far as their evidence was a joke.
The grand jury was a joke and waste of time........they had quite a few highly educated people on it, and the DNA was the stumbling block.

Another clueless writer!

I thought it was rather good. And that's rare for Huffington Post.

The Vanity Fair article was tainted, thanks to Steve Thomas, and this idiot writer should have knew that, except he didn't check his facts.

Uh-huh.

The police didn't have the evidence to make a conviction stick and Hunter knew it....which is why he hired Lou Smit.

Like you said: and HUNTER knew it. Any DA with half a spine would have made a case with one hand behind his back.

The case the police presented as far as their evidence was a joke.

It works for me.

The grand jury was a joke and waste of time

You got THAT right! No argument here.

........they had quite a few highly educated people on it,

That's not the impression I got.

and the DNA was the stumbling block.

Again, that ain't the way I heard it.

Another clueless writer! The Vanity Fair article was tainted, thanks to Steve Thomas, and this idiot writer should have knew that, except he didn't check his facts. They have good DNA. The police didn't have the evidence to make a conviction stick and Hunter knew it....which is why he hired Lou Smit. The case the police presented as far as their evidence was a joke.
The grand jury was a joke and waste of time........they had quite a few highly educated people on it, and the DNA was the stumbling block.

Hey Hotyh .....

Thanks for your take*.... "Another clueless writer!"
*smile... err, Huffington Post. But I liked the article ..... good read .....

joke? I dunno. sad joke.
like going nowhere fast ?

.... http://extras.denverpost.com/news/jon0217.htm
'feud erupted first day' between BPD and prosecutors.

I thought it was rather good. And that's rare for Huffington Post.

Like you said: and HUNTER knew it. Any DA with half a spine would have made a case with one hand behind his back.

Excellent post, SD. Read the Diane Downs story recently and was struck by the fact that the DA in that case pee-ed the detectives off by constantly asking for more evidence but he also a) helped with the investigation and b) didn't hinder search warrants etc. AH has made a big fuss about believing in the presumption of innocence but, to me, he didn't presume the Ramseys were innocent or he'd have issued the search warrants which might just have proven them innocent. What he was, was utterly terrified about double jeopardy and the fact that he wasn't an experienced trial lawyer.

AH has made a big fuss about believing in the presumption of innocence but, to me, he didn't presume the Ramseys were innocent or he'd have issued the search warrants which might just have proven them innocent. What he was, was utterly terrified about double jeopardy and the fact that he wasn't an experienced trial lawyer.

Hi Sophie.
Ya .... Double jeopardy.....
just imagine what that would have cost.

Tadpole, you are so nice! I wish I knew you in RL.

Regarding double jeopardy, for all my whingeing about the liberality of the UK legal system, England and Wales have dispensed with double jeopardy for certain crimes and where there is certain scientific evidence. The rationale was that, forensics being as they are, frivolous prosecutions are not going to happen so you can dispense with the concern underlying the principle of double jeopardy. The emotion underlying it was a case where a guy was found innocent of murdering his girlfriend then bragged in pubs about having beaten the system. He is now inside for perjury but the general case demonstrated that double jeopardy is outdated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fake_facer_addict
Back