WESH: Duct Tape Info in the Document Release

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my fear. What if there are no reports on the duct tape that was found around Caylee's head when we finally get the doc dump?

Wouldn't they hold that back for trial? What if whoever is reporting no fingerprints on duct tape are saying that because there was no report in the doc dump.

Am I making any sense here?:bang:
I can't answer because I'm not an attorney, although I'm very close to a couple of them, and I don't live in Florida, so I don't know how the Sunshine Laws affect the dumps. I do know that whatever evidence the prosecutors have for trial, they must present to the defense team in the Discovery phase, so there aren't many Perry Mason moments in trials anymore.

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe labeled to differentiate between regular and premium? Or just the raggedy adhered-to-itself ends stuck onto the closest convenient surface to discard later? Kinda like gum under the chair?
The "tape on gas can" was not studied by LE nor collected before returning the canns to CA. The last document set contains details of the evidence taken from the gas cans, and their return. No mention of Duct tape.

Sorry I didn't see your post before I posted the exact same thing!

I agree with both of you, I think it was premeditated. If a mother's baby accidentally dies, the normal reaction is to call 911 immediately and try to save the baby. Not to cover it up for 31 days.

But to actually prove solid premeditation, usually the court requires some amount of time between the planning and the killing. For example, in a case where a man murdered his wife's lover, he found out at 8am that she was cheating on him, and didn't kill the lover til 10pm at night. The court held it wasn't premeditation because he was "in a rage" that entire time and wasn't thinking straight. If I can find my old crim textbook, I'll find the citation for the case.

Here, her google searches show premeditation more than the duct tape. If KC just exploded and put the duct tape on, its not necessarily considered "premeditation" under the law if it was all done in one act. BUT, because as you pointed out the duct tape itself is likely to kill, putting it on is attempted murder, and her subsequent dying could be manslaughter at the least - but its still considered Murder 1 / Capital Murder.

Its kind of complicated the actual steps to prove murder, after a year learning it we all were -> :banghead::banghead:

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe labeled to differentiate between regular and premium? Or just the raggedy adhered-to-itself ends stuck onto the closest convenient surface to discard later? Kinda like gum under the chair?

Could be one had duct tape to show it was a gas/oil mix. My lawn mower uses plain gas buy my leaf blower uses a gas/oil mix and we do have those labeled so we don't get them mixed up.

1,100 PAGES were released.

Nobody has apologized to KC and set her free.

They won't be exculpatory.

IMO

You can look at the A fam home in any photo or video and see they are meticulous about everything. The duct tape on the gas can is in an odd place unlike where George would put it as a label, imo. The location leads me to think it may have been over the spout originally to prevent a leak when Casey had it in the car instead. She could have put the tape on there.

Ok, the tease was the duct tape - cause we all want to
know!! But what if the real blockbuster comes off something else?
There was a lot at the discovery site...

I've heard it both ways prior to this - elements most likely
to destroy prints ... others say no to that... doc dump please!!

You can look at the A fam home in any photo or video and see they are meticulous about everything. The duct tape on the gas can is in an odd place unlike where George would put it, imo. The location leads me to think it may have been over the spout originally to prevent a leak when Casey had it in the car instead of being used as a label. She could have put the tape on there.

Ahhh, good point! :clap:

You can look at the A fam home in any photo or video and see they are meticulous about everything. The duct tape on the gas can is in an odd place unlike where George would put it as a label, imo. The location leads me to think it may have been over the spout originally to prevent a leak when Casey had it in the car instead. She could have put the tape on there.

They are meticulous. Thats why I vote labels.

Orlando Sentinel reports, FBI test results on duct tape found on Caylee's skull are in that new batch of evidence. All of the evidence will be released to the public later this week.

Attorneys close to the investigation say this could bring back the possibility of the death penalty and may force Casey Anthony's defense attorney to consider a plea bargain.

http://www.wflxfox29.com/Global/story.asp?S=9857398&nav=menu98_2

I wonder who the attorneys close to the investigation are? This just makes me think that they did find prints on the tape and lots of other..

Biggest release yet-

SA will release doc dump on Wednesday.

I am happy for the heads up. Get a lot done today and plan a crock pot dinner for tomorrow which is supposed to be chilly and rainy here.

I can't believe anyone would want to defend a child killer --- I also find it hard to believe that he ever really though that she was innocent.....

KC is his third isn't she? At least the second...........:banghead: :banghead:

Oh and the first 2 are :behindbar :behindbar neighbors so to speak!!

Orlando Sentinel reports, FBI test results on duct tape found on Caylee's skull are in that new batch of evidence. All of the evidence will be released to the public later this week.

Attorneys close to the investigation say this could bring back the possibility of the death penalty and may force Casey Anthony's defense attorney to consider a plea bargain.

http://www.wflxfox29.com/Global/story.asp?S=9857398&nav=menu98_2

Is there any opportunity at all to observe Cindy and George's reaction? If the defense team has been advised of the results of this latest testing then I would think the Anthonys are aware of the outcome. If there were nothing to incriminate Casey, wouldn't they be practically dancing in the street?

Have your ever thought that if the Anthony's had simply said, "we love our daughter. we hope our granddaughter is alive," the country would have embrassed them?

Blaise

ITA and they could have added "whoever has her, please bring her back" Simple things like that, which most people in their position would have said would have changed the perception of them. And not saying things like people should get off their azzes and search while they made no attempt to. Oh, and helping out TES with something with Caylee's scent on it.

I bet George would have used a label maker or used a perm. marker instead of an ugly piece of duct tape. Have you SEEN their garage?! LOL

Did someone say CA hit the gas can with her hammer?????
Oh sorry.....wrong case....I will leave now:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member