WESH: Duct Tape Info in the Document Release

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, it is possible that the duct tape that was found on Caylee DOES match the duct tape that was found on the gas can.

There could be a match regarding the torn ends of each of those pieces of tape, indicating that they were at one time adjoined on the roll.

It is also possible that even if no DNA or fingerprints were found on the tape recovered from little Caylee's remains due to degradation from the elements (water, etc.), there may have been Casey's DNA and or fingerprints on the duct tape recovered from the gas can.

This could/would almost incontrovertibly tie Casey directly to both pieces of duct tape.

Yes, this is what I think, they have matched the tape on Caylee to the tape on the cans somehow.

Even forgetting the premeditation, putting duct tape over your child's mouth is assault and battery, and aggravated child abuse - and a good prosecutor could say attempted murder. Under the Capital Murder statutes, if someone dies during the commission of a felony - its the crime of "felony murder" and is prosecuted as Murder 1/DP eligible.

So she can't argue "I only meant to tape duct tape over her mouth, I was going to take it off" - because the average person should know that is suffocation and likely to kill a child. There's no innocent explanation for putting DUCT TAPE especially - if it was scotch tape or even masking tape that could easily come off...MAYBE she could argue. But everyone knows how sticky and strong duct tape is. IMO

Not only that, I keep seeing people talk about the fact that the duct tape could've been placed by whomever with the intent to just quiet her. But think about it, how many times have we seen and read that the duct tape was entangled in the hair so to speak, they had to cut the hair to remove the tape for forensic testing (sorry I don't have the latest doc dump link handy). So think about that and process that for a minute. If I say, in a fit of craziness would try to silence my child with duct tape (not that I EVER would mind you) with no intention of further harm, I would know not to get it in her hair. Because it would rip the hair out or you'd have to cut the hair off. So even though it's speculation I don't think it's a far cry from premeditation in that if she did in fact intend to remove the duct tape she would've been mostly been more careful about not getting it in Caylee's hair. JMO of course. :)

HAHA!! That's the ticket. I needs me my doc dump. No! You don't understand. Nobody lets me talk! I have nothing to read, all by myself. I need documents to comfort me. I'm so fhrustrated right now, I can't even swallow. No, like fur real, absolutely do not mishconstrue my meaning. Tell them to hurry, without haste...can't swallow, It hurts...

lol! it helps to laugh while we're waiting. i'm 'frushtrated' waiting too.

Nope, no way. Blink has an awesome reputation, she would not risk it. There has NEVER been a time that Blink was incorrect about anything she reported. I repeat NEVER.

My Money is on Blink!!! ....period....!
I wondered were she has been......thanks for the link!!!
:clap:

My Money is on Blink!!! ....period....!
I wondered were she has been......thanks for the link!!!
:clap:

Last I heard from her, she was busy with some other stuff in another forum... Scared Monkeys... ;)

They'll want to see the size of the kindom before they make that deal! LOL! You may rule in a nutshell.

Grrr. Well, I have had to sell off some of the fiefdom, but only to local barons who recognize me as supreme ruler.

I bet there is some sort of ambiguous evidence on the duct tape. Like it is the same tape as on the gas cans or something. Just like the rest of the evidence. Not very exacting that it was KC that did anything. This case is making me sick. All this could or maybe stuff. I bet it isn't fingerprints on the duct tape. That would make it too easy.

No offense to Blink but I will wait for the doc dump before I believe there are Casey fingerprints on the duct tape. Been on one too many wild goose chases.

Casey wrapped the duct tape over into the hair. They had to cut it out of Caylee's hair.

Casey couldn't hardly walk around being a "good mother" with Caylee if Caylee wasn't cute because she had big whacks cut out of each side of her hair.

Duct tape could have also caused the skin on Caylee's lips to be ripped off. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gag

IMO, Casey intended for the duct tape to be there forever.

Sorry I didn't see your post before I posted the exact same thing!

I didn't get excited last evening .... still not excited until the docs are released and we can examine and read them.

IIRC, the state can and has held back certain pages. Hopefully, this is the case again. We are not going to be privy to all the documentation the state will use until the actual trial or a plea bargain is reached.

Whew! It sounds good in my head, but sometimes it comes out all wonky...
:bigstick:
Verily, I say unto the guardians of the docs.
Forsooth, my thirst for knowledge is nigh relentless. :pcguru:
My kingdom for a doc dump!

:Crown:

OMG! :floorlaugh: Post of the day!!

Maybe they have something else. Maybe there aren't fingerprints on the duct tape that was around Caylee's head but was there duct tape used to hold the garbage bag closed at one point. Maybe there is fingerprints on that or maybe there is NO fingerprints but skin cells or small hairs from a hand or wrist. That stuff is sticky and I find it hard to believe that there wouldn't be something there.

What about the garbage bags? Could there be prints inside those.

Honestly with all the evidence and links back to Casey and the A home. I think she is looking at Murder 1. Geez just putting the duct tape on screams premeditation and intent to me.

I choose to be optomistic until the doc dump but wish they would hurry up already.

Grrr. Well, I have had to sell off some of the fiefdom, but only to local barons who recognize me as supreme ruler.

My Lord! :soldier:

I am glad that you responded. I realized afterward that you could have taken 'nutshell' two ways. LOL! I was thinking of Hamlet not your mental health. :)

I'm thinking this latest "source" was from inside the defense team..... My hinky meter went up when the article concluded with the quote from the defense spokesperson about LP.
I got that exact same impression...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member