Wesley Hadsell Arrested 21-22 March 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I haven't seen it in print anywhere, and a lot of us do not catch all the videos. It appears this aired the night after the special. Someone else clued me into it, otherwise I wouldn't have known either.
Thanks for the link! Out of curiosity, what "special"? The one on Hannah Graham? Thank you

Respectfully Bold By Me....
Go back to the 3:17 mark and listen again, "MAY bring a case against him (WH) to the Grand Jury" and at the approx 3:43 "IS CONSIDERING pursuing a case for disposing of the body in that county" Pros did not want to speak with the reporter (male) and next Grand Jury meets in 2 weeks.

Again, rbbm, this is not saying they are definitely bringing charges. So lets not jump ahead just yet and say "is" until we see that. Drug charge is in Norfolk County and last time I checked was still showing outstanding. JMHO

I'm sure WH is keeping his fingers crossed.

Thanks for the link! Out of curiosity, what "special"? The one on Hannah Graham? Thank you

The special is the first video link on this page I posted earlier. http://wtkr.com/2015/10/28/the-mystery-behind-the-discovery-of-aj-hadsells-body/ Looking back, it aired Oct 29, so the followup would have been Oct 30. That puts the approximately 2 weeks somewhere around the end of this week. Are there dates announced ahead of when GJ convene?

ETA: http://www.courts.state.va.us/courts/circuit/southampton/home.html
Term begins 3rd Monday of Nov, GJ convenes first day of term.

I'm sure WH is keeping his fingers crossed.

Seeing where AJ's remains were found, all overgrown, still a dumping ground of sorts, I'm grateful he's behind bars, not hurting anyone or the investigation.

Wonder if the possible illegal dumping (and btw, it's abuse of a corpse, isn't it?) could be a sort of test run. If SHC could actually nail him on that, then the NPD might have some solid charge to jump off of. Am I making sense? I need coffee.

Wonder if the possible illegal dumping (and btw, it's abuse of a corpse, isn't it?) could be a sort of test run. If SHC could actually nail him on that, then the NPD might have some solid charge to jump off of. Am I making sense? I need coffee.

Wouldn't they need some kind of evidence to actually prove he did it, though? So far, what we know about certainly doesn't seem like enough to bring charges.

I don't see how that couldn't be considered double jeopardy. I do think that we will see a final decision on charges soon though. Hopefully before this hits the one year anniversary. :judge:

I don't see how that couldn't be considered double jeopardy. I do think that we will see a final decision on charges soon though. Hopefully before this hits the one year anniversary. :judge:

It's not double jeopardy if the charges are different.

Wouldn't they need some kind of evidence to actually prove he did it, though? So far, what we know about certainly doesn't seem like enough to bring charges.

I don't know all the evidence available to LE, but his work vehicle GPS pulling into the driveway is certainly damning. If his personal cell phone tracked to that house as well, that's pretty strong circumstantial evidence, imo.

I don't know all the evidence available to LE, but his work vehicle GPS pulling into the driveway is certainly damning. If his personal cell phone tracked to that house as well, that's pretty strong circumstantial evidence, imo.

Right, that's why I said "what we know about". There has to be more, since there's no way they'd proceed with charges with only what's public knowledge. I mean, I know they (LE) know more than we do anyway, but there has to be more directly connecting him to that house. If that makes sense.

I'm **guessing** he thought he had GPS turned off, both on the work van and his phone. Thankfully, he's stupid.

To me it's pretty obvious, beyond a reasonable doubt, that he put AJ there. I would assume a GJ would say the same. Just waiting for him to get back on the air and tell us all that he dropped her off there to meet a friend. Ugh....

It's not double jeopardy if the charges are different.

Regarding the "same offense", which triggers double jeopardy. If you and I can see a trial on a lesser charge as a "test case", I am sure that a judge would see it the same way. Even if it is a different charge, they would be related enough to fall under double jeopardy, IMO.

SHC?

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Regarding the "same offense", which triggers double jeopardy. If you and I can see a trial on a lesser charge as a "test case", I am sure that a judge would see it the same way. Even if it is a different charge, they would be related enough to fall under double jeopardy, IMO.

There are several cases where one perp was charged with both murder and illegal dumping of a body. I would think if double jeopardy was an issue, that couldn't happen. But I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on Websleuths. ;)

They usually make sure that a case which isn't strong enough to show murder will still be paid by prosecution of getting a conviction on lesser charges.

I just wish that they used this strategy on the Casey Anthony case. Her baby supposedly had duct tape on the mouth while the defense argued a accidental drowning in casey and grandpas presence .

But since the DA only went for murder and check fraud. Then there wasn't any charges left to hook casey on since the cod wasn't proven to be a homicide.

They usually make sure that a case which isn't strong enough to show murder will still be paid by prosecution of getting a conviction on lesser charges.

I just wish that they used this strategy on the Casey Anthony case. Her baby supposedly had duct tape on the mouth while the defense argued a accidental drowning in casey and grandpas presence .

But since the DA only went for murder and check fraud. Then there wasn't any charges left to hook casey on since the cod wasn't proven to be a homicide.

One the starkest lessons I've learned since becoming a WSer is that, much as we all would love to see a perp pay for all the crimes
they committed, it's often more sensible to try to nail them on charges that aren't a huge, all or nothing, gamble. I wish it wasn't that way, but some times it just is. In AJ's case, if it came down to giving up the ammo charges in favor of trying to win a homicide conviction, I'd hold on to those ammo charges. They are a sure bet.

There are several cases where one perp was charged with both murder and illegal dumping of a body. I would think if double jeopardy was an issue, that couldn't happen. But I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on Websleuths. ;)
You can get both charges in the same case, but you can't be charged for each separate cases. I can see a case where the perp gets off on a murder charge but admits enough (usually in a defense) to satisfy a charge of tampering or illegal dumping which is later prosecuted, but you can't use the evidence produced in the one case for the other. In an attempt to use the illegal dumping as a "test case", you would be using evidence that would be much more valuable in a murder trial. Let's say he is found guilty of the dumping charge, that would eliminate a lot of evidence that you could have used in a murder trial to answer the question as to how the body got where it was found.

I'll defer to the online lawyers for this, but that is my understanding. You can't nibble around the edges of a larger charge with a bunch of cases on lesser charges. You can charge a mass murderer with charges from his individuals separately (when they were murdered separately), but you couldn't break up a case where someone killed 3 people in a single event into 3 separate cases.

One the starkest lessons I've learned since becoming a WSer is that, much as we all would love to see a perp pay for all the crimes
they committed, it's often more sensible to try to nail them on charges that aren't a huge, all or nothing, gamble. I wish it wasn't that way, but some times it just is. In AJ's case, if it came down to giving up the ammo charges in favor of trying to win a homicide conviction, I'd hold on to those ammo charges. They are a sure bet.

Yes, girl - like they got Al Capone on taxes; sometimes you have to take what you can get but I think the circumstantial evidence against WH is huge. I could be wrong, have been many times; I just still don't know if he meant to do it. ?? ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pastureraisedoffroadpoke
Back