Wesley Hadsell Arrested 21-22 March 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You can get both charges in the same case, but you can't be charged for each separate cases. I can see a case where the perp gets off on a murder charge but admits enough (usually in a defense) to satisfy a charge of tampering or illegal dumping which is later prosecuted, but you can't use the evidence produced in the one case for the other. In an attempt to use the illegal dumping as a "test case", you would be using evidence that would be much more valuable in a murder trial. Let's say he is found guilty of the dumping charge, that would eliminate a lot of evidence that you could have used in a murder trial to answer the question' as to how the body got where it was found.

I agree if you're saying they wouldn't charge him with tampering/dumping if they have enough to go for a murder charge; they would give away too much. I wish they would give manner of death, I guess it's still undetermined? That would help to see where they are going to take this. How can you prove murder though when someone od's? He may only get charged with the drug charge and illegal dumping of a body - hopefully, he will get a lot of time for those if nothing else. Hope I'm making sense, am multitasking!

Yes, girl - like they got Al Capone on taxes; sometimes you have to take what you can get but I think the circumstantial evidence against WH is huge. I could be wrong, have been many times; I just still don't know if he meant to do it. ?? ;)

I agree that the circumstantial evidence is strong that he dumped and hid her body at the Franklin house. But with a COD of acute heroin poisoning and a MOD that is undetermined, proving homicide beyond a reasonable doubt is a tall order. :(

I agree that the circumstantial evidence is strong that he dumped and hid her body at the Franklin house. But with a COD of acute heroin poisoning and a MOD that is undetermined, proving homicide beyond a reasonable doubt is a tall order. :(

I agree but I've seen other jurisdictions charge drug dealers with second degree murder, especially if they have evidence of dangerous conduct and lack of regard for human life.

Involuntary manslaughter is also a possibility because it normally only requires a reckless disregard for human life and the defendant's knowledge that his or her conduct was a threat to the lives of others.

Either of those charges, if they stick, coupled with charges for dumping her body could land WH in prison for a good long while.

Not long enough IMO but sometimes we have to take what we can get and hope for divine intervention in the matter.

I agree but I've seen other jurisdictions charge drug dealers with second degree murder, especially if they have evidence of dangerous conduct and lack of regard for human life.

Involuntary manslaughter is also a possibility because it normally only requires a reckless disregard for human life and the defendant's knowledge that his or her conduct was a threat to the lives of others.

Either of those charges, if they stick, coupled with charges for dumping her body could land WH in prison for a good long while.

Not long enough IMO but sometimes we have to take what we can get and hope for divine intervention in the matter.

BBM

But how do you prove WH dealt her the heroin that killed her? He was found with residue, not a quantity sufficient for an intent to distribute charge. Any good defense attorney would argue that, at the worst, he and she used together and she OD'ed. He panicked and didn't know what to do. If all the cards fell right (and I say that because I don't know what evidence was found in his hotel room), his attorney could simply argue that, yeah, he tried heroin before. But he never once used it in AJ's presence, nor she him. Prove otherwise, kwim?

But like I said, I have no idea what evidence was found in that room. If there's something to tie her to that room, after she "disappeared", then a prosecuting attorney might be able to pull a rabbit out of his or her hat.

BBM

But how do you prove WH dealt her the heroin that killed her? He was found with residue, not a quantity sufficient for an intent to distribute charge. Any good defense attorney would argue that, at the worst, he and she used together and she OD'ed. He panicked and didn't know what to do. If all the cards fell right (and I say that because I don't know what evidence was found in his hotel room), his attorney could simply argue that, yeah, he tried heroin before. But he never once used it in AJ's presence, nor she him. Prove otherwise, kwim?

But like I said, I have no idea what evidence was found in that room. If there's something to tie her to that room, after she "disappeared", then a prosecuting attorney might be able to pull a rabbit out of his or her hat.

Agree. Wes should had just told the dam truth if it was a innocent od under his watch. But his cover up had us thinking the whole thing was sexual in nature of a possible step dad trying to overdose and take advantage of his stepdaughter.

Which could still be true. But I doubt they shot up the heroin. I'm thinking it was via smoking or sniffing. Especially since their was no punctured marks mention.

if it was a innocent od
It seems that more of you who have followed this case for so long are now thinking it actually WAS an OD.

Do you know things about the case from sources not appropriate to mention here? Or is the lack of any new information making you go back and rethink things? I have long upheld the opinion that AJ did not take drugs, but what do I know. I always thought that WH went into her house that morning and something happened.

I suppose that something could have been as simple as Wes suggesting that she go somewhere with him and hang out with friends - and they started to "party." If your theory has changed to an OD, please PM if you are willing to talk about why it has changed. Thank you

It seems that more of you who have followed this case for so long are now thinking it actually WAS an OD.

Do you know things about the case from sources not appropriate to mention here? Or is the lack of any new information making you go back and rethink things? I have long upheld the opinion that AJ did not take drugs, but what do I know. I always thought that WH went into her house that morning and something happened.

I suppose that something could have been as simple as Wes suggesting that she go somewhere with him and hang out with friends - and they started to "party." If your theory has changed to an OD, please PM if you are willing to talk about why it has changed. Thank you

If any of us knew things about this case that were not appropriate to mention here in the open forum, we wouldn't be able to mention those things here in the open forum without running the risk of violating TOS.

:silenced:

If any of us knew things about this case that were not appropriate to mention here in the open forum, we wouldn't be able to mention those things here in the open forum without running the risk of violating TOS.

:silenced:

Inviting someone to pm you also violates TOS. From personal experience, it's really hard to keep track after a while whether information learned through a pm is public knowledge or off limits. It's usually safest not to go down that road IMO. :)

Didn't the medical examiner rule the COD to be heroin overdose?

Didn't the medical examiner rule the COD to be heroin overdose?

Yes, you're right. An OD is an OD, however it happened. I think the OP was getting the impression that some here think AJ used heroin voluntarily (because Dexter mentioned an innocent overdose) and wanted clarification of our opinion.

Just to clarify for the OP, at this point we have no idea how the heroin got into her body (MOD), and by whom (AJ or someone else). Dexter mentioned that it must have been smoked or sniffed since there were no needle marks mentioned, but that would likely be due to the condition of her remains. And as mountain_kat mentioned, it will be really hard to prove WH gave her the lethal dose. Personally, I doubt AJ was using heroin, and I think the OD came about by means of someone else, either accidentally or deliberately. JMO

It does to me too. Sounds like it was way more than anyone would have ever consumed on their own. Worse than overdose. Too bad they can not use truth serum.

Actually it was "Acute heroin poisoning" that to me sounds worse than overdose. It sounds more like a hot shot. Who knows if we'll ever find out?

http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news...-during-memorial-service-in-norfolk/26005947/

When I google "acute heroin poisoning" the references that show up are all about "heroin overdose." I think they are probably the same thing, but possibly "acute heroin poisoning" is the medical term. Heroin is considered a "poisonous ingredient" in at least one reference I found. JMO

https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002861.htm

When I google "acute heroin poisoning" the references that show up are all about "heroin overdose." I think they are probably the same thing, but possibly "acute heroin poisoning" is the medical term. Heroin is considered a "poisonous ingredient" in at least one reference I found. JMO

https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002861.htm

Exactly. We had someone medical explain this at some point. The medical examiner is basically given specific wording he can use. This is the term. Overdose is not.

Actually it was "Acute heroin poisoning" that to me sounds worse than overdose. It sounds more like a hot shot. Who knows if we'll ever find out?

http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news...-during-memorial-service-in-norfolk/26005947/

"Acute heroin poisoning" is listed on heroin overdose deaths regardless of the amount found. It might be worded differently if there were multiple substances involved. In my state I have seen several death certificates from heroin overdoses and the ones where heroin was the only contributing factor found, "acute heroin poisoning" was COD.

BBM

I don't believe that it was an accidental overdose.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back