Wesley Hadsell Arrested 21-22 March 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM: A lot of us IMO believe there *may* be some truth in some of WH's statements he has made in interviews. Thank you Mountain Kat for posting this part of his interview because after reading it several times in a row now, some things have stuck out to me; that being how often he (WH) use the word "someone." I think it's highly possible that these "someone" (someoneS IMO) have actually changed their stories. Of course, we don't know because we have heard from nobody but WH. My questions are (and I realize we may never actually know the truth) so instead of me saying "my questions are", I should say that somethings I am wondering about and am very curious about are: WHO could have possibly planted AJ's jacket; WH or *someone* else? WHO said they saw AJ wearing this said jacket when she went by? Did someone or someone(S) purposely go to a specific house JUST so they could say that they saw *something* - in this case, that *something* was AJ's jacket? Is it possible the 4 people that are involved (allegedly per WH's interview) that *THEIR* stories DID actually change about what was seen where and when? Hypothetically, 4 people on the outside would find it far more easy to collaborate and get their stories straight (per-say) than it would be for 1 person on the inside - after all, 4 against 1. Was the jacket planted or was there "evidence tampering" as WH says. And IF there was evidence tampering, is it possible that WH isn't the only person responsible for these acts?
My final word of thought is, sometimes those who appear the most innocent, are actually those who are actually far from innocent. I do not feel that WH is innocent in AJ's demise; however, I do strongly feel there are others involved and the others that I feel are possibly involved are the ones who are currently trying to play the role of I/we had nothing to do with AJ's disappearance and demise and people are falling for it; for example, I feel so sorry for them, they are grieving, they truly loved AJ, etc etc etc. This is all JMO and IMO only.

Well...I guess a good way to go about answering some of those questions would be to look at who was and who wasn't charged with breaking and entering, who was and who wasn't charged with maiming/killing an animal, and who was and wasn't charged with obstruction of justice.

That's just my opinion, though.

Well...I guess a good way to go about answering some of those questions would be to look at who was and who wasn't charged with breaking and entering, who was and who wasn't charged with maiming/killing an animal, and who was and wasn't charged with obstruction of justice.

That's just my opinion, though.

JMO but I have no doubt of who was charged with breaking and entering and who was charged with maiming/killing an animal, WH was and he actually admitted in the interviews that he did both these things. As far as the obstruction of justice charges, we know that WH was charged with those as well because obviously he is in jail for those charges. But we also know IMO the investigation is far from over. I do not believe anyone else participated in the breaking and entering, nor do I believe anyone else participated in the punching the dog. It would be difficult to dispute those things when WH has ADMITTED in the Wavy TV interview that HE/WH did those things. Just my guess but I anticipate there may be several other charges on others (besides WH) possibly involving their interference with the investigation, possibly withholding information, possible perjury, accessories after the fact, and maybe many, many more. Only time will tell.

JMO but I have no doubt of who was charged with breaking and entering and who was charged with maiming/killing an animal, WH was and he actually admitted in the interviews that he did both these things. As far as the obstruction of justice charges, we know that WH was charged with those as well because obviously he is in jail for those charges. But we also know IMO the investigation is far from over. I do not believe anyone else participated in the breaking and entering, nor do I believe anyone else participated in the punching the dog. It would be difficult to dispute those things when WH has ADMITTED in the Wavy TV interview that HE/WH did those things. Just my guess but I anticipate there may be several other charges on others (besides WH) possibly involving their interference with the investigation, possibly withholding information, possible perjury, accessories after the fact, and maybe many, many more. Only time will tell.

I don't disagree with you at all. :)

Attempting to piece together the breaking and entering incident, the 4 obstruction of justice charges, and LE's statement that Wesley Hadsell was seeking to impede the investigation into the disappearance of Anjelica Hadsell. Here we go.

March 6-8(approx.) Wesley Hadsell broke into an occupied dwelling with the intent to create a misdemeanor. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6QHkjbC3op6UWJyTDVrdnJfSzg/view?pli=1 It was in relation to this incident that he was also charged with 4 counts of obstruction of justice, and maiming or killing a dog.

We discover some of the break in story here : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1025uXR2A4W5cOl08c74yyTAfnP2z2upQdFdywZTtyEw/edit?pli=1

WH: Okay, without saying it out loud, but yes someone has brought themselves to the forefront. They did interview them three times. And let’s just say someone happened to see something that maybe they didn’t want them to see... maybe a friend, you know, was hanging out with someone. There was a search warrant executed on this person and their house

WH: and lets just say that my daughters jacket, because I’m not going to beat around the bush, my daughter’s jacket that she was wearing when she saw me last, that someone recognized as she was driving as a dark navy blue color - something up top - obviously that’s the jacket, her longwood softball jacket with her name stenciled in it, now that was found in this guy’s possession hidden in his house.

We get more of the story here: http://wavy.com/2015/03/23/video-jailhouse-interview-with-wesley-hadsell/

WH: Those 4 charges deal with 4 individuals who may or may not have told a story, one version,because they say they were in fear of me. Yes, they are Anjelica's friends.

WH: Then there was an issue that someone's house may or may not have been broken into, that those 4 people may have changed their story on originally, about how evidence came about. They're not saying it was planted or whatever, just evidence tampering. Because say somebody broke into a house, theorectically, and verified information, that that evidence was there, and that they moved it, or whatever, in order to make the evidence come to light.

And, we know from a recent WTKR report (which I don't think I can link), that Andre Barr was one of the 4 individuals named in Wesley Hadsell's obstruction of justice charge.

March 21 (Sat.) Wesley Hadsell is brought in for questioning, at 9:00amm in relation to the disappearance of Anjelica . He was interrogated for 15 hours. During this interrogation, a search warrant was served on his hotel room at the Americas Best Value on E Little Creek Rd. LE found 72 rounds of 9 mm ammunition hidden in the air vent. It was during this interrogation that Wesley Hadsell was placed under arrest and charged with breaking and entry, 4 counts of obstruction of justice, and possession of ammunition after a felony conviction. He was later also charged with the maiming or killing of a dog (which also stemmed from the break in incident).

That article is actually in AJ's media thread up top http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...nks-**NO-DISCUSSION**&p=11730080#post11730080

Charges at this time:

4 counts obstruction of justice (felony)
1 count breaking and entering an occupied home (felony)
1 count possession of ammunition by a felon (felony)
1 count maiming of an animal (misdemeanor)

Documented here http://norfolk-sheriff.com/inmate-information/ and here https://eapps.courts.state.va.us/gdcourts/nameSearch.do by selecting Norfolk Criminal General District Court and then entering his name in the search.

His expression in the booking photo (first link, photo on the right in jail garb) is rather interesting. Somewhat of an arrogant smirk, I'd say. Not at all the look on someone's face you might expect to see who is broken up over their step-daughter being missing.

BBM: A lot of us IMO believe there *may* be some truth in some of WH's statements he has made in interviews. Thank you Mountain Kat for posting this part of his interview because after reading it several times in a row now, some things have stuck out to me; that being how often he (WH) use the word "someone." I think it's highly possible that these "someone" (someoneS IMO) have actually changed their stories. Of course, we don't know because we have heard from nobody but WH. My questions are (and I realize we may never actually know the truth) so instead of me saying "my questions are", I should say that somethings I am wondering about and am very curious about are: WHO could have possibly planted AJ's jacket; WH or *someone* else? WHO said they saw AJ wearing this said jacket when she went by? Did someone or someone(S) purposely go to a specific house JUST so they could say that they saw *something* - in this case, that *something* was AJ's jacket? Is it possible the 4 people that are involved (allegedly per WH's interview) that *THEIR* stories DID actually change about what was seen where and when? Hypothetically, 4 people on the outside would find it far more easy to collaborate and get their stories straight (per-say) than it would be for 1 person on the inside - after all, 4 against 1. Was the jacket planted or was there "evidence tampering" as WH says. And IF there was evidence tampering, is it possible that WH isn't the only person responsible for these acts?
My final word of thought is, sometimes those who appear the most innocent, are actually those who are actually far from innocent. I do not feel that WH is innocent in AJ's demise; however, I do strongly feel there are others involved and the others that I feel are possibly involved are the ones who are currently trying to play the role of I/we had nothing to do with AJ's disappearance and demise and people are falling for it; for example, I feel so sorry for them, they are grieving, they truly loved AJ, etc etc etc. This is all JMO and IMO only.

ETA: IF certain individuals DID go to a certain place looking for a piece of evidence, just to say that that piece of evidence was there and so they could then say that they indeed saw it, are they not then playing along? Which would then say they are actively participating? Which then leads to, were they helping the investigation with good intent in mind, or were they purposely hindering the investigation by participating and playing along? And then when things go south and AJ isn't found and they realize this is no game, do their stories then start changing because oh no, now they are slipping in their own carp?!

This is JMO. But the way I've understood the charges and WHs babble about it is that he suspected this kid because of supposed "creepy texts" and the kid finding the first piece of the card with Anjelica's name on it. WH decided to break in the house to look for evidence. He then told the four kids that he found AJ's jacket and put it in plain view so that the kids could see it and report it to police.
I don't think the kids had anything to do with the break in. I think they were bullied by WH to report it the jacket to police as if they had seen it in their own. When they were questioned, they sang like birds.

This is JMO. But the way I've understood the charges and WHs babble about it is that he suspected this kid because of supposed "creepy texts" and the kid finding the first piece of the card with Anjelica's name on it. WH decided to break in the house to look for evidence. He then told the four kids that he found AJ's jacket and put it in plain view so that the kids could see it and report it to police.
I don't think the kids had anything to do with the break in. I think they were bullied by WH to report it the jacket to police as if they had seen it in their own. When they were questioned, they sang like birds.

I think WH singled this kid out because he didn't like him. He did his best to set him up as a legitimate POI but it didn't work. I think he put the cut up debit card exactly where it was found (or had someone else do it) and then decided to break into his house to either plant more evidence or steal some and place it elsewhere, to further connect this kid to AJ's disappearance. I think it's also entirely possible at least some of those teens hanging around did know ahead of time what he was going to do but maybe DIDN'T believe WH had anything to do with AJ's disappearance at the time. Of course this all speculation and nothing I haven't expressed here before.

The lack of anyone else being charged with anything at this point, is rather interesting though.

This section from the jailhouse interview with Joe Fisher indicates that at least one person knew ahead of time.

"JF: How did police find out you went in there?

WH: Uhm people change their stories. I mean... they were badgered, questioned really hard. Whatever. It wasn’t a story. It was just something that um..

JF: Do you think that they just didn’t want to lie?

WH: I respect that. That is probably what that was. They want to get to the bottom of the truth. I don’t think they did it to, like, sell me out, rat me out. It wasn’t that - we talked about it. It was more like we just agreed that, I don’t know… I had a conversation with an individual and I felt like it was something we had to do. When I made that decision, other individuals were brought in because I was just trying to make the evidence come to light. I didn’t have the jacket. I didn’t plant the jacket. I didn’t know anything about that. It was the fact of the overwhelming information that led me there, which… you yourself have a lot of that information."

BBM. It's open to interpretation, but to me it sounds as if these conversations all took place before the break in.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tll_DccWAnjsCgnvMktbb7HXTh7CK6Gkxh8C3PLn0No/edit

This section from the jailhouse interview with Joe Fisher indicates that at least one person knew ahead of time.

WH: Uhm people change their stories. I mean... they were badgered, questioned really hard. Whatever. It wasn’t a story. It was just something that um..

WH: I respect that. That is probably what that was. They want to get to the bottom of the truth. I don’t think they did it to, like, sell me out, rat me out. It wasn’t that - we talked about it. It was more like we just agreed that, I don’t know… I had a conversation with an individual and I felt like it was something we had to do. When I made that decision, other individuals were brought in because I was just trying to make the evidence come to light. I didn’t have the jacket. I didn’t plant the jacket. I didn’t know anything about that. It was the fact of the overwhelming information that led me there, which… you yourself have a lot of that information."

BBM. It's open to interpretation, but to me it sounds as if these conversations all took place before the break in.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tll_DccWAnjsCgnvMktbb7HXTh7CK6Gkxh8C3PLn0No/edit

I took it that way as well. I also have wondered what it was that he referenced verbally and you can see in the video interview you linked, where WH kind of nudges his head at JF when he says, " you yourself have a lot of that information." Is that additional info than what has been made public?

http://wavy.com/2015/03/23/video-ja...adsell/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

About 12:00 for that part of discussion.

I think WH singled this kid out because he didn't like him. He did his best to set him up as a legitimate POI but it didn't work. I think he put the cut up debit card exactly where it was found (or had someone else do it) and then decided to break into his house to either plant more evidence or steal some and place it elsewhere, to further connect this kid to AJ's disappearance. I think it's also entirely possible at least some of those teens hanging around did know ahead of time what he was going to do but maybe DIDN'T believe WH had anything to do with AJ's disappearance at the time. Of course this all speculation and nothing I haven't expressed here before.

The lack of anyone else being charged with anything at this point, is rather interesting though.

I agree with the theory that WH tried to set this kid up and that the kid is innocent.

I agree with the theory that WH tried to set this kid up and that the kid is innocent.

Yes more than likely. I just hate when there are loose ends, which we have. Not that they release WH necessarily, but you know..

Which is exactly why I think at least some of the teens knew what he was going to do. Who knows how many people he actually talked to about this before he did it? It seems to me at least 4 of those people felt threatened by him after the fact but who knows who they are? Teens? Adults? Hmm... One has been named in msm but other than him, it's anyone's guess at this point.

He refers to them as four people, four guys and those kids at various points in the interview.

And then after a direct question from Joe about the 4 kids, he says they are Anjelica's friends, who are over at the house more often that not.

I wish we knew more about this jacket. I doubt it was the jacket she was supposedly wearing when she left. If so, either Texty or Wes would have been charged already, imo.

Apparently , Texty's mom said it was his girlfriends jacket. That makes more sense. If so then, Wes did not really plant it. It was already there and he moved it around. But if he actually brought one of AJ's jackets---that is nuts.

I wish we knew more about this jacket. I doubt it was the jacket she was supposedly wearing when she left. If so, either Texty or Wes would have been charged already, imo.

Apparently , Texty's mom said it was his girlfriends jacket. That makes more sense. If so then, Wes did not really plant it. It was already there and he moved it around. But if he actually brought one of AJ's jackets---that is nuts.

Do you recall Zach comments (available through his profile) about the household where the jacket was found? Apparently, according to Zach, that kid's mom was taken aback by the whole thing and found the story about the jacket in complete in-congruence with the truth about her son and the jacket in question. The one thing that stood out about the family was that they had been away at the time of the Hadsell "heroic" break-in and dog assault.

The thing that stands out most to me is that there is NOTHING from AJ's friends, family, or Wes's family begging for more tips, that a murderer is on the loose and people should be aware, etc. WH's sister stated she felt there was more than one person involved, but as far as I've seen, that's the only one that even mentions a killer could be out there!!!

Those closest to the case, closest to AJ, closest to the family do NOT seem afraid, or looking for a perp. Speaks loud and clear to me.

I don't know if WH acted alone or not, I feel he did, and then all the drama later was his attempt at deflection, and throwing attention elsewhere in which he DID involve others into his scheme.

IIRC the home that was broken into, that home did have a security system or camera of the event. It's interesting that JH also has a security system, yet we've heard nothing about any video from it, or any signs of a break-in, when it was last turned on, or off, etc. Maybe it was malfunctioning? I don't know.

Which bring me to another question...how many posters have a home security system installed? Are they do it yourself or through a company that you pay monthly to monitor? What was the deciding factor in you getting a system?

Bumping. We will have a preliminary hearing tomorrow morning, unless it is waived or postponed again ... or I suppose a plea deal or charges dropped.

Or, the prosecutor could have taken charges to the grand jury that recently met and it will get bumped to circuit court.

I'm leaning towards grand jury. But I hope there is a prelim tomorrow and good media coverage.

Any locals attending?

Bumping. We will have a preliminary hearing tomorrow morning, unless it is waived or postponed again ... or I suppose a plea deal or charges dropped.

Or, the prosecutor could have taken charges to the grand jury that recently met and it will get bumped to circuit court.

I'm leaning towards grand jury. But I hope there is a prelim tomorrow and good media coverage.

Any locals attending?

Will try to be there by 11am at the latest..I have one meeting at 8:30am then I will head across the street ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member