Wesley Hadsell Arrested 21-22 March 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like they added a statutory burglary charge to the list of things WH is seeing the grand jury for tomorrow.

639618daa1a82a0cb2be613fd106e14f.jpg

http://ewsocis1.courts.state.va.us/CJISWeb/Search.do

And it's a class 6 felony. Which means:
"Another statutory definition (§ 18.2-92) of burglary in Virginia is breaking and entering into a home while someone is inside, either during the day or at night, while also intending to commit a misdemeanor offense other than assault and battery or trespass. This offense is considered less severe than the others listed and is classified as a Class 6 Felony. "
http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-92

:coffeews: :cuckoo:

Thank you for that info, MJ. Why does it say "Fugitive" in the last column -- on the same line as "Statutory Burglary"?

(I assume the 49% at the upper right-hand corner indicates that only half of the charges against WH are listed -- they're working on the remaining 51% -- yeah, right.) :coffeews:

This is clearly referring to the break in at CF's house. As crazy as this sounds, I think I was right from the start. I think he took something of CF's from that house and planted it at the Franklin house. Under normal circumstances, I would be the first person to say this was a far-fetched theory, but we already know that WH broke into a house to plant evidence, so what would stop him from taking evidence from the house to plant elsewhere? Nothing, as far as I can determine.

I don't think this is far fetched at all. Obviously, we don't have any confirmation that this is true, but it would certainly fit his M.O. in his clumsy attempt to frame CF.

:coffeews: :cuckoo:

Thank you for that info, MJ. Why does it say "Fugitive" in the last column -- on the same line as "Statutory Burglary"?

(I assume the 49% at the upper right-hand corner indicates that only half of the charges against WH are listed -- they're working on the remaining 51% -- yeah, right.) :coffeews:

He hasn't been served

This is clearly referring to the break in at CF's house. As crazy as this sounds, I think I was right from the start. I think he took something of CF's from that house and planted it at the Franklin house. Under normal circumstances, I would be the first person to say this was a far-fetched theory, but we already know that WH broke into a house to plant evidence, so what would stop him from taking evidence from the house to plant elsewhere? Nothing, as far as I can determine.
And they might not have had confirmation that this something had been taken from the house at the initial court appearance when the judge dropped the charges. I am betting test results from the Franklin house have started to come in now. I would not be surprised at all if you are correct.

FYI - this burglary charge was also a "direct indictment".

It just goes to show what so many of us have been trying to say...just because he was *charged* with the crimes, didn't mean he was *guilty* of the crimes.

I, in no way, am saying WH is innocent in regards to AJ's demise, but rather, he IMO isn't the only one who played a role in it, and now since all the *others* have had their say and LE/investigators have heard their testimonies, statements, etc, it might not be all cut and dried as it appeared. One thing I remind myself of (and I've mentioned it several times) is it seems that WH is basically the only one on his side, versus a group of others who have all been able to try to get their stories to coincide with one another and so it would appear that nobody else played a role before, during and/or after AJ's demise. And just because someone testifies to something still does not mean it is the truth, anybody can say what they want even though they are sworn to tell the truth and nothing but the truth and it wouldn't surprise me that before it's all over, many who have testified, given statements etc may eventually be charged with the minimum of perjury, and possibly even charged for the roles they *may* have played, all while they were busy pointing their fingers at somebody else.

There is a reason all the other charges were dropped, and we may never know why. However, I'm thinking it my be because what's already been said and done in regards to the obstruction charges etc didn't pan out like was planned and so there wasn't enough to prosecute, and therefore their only choice/option was to drop the charges. JMO

So I got this weird e-mail today from VA Vine stating he was released from prison. Please delete if not allowed:

9/8/2015

This e-mail is to inform you that WESLEY Hadsell has been released from custody as of 9/8/2015. If you have any concerns about your immediate safety, contact your local law enforcement agency, or call 911.

For more information, contact the Norfolk City Jail. The telephone number is (757)664-4700.

This notification is sponsored by the Virginia Statewide VINE service. It is our hope that this information has been helpful to you.

Please click the link below to take part in a very brief survey regarding your Virginia VINE awareness and experience.

Vinelink updated, as they rebooked WH:

Offender Name: WESLEY PAUL HADSELL
Offender ID:3002712
Date of Birth:05/21/1978
Race: White

Custody Status: In Custody
Location of Offender:Norfolk City Jail

Booking Date: 09/08/2015
https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/de...hType=offender

Now the holding is:
http://norfolk-sheriff.com/inmate-information/#Lookup

Name: WESLEY PAUL HADSELL
Permanent Number: 3002712 Booking Number: 2015008738
Sex: M DOB: 05/21/1978
Commitment Date: 09/08/2015 Projected Release Date:

Detainer Information
There is no detainer information for this inmate.

Bond Information
Case #: Amount: $0.00 Status: No Bond Posted By: MAGISTRATE Post Date: 09/08/2015
Bond Type:

Charge Information
Case # Offense Date Code Description Grade Degree
09/08/2015 FED9990F9 990A Held Federal Authority F F
There is no hearing information for this inmate.

Curious how this will play out. Apparently they didn't look at WH hotel room for AJ prior or my understanding to March 20, 2015.

Since the charges were dropped, I wonder if t was a waiting game for the Feds to get their charges filed? Or if WH gave some sort of credible evidence? Also If LEO had searched the room prior to AB testimony, wouldn't they have found this stuff they are using now in the Fed charge? Him having the shooting range on his phone, which led to Feds getting shooting range sign in forms, (he knew he was in the wrong and should be held to those consequences) but would that info be legal since it was gotten from the search warrant on March 20 on word of AB?? JMHO
The federal charge stems from a Norfolk police search of Wesley Hadsell's room at the Americas Best Value Inn in Norfolk on March 20 in connection with the disappearance of his stepdaughter. The hotel's log showed he had been living there for almost a month. http://hamptonroads.com/2015/09/sta...st-wesley-hadsell-who-remains-federal-custody

ETA: : https://lintvwavy.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/hadsell-affidavit.pdf

CRIMINAL COMPLAINT: https://lintvwavy.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/hadsell-fed-gun-complaint.pdf

It just goes to show what so many of us have been trying to say...just because he was *charged* with the crimes, didn't mean he was *guilty* of the crimes.

I, in no way, am saying WH is innocent in regards to AJ's demise, but rather, he IMO isn't the only one who played a role in it, and now since all the *others* have had their say and LE/investigators have heard their testimonies, statements, etc, it might not be all cut and dried as it appeared. One thing I remind myself of (and I've mentioned it several times) is it seems that WH is basically the only one on his side, versus a group of others who have all been able to try to get their stories to coincide with one another and so it would appear that nobody else played a role before, during and/or after AJ's demise. And just because someone testifies to something still does not mean it is the truth, anybody can say what they want even though they are sworn to tell the truth and nothing but the truth and it wouldn't surprise me that before it's all over, many who have testified, given statements etc may eventually be charged with the minimum of perjury, and possibly even charged for the roles they *may* have played, all while they were busy pointing their fingers at somebody else.

There is a reason all the other charges were dropped, and we may never know why. However, I'm thinking it my be because what's already been said and done in regards to the obstruction charges etc didn't pan out like was planned and so there wasn't enough to prosecute, and therefore their only choice/option was to drop the charges. JMO

^ This. Although I suspect the dropping of the state charges and the addition of the federal charge has something to do with more jail time on the federal charge. I do find it disturbing that a convicted felon having ammo could snag them 10 years in jail when such filthy monsters like pedophiles seem to be back out on the streets before you can finish lunch. I appreciate the justice system, but in some cases it's just so messed up.

^ This. Although I suspect the dropping of the state charges and the addition of the federal charge has something to do with more jail time on the federal charge. I do find it disturbing that a convicted felon having ammo could snag them 10 years in jail when such filthy monsters like pedophiles seem to be back out on the streets before you can finish lunch. I appreciate the justice system, but in some cases it's just so messed up.

I totally agree with this comment. I was saying the same thing the other day to my husband that 10 years does seem a bit harsh for something like that compared to other crimes. I definitely agree that there needs to be some sort of punishment for it.

Thank you for the link to the ATF agent's testimony. I am a bit confused, though, and I must say that my heart sank when I read the headline "charges dropped". So ... does this mean that the breaking in / interference charges were dropped but he is still being held on the ammo charges? And does this mean that Norfolk is waiting for federal charges to be brought up? So - so far ALL of the other charges have been dropped (animal abuse, etc) except the ammo charge?

:tantrum: Hannah Graham's case and AJ's are my first and only that I have followed from beginning to end. Both very sad, and this one much more frustrating. I have learned a lot, though. Maybe I have not learned patience.

It seems he has been moved.

This email is to inform you that WESLEY HADSELL has been transferred from the Norfolk City Jail as of 9/9/2015. As a result, you will no longer receive notifications concerning this offender under your current registration with VINE.

For more information, contact the former holding facility. The telephone number is (757)664-4700.

This notification is sponsored by the Virginia Statewide VINE service. It is our hope that this information has been helpful to you.

Please click the link below to take part in a very brief survey regarding your Virginia VINE awareness and experience.
http://surveysolutions.appriss.com/survey/main/survey/1541

Thank you,

The VINE Service

This email is to inform you that WESLEY HADSELL has been transferred from the Norfolk City Jail as of 9/9/2015. As a result, you will no longer receive notifications concerning this offender under your current registration with VINE.

For more information, contact the former holding facility. The telephone number is (757)664-4700.

http://surveysolutions.appriss.com/survey/main/survey/1541

Thank you,

The VINE Service

He doesn't show up under the federal prison system either. It only shows his 2010 prison release information.http://www.bop.gov/inmateloc/

Is this a matter of "processing" from a locality into federal custody? Do the local or regional jails retain physical custody of inmates being held for federal charges?

I'm having trouble finding a good source to research interagency procedures regarding jail and correctional facilities.

RSBM

When you look him up on the link below it appears he has been transferred from Norfolk City Jail to Western Tidewater Regional Jail. New booking photos too.

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/searchResultsAction.do?searchType=offender&siteId=47000&lang_value=en&searchWhere=state&doc=47000%7C900&agency=227&id=&lastName=hadsell&firstName=w&dob=&ageRange=0&methodToCall=search

Again, I am wondering if this will stick because the search warrant was issued from the other charges that were dropped. If WH had put those in the vent, I would think there would be finger prints on the boxes and on the round on table. Even if they were at his home as to why any fingerprints if found of his, he knew he shouldnt have had. Again I am wondering of if a set up. Surely he would have known with his daughter missing that they would possibly check his room... JMHO.

Monday has first appearance and bond hearing, but he has asked for postponement. Did him having a new lawyer have anything to do with all state charges being dropped? Will be interesting to follow.

"Those bullets were not put in that hotel room by me," Hadsell says. "They weren`t put in that air duct by me.

When asked if he thought somebody planted that ammunition in that hotel room he replied, "I do know that as a convicted felon I would not have ammunition in my hotel room."

The court documents also outline testimony in court on May 11th. The person testifying said he and another person went to Wesley's hotel room where Wesley grabbed what he called his "bag of toys" because he "didn't want the cops to find out." The person said Wesley said he had two guns in the bag and he witnessed Wesley pull ammo from the bag and put it in the air vent.

Court documents say on Monday Norfolk Police searched Hadsell's cell phone and found a video of AJ shooting a handgun at a Chesapeake rifle range on New Years Eve.

"So are they charging me for being at a gun range with my daughter? That she`s practicing proper gun safety, a technique that most people would say their kid should have," Hadsell says.

According to Hadsell's attorney, Eric Korslund, Hadsell's state charges have been dropped -- something Hadsell surprisingly is not happy about.

"I wanted my day in court," he says. "I wanted to be able to prove my truth that I was not guilty.

"I have done nothing wrong... I didn`t hurt my daughter, I didn`t have ammunition. I`m not going around toting guns."
http://wtkr.com/2015/08/28/wesley-hadsell-now-a-facing-federal-weapons-charge/

So, as the good convicted felon he is he would never have ammunition BUT he will commit other felonies such as buying and using coke. I believe him. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo