Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there's this.

http://wavy.com/2015/04/03/police-investigating-in-iow-in-anjelica-hadsell-disappearance/

One resident said police told him Hadsell’s cell phone sent a signal to the area March 3 at 8 a.m.

But it's about clear as mud whether that means her phone sent a signal from the pond itself, or just the area. And does nothing to enlighten us as to whether or not WH's phone also pinged from this area.

We do know that Mr. Hines said he saw the Quality Plumbing van slow down at the Pond and turn around about a week and a half prior to the pond search, which would put it there about the same time the clothes on S Battlefield were discovered. Does that mean WH ditched AJ's phone at the pond around March 3, and then went back to the pond for some reason? Or does it mean he didn't ditch her phone in the pond until some time around the 19th when WH and crew "discovered" AJ's clothes in Chesapeake?

Your guess is as good as mine at this point.

IIRC (will have to find the link but I'm sure it's on the media thread) JH reported that the last text message contact she had was around 430am on Tues. 3/4. So it would make sense that WH tossed AJ's phone shortly after that last text message.

IIRC (will have to find the link but I'm sure it's on the media thread) JH reported that the last text message contact she had was around 430am on Tues. 3/4. So it would make sense that WH tossed AJ's phone shortly after that last text message.

The last text her mother received was around 4 am on March 3.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_f208X9VhEZREZJN0wzNVpkOGM/view?pli=1

And we know that AJ's phone pinged at 8:30 am on that same day at the pond in Franklin. So, my guess is that the phone was ditched in the pond then.

The last text her mother received was around 4 am on March 3.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_f208X9VhEZREZJN0wzNVpkOGM/view?pli=1

And we know that AJ's phone pinged at 8:30 am on that same day at the pond in Franklin. So, my guess is that the phone was ditched in the pond then.

I concur. I think he kept that phone as long as he felt he could without the police involvement. He knew the MPR was coming soon. He deterred JH as long as possible with distracting texts while he tied up his own loose ends but he knew it had to be tossed.

That IOW pond and the Smiths Ferry Rd. vacant house are also both on the outer edges of his awareness space based on his work history in the area.

Another note is that when LE was onsite searching the house and property we discussed at length what LE was examining at the evidence markers by the driveway entrance and gutter/ditch line. Seems the tire tracks from the work truck were a likely item as many suspected.

I concur. I think he kept that phone as long as he felt he could without the police involvement. He knew the MPR was coming soon. He deterred JH as long as possible with distracting texts while he tied up his own loose ends but he knew it had to be tossed.

That IOW pond and the Smiths Ferry Rd. vacant house are also both on the outer edges of his awareness space based on his work history in the area.

Another note is that when LE was onsite searching the house and property we discussed at length what LE was examining at the evidence markers by the driveway entrance and gutter/ditch line. Seems the tire tracks from the work truck were a likely item as many suspected.

If our assumptions are correct, then the only time LE could have GPS data placing their phones side by side would have been sometime between the hours of 7am on March 2 and 8:30 am on March 3. That's roughly a 24 hour time frame. And we know that LE told Wes that they had pings from her cellphone that went straight to his hotel room. Assuming that is also correct (and I think it is), then her phone was in his hotel room within that same 24 hour time frame, and left the hotel by 8:30 am on 3/3. So I'd bet my farm that the time frame for his work van GPS tracking to the Franklin house was in the very early morning hours of 3/3. Which would mean that, at some point, LE probably does have her cell phone gps, his cell phone GPS and the vans GPS all making the same exact track...at least for some period of time.

JMO

O/T - Whoa Mountain_Kat, you just made 10,000 posts on Websleuths. Congratulations!!!!

If our assumptions are correct, then the only time LE could have GPS data placing their phones side by side would have been sometime between the hours of 7am on March 2 and 8:30 am on March 3. That's roughly a 24 hour time frame. And we know that LE told Wes that they had pings from her cellphone that went straight to his hotel room. Assuming that is also correct (and I think it is), then her phone was in his hotel room within that same 24 hour time frame, and left the hotel by 8:30 am on 3/3. So I'd bet my farm that the time frame for his work van GPS tracking to the Franklin house was in the very early morning hours of 3/3. Which would mean that, at some point, LE probably does have her cell phone gps, his cell phone GPS and the vans GPS all making the same exact track...at least for some period of time.

JMO

Good, yes, I agree this sounds corect with what me know. Now, can we factor in the black/blue Dodge Caravan that was supposedly seen pulling into the driveway and around back, turning off the lights? I know that witnesses are often quite off on times, but neighbor said he saw this 3-4 weeks before April 10. http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news...s-at-home-where-human-remains-found/25573359/

Couldn't it just as easily been 5 weeks, which puts it around March 3? For some reason I always imagined that this was when he/they dropped AJ's body - with this vehicle ... i.e. The Gps data shows he drove past then back to the house - maybe checking it out as a possible dump site, he tossed the phone, and later he comes back in the Dodge caravan and hides AJ's body behind the house. If this Dodge Caravan is related to AJ's case, who owns it? When that interview hit the air on April 10, did anyone realize/recall that WH had borrowed a Dodge Caravan? Or is the Dodge Caravan a total red herring and unrelated, or did it exist at all? Argh so frustrating.

Ugh, I have a lot to learn about quote function! This is a response re: local news stations. I am an a comm and marketing director and I could go on forever about how often the local news inaccurately reports details of criminal and civil cases, including details of the victim and their family. It usually isn't worth the time or effort for a family or organization to sue, and looking at local dockets will show you it rarely happens.

OntarioMom, I'm not trying to be snarky, I do love for your passion for the case!!

JMO

Except the news report said the GPS tracking was "around the same time" AJ was last seen. As far as we know, she wasn't seen by anyone on the 3rd.

Ugh, I have a lot to learn about quote function! This is a response re: local news stations. I am an a comm and marketing director and I could go on forever about how often the local news inaccurately reports details of criminal and civil cases, including details of the victim and their family. It usually isn't worth the time or effort for a family or organization to sue, and looking at local dockets will show you it rarely happens.

OntarioMom, I'm not trying to be snarky, I do love for your passion for the case!!

I was just assuming the news station wouldn't be so fast and loose with inaccurate info, mostly for legal reasons. I certainly could be wrong.

I was just assuming the news station wouldn't be so fast and loose with inaccurate info, mostly for legal reasons. I certainly could be wrong.

WTKR has a reputation for being the least reputable of the big three, as far as sensationalism goes. But then again, "if it bleeds, it leads" is the unspoken mantra of many/most media venues.

Good, yes, I agree this sounds corect with what me know. Now, can we factor in the black/blue Dodge Caravan that was supposedly seen pulling into the driveway and around back, turning off the lights? I know that witnesses are often quite off on times, but neighbor said he saw this 3-4 weeks before April 10. http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news...s-at-home-where-human-remains-found/25573359/

Couldn't it just as easily been 5 weeks, which puts it around March 3? For some reason I always imagined that this was when he/they dropped AJ's body - with this vehicle ... i.e. The Gps data shows he drove past then back to the house - maybe checking it out as a possible dump site, he tossed the phone, and later he comes back in the Dodge caravan and hides AJ's body behind the house. If this Dodge Caravan is related to AJ's case, who owns it? When that interview hit the air on April 10, did anyone realize/recall that WH had borrowed a Dodge Caravan? Or is the Dodge Caravan a total red herring and unrelated, or did it exist at all? Argh so frustrating.

Awesome post ! Thank you, this is where I was always at. Tie it up LE! Too many people have said dark green Caravan, lets hear some more.

O/T - Whoa Mountain_Kat, you just made 10,000 posts on Websleuths. Congratulations!!!!

Except the news report said the GPS tracking was "around the same time" AJ was last seen. As far as we know, she wasn't seen by anyone on the 3rd.
BBM

I've recently wondered if LE knows of a credible sighting at a time later than 7:00 a.m. Tuesday and at place (not her home) that we aren't aware of. They may be holding that info close. I don't necessarily think it was on the 3rd though, but who knows?

I wonder if they are referring to this :

Tuesday, March 3 – AJ was last heard from 5:30 AM – according to JH. Says her texts didn’t sound like her.

According to WH, she texted him the “okay emoji” – they “texted back and forth” on March 3.

Man says that police told him cell phone may have sent a signal to the area of the pond in IOW around 8:00 AM on March 3.

========================================================

They might have been referring to the last time she was heard from, not seen?

looks like they have edited the piece from the orig. (I knew would so I screen shot the orig to see how it would change along the way)

POSTED 7:20 PM, OCTOBER 28, 2015, BY BECCA MITCHELL, MIKE MATHER AND MARISSA JASEK, UPDATED AT 06:32PM, OCTOBER 30, 2015 http://wtkr.com/2015/10/28/the-mystery-behind-the-discovery-of-aj-hadsells-body/
Hadsell's attorney, Eric Korsland says we shouldn't be too quick to convict. He says there's still too many questions.

"Who else has access to this work van," Korslund asks. "That raises another question as well. I mean its one thing if you have GPS on somebody`s cell phone because a cell phone could be identified to a particular person, but a work van belongs to a company and so there`s a lot of people that use this work van."

Around the same time, means at approximately the same time, not exactly the same time.

The meaning of "around" or "approximately" depends on the context and we do not have that from this its vague as to exact times. There are many times within the context of this case. So how do we know which one to use? Why discount one for the other? Same with eyewitnesses.. why discount 2 that lived on the street but believe others in area of the abandoned house that didn't live near or even call it in. They could all be right, wrong or partially or right but not connected to AJ.

Why believe some of what WH says but discount others (not speaking of things that has been proven lie with court documents) the whole pick and choosing is confusing to me just to fit someones theory. JMHO

Hadsell's attorney, Eric Korsland says we shouldn't be too quick to convict. He says there's still too many questions.

"Who else has access to this work van," Korslund asks. "That raises another question as well. I mean its one thing if you have GPS on somebody`s cell phone because a cell phone could be identified to a particular person, but a work van belongs to a company and so there`s a lot of people that use this work van."
======================================================

BBM
I think that is a bit of a reach. From what was said earlier, Wes used that same van and drove it back at the end of each day. And the GPS was during the working hours, so what was Wes driving if not the van they checked?

That attorney is trying Defense-slight-of-hand with that tricky statement. "Hey, anyone could drive the company van..." But no, not really. The company absolutely knows who had the van and when they had it...

If that is his defense then he is in real trouble.

======================================================

BBM
I think that is a bit of a reach. From what was said earlier, Wes used that same van and drove it back at the end of each day. And the GPS was during the working hours, so what was Wes driving if not the van they checked?

That attorney is trying Defense-slight-of-hand with that tricky statement. "Hey, anyone could drive the company van..." But no, not really. The company absolutely knows who had the van and when they had it...

If that is his defense then he is in real trouble.

Right. Red herring. This seems easy to disprove. No doubt there are records of who used what van & when & they keep those for all sorts of boring reasons (insurance, mileage).

Right. Red herring. This seems easy to disprove. No doubt there are records of who used what van & when & they keep those for all sorts of boring reasons (insurance, mileage).

And the investigators had to go to the company and ask them which van Wes was driving on that day/week. If that was the van they tested then that is the van Wes was driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
telecrushxx