Wesley Hadsell Arrested 21-22 March 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, here's another thought I had after reading WH's latest "manifesto". He makes sure to mention TM has a history with heroin...if he did indeed have something to do with AJ's death, he would've known if they found her, they'd find heroin in her system. Was this his way of "setting up" somebody? He talks constantly of a setup. Maybe he's not the victim of a setup, but the perp of one ... JMO ... thinking out loud.

BBM, I'm not sure you're using the correct word there. This was a letter to his mom.

According to the letter WH had not been in contact with TM for years, yet JH has been in contact with him at least several months prior to AJ going missing. He states in his letter he doesn't know the motive for TM getting involved. He also doesn't seem to be aware of TM & JH's relationship (not implying anything by using that term).

IF WH was involved with AJs death and knew she'd had a heroin OD then it'd be even less likely that he'd mention it in his letter, IMO.

It's far more likely, IMO, he gave his mom the heads up on TM's prior heroin use just as a warning of what his past looked like, in the even that his mom encountered TM.

BBM, I'm not sure you're using the correct word there. This was a letter to his mom.

According to the letter WH had not been in contact with TM for years, yet JH has been in contact with him at least several months prior to AJ going missing. He states in his letter he doesn't know the motive for TM getting involved. He also doesn't seem to be aware of TM & JH's relationship (not implying anything by using that term).

IF WH was involved with AJs death and knew she'd had a heroin OD then it'd be even less likely that he'd mention it in his letter, IMO.

It's far more likely, IMO, he gave his mom the heads up on TM's prior heroin use just as a warning of what his past looked like, in the even that his mom encountered TM.

Oh I used the right word. Every time WH is in contact with anyone or the media, he attempts to use it for sympathy and to his advantage. I, for one, tend to not believe a word he says...JMHOO.

Ok, here's another thought I had after reading WH's latest "manifesto". He makes sure to mention TM has a history with heroin...if he did indeed have something to do with AJ's death, he would've known if they found her, they'd find heroin in her system. Was this his way of "setting up" somebody? He talks constantly of a setup. Maybe he's not the victim of a setup, but the perp of one ... JMO ... thinking out loud.

YESSSSSS. :yes:

That is Wes's MO. Lots of projection on his part. Lots of conspiracy theories when he is the one doing lots of manipulations and bullying himself.

That letter to dear old Mom was a self serving load of rubbish, imo.

Wes has a long criminal history which includes fraud, forgery, identity theft, etc etc. He is a professional con man. That letter was a manufactured, self serving, piece of PR. He knows that any letter, to mom or whomever, is going to be read by the state.

He is throwing bread crumbs out there trying to point the way to his own freedom.

Why wouldn't he mention heroin if he knew she was going to be found overdosed with it? It is perfect according to his warped way of thinking, to be 'proactive', and let mom know that TM has a history of heroin use...you know, just in case it matters down the line...MEANWHILE Wes had his own scale at home with powdery residue...:facepalm:

Why would he warn his mom about TM? He is no worse than Wes was himself with his drug use and his hidden weapons and ammo in the vents.

I don't have any idea what WH's intentions were when he wrote those things in the letter to his mom, but WH has been in and out of jail and involved with the legal/justice system enough to know how things work regarding incoming/outgoing mail, telephone calls etc. So, whatever his intentions were, IMO, backfired on him because now he is still in jail because of things he mentioned in the letter and all on his own (with nobody else to blame), he cannot get bond because he is considered a flight risk and a danger to others - all because of what he himself wrote in that letter! shaking my head

And my post above reminded me of a couple other thoughts. Could someone so stupid (such as WH in regards to the letter) be smart enough to be responsible for putting AJ's body at that house and yet not leave any trace of evidence behind (at least not that we know of yet) to not get caught/charged for doing it??

Or, did someone else put AJ's body at that house to make it appear as if it was WH that did it?

I do have to agree with one thing he has said and that is, there sure are lot of coincidences that play out through all of this, that I am convinced of!

And another thought I just had, if WH would NOT have had the ammo in his hotel room, then he would NOT even be in jail right now, and if that were the case, I wonder what else may have played out by now in regards to how the investigation has went and/or is going?

Smart enough to not have the firearm, but yet still had the ammo?

I hate to say this and I hope I'm wrong, but it would not surprise me if nobody was ever arrested/charged for AJ's body being found behind that house, which is just heartbreaking, because she deserves justice. I do not believe that she got there to that abandoned house by herself!

And another thought I just had, if WH would NOT have had the ammo in his hotel room, then he would NOT even be in jail right now, and if that were the case, I wonder what else may have played out by now in regards to how the investigation has went and/or is going?

I hate to say this and I hope I'm wrong, but it would not surprise me if nobody was ever arrested/charged for AJ's body being found behind that house, which is just heartbreaking, because she deserves justice. I do not believe that she got there to that abandoned house by herself!

BBM

I am not sure that is true that if he hadn't had the ammo then he wouldn't be in jail. I think they dropped the other charges BECAUSE they had him on the federal case of a felon w/ammo. But if he had not had that then the MIGHT have found a way to make the Breaking and Entering etc. stick. I think they want him on ice for awhile. JMO

And my post above reminded me of a couple other thoughts. Could someone so stupid (such as WH in regards to the letter) be smart enough to be responsible for putting AJ's body at that house and yet not leave any trace of evidence behind (at least not that we know of yet) to not get caught/charged for doing it??

Or, did someone else put AJ's body at that house to make it appear as if it was WH that did it?

I do have to agree with one thing he has said and that is, there sure are lot of coincidences that play out through all of this, that I am convinced of!

We don't know if there was any trace evidence. Maybe that's why he told everyone about the lunch time meeting in the gas station--so if they found trace evidence it would not mean anything. He was her father and they drove each other's vehicles, etc etc, so even if they did find trace evidence of Wes on her clothing , it would not prove anything.

I never understood why he would only hide part of the ammo and the scale in the crawl space and not all of it. Why leave it out for the maids to see or find. When I stay at a hotel room with maids coming in toe clean or give fresh towels I certainly don't leave any of my important or very personal belongings for one to see. That's quite a bit of rounds for someone to just leave laying around.

We don't know if there was any trace evidence. Maybe that's why he told everyone about the lunch time meeting in the gas station--so if they found trace evidence it would not mean anything. He was her father and they drove each other's vehicles, etc etc, so even if they did find trace evidence of Wes on her clothing , it would not prove anything.

Poor choice of words on my part I guess. Instead of saying "not leave any trace of evidence behind," I should've said could he have been smart enough to not leave enough evidence of some sort behind. Also, we don't know what LE/investigators may or may not have, hence the reason I said "at least not that we know of yet". I didn't mean, strictly speaking as in "trace evidence" but rather any trace of evidence. Hope that clarifies my post.

BBM

I am not sure that is true that if he hadn't had the ammo then he wouldn't be in jail. I think they dropped the other charges BECAUSE they had him on the federal case of a felon w/ammo. But if he had not had that then the MIGHT have found a way to make the Breaking and Entering etc. stick. I think they want him on ice for awhile. JMO

It's JMO but I *think* there is more to the story of why the breaking and entering charges were dropped, AND the 4 obstruction of justice charges that were also dropped. We don't know why and we may never know why. But one thing I remind myself of is this, those 4 obstruction of justice charges originated from what 4 individuals said and testified to (which by no means says any or all of it was even true!)

What lead up to the search warrant being served for WH's motel room? I'm going to have to go back and re-read and look at some of the documents to see what actually did lead up to the search warrant being served, as it really has me curious now.

http://wavy.com/2015/05/11/wesley-hadsell-obstruction-of-justice-case-to-be-continued/

They arrested Hadsell the next day and charged him with four counts of obstructing justice, one charge of possessing ammunition after a felony and one charge of breaking and entering. He was also charged with animal cruelty after allegedly hitting a dog during the break-in.In court Monday, a judge dismissed the animal cruelty and the breaking and entering charges. Hadsell’s lawyer argued he did not have an intent to commit a crime when he broke into the home, and the judge agreed. The judge also agreed there was not sufficient evidence of Hadsell hitting the dog.
The remaining five felonies will go before a grand jury next week, where they will decide whether or not to indict him.

(My point being, so they drop 5 felonies to prosecute him for 1 felony of a felon in possession of ammunition?! Nope, I'm not buying it). JMO, there's a lot more to the story of why those other 5 felonies were dropped. My guess is there wasn't enough to convict him of those charges, otherwise wouldn't 6 felonies be better than 1? And yes, I do understand, it's easier to prosecute him for the felon in possession of ammunition, as that is basically a given. But IMO it's common sense, that they would love to prosecute him on ALL of the felonies and I'm guessing the stories/testimonies of the so-called 4 friends of AJ's, just didn't cut it after all. Hmmmm, wonder why that could be....
I also followed another case with a lot of similarities to this one and it was found in the end that there was not probable cause enough for a search warrant (for in this case, the ammo to be found) and all the charges were dismissed. Just something to think about IMO....

YES.

And this part is very telling too:

" I'm actually worried because of all the coincidences.....that house and the last name also. Mom, I feel like someone is setting me up for a big one...."

Why is that particular house a 'set up' for him?

Probably for the same reason that it had his own sister doubting him.

Great point!

Shortened by me for brevity and relevance

Did you actually read WH's letter to his mom?

He says a lot of things in that letter that most sane and rational people wouldnt say.

Things like saying he's going to run away, that he isnt going to prison and he will keep that promise by any means necessary........he even overtly threatens people.

So I think youre giving him a lot more credit than he actually deserves here.

I think sally is spot on in her assessment of WH mentioning heroin in that letter.

Its curious that it is mentioned before the official cause of A.J.s death was released.

And doubly so because WH seems to be trying to pin it on someone else in a very passive aggressive sort of way.

A few observations, moo and all ...

1) I believe that this was a calculated and crafted letter; this was not the first draft, in my opinion. If this were "off the cuff," I believe we would see "scratched out" errors or some indication that he started to write something and then changed his mind. In 10 handwritten pages, I would expect to see some error or stray pen mark.

2) It was written to garner sympathy and to cast doubt. Poor Wes. Good family man Wes. How could this have happened to a man who loves his family? Look at the heroin man moving in on his wife.

3) I realize there are grammatical errors, etc... but looking beyond that I am a bit surprised that he expresses himself this well in writing. I taught writing for years. If he wrote this, it is further evidence that he is not stupid. As far as why he would include the threats and running (or suicide) --- is it possible that he is so calculating that he added that in there so it would make him LOOK like he is ignorant to the fact that his mail is read? So that the reader would assume that if he is dumb enough to be honest about running out on the bond, that the rest of what he has written is also real? That kind of calculation seems far-fetched . . . but for the life of me I can't figure out why he would put that in the letter. Or an even longer shot --- could he want to stay incarcerated for some reason? I know that is crazy, too, but why would he put that in such a calculated letter? There is a reason.

4. I am no handwriting expert. But it appears to me that on some of the pages his letters/words slant in opposite directions. He almost always begins a line with letters/words slanting to the left. Then at some point near the center of the line his letters/words start to shift upright and then as the line continues slant slightly to the right. Look at the pages that are labeled 5 and 6. I am not saying that this means ANYTHING or that I am reading anything into it. It just visually struck me.

5. I've looked back at old info, but I cannot seem to find the answer to this question and my memory is shot - please point me in the right direction. Was he picked up by the police at his hotel or somewhere else? Did the police get the search warrant after he was arrested . . . i.e. did they enter the hotel later, after the arrest, or while he was inside the room? I just cannot remember. If he was inside the room, it could explain why ammo might be left out in plain sight. He was there so he didn't need to hide it from the maids or whatever. Someone may have just come and picked up the gun but not the ammo. I am trying to think why it was out in plain sight when other items were stashed in the vent.

It's JMO but I *think* there is more to the story of why the breaking and entering charges were dropped, AND the 4 obstruction of justice charges that were also dropped. We don't know why and we may never know why. But one thing I remind myself of is this, those 4 obstruction of justice charges originated from what 4 individuals said and testified to (which by no means says any or all of it was even true!)

What lead up to the search warrant being served for WH's motel room? I'm going to have to go back and re-read and look at some of the documents to see what actually did lead up to the search warrant being served, as it really has me curious now.

Respectfully BBM...
According to doc aj wes warrant on ammo 1.jpgaj wes warrant on ammo 2.jpg https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6QHkjbC3op6UWJyTDVrdnJfSzg/view?pli=1
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ocs-**NO-DISCUSSION**&p=11715740#post11715740

and by AB testimony,used in the Probable Cause Affidavit http://www.scribd.com/doc/279492398/Hadsell-Court-Documents JMHO, that is where they got info to search the room. The Dates on the arrest show March 6 - 8th.

A few observations, moo and all ...

1) I believe that this was a calculated and crafted letter; this was not the first draft, in my opinion. If this were "off the cuff," I believe we would see "scratched out" errors or some indication that he started to write something and then changed his mind. In 10 handwritten pages, I would expect to see some error or stray pen mark.

2) It was written to garner sympathy and to cast doubt. Poor Wes. Good family man Wes. How could this have happened to a man who loves his family? Look at the heroin man moving in on his wife.

3) I realize there are grammatical errors, etc... but looking beyond that I am a bit surprised that he expresses himself this well in writing. I taught writing for years. If he wrote this, it is further evidence that he is not stupid. As far as why he would include the threats and running (or suicide) --- is it possible that he is so calculating that he added that in there so it would make him LOOK like he is ignorant to the fact that his mail is read? So that the reader would assume that if he is dumb enough to be honest about running out on the bond, that the rest of what he has written is also real? That kind of calculation seems far-fetched . . . but for the life of me I can't figure out why he would put that in the letter. Or an even longer shot --- could he want to stay incarcerated for some reason? I know that is crazy, too, but why would he put that in such a calculated letter? There is a reason.

4. I am no handwriting expert. But it appears to me that on some of the pages his letters/words slant in opposite directions. He almost always begins a line with letters/words slanting to the left. Then at some point near the center of the line his letters/words start to shift upright and then as the line continues slant slightly to the right. Look at the pages that are labeled 5 and 6. I am not saying that this means ANYTHING or that I am reading anything into it. It just visually struck me.

5. I've looked back at old info, but I cannot seem to find the answer to this question and my memory is shot - please point me in the right direction. Was he picked up by the police at his hotel or somewhere else? Did the police get the search warrant after he was arrested . . . i.e. did they enter the hotel later, after the arrest, or while he was inside the room? I just cannot remember. If he was inside the room, it could explain why ammo might be left out in plain sight. He was there so he didn't need to hide it from the maids or whatever. Someone may have just come and picked up the gun but not the ammo. I am trying to think why it was out in plain sight when other items were stashed in the vent.
According to WH in the Joe Fisher interview after he was arrested,http://wavy.com/2015/03/23/video-jailhouse-interview-with-wesley-hadsell/ he went to the NPD around 9am on March 20 on his own to talk with them. IIRC they called him? .This is also date of search for clothing iirc. He was arrested after midnight on March 21. arrest docs https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6QHkjbC3op6UWJyTDVrdnJfSzg/view?pli=1

Quote Originally Posted by NWLady View Post

BBM

Respectfully, If he hadn't had the ammo, then he wouldn't have had an ammo charge. Thus he wouldn't have had federal case of felon w/ammo.

And the Breaking and Entering charge was thrown out and the Pros did a Direct Indictment. Without the Breaking and Entering charge, NONE of the charges would have stuck... Thats where the Obstruction charges come from.. and the testimony of AB which is in all the docs I have seen. JMHO, as I am not an attorney....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper