Wesley Hadsell Arrested 21-22 March 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully, If he hadn't had the ammo, then he wouldn't have had an ammo charge. Thus he wouldn't have had federal case of felon w/ammo.

And the Breaking and Entering charge was thrown out and the Pros did a Direct Indictment. Without the Breaking and Entering charge, NONE of the charges would have stuck... Thats where the Obstruction charges come from.. and the testimony of AB which is in all the docs I have seen. JMHO, as I am not an attorney....

It sounded to me like he had just bought those 50, the rest already hidden in the vent. JMO

I never understood why he would only hide part of the ammo and the scale in the crawl space and not all of it. Why leave it out for the maids to see or find. When I stay at a hotel room with maids coming in toe clean or give fresh towels I certainly don't leave any of my important or very personal belongings for one to see. That's quite a bit of rounds for someone to just leave laying around.

It sounded to me like he had just bought those 50, the rest already hidden in the vent. JMO
But the convo you quoted me on, was If he hadn't had the ammo in the room, he wouldnt be in jail right now. (He was stupid to have it in there, and that's why he is in jail) If WH Hadn't had the ammo.... most likely wouldn't be in jail. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by NWLady View Post
And another thought I just had, if WH would NOT have had the ammo in his hotel room, then he would NOT even be in jail right now, and if that were the case, I wonder what else may have played out by now in regards to how the investigation has went and/or is going?

Smart enough to not have the firearm, but yet still had the ammo?

I hate to say this and I hope I'm wrong, but it would not surprise me if nobody was ever arrested/charged for AJ's body being found behind that house, which is just heartbreaking, because she deserves justice. I do not believe that she got there to that abandoned house by herself!

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
BBM

I am not sure that is true that if he hadn't had the ammo then he wouldn't be in jail. I think they dropped the other charges BECAUSE they had him on the federal case of a felon w/ammo. But if he had not had that then the MIGHT have found a way to make the Breaking and Entering etc. stick. I think they want him on ice for awhile. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
Respectfully, If he hadn't had the ammo, then he wouldn't have had an ammo charge. Thus he wouldn't have had federal case of felon w/ammo.

And the Breaking and Entering charge was thrown out and the Pros did a Direct Indictment. Without the Breaking and Entering charge, NONE of the charges would have stuck... Thats where the Obstruction charges come from.. and the testimony of AB which is in all the docs I have seen. JMHO, as I am not an attorney....

I never understood why he would only hide part of the ammo and the scale in the crawl space and not all of it. Why leave it out for the maids to see or find. When I stay at a hotel room with maids coming in toe clean or give fresh towels I certainly don't leave any of my important or very personal belongings for one to see. That's quite a bit of rounds for someone to just leave laying around.

You probably don't do as much coke and meth as Wes does. :wink:

I think he drinks and does hard drugs when he can. And he also seems to have ADHD and/or similar mental hurdles to deal with. I have known people like him and it is amazing how screwed up their thinking can be. My neighbor's grown son was like that. He would have a revoked license and an open warrant, then he would take his Mom's car w/out asking, and drive it like a mad man, doing illegal u-turns, speeding, while smoking a joint with the windows down. There was no way he could avoid getting pulled over and still he'd shake his head and say ' cant believe i got pulled over, man...'

In my opinion, if he didn't have the ammo, they would have worked harder to make some of those other charges stick. He was a felon with a drug scale, with residue on it, had SM pictures of himself shooting a gun, had broken into a neighbor's home and lied about it, etc etc etc. Oh, and I think they suspect him of being involved in AJ's demise. JMO :cow:

I think he drinks and does hard drugs when he can. And he also seems to have ADHD and/or similar mental hurdles to deal with. I have known people like him and it is amazing how screwed up their thinking can be. My neighbor's grown son was like that. He would have a revoked license and an open warrant, then he would take his Mom's car w/out asking, and drive it like a mad man, doing illegal u-turns, speeding, while smoking a joint with the windows down. There was no way he could avoid getting pulled over and still he'd shake his head and say ' cant believe i got pulled over, man...'

Yeah, hey-Deb, you need to do some mind expanding ... so, get out your crack pipe! :laugh:

Yeah, hey-Deb, you need to do some mind expanding ... so, get out your crack pipe! :laugh:

Theres a distinct possibility that WH was doing crack....at the very least he was doing cocaine.

Which makes his statement about Timothy Moran doing heroin even more bizarre.

Its one thing for someone like you or me, that lives our lives sober, to condemn drug use.

But one drug user condemning another drug user?

That doesnt seem logical............ unless there was a reason behind it.

Theres a well documented link between ADD/ADHD and having extremely poor impulse control/judgement.

I disagree with the poster above who said WH's letter appeared calculated.

Manipulative maybe, but I dont think he is capable of forethought necessary to be calculating.

He acts then expends an enormous amount of effort afterwards trying to clean up his messes.

I think the best word to describe Wesley Hadsell is volatile.

And I think that he is more than capable of killing someone, even someone he claims to care about, in a fit of rage/unchecked emotions.

Theres a well documented link between ADD/ADHD and having extremely poor impulse control/judgement.

Manipulative maybe, but I dont think he is capable of forethought necessary to be calculating.

He acts then expends an enormous amount of effort afterwards trying to clean up his messes.

And I think that he is more than capable of killing someone, even someone he claims to care about, in a fit of rage/unchecked emotions.

BBM - Manipulative is probably much more correct than calculative. Throw drugs into an already complicated neurology/personality - I think I am looking for something to make sense where there is none.

Agreed, zapped. You know how sometimes one finds oneself surprised you by sound exactly like one's parents in reasoning something out? Extemporaneousness is one thing I've noticed he has in common with his family members who have give interviews to MSM. A roll with the punches and keep explaining to fit the circumstances quality seems to stand out?

BBM - Manipulative is probably much more correct than calculative. Throw drugs into an already complicated neurology/personality - I think I am looking for something to make sense where there is none.

Arent we all Gabby :)

I think WH's psyche, or whats left of it, is enough to confuse even the most seasoned profiler at Quantico.

Reading his letters actually gives me a headache because his thought processes are so alien to anything anything Ive ever witnessed before.

How did the letter to his mom even get in the court records? Did she turn then in? Did she ever get it?

How did the letter to his mom even get in the court records? Did she turn then in? Did she ever get it?

I found this on the Virginia Department of Corrections VA gov website. https://vadoc.virginia.gov/offenders/prison-life/mail.shtm

"In accordance with United States Postal Regulations, all incoming inmate general correspondence may be opened, searched and may be read by authorized staff. Effective September 1, 2015, all incoming envelopes containing correspondence of any kind will be photocopied, removed, and discarded by facility mailroom staff prior to the offender receiving their mail. The offender will then be provided with the photocopy of the envelope. To ensure the offender receives the return address, please place the return address on the front of the envelope."

I found this on the Virginia Department of Corrections VA gov website. https://vadoc.virginia.gov/offenders/prison-life/mail.shtm

"In accordance with United States Postal Regulations, all incoming inmate general correspondence may be opened, searched and may be read by authorized staff. Effective September 1, 2015, all incoming envelopes containing correspondence of any kind will be photocopied, removed, and discarded by facility mailroom staff prior to the offender receiving their mail. The offender will then be provided with the photocopy of the envelope. To ensure the offender receives the return address, please place the return address on the front of the envelope."

Except, this was outgoing mail. Although I'm sure the jail has a rule for that too.

Except, this was outgoing mail. Although I'm sure the jail has a rule for that too.

Actually I found this PDF. https://vadoc.virginia.gov/about/procedures/documents/800/803-1.pdf

Section 3 and 4 are interesting and have detailed bulleted info. "3. Outgoing mail should not generally be searched unless there is a reason for suspicion."

It seems I guess there are reasons they can search but I wonder what would have triggered them to open it but reading some of that info. I could see they might have used one of them as an excuse to monitor his letters.

Actually I found this PDF. https://vadoc.virginia.gov/about/procedures/documents/800/803-1.pdf

Section 3 and 4 are interesting and have detailed bulleted info. "3. Outgoing mail should not generally be searched unless there is a reason for suspicion."

It seems I guess there are reasons they can search but I wonder what would have triggered them to open it but reading some of that info. I could see they might have used one of them as an excuse to monitor his letters.

From what I understand, from following other cases here, the administrations do not read everyone's outgoing mail on a regular basis. Especially if they have already been tried and convicted and are just doing their time. But if they are awaiting trial and the DA is actively investigating then their mail is usually going to be read. They often catch suspects asking people to empty garages or storage spaces or ask someone to alibi them etc. JMO

From what I understand, from following other cases here, the administrations do not read everyone's outgoing mail on a regular basis. Especially if they have already been tried and convicted and are just doing their time. But if they are awaiting trial and the DA is actively investigating then their mail is usually going to be read. They often catch suspects asking people to empty garages or storage spaces or ask someone to alibi them etc. JMO

Katydid, please tell me when you read the letter that you do not feel a little like a captive audience on a long bus ride sitting next to Wes?

I haven't read it yet, still considering it.

Based solely on the fact WH is a knucklehead (and I'm being kind), I suppose the authorities have the right to read his outgoing mail if they have reason to believe he's guilty of more than they've yet to charge him with.

That being said, when I read his letter to his mom, I heard a really ticked off man. Someone being accused for something, someone who's lost his family, and facing jail again. I don't want anyone to think I've been conned by WH but honestly I'm trying to keep in mind even those who know WAY more about this case than I do, still haven't charged him with ***anything*** directly related to AJ's disappearance or death. At the outset he seemed like the perfect suspect but the absolute lack of charges tells me there's no PHYSICAL evidence directly tying him to this.

And THAT tells me, someone a heck of a lot smarter than WH is the one who dumped AJ at that house. Why? I just can't see him smart enough to conceal any and all shred of physical or digital evidence of him ever being there, or of him (or his clothes) on her person. Yes, he's got a criminal attitude and criminal thinking but he's not an intelligent one, and always (in the past) got caught for what he did.

I could be wrong of course, but I think it was someone else that dumped that poor girl out there and they desperately want the public & LE to believe it was WH.

This is stamped on the envelope: "The Norfolk City Jail has neither censored nor inspected this item. Therefore, the Norfolk City Jail does not assume responsibility for its contents." That is what made me wonder if momma turned it over to them.

Based solely on the fact WH is a knucklehead (and I'm being kind), I suppose the authorities have the right to read his outgoing mail if they have reason to believe he's guilty of more than they've yet to charge him with.

That being said, when I read his letter to his mom, I heard a really ticked off man. Someone being accused for something, someone who's lost his family, and facing jail again. I don't want anyone to think I've been conned by WH but honestly I'm trying to keep in mind even those who know WAY more about this case than I do, still haven't charged him with ***anything*** directly related to AJ's disappearance or death. At the outset he seemed like the perfect suspect but the absolute lack of charges tells me there's no PHYSICAL evidence directly tying him to this.

And THAT tells me, someone a heck of a lot smarter than WH is the one who dumped AJ at that house. Why? I just can't see him smart enough to conceal any and all shred of physical or digital evidence of him ever being there, or of him (or his clothes) on her person. Yes, he's got a criminal attitude and criminal thinking but he's not an intelligent one, and always (in the past) got caught for what he did.

I could be wrong of course, but I think it was someone else that dumped that poor girl out there and they desperately want the public & LE to believe it was WH.

I haven't read the letter yet, so thank you OM for your impressions. If he isn't involved, what would have been his motivation for covering somebody else's tracks by compromising all the evidence he found? What motivated him to impede the investigation? I agree with you, to the extent that two heads may have been better than one and even necessary for things to be as they appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper