Wesley Hadsell Arrested 21-22 March 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fed prosecutors expected to try & prove Wesley Hadsell is Armed Career Criminal, could face life in prison. Trial date Nov. 25 @WTKR3
Um, wow. Would that have been possible with the state charges, or is that why it was moved to federal?

http://wtkr.com/2015/09/23/wesley-hadsell-pleads-not-guilty-to-federal-weapons-charge/

Norfolk, Va. – Wesley Hadsell pleaded not guilty to a federal weapons charge in court on Wednesday.

Hadsell faces life in prison for having ammunition inside of his Norfolk hotel room. The charge arose from the police investigation into the disappearance and death of his adopted daughter Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell.

[...]

To get the maximum sentence, prosecutors will try and prove Hadsell is an armed career criminal, meaning he’s been convicted of three or more violent felonies.

Hadsell has a long criminal record. It includes a federal bank robbery in 2006, felonious restraint and breaking and entering in 1998 and second degree burglary in 1999.

His trial date is scheduled for November.

Um, wow. Would that have been possible with the state charges, or is that why it was moved to federal?

Well the reason why he may or may not be facing life in prison is because he pleaded innocent. He said he never put the amo in his hotel room, which confuses me because he told alot of people that he did.

Does anyone have link to transcripts of WH Jail interviews. I have seen elsewhere online but cant locate now. The ones that are linked from Luckyseven are no longer valid. I have found the CH interview transcript. I am interested in the Joe Fisher March 21 interview. Thanks in advance.

I have a question. I wish I had more knowledge about court proceedings and law. But, is it possible that the 'other' charges were dropped because of some kind of double jeopardy thing? Like if found not guilty of the 'lesser', they wouldn't be able to use that info it as evidence in building a case for a bigger charge? Why risk losing that in your prosecution or a larger if you have a slam dunk for felon with ammo to use right now? (I am not using the correct legal terms, but hopefully the general idea is still being communicated.)

Does anyone have link to transcripts of WH Jail interviews. I have seen elsewhere online but cant locate now. The ones that are linked from Luckyseven are no longer valid. I have found the CH interview transcript. I am interested in the Joe Fisher March 21 interview. Thanks in advance.

I made a copy sometime ago when it was posted so this may not include any corrections she did after that

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rlzlm0OJRVKexflTwtM5BrIhw1UFKLnc4-HaDdtSyGM/edit?usp=sharing

I have a question. I wish I had more knowledge about court proceedings and law. But, is it possible that the 'other' charges were dropped because of some kind of double jeopardy thing? Like if found not guilty of the 'lesser', they wouldn't be able to use that info it as evidence in building a case for a bigger charge? Why risk losing that in your prosecution or a larger if you have a slam dunk for felon with ammo to use right now? (I am not using the correct legal terms, but hopefully the general idea is still being communicated.)

I believe the reason the state charges were dropped was more a matter of expediency, than anything else. If all the state charges are off the table, that clears the path for the 1 federal charge to move forward without any hassle of multi-jurisdictional obligations the lesser state charges. Not to mention, the 1 federal charge carries more weight (and more jail time, by far) than all the other charges. Even IF it can be proven WH had nothing to do with AJ's disappearance or death, he'll still be facing this weapons ammo charge as a federal ex-con. The only way out of this, is if his defense team can prove he never bought it, or placed it in that motel room. (I don't see that happening, to be honest).

I have transcribed the letter to make it easier to analyze and discuss.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kS7d6Sf_OT8pgIVkJxnVzdUHYLm1aWIfBklYzCTrVYs/edit?usp=sharing

Note that all text inside brackets [] is editorial. Spelling and punctuation is as the original. WH way of writing includes a mix of upper and lower-case print and cursive. I have capitalized words where it is obviously intentional, or where his capitalization broke a standard pattern so is assumed to be intentional. The signature at the end , while appearing to be "Bear" to most, is important to note that in no other place in the sample does he loop the top of his lower-case "a".

Original context: http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news...ederal-grand-jury-ammunition-charge/32514533/

Amazing work Vail!
:bow:
:yourock:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more times I read his letter, the more BS it sounds.

JMO

The more times I read his letter, the more BS it sounds.

JMO

It sounds desperate to me. That can go either way. Desperate because he's innocent, or desperate because he needs someone to believe him.

It sounds desperate to me. That can go either way. Desperate because he's innocent, or desperate because he needs someone to believe him.

Such combined detail and sentiment when, if I'm not mistaken, he'd have had ample opportunities to chat over the phone with mom about these things makes it appear to me less than genuine. Contrived for the occasion of being shared with the public, it seems to me.

Such combined detail and sentiment when, if I'm not mistaken, he'd have had ample opportunities to chat over the phone with mom about these things makes it appear to me less than genuine. Contrived for the occasion of being shared with the public, it seems to me.

Which is entirely possible as well. I just keep reminding myself, he hasn't been charged yet in relation to AJ's disappearance and death. Additionally, he hasn't even been named as a person of interest by LE.

Which is entirely possible as well. I just keep reminding myself, he hasn't been charged yet in relation to AJ's disappearance and death. Additionally, he hasn't even been named as a person of interest by LE.

Straight and true, OM, as you put it. He'll have time to figure things out and not hurt anything in the process, hopefully, while LE figures out how it came to be that AJ never made it back to college?

He seems to have a knack for not being charged for certain crimes, while being charged with alternate federal crimes. I believe the story told by his 'ex-Father-in-law' ----about Wes kidnapping/assaulting/raping his ex wife. After she testified at the Grand jury and told about how he kidnapped her, strangled her, punched her in the face and sexually assaulted her, she refused to testify in the trial because she was afraid of him. I believe that was probably true. Especially after hearing others in this case claim he was a scary bully that was aggressive towards them too.

Since she was afraid to testify against him, the DA decided to go to the feds and charge him with the bank robbery etc. All of the kidnapping/rape charges were dropped. So it looks like the same thing happened this time too. They dropped the burglary, tampering etc, and went with the federal charges instead.

http://www.daily-journal.com/news/l...cle_989e9ed7-7131-552b-8a7d-2d20df47dcfc.html

I ask this with no snark - how much time and energy do you think LE is putting toward this case at this point? They have a bad guy in jail. Not for AJ's death, but they have him. Theoretically, no one else is talking, or if they have, their information did not lead to further charges against anyone. The additional person or persons is keeping very still and quiet, thankful that this is fading away. AJ's friends and family have resumed their lives and are beginning to cope with the loss of their loved one. Granted, I live far away, but I do not see/hear anyone pressuring LE or legal to press charges, name a POI, or keep looking. Perhaps people believe or want others to believe that the right and only offender is in jail, albeit not for AJ's death.

So, I really don't know how cases like this go and I ask with sincerity - how much effort is being put towards a case like this? Is LE just waiting for someone to say something new? Could be a very long wait.

I don't think this case is fading away, I think they are just making sure everything lines up. They dropped those charges against WH because the federal charge is stronger but does that mean that's all they have against him? Maybe, at this point but keeping him there is very important to LE. Is there still more testing to be done? Anything interesting from the Forensic Analyst they brought in? I just keep going back to a time (when obviously something was told to the family, IMO) and all they could or would say is "A monster did this to her". And things went very quiet at that time, Bullhorn gal went away, others, too. Anybody else feel this way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenae