Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting......

"“There is some strong indication to me, from my experience, that a plea to these charges, if in fact there's an adjudication, may be an indication that the murder case may not go to trial.""

http://www.wftv.com/news/22275948/detail.html

I actually gasped at your post cyberborg! I've been hoping for some time but didn't think we'd see it actually happen.

I did some searching and found the following:

Withheld adjudication generally refers to a decision by a judge to put a person on probation without an adjudication of guilt. It means a person is not found guilty legally by the court. If the person successfully completes the terms of probation and has no subsequent offenses, no further action with be taken on the case and the offense for which adjudication was withheld is typically not considered a prior conviction for purposes of habitual offender sentencing. If the person does not complete the terms of probation, a finding of guilty may be entered and the person may be sentenced according to the punishments defined for the offense.

http://definitions.uslegal.com/w/withheld-adjudication/

From where I stand that looks like she's getting off scot-free?
Is she considered guilty or not..

IIRC, an Alford plea means that you're saying "Hey, I didn't do this, but I don't feel like I can win in court, so I'm pleading to end the process" or something to that effect. It's not a guilty plea, but you'll get sentenced like it was one. Kind of like a "Nolo" plea, where you try to have the last word.

Yes we've heard here that if you let someone borrow your car, that includes being able to write checks if the checkbook is left in it.

It was just a 'simple misunderstanding between friends', and all the money was paid back ,so no harm done- right? I'm sure we've all cleaned out friends' bank accounts innocently and not expected them to be offended....:furious:
These people are so disgusting we need a new word for disgusting.

Didn't I tell you all yesterday I smelled a plea deal? ;)

We don't have deferred/withheld adjudication in Arizona, but we treat Florida/Texas deferred adjudications as if they were convictions. (Those are the only states I've personally heard of with this procedure.) BUT I think Florida and Texas maybe DON'T treat their own deferred adjudications as convictions. So I have no idea what the effect would be.

Hopefully RHornsby will let us all know at some point!

I have heard of some states offering "withheld judgement" (ie: Idaho) for some first time crimes and offer the offender opportunities to have it erased from their criminal record if they complete their court ordered responsiblitites and do not get in trouble again for a specified amt of time. Is this similar to"deferred adjudications"?

OMG, you've got it ALLLLLL wrong. :blowkiss:
She stole all that money to pay back "Orlando's Finest" for the duffel bag of cocaine and money she stole from him.... as she was pulling her clothes back on... while screaming and running from the hotel room.... after fighting his agressive advances... after getting "hi" on all his drugs...
She had to protect her family from "Orlando's Finest" and his parter in cime, Krunk! They're the ones who are responsible for EVERYTHING, you know!

Oh, so that's why she bought those white sunglasses so O' Towns Finest would not know who she was. Now I get it.

What is an Alford plea, and how would it affect the conviction being used in future criminal proceedings?

An Alford Plea is talking about the case of North Carolina v. Alford, 400 U.S. 25 (1970).

Basically when a person pleads guilty and continues to profess there innocence. The courts are not obligated to accept a plea. They can decide to not accept it and allow the trial to commence.

In the case of Alford he plead guilty to second degree murder for fear of the Death Penalty. The supreme court held that there is no constitutional barriers prohibiting the judge from accepting Alford's plea.

It's more complicated then that but that's the short and skinny of it if I recall.

frankly I am not surprised at the plea for check fraud nor will I be surprised if she didnt end up copping a plea for the murder trial.

I mean they got the goods, she knows it. this has gone on long enough.

The only way I would ever be happy with her taking a plea for the murder charges would be for her to be strapped up to a lie detector machine and was forced to answer every single question and it had to say that she was telling the truth.

I want to know where?

I want to know why?

I want to know how?

I want to know the truth and I want Cindy and George to face the truth of what their daughter has done so that they can stop with the "mother of the year" crap.

I will wait to see what all this means with the fraud charges on Monday because I really don't understand all of it.

Very interesting......

"“There is some strong indication to me, from my experience, that a plea to these charges, if in fact there's an adjudication, may be an indication that the murder case may not go to trial.""

http://www.wftv.com/news/22275948/detail.html
I do not believe any lawyer in their right mind would ever put Casey on the stand in any set of circumstances. It would be a disaster.....of biblical proportions.

Also in the article thatwas linked above................

Casey Anthony’s death penalty attorney, who is an expert on death penalty cases, admitted on national television that she doubts a jury will clear Casey of her daughter's murder. Anthony's defense attorney went on a morning show again Thursday morning, talking about how the amount of publicity will prevent Casey from getting a fair trial.“I'm scared for my client. I'm afraid that the fact that she's been pilloried in the press.

If AL is so concerned about her client's life, wouldn't it be better for the defense to ask for a plea in the murder case, pleading guilty in exchange for taking the death penalty off the table, and accepting LWOP?

I know that in the beginning the state offered a plea deal, but that plea had a time limit and JB let that time limit expire without seriously addressing it.

I hope they don't offer her a plea deal in the murder trial. I want her to sit thru the trial and hope she suffers everyday !!

God forgive me for my thoughts of Casey Anthony..

I so wish she would plead guilty to the murder, but I do not know if her or Baez's egos could allow it. If they are planning for Casey to eventually plead guilty in the murder trial, this would be the only explanation for the defense not to ever have had their experts examine any evidence and have never deposed even the law enforcement officers. Ever since Dr. Lee went out to lunch and never returned to examine the car, it seemed Baez gave up. I do not believe any lawyer in their right mind would ever put Casey on the stand in any set of circumstances. It would be a disaster.....of biblical proportions.

You have to wonder did Dr. Lee actually go to lunch or did he go try to find a wastepaper basket? The smell must have been awful.

Reading the news about KCs plea makes me wonder if "Miss Thang" is feeling so much pressure she just might cave before the main event next summer. :chicken: :deal:
She better not...:nono:

I so wish she would plead guilty to the murder, but I do not know if her or Baez's egos could allow it. If they are planning for Casey to eventually plead guilty in the murder trial, this would be the only explanation for the defense not to ever have had their experts examine any evidence and have never deposed even the law enforcement officers. Ever since Dr. Lee went out to lunch and never returned to examine the car, it seemed Baez gave up. I do not believe any lawyer in their right mind would ever put Casey on the stand in any set of circumstances. It would be a disaster.....of biblical proportions.

:laugh::laugh: Whenever I see Dr Lee's name from now I shall call him 'the Man who went out to lunch'....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member