WFTV Exclusive: Plea deal next Monday on Check Fraud Charges

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also in the article thatwas linked above................

Casey Anthony’s death penalty attorney, who is an expert on death penalty cases, admitted on national television that she doubts a jury will clear Casey of her daughter's murder. Anthony's defense attorney went on a morning show again Thursday morning, talking about how the amount of publicity will prevent Casey from getting a fair trial.“I'm scared for my client. I'm afraid that the fact that she's been pilloried in the press.

If AL is so concerned about her client's life, wouldn't it be better for the defense to ask for a plea in the murder case, pleading guilty in exchange for taking the death penalty off the table, and accepting LWOP?

I know that in the beginning the state offered a plea deal, but that plea had a time limit and JB let that time limit expire without seriously addressing it.

Thanks Leila..

IF Andrea Lyons is so concerned about Casey getting a fair trial because she has been pilloried in the press....Maybe AL should stop talking about the case on national television :twocents:

Any one thinks Amy will be in court when Casey Marie Anthony will plead guilty to the charge of fraud and stealing and all the other charges?

Will Amy be allowed to speak?

Our house was broken in a couple of years ago.
The guys were caught and plead guilty.
I was there and the judge asked me if I wanted to speak.
I did not.

Will Amy?

Hi Guys.
Please do not carry posts from other boards.

As for the murder trial I think AL would be ecstatic to take a plea for the defense. She would place it in her cap as a "win", and it would allow her more time to promote her book as well as give her time to start her new book about this case.

I however just don't see Casey doing it. This is the girl that walked down the hallway of Universal to take detectives to her "office". That and I think the only plea the state would give her is to take the DP off the table, and offer her life instead. Nope I see Casey wanting to take this one all the way to the end. Figuratively and literally.

I am with you 100%. I'm shocked she is coppin' a plea!

Yes, mom and pop will be on the morning shows straight away with their colorful If You Give A Moose A Muffin ...Anthonyonics. You can count on it. God help us all.

I am relieved for Amy that she will have justice, and she can get on with her life. We all wish ALL GOOD THINGS FOR HER!

ANTHONYONICS!!! What a great word, I love it!

Well, I am certainly not surprised that there will be a plea deal. I am disappointed in that I wanted the Target and the Bank video shown in the courtroom and see the reaction on Casey's face as it was shown!

Casey and her parents reaction in the last motion's hearing is indicative of how they will react at trial, IMO. Casey cannot bear to be accused of anything in open court, and the Anthony's seem to get mad. Check fraud is certainly small potatoes compared to what Casey will eventually face in the murder trial. Neither she nor the Anthony's will like what they HAVE to sit there and listen to.

Casey, the Anthony's, and the defense team think they are just ssssoooo special. Casey is a thief and a murderer - no better than the rest of them. Casey is a , pure and simple and will have to face what she has done.

Baez has petted and coddled Casey and it has done her no favors, IMO. I will feel so much better when it is all over, Caylee has had justice done, and Casey is in prison. !

There! I feel better now!

OMG, you've got it ALLLLLL wrong. :blowkiss:
She stole all that money to pay back "Orlando's Finest" for the duffel bag of cocaine and money she stole from him.... as she was pulling her clothes back on... while screaming and running from the hotel room.... after fighting his agressive advances... after getting "hi" on all his drugs...
She had to protect her family from "Orlando's Finest" and his parter in cime, Krunk! They're the ones who are responsible for EVERYTHING, you know!

And she did ALL OF THIS while they wuz trying to git into her Virginia!

Such a brave, brave girl.

Blaise (10 to 1 someone has already posted the Virginia schtick)

According to Kathi....

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Until now, Casey Anthony has never admitted to a shred of guilt, but Eyewitness News has learned there will be a plea deal in her check fraud case.

http://www.wftv.com/news/22275948/detail.html

Thanks for posting the link to this story.

I wonder why KB said Casey had never admitted it. Casey said early on she had taken the money, that she took it during a time of desperation, etc, IIRC. Will she get time served? What kind of sentence do people usually get for a first time offense of stealing that amount?

Hi Y'all!

I just gotta say that my stomach sank to my knees when I read this. I really, really, REALLY wanted to watch KC squirm in the courtroom. I also wanted to watch CA & GA squirm and then storm out!

My emotions will be "unfinished" if KC cops a plea for the murder trial. I feel like I need closure to all this....not closure by copping a plea, actual closure by a courtroom, a jury of her peers and the jury rendering a verdict of guilty, guilty, GUILTY!

Came back to add this: I also want the Anthony's to hear the jury say GUILTY! If not, they will NEVER accept that their daughter murdered their grandchild. It will be a perpetual "KC was framed", "KC is innocent", blah, blah, blah!

And she did ALL OF THIS while they wuz trying to git into her Virginia!

Such a brave, brave girl.

Blaise (10 to 1 someone has already posted the Virginia schtick)

LMAO!!!! No I think you got it first! Hahahaha!

Didn't Casey even say in her initial written statement something to the effect of she had been stealing and borrowing money from her friends and family to finance her search for Caylee for the past 31 days or am I remembering that wrong?

TIA

I think she did more or less

that she decided she would steal, lie, do whatever she had to to find Caylee...IIRC

I am disappointed if there won't be a trial also, I have to admit. Anyone know what the deal is likely to be?

There are two phases of a criminal trial: (1) the guilt phase -- determining whether or not she is guilty of the crimes charged, and (2) the punishment phase.

"Withhold of Adjudication" in a nutshell is skipping over the first phase of a trial where they determine whether or not she is guilty of a crime and with the consent of the defendant, they go straight to the second phase of punishment.

There are many collateral effects of being convicted of a felony. It does mean that she can truthfully say she was not convicted of those crimes that were the subject of the "withhold of adjudication."

Here's an article from the Florida Bar Journal.
http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0199-7651199/Withhold-of-adjudication-what-everyone.html

Hi Y'all!

I just gotta say that my stomach sank to my knees when I read this. I really, really, REALLY wanted to watch KC squirm in the courtroom. I also wanted to watch CA & GA squirm and then storm out!

My emotions will be "unfinished" if KC cops a plea for the murder trial. I feel like I need closure to all this....not closure by copping a plea, actual closure by a courtroom, a jury of her peers and the jury rendering a verdict of guilty, guilty, GUILTY!

Came back to add this: I also want the Anthony's to hear the jury say GUILTY! If not, they will NEVER accept that their daughter murdered their grandchild. It will be a perpetual "KC was framed", "KC is innocent", blah, blah, blah!
Perfectly understandable. One of the reasons the criminal law system exists is to handle "retribution" in a socially acceptable way. Your need for retribution is an expected part of that process.

However, the criminal justice system is a system that seeks resolution. It does not necessarily seek the truth, justice, and .......................
full satisfaction! (You thought I was going to say "the American way." didn't you?) It is about resolution. It seeks an end to the matter. It may not be the end a particular person would like or the manner of getting to that end that the person wants, but it will be an end to the matter being prosecuted.

Thanks for posting the link to this story.

I wonder why KB said Casey had never admitted it. Casey said early on she had taken the money, that she took it during a time of desperation, etc, IIRC. Will she get time served? What kind of sentence do people usually get for a first time offense of stealing that amount?
Maybe she didn't feel guilty stealing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member