WFTV Exclusive: Plea deal next Monday on Check Fraud Charges

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect what the quibbling is really all about is "deferred" adjudication ... where KC's punishment would not be handed down until a later date ... I mean I don't think the judge can order probation or a lesser sentence that could possibly be expunged when the defendant is in prison on a capital charge, can he? I think the defense is trying to still find a round about way to postpone any sentencing or punishment until after the murder trial ... IMO I don't think the state would go for that ...

Whatever, I'm sure the judge will do the right and fair thing ...

Just my interpretation of what Mr Shaeffer was saying ...

Absolutely Denjet, you are being more precise than I was, thinking only of the two trials in front of me. Thank you for the correction.

I don't think I'm in the mood to be as nice as you re right and fair - I hope JS is truly fed up with all the messing around and throws the book at her.

Let's hope AH takes that opportunity to tell KC exactly how she feels about what KC did to her and the judge considers it in the sentencing. We all remember that "smirk" on her face when she was arrested. Love to see the look on her face if the judge gives her a little more than she expects because of AH's statement.

That's my wish also LambChop - but do you think Amy is really that brave? I hope she is still genuinely ticked off for her friend treating her like she's disposable but I don't know. Amy looked very nervous during her deposition to me.

That's my wish also LambChop - but do you think Amy is really that brave? I hope she is still genuinely ticked off for her friend treating her like she's disposable but I don't know. Amy looked very nervous during her deposition to me.

Can you please lead me to Amy's deposition? I think I remember reading it but I don't recall actually seeing it - thank you!!

Absolutely Denjet, you are being more precise than I was, thinking only of the two trials in front of me. Thank you for the correction.

I don't think I'm in the mood to be as nice as you re right and fair - I hope JS is truly fed up with all the messing around and throws the book at her.

I'm no lawyer, just throwing out what my interpretation is ... LOL
Let's see how Strickland feels about withholding of adjudication or deferred adjudication after all this time that Ms. KC has wasted ... the list of motions alone is mind boggling for a fraud case ... IMO he won't go for it, he's been pretty clear about saying it WILL go to trial before the murder trial so I hold on to that ... it wouldn't make sense to me for him to now say, oh OK, she's pleading guilty but she STILL wants to go into the murder trial with no record ... that's my understanding anyway

PS I'm not in any better mood, believe me ... enough is enough ...

Let's hope AH takes that opportunity to tell KC exactly how she feels about what KC did to her and the judge considers it in the sentencing. We all remember that "smirk" on her face when she was arrested. Love to see the look on her face if the judge gives her a little more than she expects because of AH's statement.

I would hope that Amy doesn't make any statements that would jeopardize her testimony in the murder case.

Can you please lead me to Amy's deposition? I think I remember reading it but I don't recall actually seeing it - thank you!!

This may take me awhile - the pdf is easy to find in the websleuths file, but I want the actual video - Amy was talking about Casey's demeanor, drug use, etc., but she was very nervous and close to crying at several points.

It has been months since the actual check theft and I wonder how long she has been able to really feel the deception of her friend Casey. Or in fact if she's now just resigned and will have difficulty stating what she wants in a courtroom facing her ex-friend. My heart with certainly be with her if that's what she's planning. I wish the State or a lawyer representing Amy could read a written statement instead.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72088"]Interview Reference Guide To Finding All Interviews, Motions, Grand Jury and Trials. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

This may take me awhile - the pdf is easy to find in the websleuths file, but I want the actual video - Amy was talking about Casey's demeanor, drug use, etc., but she was very nervous and close to crying at several points.

It has been months since the actual check theft and I wonder how long she has been able to really feel the deception of her friend Casey. Or in fact if she's now just resigned and will have difficulty stating what she wants in a courtroom facing her ex-friend. My heart with certainly be with her if that's what she's planning. I wish the State or a lawyer representing Amy could read a written statement instead.

I agree! I think it would be good for Amy to let Casey know just how much she screwed her around.

Now I remember seeing Annie's video deposition where she was close to crying at times, but I'm not even sure Amy has been deposed yet? Maybe I totally missed that...

The defense takes everything....preposterous, unrealistic, real or imagined to the judge....he stands firm. I don't expect him to grant any defense wishes on this either. If he were opposed to her being a convicted felon at the murder trial, imo, he would have agreed to hold the fraud trial after. I think the defense is in for yet another slap down. Can I get a witness? LOL

Thank You for the comfort your statement brought me, as well as the comforting picture. My hand's raised in a HaLLEluJAH :Jumpie: I agree that if the judge was leaning towards that before we would have known it.

Dumb questions - What about AH's role if the judge were to say the fraud trial must go on and no plea....does AH then have to be deposed quickly?

Yup!!! From what Sheaffer said on the video, the Defense are arguing the finer points and seem stuck with the Prosecution who are not giving up ground --- they want Guilty with conviction on the record. The Defense want something like No Contest or Guilty but not on the record. By going direct to Judge S the Defense *may* get a better deal and maybe even what they want -- so the conviction is held over and is not presented as KC's criminal record at the Murder trial. IMHO.

That conviction is what gets ya!

I've listened to the lawyers go on about adjudication, delayed adjudication, etc. They seem to believe that it would make it difficult to put Casey on the stand at the murder trial because it would affect her credibility.

Personally, I've always thought that the main reason that the defense doesn't want the felony conviction on her record had more to do with aggravating factors in the DP phase of the murder trial.

I don't think Casey could ever take the stand for one reason only. She is a pathalogical liar. By the time the State is done with their case, the jurors will have heard from the detectives to whom she lied about the "disappearance" of "that little girl". They will have heard from many of her "friends" concerning her lies. Even her parents will be forced to admit that she lied to them about her job, romances, and so much more.

If Casey does have a "compelling" story to tell, she won't be able to get it out on the stand. Who would believe a word that comes out of her lying mouth?

Here is the audio of her police interview, part one if this helps.[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVBdjvK8jYM[/ame]
wow, listening to Amy detail lie after lie after lie that Casey told...she better plead guilty, she would be a fool to have Amy testify against her any sooner than she has to in the murder trial.[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6frWEZftGw[/ame] [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhfukL69ccE[/ame]

Let us not forget that Amy also got close to Caylee and most likely has nothing but distate for Casey and hopefully this will make her strong when speaking at the hearing..:croc::croc:

I believe it was at the December 11th hearing JS told JB that because it was her first offense he would probably give her time served. So the judge basically offered it to KC that day. I think he would prefer KC came before him instead of a jury trial as he is willing to be fair and just wants this out of the way to focus on her murder trial. Since KC has put it in writing that she does not trust LE or SA it was nice of the judge to offer, don't ya think. Don't think the judge has made it to KC's version of the A's "do not invite" list, yet. JMO

BBM.

Maybe I've seen too many movies and not enough real life, but, would the judge have to puzzyfoot around like that and hope they figure out what me meant? I mean, if he meant that, couldn't he come right out and say so?

The defense takes everything....preposterous, unrealistic, real or imagined to the judge....he stands firm. I don't expect him to grant any defense wishes on this either. If he were opposed to her being a convicted felon at the murder trial, imo, he would have agreed to hold the fraud trial after. I think the defense is in for yet another slap down. Can I get a witness? LOL
I certainly hope you are right! MOO

I've listened to the lawyers go on about adjudication, delayed adjudication, etc. They seem to believe that it would make it difficult to put Casey on the stand at the murder trial because it would affect her credibility.

Personally, I've always thought that the main reason that the defense doesn't want the felony conviction on her record had more to do with aggravating factors in the DP phase of the murder trial.

I don't think Casey could ever take the stand for one reason only. She is a pathalogical liar. By the time the State is done with their case, the jurors will have heard from the detectives to whom she lied about the "disappearance" of "that little girl". They will have heard from many of her "friends" concerning her lies. Even her parents will be forced to admit that she lied to them about her job, romances, and so much more.

If Casey does have a "compelling" story to tell, she won't be able to get it out on the stand. Who would believe a word that comes out of her lying mouth?
I don't believe the defense has any intention of her testifying during the murder trial, and agree it would be so that she wouldn't be a convicted felon going into that trial, and it definitely would impact the sentencing. I am very curious how Judge Strickland is going to handle this next Monday... MOO

Another words, she does not involve her self in the actual case.

The whole point of the law that required for there to be a "DP" qualified atty was to ensure that the defendant had a certain level of experience to handle the CASE. And to be in charge of the case.

This is JB's way of getting around the law.

IF witnesses should be interviewed and STILL they have not, then it is no longer JB's error. It is AL's error. Since she is now the HEAD atty on this Case. IF more investigations should be done, and still not done.. again.. AL's error.

AL only wants the end game, to deal with her 'passion.' She isn't trying to get a killer off and get them free. She isn't involving herself in that part of the trial. Just the part of wither another Human is killed by means of death penalty.

Normally, I wouldn't have a problem with that.

But in this case, she has involved herself in the 'trial' part of the case, by 'being' the DP qualified Atty on this case. Which was to make sure that the defendant has a qualified Atty to see that she got a fair trial. That is NOW AL's job to do. Not JB's. It is AL's. She can not claim that KC didn't have decent Atty, cause she WAS the Atty whom on record, handled the case. She can blame JB for the early mistakes, but not if she doesn't make an attempt to correct them.

If she doesn't do her job on record, then the State of Florida should do something about it.

The irony to all of this including your post is...AL in her book PRIDES herself on enjoying the investigative part of her cases. She blabs incessantly about how she found things wrong with cases proceduraly etc. It appears a lot of her clients early on sought her out after the first few DP cases that she tried and won. Mort has been with AL for a LONG time and she talks him up as if he is GOD himself. I'm telling you guys seriously, as painful as it may be check it out at the library, do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member