WFTV - STRICKLAND filed complaint against Baez!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is really huge. Both JB and BC had better start looking for greener pastures.

Something tells me MN knows a whole lot of stuff, too.

I read the WFTV article and am confused now. The following from WFTV.

Sheaffer says no one is legally obligated to call 911 after finding a body and Casey's defense team would be legally obligated not to if it would incriminate her.

"He is prohibited by the rules of ethics from ever divulging that information," Sheaffer said.
http://www.wftv.com/news/19130417/detail.html#-

The article goes on to say that they believe the complaint is something other than instructions to not contact LE if a body was found. Also, now BC has a complaint as well ?

We don't know what was in the statement that Strickland saw. It is true that the defense team would not have an obligation to report finding the remains. I question, however, whether they would have the right, for example, to locate the remains and destroy them if found. Suppose DC's actual marching orders were to retrieve the body and destroy the evidence (NOTE I HAVE NO PROOF THAT THIS IS TRUE)? That is a different matter than just not reporting finding the body. I wonder if BC got reported because he sat during the police interview and heard something about JB that he was required to report, and didn't. It is genuine news that it was the judge who filed the ethics complaints. Faskinatin.'

That Schaeffer guy always overstates things. It would all depend on how Baez learned of the location or possible location of the body whether the information was privileged. If it did NOT come from Casey A in the course of communicating with her attorney then it isn't. Maybe the A's figured it out and they told DC and Baez and engineered this little search. If it's all clearly privileged, then why did BC allow DC to tell it all?

Anyway, knowing a fact and keeping silent is different than going to the scene and mucking around in the evidence with the intention to do who knows what.

I'm sure Strickland had to think long and hard on this one. It must be serious.
I agree, not a trivial matter. For Strickland to take this step it must be bad, bad, bad. How is Baez going to sugar coat this?

This is the part I find interesting.

"Sheaffer believes the judge's complaint involves more than a defense instruction to Dominic Casey not to call 911. He says judges usually handle trivial issues with attorneys by holding contempt of court hearings in their own courtrooms."

We know that Baez would not have to disclose any info about her body being there if he knew so what could the complaint be about?
Did Baez instruct DC what to do with the body if he found it. Perhaps he told him to take it somewhere else? Plant evidence? This would warrant the type of complaint Strickland filed, imo. It couldn't be made public if he did because the defense secret is that he knew where the body was.

I think KC told JB - JB called DC and told him where to go look for the body and told him DO NOT call the police --- call me......I am also wondering if DC went back at some other time and actually did find the body.....and here is where LP's "daisy chain" comes into play......

I think KC told JB - JB called DC and told him where to go look for the body and told him DO NOT call the police --- call me......I am also wondering if DC went back at some other time and actually did find the body.....and here is where LP's "daisy chain" comes into play......
...and he admitted to it? Under oath? I guess we would never have known about this if it hadn't been...who was it that leaked the info about the tape?

Good for Judge Strickland! "Red knight goin' down. Down, down, down."

But DC doesn't look like the kinda guy who would want to have anything to do with picking up and moving a dead body (poor Caylee)...so if not him, then who?

Strickland must feel that whatever DC said it can be backed up with other witness testimony. He wouldn't just go on DC's word, would he? If it's just DC's word against Baez' how would the bar investigate that?

Gosh this case is a mess.
Now more than ever, from today's revelations it's very clear to me that Caylee is now no longer a concern for anyone who shares blood with her. It seems clearer to me now more than ever that her entire family at some point might have known where she was located and did nothing but try to cover for Casey. Good for Strickland! I hope once Casey gets what she deserves they go after the whole lot of Team Casey and those who enable their behavior.

The JUDGE? Holy heavens to high bitsy... :shocked2:
It takes a lot of forethought for a judge to do something like this. I'm not sure most of us here truly know how serious this is.

Bye bye Baez...
But that makes me sad, because I wanted an Idiot for KC's defense. :waitasec: Maybe Geragos can finish up with Brown and head over. :floorlaugh:

I love this on the link: http://www.wftv.com/news/19130417/detail.html#-

""Casey Anthony should think long and hard before she files a motion to recuse Judge Strickland from this case because there are a lot of other judges out there that are less tolerant and patient with her attorney than Judge Strickland has been," Sheaffer said."

I'm sure Strickland had to think long and hard on this one. It must be serious.
Strickland has demonstrated himself to be a clear thinker and an honest advocate for a fair trial. I doubt that he had to think all that long or all that hard...Whatever this is about, I have no doubts that (if true) he's done the right thing to ensure that justice is carried out correctly.

MOO

Could any of this have to do with TES leaving the area so quickly and MN becoming the Orlando office's attorney? All of this went down about the same time. Just thinking.

These actions must have all come out of Casey's deposition, where Conway was representing him. At one point it went "off the record" and whatever Casey said then is what we are seeing the result of today. He must have told the truth as to exactly why he was searching in that area, who told him to go there, how they found out that information, etc. They are all involved. KC, JB, the rest of the A's, BC and DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member