• No, I still believe Lee is/was on Casey's side

Votes: 378 54.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 107 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've avoided this topic because it can get squirrely, but I'm going to weigh in on the speculation about Lee possibly having Aspberger's. In my opinion, Lee exhibits a lack of social skills which may involve some difficulty in reading other people's facial expressions, vocal inflections, and general social cues. While those characteristics are often present in people with Aspberger's, I don't think we have enough related information to really make an educated guess here. If we knew he had some sensory issues or something, then maybe. As I see it now, he essentially doesn't have appropriate, effective, and typical social skills and communication skills. But I attribute that more to a lack of appropriate modeling in those areas; George and Cindy certainly don't display typical social and communication skills, and neither does Casey. That is another reason why I think this a learned behavior issue, not a fundamental brain wiring issue. All my opinion, based on legitimate education on the topic. I'm not an expert, though.

My first thought was "Not those dam* squirrels again???!!"...

But your thoughts certainly make a lot of logical sense to me!

I listen to the "distinct speaking patterns" of EVERYONE in this entire family. Circular certainly describes it......but I kind of consider it like a highway.....you can keep on driving and driving (talking)...you can get off at exits (when you think you are done or someone directs you that way)....but you can head right back up the on ramp (start talking some more) and continue if the other person isn't satisfied with this exit (answer)......this continues until you either "reach the final destination" OR the other person hears what they want to hear and ends the discussion.

I think LA and KC grew up just talking until someone approved of what they were saying because it sounded the best.

Our wonderful LaurieJ brought this mother load to my attention:

Woooaaaah. I honestly had never seen that before, but we have all thought the same thing...I wouldn't let my dog go missing for thirty days. This lady just took that sentiment to kinkos with a hundred bucks and made it into a sign. People have been very passionate about what happened to our dear sweet little Caylee!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK0HkKqF8wI[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DkR1xNAA3Q[/ame]

Thanks Laurie!

OT- but.....One little irritant, to me. Why was she asking for TL's phone number, knowing she had called him/texted him a zillion times before?
I had a hard time with this as well...but was informed by posters here that many people just enter numbers into their cell phone directory and never need to actually "dial" the whole number themselves. I still find it hard to believe that the future Mrs. TL hadn't committed the number to memory.

I listen to the "distinct speaking patterns" of EVERYONE in this entire family. Circular certainly describes it......but I kind of consider it like a highway.....you can keep on driving and driving (talking)...you can get off at exits (when you think you are done or someone directs you that way)....but you can head right back up the on ramp (start talking some more) and continue if the other person isn't satisfied with this exit (answer)......this continues until you either "reach the final destination" OR the other person hears what they want to hear and ends the discussion.

I think LA and KC grew up just talking until someone approved of what they were saying because it sounded the best.

I do not think Lee has any condition other than Anthonyonics. I do know that it is very common for one to speak like the others in their family. My siblings and I grew up in Michigan and have lived in Texas for twenty years. Even so...when someone meets one of my brothers or my sister, especially her, they always tell me...they talk just like me. I went to school with black kids, white kids, hispanic kids from kindergarten to high school, same teachers...same classes. Nevertheless how the families spoke in the homes was what each of us copied. All of us had our own slang, for lack of a better word, and mannerisms. When I came to Texas, I was so used to slapping someone five when we were in agreement. I held out my empty hand a couple of times after telling what I thought was a funny joke....my new southern friends just looked at me. "Are you gonna just leave me hanging?", I asked them.
It took me a long time to break all my little habits that had been the norm growing up. I even had to work on my diction and make an effort to speak slower, everyone complained that I talk way too fast and they could not make out what I was saying. Meanwhile...I was soooo frustrated with the slow, chat you up before the waitress takes the order.... how ya'll doing today... small talk. In my mind I was thinking , chop, chop people..I want a lemonade...sometime today would be nice. To me it seemed everyone was talking in slow motion, let alone they didn't know what pop meant! LOL!!!
What I am getting at is you take on what you hear around the house.
It seems like this phenomenon is more pronounced in the Anthony family. Since we see Cindy, Lee and Casey do the same things I have to assume it is just that the kids learned what they lived.
I could be wrong, I am not a doctor,or a linguist...... but, if Genny can send Dom to those woods with a spot marked with an x from a vision.... I am the Pope.

I had a hard time with this as well...but was informed by posters here that many people just enter numbers into their cell phone directory and never need to actually "dial" the whole number themselves. I still find it hard to believe that the future Mrs. TL hadn't committed the number to memory.

Hmmm- maybe, but when she saw his number pop up on her phone I bet she always recognized it and answered. She screened her calls, avoiding those from CA so you know she had to look at numbers....

There was an article in today's Sentinel about Mitnick, an attorney with Morgan and Morgan. While the article very briefly touched on the civil suit, there was a picture that accompanied the article. the caption said that the picture was of Morgan and Mitnick during the deposition of Lee Anthony on Friday!!! Anyone hear anything about this?

ETA: I know Lee was deposed once already by Morgan & Morgan, and I have been informed that deposition took place on a Friday. There is a possibility that the photo in the print section was from that deposition and the paper just made a mistake (GASP!) and reprinted both the picture and the caption from that depo. I posted here because I was really surprised that a new deposition might have been taken without M&M making a huge production out of it. So it is live or is it memorex? Ok, I know I dated myself with that tag line from a commercial :) Thoughts, anyone?

Quoting my own post, because of the additional info.

Quoting my own post, because of the additional info.

Don't worry my friend, I once posted the old Carly Simon song "Anticipation" when we were all anxious about a document dump.

I have been shocked by all of the glaring mistakes the media reports in this case. I always check three different sources before I believe something I read, which by the way is what they are supposed to do before they report.

I bet Lee would be mortified that pop is offering him up as someone Mr. Cummings can call on. P.S. Mr. Cummings wound up offended by the Anthonys, and asked pop to get out of there. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehr75UQraR4[/ame]

I've never watched that whole video with Lee and the sign! I love the guy who brings her sign back! And Lee dumps the dogs water out! What did that dog ever do to him? That must have been during a search b/c the guy said 2500 people are searching for your niece and you are all sitting inside.

It is true that I couldn't give you the phone number of anyone's cell phone. They're programmed into the phone and when they call their name pops up, not their number. I could tell you my family's house phone number (if they had them since at least 5 years ago) and my best friend's number from 20 years ago but otherwise I couldn't.

I've never watched that whole video with Lee and the sign! I love the guy who brings her sign back! And Lee dumps the dogs water out! What did that dog ever do to him? That must have been during a search b/c the guy said 2500 people are searching for your niece and you are all sitting inside.

And then STEALS HIS BOWL!!!

I guess the question that remains for me...where did the phone go? Did Casey ever turn over "a" phone? Did Lee retrieve it the night of the 15th/16th? It's been so long, I can't remember! LOL

ETA: Well, she must have had a phone because she texted TL about Caylee and he wanted to know why she was texting and not calling. Did she come home with it from his apt.?

Did we ever determine that the woman in question was really Mallory's mother?

I recall a few others were stating her identity as someone else?

If we're thinking of the same woman, no it is not Mallory's mother. The woman who has been sitting with C&G at the court hearings is the woman who played piano at Caylee's memorial. Not sure I can name her, but if you look at the program for the memorial, she is listed first as DC. http://www.wftv.com/news/18681087/detail.html

I believe it is her daughter and husband who also sang at the memorial.

Look at the 1:18 mark of the memorial video for a good look at her:
http://www.wftv.com/news/18681087/detail.html

I do not think Lee has any condition other than Anthonyonics. I do know that it is very common for one to speak like the others in their family. My siblings and I grew up in Michigan and have lived in Texas for twenty years. Even so...when someone meets one of my brothers or my sister, especially her, they always tell me...they talk just like me. I went to school with black kids, white kids, hispanic kids from kindergarten to high school, same teachers...same classes. Nevertheless how the families spoke in the homes was what each of us copied. All of us had our own slang, for lack of a better word, and mannerisms. When I came to Texas, I was so used to slapping someone five when we were in agreement. I held out my empty hand a couple of times after telling what I thought was a funny joke....my new southern friends just looked at me. "Are you gonna just leave me hanging?", I asked them.
It took me a long time to break all my little habits that had been the norm growing up. I even had to work on my diction and make an effort to speak slower, everyone complained that I talk way too fast and they could not make out what I was saying. Meanwhile...I was soooo frustrated with the slow, chat you up before the waitress takes the order.... how ya'll doing today... small talk. In my mind I was thinking , chop, chop people..I want a lemonade...sometime today would be nice. To me it seemed everyone was talking in slow motion, let alone they didn't know what pop meant! LOL!!!
What I am getting at is you take on what you hear around the house.
It seems like this phenomenon is more pronounced in the Anthony family. Since we see Cindy, Lee and Casey do the same things I have to assume it is just that the kids learned what they lived.
I could be wrong, I am not a doctor,or a linguist...... but, if Genny can send Dom to those woods with a spot marked with an x from a vision.... I am the Pope.

BEST POST E-V-E-R ! ! !

(I may be a "newbie" but I've been lurking since July 08. TWA ... and y'all ...
ROCK !)

misy.

HI Guys this thread is long and lots of different topics going on.
Please feel free to start another thread, but pick a specific topic about Lee as opposed to general discussion. Bump old threads if necessary.
thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members