What does LE know that we don't?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That they have no evidence that Terri had anything to do with Kyron's disappearance, and in fact, have at least one witness that saw her leave the school alone, without Kyron.

Also that her phone, credit card, ATM, computer, etc records show that she couldn't have had anything directly to do with Kyron's disappearance.

ITA. I don't think they have anything to charge Terri with.

I'm suprised how many people seem to believe that LE has alot of information and is "holding it close to the vest" and "carefully controlling what we hear in order to put pressure on TH." I haven't really seen any indication of that. I hope I'm wrong but I think we know most of what they know, which doesn't amount to much beyond TH's sleazy extracurricular activities. And if this is what tight control over information looks like -with KH and DY giving frequent press conferences telling us what they've been "briefed" on - I'd hate to see a leaky investigation. I also don't see how any of the revelations about TH have been "orchestrated" to pressure her into coughing up a confession. All it's done has been to turn her into a lawyered-up woman who's lost everything that could have been used as leverage to get her to talk and now has only her freedom left to lose.

A little boy has been missing for over a month and a half; If they had any significant leads, I'd like to believe they wouldn't be keeping them secret in order to build a case, they would be following them up in every possible way - including public appeals - trying to recover that little boy. We haven't seen any of that, just more of the failed marriage sideshow.

I agree, and am not at all convinced that LE knows anything more than they did on 6/4 and perhaps less, because they initially seemed to think he walked away, spent days searching in woods and fields and then just...stopped. And that has basically been it. All of these thousands of tips they are talking about have not led to any searches that we know of, or any swat teams surrounding a cabin in the woods, etc. I'd love to know what they are counting as credible tips.

After finding out the they want money to continue the investigation into Kyron's disappearance for at least another 4 months and to pay for one person's salary for a year I am convinced that they have nothing, bupkis. I am embarrassed to be a resident of this county. They have ruined a person's life with nothing to show for it, ie an arrest or at least an announcement of a POI?

I'm not sure how this boy figures in to all of this, but I'm certain he does in some way.

Something else started bugging me about that today. If TH was venting to anyone who would listen, including LE, family and friends about having failed the first LDT, why would she go off on her son when he told his Dad about it over the phone?

I mean if she didn't care that LE, friends and family, including her own minor child, knew, why the heck would she care that her ex-husband knew?

They have ruined a person's life with nothing to show for it, ie an arrest or at least an announcement of a POI?

That's pretty much what Scott Peterson's family was saying when LE had targeted him and hadn't yet arrested him.

I disagree with the "we know what they know" premise. We know that KH and DY have strong feelings about certain things based on "briefings." What we don't know is what was said in those briefings.

And I'm willing to bet that the initial response to that request for further funding is going to be "show some forward movement."

IMO, You have to trust LE. If you can't, who can you trust?

I will say this though, I hope that they are using the information they have to find Kyron, not to build a case (which would be a misguided focus indeed).

I agree, and am not at all convinced that LE knows anything more than they did on 6/4 and perhaps less, because they initially seemed to think he walked away, spent days searching in woods and fields and then just...stopped. And that has basically been it. All of these thousands of tips they are talking about have not led to any searches that we know of, or any swat teams surrounding a cabin in the woods, etc. I'd love to know what they are counting as credible tips.

I have read that when a woman takes a child, the child is found within a 2 mile area. Perhaps that is why the searches were concentrated in that area, except of course for Sauvie.

I think that the part that LE knows that we don't, is that they screwed up. DY stated that from the first phone call she immediately "knew" that Terri was involved.

My feeling is that once she told LE that and TH failed the LD they immediately dropped all other leads and focused on TH.

I think they are suggesting that she has an accomplice because right now they are at a dead end with nothing to corroborate that she was actually involved. So they are suggesting that he was "handed off." However this seems impossible to me.

SBM

And if from the get go, they had DY screaming that TH is a lier, etc. What might that have done to TH? You have someone who is upset that the little boy she loved and cared for is missing and then being accused. This could have greatly colored how LE treated TH, especially if TY is echoing DY's comments.

Nothing alleged against TH has either been proven or proved enough to even charge her. All simply allegations of the non custodial mother and father, and this stuff about the hit man, not enough there to charge either.

I think what LE knows right now is they got played and they are trying to figure a way out. If anyone has grounds to sue, it wouldn't be DY or KH - it would be TH. In My Opinion Only.

I have read that when a woman takes a child, the child is found within a 2 mile area. Perhaps that is why the searches were concentrated in that area, except of course for Sauvie.

And they didn't find him, so what does that mean??

I don't blame LE for not having anyone behind bars at this point in time. What can one do when there are apparently no witnesses and a child has disappeared without a trace.
Even if they had dogs tracking, and found Kyron's scent on the truck that Terri drove Kyron to school on that morning. Regarding that darn unconspicuous truck - if there was no evidence on/in that truck indicating that Kyron was killed in that vehicle, where does that leave LE. No clues. Terri was a CSI fan, well educated in DNA, etc. so why would she risk leaving any clues behind. I believe that LE is positive that Terri planned and carried out this abduction. I believe that LE doesn't expect to find a live Kyron. Considering the terrain, and so much of it water, this may have been an ideal place to dispose of "evidence". I don't think LE has any evidence that could convict Terri of any crime - yet.

Cases like this are like icebergs - you only see a small part of what LE has on the people involved. The public is never going to be told every single thing the police know, and some surprises won't come out until the case is solved or goes to trial (look at how much we are still getting every day in the Caylee Anthony Case!).

Regarding that darn unconspicuous truck - if there was no evidence on/in that truck indicating that Kyron was killed in that vehicle, where does that leave LE. No clues. Terri was a CSI fan, well educated in DNA, etc. so why would she risk leaving any clues behind. I believe that LE is positive that Terri planned and carried out this abduction. I believe that LE doesn't expect to find a live Kyron. Considering the terrain, and so much of it water, this may have been an ideal place to dispose of "evidence". I don't think LE has any evidence that could convict Terri of any crime - yet.
- RRSBM

The weird thing to me is that IF TH did this and premeditated it, considering she was a csi fan and a relatively intelligent woman - why did she not have a better alibi for the time directly after she "left Kyron at school"? Surely she had to know that LE would ask her everything she did between the last time Kyron was seen at school and the moment they found he was missing. You'd think if anyone were planning to commit a crime, their alibi would be one of the first items of logistics. Do whatever nefarious deed and then immediately put yourself in a position to be "seen" away from the scene calmly grocery shopping or something.

I'm suprised how many people seem to believe that LE has alot of information and is "holding it close to the vest" and "carefully controlling what we hear in order to put pressure on TH." I haven't really seen any indication of that. I hope I'm wrong but I think we know most of what they know, which doesn't amount to much beyond TH's sleazy extracurricular activities. And if this is what tight control over information looks like -with KH and DY giving frequent press conferences telling us what they've been "briefed" on - I'd hate to see a leaky investigation. I also don't see how any of the revelations about TH have been "orchestrated" to pressure her into coughing up a confession. All it's done has been to turn her into a lawyered-up woman who's lost everything that could have been used as leverage to get her to talk and now has only her freedom left to lose.

A little boy has been missing for over a month and a half; If they had any significant leads, I'd like to believe they wouldn't be keeping them secret in order to build a case, they would be following them up in every possible way - including public appeals - trying to recover that little boy. We haven't seen any of that, just more of the failed marriage sideshow.

One of LE's earlier comments on this

But detectives still need help from the public, Gates said -- not only in continuing to keep an eye out for anything related to Kyron's disappearance, but also in understanding why officials haven't released many details about the investigation.

"If we released everything that we knew, we'd get all kinds of people that call in with all kinds of theories. What we want is when we get tips to get fresh information. If we get a call with details that haven't gone out, we know that person is a credible witness," Gates said. "That's integral to the case and that's going to help us solve it. When we release tidbits of information to the public, it's definitely in order to help us solve this case.

"Until we solve this case, the public does not have a right to know the details. Once we solve the case, they have every right to."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/investigators_in_kyron_horman.html

I don't think that KH or DY lied to LE about Baby K being with TH that morning at the school. I have long thought that KH believed that TH was taking the baby with her, but instead TH left the baby with someone while she took care of business. Perhaps MC?

The police would have long known about that though.

I don't think Kaine would have come out and said K was with her that day if LE had told him they had found out K was elsewhere.

IMO

I sure hope they haven't wasted valuable time. You are right, at first they seem to have thought Kyron walked out on his own and was in the surrounding woods lost somewhere..........then it all changed to focusing on Terri.

I have seen detectives that were newly assigned to a cold case and the darn tip was in the files the entire time but the police back when the case was current never checked it out or dismissed it because it didn't go along with who they suspected.

I sure hope this does not happen in this case for Kyron's sake.

IMO

Could it be that K was with J either at home or in the truck waiting at the science fair? LE must know by now exactly where J was and when.

Could it be that K was with J either at home or in the truck waiting at the science fair? LE must know by now exactly where J was and when.

Kaine stated very definitively that baby K was with Terri at the school.

IIRC, there's a news article that states J was on a camping trip on Friday, and another that states he was at Kaine and Terri's on Saturday. I'd thought, based on them, that J didn't arrive at Kaine and Terri's until Friday night or Saturday morning.

(If anyone wants the links to the articles, please just holler, and I'm happy to pull them. I'm lazy at the moment - having my second cup of coffee. :) )

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubbajax
Back