What does LE know that we don't?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wait, he said that the baby was with Terri at the school? But not necessarily afterwards?

Wait, he said that the baby was with Terri at the school? But not necessarily afterwards?

I don't recall him saying anything about the baby's whereabouts after they were at school until he got home approx 2pm. So I guess baby K is unaccounted for per info currently available from approx 8:45 until 2?

Re: bank transactions. Hopefully, LE knows whether or not there were any large withdrawals from savings accounts or deposits to same. Any significant bank activity might suggest that TMH "sold" Kyron or paid someone to take the boy away. jmo

One of LE's earlier comments on this

But detectives still need help from the public, Gates said -- not only in continuing to keep an eye out for anything related to Kyron's disappearance, but also in understanding why officials haven't released many details about the investigation.

"If we released everything that we knew, we'd get all kinds of people that call in with all kinds of theories. What we want is when we get tips to get fresh information. If we get a call with details that haven't gone out, we know that person is a credible witness," Gates said. "That's integral to the case and that's going to help us solve it. When we release tidbits of information to the public, it's definitely in order to help us solve this case.

"Until we solve this case, the public does not have a right to know the details. Once we solve the case, they have every right to."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/investigators_in_kyron_horman.html

I totally agree that the public has no right to know the details and I have no doubt that there are details the police know that we do not. Typically, though, LE will be seen taking some action (by focusing their search on specific areas or types of vehicles, questioning certain individuals, or interviewing potential witnesses with specific lines of inquiry) that indicate they have some information pointing them in particular direction. Often, as Gates said, they will realease tidbits of information relating to their line of inquiry in the hopes of generating additional relevant leads. My point is that, 6 weeks into this thing, LE hasn't released any tidbits of information and we haven't seen any reports that would indicate they are focusing the investigation in any particulary direction. We've heard alot of details about what they found on TH but none of that necessarily relates to Kyron's disappearance. It's just hard to believe that those details are flowing out aplenty and yet they have a separate trove of relevant information that they've managed to seal up so tightly that there are no reports of them even following up on such information in any way.

I understand - to a point - why LE does not like to name suspects or POI's, however after a while, when it's dragging or whatever, I think they should go ahead and name them. You never know what that might shake loose.

Hopefully LE knows the clothes Terri was wearing that day and tested each article/accessory for blood spatters, dirt, rips, or anything else that may have transferred while killing and getting rid of Kyron's body. This info can help rule her in/out. moo

I think that LE probably has formed an opinion as to what happened that day (be it right or wrong). And they are now working to confirm that, plus (hopefully) follow up on other leads or known criminals that do not concur with their working theory.

But I think they are exagerating the number of credible/viable tips and leads (whatever word they used) to pump up/justify funding. It is hard to believe that nearly 3000 good tips have been received. What do they consider a good tip or lead and if they know they are good tips or leads, how do they know if they are still needing to go through them? I am confused by everything we hear or learn about this case and how it is being handled. If a person calls and does not indicate that Kyron was taken by Martians, does that go into the "good tip" jar?

I think that LE probably has formed an opinion as to what happened that day (be it right or wrong). And they are now working to confirm that, plus (hopefully) follow up on other leads or known criminals that do not concur with their working theory.

But I think they are exagerating the number of credible/viable tips and leads (whatever word they used) to pump up/justify funding. It is hard to believe that nearly 3000 good tips have been received. What do they consider a good tip or lead and if they know they are good tips or leads, how do they know if they are still needing to go through them? I am confused by everything we hear or learn about this case and how it is being handled. If a person calls and does not indicate that Kyron was taken by Martians, does that go into the "good tip" jar?

"We have detectives going through each and every tip that goes in," Gates said. "Quite frankly, some of those tips are worthless," but it's a process of what are viable to follow up on and what aren't.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/investigators_in_kyron_horman.html

In this statement he said some of the tips were worthless, so not all are good tips. I doubt he is embellishing to justify extra funds.

It's obvious where their focus is; I just hope they aren't dismissing (potentially) relevant information because it doesn't support their theory of who was involved in Kyron's disappearance.

"We have detectives going through each and every tip that goes in," Gates said. "Quite frankly, some of those tips are worthless," but it's a process of what are viable to follow up on and what aren't.

In this statement he said some of the tips were worthless, so not all are good tips. I doubt he is embellishing to justify extra funds.

But he also said something about 2800 or so good tips...that is what I can't figure out. What would be considered a good tip in a case like this other than someone seeing someone leaving with Kyron, for example? Or someone seeing Terri purchase a shovel? I am more curious than anything else, what would be ruled a good tip in this case.

LE knows they need another 1/2 million dollars to keep working on Kyron's case for another year.

oops. Now we know that too.

But LE knows the details - details enough to budget funds, time, personnel and other resources for what they need to work on (hopefully) and how long they think it will take.

One of LE's earlier comments on this

But detectives still need help from the public, Gates said -- not only in continuing to keep an eye out for anything related to Kyron's disappearance, but also in understanding why officials haven't released many details about the investigation.

"If we released everything that we knew, we'd get all kinds of people that call in with all kinds of theories. What we want is when we get tips to get fresh information. If we get a call with details that haven't gone out, we know that person is a credible witness," Gates said. "That's integral to the case and that's going to help us solve it. When we release tidbits of information to the public, it's definitely in order to help us solve this case.

"Until we solve this case, the public does not have a right to know the details. Once we solve the case, they have every right to."

bbm

And IMO, that baby K was with Terri that morning is one of those details.

I think we're going to see less and less of Kaine talking about what he's being 'briefed' on.

Let's stay on topic here. post at random spot....... This is a good question. Lets not get lost on theory.

1. They know whether money ever exchanged hands with the LS. They know how many times they called or texted one another and when the last contact was.

2. They know what Terri spent money on. They know if large sums of cash were withdrawn. They know if a motel room was ever rented by credit card. They know what banks or ATM;s were accessed by Terri.

3. They know what happened during the sting. We don't know. Only that she called 911. What was she saying? What was she doing? What was her demeanor?

4. They know an approximate timeline.

5. They know everything about all of the parents. No one is exempt from that.

6. They know what was in Kaine's home on the day Kyron went missing.

7. They know where Terri was on the Day Kyron went missing based on pings, bank records and any witness testimony. And they might even know if at any point she was with anyone. What she purchased or spent money on like gasoline for the truck etc.

8. They know if there is anyone else out there like MC and LS. Were there others? Was there any other similar activity or was there any money transferred.

9. They know what Terri said or wrote on Craigs list. Subpeonas are a wonderful tool to obtain such records.

10. They know what was on Terri's facebook, private messages, instant messaging, emails. Her computer has been forensicly examined. Cameras also.

11. They know who the parents frequently spend time with. They know about their bills and their financial status.

12. They know Kyron's medical history and his doctor's appt.

13. They know what the school knows about Kyron that morning.

14. They know where each parent was and are trying to nail down where Terri was.

15. They know what questions she failed on the polys.. They know what her testimony has been under questioning.

16. They know if anything was found in or on the truck.

17. They know if the pictures taken of the project were that morning or taken earlier.

18. They know everything that the parents could possibly tell them about Kyron.

19. They know by phone and internet who every call was from or to.

OK I'm getting tired someone take over.

Grandmaj................you've got a great list of things LE knows that we don't, and I hope they have many leads to pursue, that will lead to Kyron's return.

I worry though about the time gone by since Kyron's disappearance.

In some ways this case loosely resembles the Haleigh Cummings case. In that case, LE knows a lot but has been unable to nail down the one piece of information or evidence that will lead to what happened to Haleigh. And, like the Cummings case, LE seems to be focused on Kyron's immediate family rather than a stranger. And also like the Cummings case, the focus is on the stepmother (although technically Misty didn't become Haleigh's stepmother until after she disappeared), with LE believing that the stepmother holds the key.

I hope that this case doesn't follow the same path as the Cummings case and we're not here a year and a half from now with no further information than we have now.

This case makes me think of the Clay County Sheriffs office & the Somer Thompson case. They remained so tight lipped which only caused the rumors to take off like a wildfire. Fingers began to point towards the mother because she didn't cry enough during interviews, her facebook pages before they went private, her lifestyle, etc... that my friends, is the reason cheewawa007 remains perched on the fence, with a cheek on each side... until the man with the badge tells us something out of his own mouth, I will remain neutral.

after the pc from yesterday. it doesn't seem like they know anything that we don't.

they were asking people not even affiliated with skyline school for information from 10 weeks ago.

after the pc from yesterday. it doesn't seem like they know anything that we don't.

they were asking people not even affiliated with skyline school for information from 10 weeks ago.

Nah...in Captain Gates own words...they have a mountain of evidence. I'd guess the public has about 50% (if that) at this point. They are just asking for more witnesses to corroborate what they already have.

BBM That is a good question. It does seem very odd to me that MC inserted himself in the situation since he had not seen Kaine since high school; and, he then ended up having inappropriate messages (and who knows what else) w/ Terri so quickly? Yep, definitely hinky!:waitasec:

Does anyone seem to think that MC was inserted BY the LE and that he was a mole? I can't help but shake that thought.

Seems odd that all of sudden he was there? Then the texts exploded. And everything went away very quickly. Has he testified for the GJ? If not, why not? He could very well have information from Terri. He came on the scene only AFTER Kaine and the LE officer moved out. Is it possible that LE sent him in to gain some inside information?

Another thing with MC...it said he had shared the RO info with at least 2 other people. Did we ever find out who those were? Don't you think they would want to know?

I just find it really odd that he seems suddenly out of the picture.

Does anyone seem to think that MC was inserted BY the LE and that he was a mole? I can't help but shake that thought.

Seems odd that all of sudden he was there? Then the texts exploded. And everything went away very quickly. Has he testified for the GJ? If not, why not? He could very well have information from Terri. He came on the scene only AFTER Kaine and the LE officer moved out. Is it possible that LE sent him in to gain some inside information?

Another thing with MC...it said he had shared the RO info with at least 2 other people. Did we ever find out who those were? Don't you think they would want to know?

I just find it really odd that he seems suddenly out of the picture.

A mole she sent sexts to??? I do find the question about the sharing of RO with two other people interesting though. I'd forgotten about that. Yes, you'd think he'd be called in for that testimony. Hmmmm?

I wonder if that is why they believe there is an accomplice? DY just seemed so sure that Kyron is still alive.

I think DY says that and possibly believes it wholeheartedly because the alternative is too horrible for her to bear. As a mother she has to think her chld is still alive. There's no evidence hes dead and no evidence hes alive. So she chooses to believe he is alive. But, that doesn' make it so. I think the chance someone is "holding" him are slim, it would be someone who will be facing some serious kidnapping charges if caught. A big, big risk, and for what?. Kyron is no dummy, he's old enough to testify about the facts of his captor and being held, so holding him would be a dangerous undertaking. And, anyone nutty enough to participate in holding a missing child in secret from the public would be a little whacky anyway, I would think, and there's no guarantee he would not harm/ kill Kyron. My opinions only.

abbie

I can't decide how I think that Terri was involved. If she actually hurt him herself or if she handed him off. I wonder, though, if LE has found some sort of communication between Terri and someone that she handed him off to? Instant messages, texts, emails, etc. She had to communicate somehow, and the timing of all the info coming out fits into how long it would take LE to get records back from their ISP, cell providers, and whoever else via subpoena or other request. Bottom line though, they had to communicate somehow, if in fact there was another person. Has LE found those communications, if in fact they exist? :waitasec:

Aside from that, I'm thinking that LE has a lot, a lot more than we know. From the info that we are hearing through Kaine and Desiree, LE is briefing them and they sound pretty confident. A quote from the Sheriff comes to mind (paraphrasing here)-that the public doesn't have any right to know about information from an ongoing investigation. Once they finish that investigation, then the public is free to access that information, but not until then. We have to keep the faith in LE and not assume that just because we don't know certain things, they don't exist. LE has been moving confidently forward with their investigation. I wouldn't mistake them focusing only on Terri as them having "tunnel vision". Rather, I take that as them putting together the pieces they have in the course of their investigation. It just so happens that the pieces all point to Terri and her involvement. JMO.

I would love to see those phone records. Did TH call DeDe just before DeDe went missing from work, increasing the likelihood TH picked her up? Was this premeditated, the disposeable cell phones and all, was this one big "operation" for them to carry out- to get rid of Kyron- WHY? All I can think of is revenge to Kaine for making her teenage son move out, but that seems pretty drastic. Maybe TH wasn't working with a full deck. Maybe DeDe was one of her minions, admired her looked up to her, wanted to emulate her. Maybe the two of them had a thing together, that can't be discounted. That's could be why Kaine didn't know DeDe very well or at all, you don;t introduce your lesbian lover to your spouse generally, do you? JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubbajax
Back