What evidence does the prosecution have?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Prosecutors are required to release that information to the defense and the public."

"WFTV learned that Zimmerman's lawyer, Mark O'Mara, wants Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester Jr. to keep some of the key evidence, especially witness statements, out of the public eye by writing a motion to keep it sealed."

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/george-zimmermans-lawyer-wants-evidence-sealed-tra/nN5Qg/
Half the witnesses have been on TV and nobody has reported a death threat other then George. Even his wife said she had not had any. Will it be sunshine in Florida or another cloudy rainy day for the innocent. imo

I think SPD did not have the ME's report. Gilbreath said they have it. So SA does have evidence SPD didn't. Considering SPD was willing to let GZ go, I'd say SA has a lot more evidence. jmo

I for one do not believe that SPD turned over the investigation to the SA before the ME report was complete. jmo

I think SPD did not have the ME's report. Gilbreath said they have it. So SA does have evidence SPD didn't. Considering SPD was willing to let GZ go, I'd say SA has a lot more evidence. jmo

I don't believe the first set of detectives would have needed a report. I believe the ME conducting the autopsy, whether the detectives are present or not (not sure they do as shown on CSI), the ME could have given the details of what he felt the remains showed evidence of..KWIM?

The report is complied after, but the ME while viewing the remains would give the detective whatever details are found..or not found..

I don't believe the first set of detectives would have needed a report. I believe the ME conducting the autopsy, whether the detectives are present or not (not sure they do as shown on CSI), the ME could have given the details of what he felt the remains showed evidence of..KWIM?

The report is complied after, but the ME while viewing the remains would give the detective whatever details are found..or not found..

I believe it took awhile for Caylee's report and there was very little to report. I don't believe Chief Lee was rushing the ME to get a report because obviously that report has some interesting information in it or Gilbreath would not have stated that part of their evidence for the charges were TM's body. I also don't think the ME "leaks" information to the police department. Testing was done and they have to wait for the results of any testing. I personally think what may have taken so long for SA to charge was that full medical report. jmo

I believe it took awhile for Caylee's report and there was very little to report. I don't believe Chief Lee was rushing the ME to get a report because obviously that report has some interesting information in it or Gilbreath would not have stated that part of their evidence for the charges were TM's body. I also don't think the ME "leaks" information to the police department. Testing was done and they have to wait for the results of any testing. I personally think what may have taken so long for SA to charge was that full medical report. jmo

BBM

You could be correct, LambChop! Or the SP team could have used his bench notes, if the report had not been completed at that point..I believe toxicology results are what hold up the report...but the ME has his bench notes to work from...and in this case, it could have been so cut and dry just from viewing the trajectory of that bullet..so many unexpected might also pop up and hold reports up...but we the public won't get this until well after the trial, if it ever gets published..

When is the autopsy report available?
While the body is usually released within 24 hours, there may be a significant delay in the release of the autopsy report. Typically, the autopsy report will be available within 90 days. However, some cases may take longer. This is because the medical examiner may request consultation from other laboratories and testing agencies. Therefore, the medical examiner must obtain the results before the report is finalized.

What happens to personal property on the decedent?
In most cases, the personal property on the body at the time of death is removed at the place of death and turned over to the family or the law enforcement agency. Personal property transported to the Medical Examiner’s Office along with the body is inventoried and released with the body to the funeral home. In homicide cases, the personal effects are considered to be evidence and are turned over to the investigating law enforcement agency.

http://volusia.org/medicalexaminer/faq.htm

I for one do not believe that SPD turned over the investigation to the SA before the ME report was complete. jmo

I don't believe SPD turned anything over, it was the Governor who did!

Since GZ was arrested 44 days after he killed TM, common sense would tell me, the report had not been finalized...It takes 4-6 weeks just for toxicology results to come back, so I believe the report has not been finalized but possibly a preliminary report was done..I'm guessing the report can be amended to add the results that had been sent out for a final report...

They will be fighting powerful forces if they are still sticking to wanting the records sealed.

http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/mcclatchy_m_intervene.pdf

How much more evidence do you want? TWO times last week, <modsnip> took the time to fill us in on everything that went on, didn't he?

TMTaaffeComedy3-1.jpg

He showed us how George's vehicle was parked completely differently from where he first told us AND left us all trying to figure out why it was facing the opposite direction that his trip to Target would indicate. :waitasec:

TMTaaffeComedy.png

Didn't he finally settle that pesky issue of Trayvon "circling" George's vehicle? :rocker:

TMTaaffeComedy1.png

Now, thanks to <modsnip >, we know the PRECISE spot where George was getting his head banged! :banghead:

TMTaaffeComedy2.png

We no longer have to believe George's attorney, because <modsnip> was sure to point out where Trayvon died!

TMTaaffeVer.png

Of course O'Mara doesn't want the State's evidence released to the public. The <modsnip> Show is in full swing! :floorlaugh:

Trayvon Martin: three ways George Zimmerman's story is falling apartFrom leaked police station footage to new eyewitness accounts, lawyers say the Florida shooter's original story is unravelling
Matt Williams in New York
guardian.co.uk, Friday 30 March 2012 16.52 EDT

In the last 48 hours, new evidence has emerged that casts serious doubt on George Zimmerman's version of events, leaked to the press by police. Here are the key claims from Zimmerman, according to police leaks, and the discrepancies with the evidence.

1. Martin was the aggressor
Zimmerman, according to a leak, told police that the teenager attacked him first. The shooter told officers that Trayvon Martin approached him from behind and asked if he had a problem,before adding: "you do now". The teenager then floored him with a single punch to the face and proceeded to pummel Zimmerman's head into the concrete.

The evidence: the Martin family has an affidavit from the teenager's girlfriend, who was talking to him on his cell phone in the minutes immediately before his death. She says Martin was trying to get away from Zimmerman, who was following him. The girl heard Trayvon ask: "Why are you following me, man?" before, she says, he was pushed by the older man.

An eyewitness who came forward Thursday told CNN that the altercation all happened in one place, casting doubt on Zimmerman's claim that Martin had followed him back to his vehicle.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/mar/30/trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman-florida

Delaying the delivery of the State's evidence to the defense just seems to me to be a way of trying to subvert the intention of FL's Sunshine Laws. One may argue as to whether or not the Sunshine Law should exist, but it is the law and should be obeyed by both the defense and the SA. Maybe by not allowing this evidence to be released, it prolongs the time the defense has to collect PayPal money, but IMO that should not enter into obeying the Sunshine Law. Surely a judge will see that. He has already allowed extra time to redact info about withnesses. That should be it.

How much more evidence do you want? TWO times last week, <modsnip> took the time to fill us in on everything that went on, didn't he?

TMTaaffeComedy3-1.jpg

He showed us how George's vehicle was parked completely differently from where he first told us AND left us all trying to figure out why it was facing the opposite direction that his trip to Target would indicate. :waitasec:

TMTaaffeComedy.png

Didn't he finally settle that pesky issue of Trayvon "circling" George's vehicle? :rocker:

TMTaaffeComedy1.png

Now, thanks to <modsnip >, we know the PRECISE spot where George was getting his head banged! :banghead:

TMTaaffeComedy2.png

We no longer have to believe George's attorney, because <modsnip> was sure to point out where Trayvon died!

TMTaaffeVer.png

Of course O'Mara doesn't want the State's evidence released to the public. The <modsnip> Show is in full swing! :floorlaugh:

Picture 1. Yeah I went fly fishing for the first time.

Picture 2. I cast this way.

Picture 3. Then I whipped it back.

Picture 4. And my pole flew out of my hands and I bent to pick it up.

Picture 5. Right then a fish grabbed the lure and swam off with my pole!!:what::what::floorlaugh:

BBM

You could be correct, LambChop! Or the SP team could have used his bench notes, if the report had not been completed at that point..I believe toxicology results are what hold up the report...but the ME has his bench notes to work from...and in this case, it could have been so cut and dry just from viewing the trajectory of that bullet..so many unexpected might also pop up and hold reports up...but we the public won't get this until well after the trial, if it ever gets published..

--according to omara here, we could get the autopsy report "quickly".

http://www.wesh.com/trayvon-martin-extended-coverage/31050222/detail.html

Those challenges shouldn't keep key material, like the substance of witness statements and details of Martin's autopsy report, from being made public.

"I would imagine that report could come out quickly. There's nothing confidential in it," O'Mara said.

The report will shed light on whether there are marks on Martin's hands to support Zimmerman's contention the teen was beating his head on the ground, causing him to fear for his life and fire gunshots.

I am hoping one of my fellow sleuthers can help me with something. (I've had 2 teeth surgically removed this morning and am a bit out of it.) I thought I read on this thread somewhere that the person who took the picture of GZ's injuries stated that they could clearly see gunpowder marks on TM. Or was it another witness? I have searched and searched and can't find it. Did I make that up or not? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I am hoping one of my fellow sleuthers can help me with something. (I've had 2 teeth surgically removed this morning and am a bit out of it.) I thought I read on this thread somewhere that the person who took the picture of GZ's injuries stated that they could clearly see gunpowder marks on TM. Or was it another witness? I have searched and searched and can't find it. Did I make that up or not? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Yes, you did read it. jmo

Picture 1. Yeah I went fly fishing for the first time.

Picture 2. I cast this way.

Picture 3. Then I whipped it back.

Picture 4. And my pole flew out of my hands and I bent to pick it up.

Picture 5. Right then a fish grabbed the lure and swam off with my pole!!:what::what::floorlaugh:

LOL

After I read your post I went back to look at pictures.....LO I spit coffee all over my screen! That was too funny! It looked exactly as you described it.

Frank T. does GZ no favors......at all.

LOL

After I read your post I went back to look at pictures.....LO I spit coffee all over my screen! That was too funny! It looked exactly as you described it.

Frank T. does GZ no favors......at all.
I do a lot of fishing, I have probably told that story before. LOL LOL

http://gma.yahoo.com/warning-graphi...immermans-050145810--abc-news-topstories.html

The photographer told ABC News exclusively that they did not see the scuffle that night, but did hear it. The source saw Martin's prostrate body on the wet grass and claims the gunpowder burns on Martin's gray hoodie were clearly visible; the gunpowder marks could show that Martin was shot at very close range.

The photographer says that after the shooting Zimmerman asked to call his wife. When the photographer asked what to say, Zimmerman allegedly blurted out "man, just tell her I shot someone."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member