What Got/Keeps You Involved in Caylee's Case?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I got interested because there were so many clues that Caylee was around the home somewhere and so many clues of premeditation. Then it turned into total disgust watching a circus with all sorts crazy characters, mudslinging, misplaced blame, and the Cindy A. witch burning frenzy. Then she was found so close to home in fricking ankle or only calf deep water. Not one person who was carrying on like a circus even bothered to look very closely, in those first couple of weeks behind the house before those first rains hit or even bothered to plan on getting it done, not even mentioning getting in there where the boats that could get stuck couldn't even get into anyway. It was glaringly obvious from all the cell pings and decomp trunk report that she couldn't have been put anywhere else. I know it won't take a jury very long for Casey to be found guilty, but I'm staying interested to see what is said about her mental state, and how it might help in spotting future psychopaths, plus hoping the spectacles and craziness never happen again in a missing child case that becomes public, because it takes away from real searching and getting criminals charged instead of everybody and their dogs being interviewed and coming up with some crazy theory or blaming Cindy for what another adult grown mother did to her own child.

my granddaughter, who is sitting here watching Mickey Mouse and eating french toast, was a bun in the oven when Caylee was reported missing (as opposed to the day she actually went missing). We had just found out my grandbun was going to be a girl so the news of Caylee being missing hit me hard. Then Cindy started yapping and I, a future Grandma then, was sickened. The whole thing made me queasy. As I prepared for Grandmahood and did the things like Baby Showers and shopping I kept up on Caylee. Then I became a Grandma and my world got a hundred and fifty shades better. But as I savored every day I watched the twistications of Team Casey and was baffled beyond belief.
I looked forward to my grandbaby's firsts and watched the Anthonys lie, scream, attack innocent signs and fight battles with pocket change and dog water (and lose)
Then Caylee's poor little body was located and my grandma heart broke. I kept watching the Anthonys and wondering if they were aliens or droids or something.
And now I keep following because I firmly believe justice is necessary for Caylee and for some reason her own family doesn't seem to care about it so until Cindy and George Anthony seek justice for the murder of Caylee, I will.

I was watching the news when they showed ICA being arrested, and they reported that her child had been missing for 31 days before she notified police.
As she was being led out in handcuffs she started to laugh when she saw the cameras, then smirked all the way out the door. I couldn't imagine what kind of mother would think it amusing to (a) have a missing child and not report it and (b) think it was amusing, she acted like a celebrity wannabe. That got my attention and this whole bizarre family and all the lies kept me interested.

The Sunshine Laws. We need a doc dump and we need it now!

I'm at WS in general and involved in this case in particular because I am well past beyond sick and tired of parents treating their children like disposable objects, to be tossed out with the trash when it is no longer convenient to be a parent!

I stay because of how bizarre this case was early on and then the cast of characters just got odder and odder. I too hope they find Casey guilty as I believe she is. She lied to her parents and others for years regarding jobs, schools, accomplishments. Lying about her daughter was just one more lie for someone who thought nothing about lying in the first place. I don't wish for her to get the death penalty as I do think Casey is certifiably mentally ill.

For me it was the first news reports and I remember saying to my wife that poor little girl is gone and the mother did it. Then as the story started to unfold more and more it was the constant you can't make this stuff up moments (to quote TWA) that kept me interested. I had never been on websleuths until this case but found it to be the best place for the latest up to date news.

WS was always ahead of the media and at first I just lurked and read what members had to say and came here strictly for case updates for about a year. What made me finally join WS was watching some of the things that were being said and I just couldn't lurk any more.

What keeps me here is WS in general. Yes I want to be here when the gavel comes down on ICA, but I'll be here long after that moment. This website is such a fantastic place for victims, arm chair lawyers, real lawyers, victims advocates, and many other wonderful and special people who take time out of their lives for these cases. I've also found that the political pavilion keeps me on my toes and in good fighting form when debating with friends and local politicians.

31 days! As soon as I heard on the news that a mother had not reported her two-year-old baby missing for 31 days, I knew that Caylee was no longer alive. I said to myself "That mother killed her baby."

In those first few months, all I could do was pray that Caylee would guide Tim Miller and the volunteers to where her mother had left her. I was devastated when the searches were called off. I know they did everything they could do... but at that moment... I was low! Very low! I thought that she would never be found and it broke my heart into pieces.

I was at work on December 11th, 2008 when my mom called me to tell me that they think they found Caylee. I don't remember feeling sad... I knew she was deceased. I remember thanking God! The most important thing, for me, was that she was finally found. Happy is not the word I would use... but I was, I guess you could call it, at peace! I didn't think of what this meant for Casey. Or Cindy. Or George. I thought about what it meant for Caylee.

I didn't need Dr. G. to tell me that those remains belonged to Caylee. I knew it in my heart. It was a welcome confirmation, though. A lot has happened since then... I don't have to go into everything that has happened because we all know what has happened.

I still feel a lot of rage for Dominic Casey. That he went out into those woods, knowing Caylee was there. :furious:That he so carelessly slashed and stabbed into those black trash bags, knowing that Caylee might be in one of them. :furious: That he picked up that baby blanket and just threw it back down on the ground. :furious: That he didn't immediately call LE when he found that blanket.:furious: That he left Caylee out there... knowing she was there... somewhere! :furious:

No matter what any of you have done, and you know who you are, to try and deny Caylee of her due justice, it didn't work! And it won't work! A community, a State, a Country, an entire WORLD is standing behind Caylee! Waiting patiently (most of the time) for the justice she so rightfully deserves! And it is coming... very soon!

What keeps me interested in this case is JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE MARIE!

What keeps me here is WS in general. Yes I want to be here when the gavel comes down on ICA, but I'll be here long after that moment. This website is such a fantastic place for victims, arm chair lawyers, real lawyers, victims advocates, and many other wonderful and special people who take time out of their lives for these cases. I've also found that the political pavilion keeps me on my toes and in good fighting form when debating with friends and local politicians.

marspiter, thank you for this. I saw that BJB had bumped this thread (and thanks BJB!), and my response is way back there as to what got me interested... but what keeps me coming back today is much different than when I first started coming to WS, or even when I started the thread...

It's the WSers. Any of us could and would follow along with Caylee's case on our own, thanks to the Sunshine Laws. But the analysis tempered with compassion, the life experiences shared, the informed speculation, the boots-on-the-ground info gathering, the combined intelligence that are present on WS absolutely blow me away. Add to that the wide range of forums where we can support each other, and yes, blow off steam, and it's simply brilliant.

Caylee's case here on WS opened my eyes to a whole range of ways that we can all support victims, and each other. I know I'm just beginning to explore some of the other advocacy and support options that have been brought to my attention all because of this site. Tricia and our mods and support staff have created a truly beautiful thing here and its effects will last long after ICA or her family have seen their last headline.

Any case with a so obviously guilty perp that has ppl that defend their actions to the point of ridiculousness, is what keeps me interested.
I want to help ensure the defenders way of thinking doesn't "win out". I call these ppl "murderers by proxy" and I don't want them to have the satisfaction of getting away with it anymore than the actual perp.

And this got me:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao8Z2L8KN-I&feature=related[/ame]

This report was that Casey was moving out of the house.

What keeps me interested is this over two year "rabbit hole", as well as the insightful discussions had here.

The first perp walk in the blue hoodie was all it took for me.

What's changed since then? Caylee's little body has been found but other than that, not much.

ICA is still guilty in my eyes - just waiting on the courts now.

The first perp walk in the blue hoodie was all it took for me.

What's changed since then? Caylee's little body has been found but other than that, not much.

ICA is still guilty in my eyes - just waiting on the courts now.

I so agree. If the prosecutors just play that footage alone, should convince anyone this was no grieving or worried mother who's child is missing. She smirked and smirked and looked like someone who thought she was the newest reality tv star.

I so agree. If the prosecutors just play that footage alone, should convince anyone this was no grieving or worried mother who's child is missing. She smirked and smirked and looked like someone who thought she was the newest reality tv star.

Yes, you are right - and when we all watched that walk in disbelief - wasn't our first thought "WTF" with an instantaneous bolt of "Guilty!"?

I can remember standing there thinking - THIS is the mother of that beautiful little girl? What is that? Excitement? It's more than that - it's almost sexual excitement - eeeuuuw! No way is that mother innocent.

Here we are - 2.5 years later (almost) and she's still guilty and we're still waiting for justice. Not taking my eyes off the goal until we're done.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostInMaine
Back