What Got/Keeps You Involved in Caylee's Case?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Caylee...that precious face brought me here.
luv.gif

I stay because this is a well-moderated forum with intelligent posters and a wealth of resources.

It breaks my heart everytime I see a courtroom video. Not a single one of those who profess their love and claim Caylee was the light their lives are sitting on the side of the State. The only people sitting on the SA side are total strangers to Caylee. It feels like she has been abandoned, even in death. I understand the dilemma of GA & CA having to choose between their daughter and granddaughter. It doesn't matter how much logic I apply, I still feel that precious child deserves more loyalty from those she knew and loved. I feel the need to support Linda Drane Burdick, Jeff Ashton, Yuri Melich, et al...who are fighting for justice for Caylee.

its hard to believe any of them loved her while she was alive given what we see now.

but she is truly loved HERE. ... :)

Yes, 31 days certainly drew me in, it was inconcievable. But also the last images of Caylee, sitting on her great grandfathers lap. That beautiful little face, she looked so so small, so innocent and so...... haunted. Her expression told me something was just wrong in her little life.

The first that I had read about this case was on FARK when Casey was first arrested. I heard the 31 days, pictures of Caylee and Casey, and after listening to the A's I felt a compulsion for Justice for Caylee. There was a link provided to Websleuths during the FARK discussion and I have been here ever since. I was not internet savvy and being a part of WS has taught me so much. I am also a survivor of a brutal kidnapping and rape by an escaped prisoner, so when the duct tape info came out about Caylee I finally felt validated that I could share what I knew that our Caylee went through as I too was duct taped. This case actually got me back into therapy to try and resolve my post traumatic stress issues. Knowing that advocating for the missing and deceased is something that I would like to get into. Having been a dental hygienist prior to my attack, I have not been able to continue that line of work. But needing to deal with my own demons that were left after my ordeal before I could help others. The unbelievable twists and turns in this case. The ability of stretching the truth by the defense and family just makes my stomach turn. Also, not one family member seeking justice for Caylee has left me feeling the need to help in this quest.

I haven't posted in the forum regarding Caylee but have been reading here from the beginning. My husband was told George is a distant relative of his and that is what got me interested in following this case. He has never met George and barely heard if even two words about him. Only knows there is a family connection.

I had sympathy for Cindy and George all along and felt people were being too hard on them. My mind changed in the last month.

i lost sympathy for cindy and george the minute the smell went from 'a dead body' to 'rotting pizza.' granted im only an amatuer forensics guy, but im not a complete idiot. ;)

To see casey and her parents get what's coming to them and above all justice for Caylee!

I was in the park with my 2 ½ year old daughter one beautiful July day and we stopped to ask a nice lady if we could pet her dog. When I introduced myself and Kayli to the lady, she responded with “Kayli? Oh, like the little girl that is missing from Florida?” I live in NY and had no idea what she was talking about. So when I got home that day I did some searching on the internet and found Websleuths and I have been here almost every day since. I felt a personal connection to Caylee the first time I saw her picture. She looks so much like my own daughter and they share a lot of the same mannerisms (could just be the age – I don’t know). That beautiful little face of hers had me from day one! I had to know what happened to her and I will continue to follow this case until she gets the justice she deserves.

I've been a member here for a few months and this is my first post. (Hi!)

I'm a 911 dispatcher. I remember watching Nancy Grace or a similar show a long time ago when they were playing the 911 calls made by Cindy and the dispatch side of my brain was going "WHAT?!?".
I also have a little boy who is about to be three and I can't even begin to imagine how a mother could do something like this to her child. That's what has kept me hooked. That and the general outrageousness of the whole thing. Just crazy.

....back to lurking....

I don't remember how I first heard about the case, however I do remember being intrigued from the beginning. I too was going to a different website in the beginning but it was having a lot of troubles and this WS was linked a couple of times so I decided to see what information was over here. I lurked a little while before I actually made an account. I'm glad I did because, while I don't post very often I do really enjoy reading everyone else's insights and links.
I keep coming back because I'm still intrigued by what may happen next in the case and I'm anxious to see justice in some way shape or form. Caylee would be just a few months younger than my son, and my daughter is just a few months older now than what Caylee was when she went missing. Seeing the pictures of her beautiful eyes and smile and how sweet she must have been, the thought of what she could have been if only given the chance is what keeps me here.

What keeps me interested in the case is the hope that the Anthony's will do the right thing. Tell the truth. Stop the charade. I have faith in most humans, and hope justice does prevail.

I really dislike narcissists. They leave destruction everywhere while serving only themselves. Probably one-fourth of the depressed people I see (I'm a psych nurse) are currently victims of a narcissist(s). Another fourth of the depressed patients I see were victims of a narcissist for a prolonged time throughout their life. Sooooo, I really want to see the narcissist, KC, go to jail.

What keeps me interested in the case is the hope that the Anthony's will do the right thing. Tell the truth. Stop the charade. I have faith in most humans, and hope justice does prevail.

none of them even know what the right thing is never mind doing it. :(

I don't recall the TV show, but 31-days coupled with the audio of the 911 call where CA hands KC the phone and in the background you can hear KC say something...I don't remember what she said exactly, but I remember "how" she said it....she was "reluctant" to talk to LE....that sucked me in. I had not seen a picture of Caylee yet. I love a good mystery - but this case has become a symbol of justice triumphing over evil. KC's behavior and then the rest of the A's following in line accordingly, has been one of defiance of justice and truth. Where they have failed we are stepping in, WE are watching. WE are making sure Caylee gets what she deserves.

The circus moved in quickly. Between LP, NG, GR and a host of other characters, this became a 3-ring circus with too many sideshows to recount. I must admit, I have "watched" the coverage on this case because of the characters. But when I want facts and wish to discuss this case on an intellectual level,,,,I come to WS - the ONLY place I trust to be.

I hate to say what drew me to this case is KC's face but that is the truth. I was nursing my infan son in my room and I randomly looked up at the TV. Nancy Grace was on and they were showing KC's perp walk in the #82 Hoodie. The look on KC's face intrigued me and I immediately thought "what did she do" based on that look alone. Caylee is a few months younger than my own daughter. This is what drew me to the case. What keeps me here is I'm waiting to see KC pay and my love for Caylee and all that she stands for. OH and all of you wonderful people of course!

I became hooked when I saw Cindy's interview with Greta where she is so incredibly rude. I sat dumbfounded in front of the TV. I knew then this was some totally bizarre family situation then. I remember she told Greta not to ask "stupid" questions, when asked if she had ever met Zanny she replied that she hadn't met God but knew he existed and accused Greta of wanting her to fall out on air for ratings. After seeing that interview, I was hopelessly hooked.

i followed this from day one...as i mentioned before, my youngest daughter was born 4-6-05=literally just a few months before caylee..as the case drug on, i seen my youngest accomplish her milestones( potty training, first day of preschool,ect) and thougth caylee should be doing the exact same thing. my own birthday is 8-4, and my oldest daughter is 8-12...(caylee, of course is 8-9) those "coincidences" and the facts of the case itself, waiting 31 days, KC partying like its 1999 once caylee was gone, and all the twists and turns is what keeps me watching this like a hawk. plus i want justice for caylee.. i pray that kc does not turn into "orlandos oj" =get accquitted.

What drew me to the case was KC's refusal to honestly assist LE.

I stay to see the day when justice will be served for Caylee.

cayleelittle.jpg

I remember the 911 calls on the news. I glance through CNN daily, and would occasionally see news on the Caylee story. I was initially curious about the numerous 911 calls. I would check CNN daily for updates but never found much. Yearning for more information, I would search on the web for info.. That's how I found WebSleuths and 2 Florida News station's websites. I rarely ever post, but I read here daily. My husband and daughter laugh at me, but for me, its all about getting Justice for Caylee.

I appreciate this post alot, as well as everyones responses :)

I became intrigued with this case after seeing it on the news. I have read about it all over the internet, but find WS to be one of the best places for new and accurate information. I have a deeply involved interest in most things related to society and law.

I stay because I want to see justice in this case (and all the cases that I follow here). I firmly believe in the foundations of justice, and I think this case is testing those foundations in an extreme way. I find the posters at WS keep me on my toes and the moderators on my hands, and I truly love and appreciate that. It makes me think more :)

O/T It took me a long time to come out of lurking ...and it wasnt as scarey as I thought lol!

Inspired by a post strawberry made:

Lots of back and forth on all these threads about the facts of the case, which is part of what makes this such a great site. But I am interested to hear what got folks involved in Caylee's case in the first place. There are so many intelligent, insightful WSers from Florida to Alaska who have clearly given a great deal of time to considering what happened here--let's talk a little about what brought us here, without trying to solve anything.

For me, I was following a case from my home state on the MSM news. Googled for more info and WS came up. I had run across it before accidentally but never really explored (honestly it intimidated the heck outta me for a long time!). As I began lurking and tracking the efforts of folks on my home state case I became aware of how skilled and how generous WSers are. Caylee's case was featured on the front page--I'd never heard about the Anthonys before that--and I started by scanning the posts on her forum after visiting the other. After many months of lurking I decided to dive in, as it were. I've never regretted it.

What keeps me here is the dedication and passion that posters show for bringing justice to Caylee. I have said this before and I really mean it--there is SO MUCH energy here supporting finding out what really happened to Caylee that her family was not able or willing to provide. I've read so many posts where folks share personal details that shed light on what has gone on in this case, and I honor the sleuthers who have shared their experiences so that we all have a broader understanding. I've come to admire the skills, humor, insights, and challenges that posters have brought to the table in this admittedly tangled case. And perhaps most of all... I want to know what happened to Caylee. It infuriates me to have so many questions still up in the air--even after the 31 days and the "it smells like there's been a dead body in the d*** trunk!"

Super non-factual thread and mods I know this may end up in the parking lot. Still, very interested to hear other WS'ers "how I got here" stories. Much respect to all who have done so much work on this case and others.

Wow, ynot, this is the first chance I've had to check here...we really started a hot topic ;/ I'll have to read through but don't have time now. I've been following the sad Haleigh dram.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust
Back