What happened to Rebecca Zahau?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What do you think happened to Rebecca Zahau?

• It was a suicide.

Votes: 31 13.1%
  • It was not a suicide.

Votes: 50 21.2%
  • It was a hired hit.

Votes: 22 9.3%
  • It was a murder committed by someone angry about Max's accident.

Votes: 106 44.9%
  • I am unsure of what really happened (on the fence).

Votes: 27 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether Dr. Wecht is being paid or not, doesn't really matter, he has identified himself as working for Bremner and the family, therefore I doubt they would publish or let him go on tv if his opinion didn't support the family. Do you know if he had the opinion before he was hired?

No, it doesn't matter if he is paid or pro bono. When someone works pro bono they basically should have a contract even if not getting paid.

The idea that experts working for LE or the prosecutor would not have the same bias is silly, they do.

What about the brother that was supposedly living in the guest house?

No, it doesn't matter if he is paid or pro bono. When someone works pro bono they basically should have a contract even if not getting paid.

The idea that experts working for LE or the prosecutor would not have the same bias is silly, they do.

I agree but it's usually during the trial. Psychiatrist Park Dietz has been hired by both the prosecution and the defense as a witness, as have most of these experts.

The doctor thinks he was. It's linked.

The doctor's opinion was used to obtain a search warrant. Perhaps LE's interview of RZ is what triggered her suicide? Her autopsy report doesn't mention when LE interviewed her to determine who was in the house and where she was.

JMO

What's the name of this forum again? I don't see a lot of sleuthing going on here.
Opinions are fine but when they are repeated ad nauseum, it gets old real fast. JMO

Sorry for the OT .. back to the subject at hand.

Whether Dr. Wecht is being paid or not, doesn't really matter, he has identified himself as working for Bremner and the family, therefore I doubt they would publish or let him go on tv if his opinion didn't support the family. Do you know if he had the opinion before he was hired?

The opinion he expressed was pretty broad and he left open the possibility of suicide so I'm hoping the family didn't actually pay him.

JMO

You might want to come over to the Max death thread. I just posted a quote from a doctor at Rady's who thinks Max was suffocated before his "fall".

OMG, are you serious??? I will have to make sure I read that.

I have no problems with the investigation on BOTH deaths being reopened. In fact I think they should be since it seems both families have questions.

While Rebecca's death is puzzling ...Max's death is equally as puzzling to me. Something just isn't right about how that precious little boy died, imo.

The doctor's opinion was used to obtain a search warrant. Perhaps LE's interview of RZ is what triggered her suicide? Her autopsy report doesn't mention when LE interviewed her to determine who was in the house and where she was.

JMO

Do you think they interviewed her more than once?

I so agree with you OceanBlueEyes. Both of these deaths are very suspicious, and I think to end it for once and for all there needs to be an inquest into BOTH deaths, starting from scratch. One thing though the two of three people who know what happened to Max are now deceased. Lets hope the 13 year old tells the truth.

I think that this was murder but I don't think that JS had anything to do with it. If he was mad enough at RZ to kill her because he though she killed his son, I doubt he would have let her stay in his house for this long with out any other incidents between the two of them. Also it has been reported that he was not home when she was killed.

I leaning towards MS's mother as the one who killed RZ. If she had gone to the house and said she wanted to get some of MS's stuff I'm pretty sure that RZ would have let her in. Also from what I read RZ had 4 head wounds also. That would be consistent with a person with not too much upper body strength trying to incapacitate somebody with a hit to the head because they would have to use multiple hits to knock the person out when a stronger person could get the job done with one or two.

Now the whole "coverup" with calling this a suicide. I doubt that neither JS or DS are responsible for this. I think this was ruled a suicide because the police that were initially called to the scene contaminated the crime scene. So if they wanted to investigate and charge somebody with murder that most of their evidence would be thrown out.This type of thing happens a lot with police districts that aren't accustom to dealing with murders. So instead of risking public humiliation and wanting a high profile case to go away, they just ruled this a suicide.

It started with MS's accident. Now, if this was in another neighborhood of San Diego, LE may have paid more attention to the oddness of such an accident to begin with. They never were able to explain it, IMO.

At this point, there's so many ways to look at this case.
-RZ killed herself because she was the one that hurt MS?
-Pure anger and revenge had her murdered?
-or they were going to pin MS's accident on her and she wouldn't go along with that?
-Perhaps, RZ knew something that needed to be suppressed?

I do not believe Rebecca committed suicide.

At this point, there's so many ways to look at this case.
-or they were going to pin MS's accident on her and she wouldn't go along with that?
-Perhaps, RZ knew something that needed to be suppressed?

I do not believe Rebecca committed suicide.

Why were they going to pin MS's accident on RZ? Do you think someone else caused the accident? What is it that RZ knew?

Why were they going to pin MS's accident on RZ? Do you think someone else caused the accident? What is it that RZ knew?

Speculation, of course. Yes, someone else, and RZ knew or suspected how it happened. Someone that needed help from other family members to keep this quiet. Keep it as either an accident, or if necessary point the finger at RZ and pin it on her behind her back.

Considering that if RZ did harm MS, then she would be relieved to hear the news that he wasn't going to make it (and tell on her) She wouldn't commit suicide just because JS supposely made that call that was deleted. RZ wasn't the one that harmed MS if anyone actually did, IMO.

Considering that if RZ did harm MS, then she would be relieved to hear the news that he wasn't going to make it (and tell on her) She wouldn't commit suicide just because JS supposely made that call that was deleted. RZ wasn't the one that harmed MS if anyone actually did, IMO.

Well dah. Of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member