WHAT Has Been Said & By WHOM... That Baffles You? (aka Oh No They Didn't!)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kimster???:silenced::blushing::angel::innocent:

ahhh..Kimster is a 'piece of the puzzle'!!! She did come on the scene about that time!

Too funny LinasK! Sad part is that it's not any further *out there* than some of the other bizarre gibberish that we've heard...:beamup:..Honestly, I'm kinda afraid to even joke about it, lest the defense with their b@lls to the walls take it and run!..:D..

attention Anthony's and JB and co. - We are KIDDING about Kimster!

<chuckles> NTS? Have you seen ANY of the videos of CA being questioned? After growing up with CA and not only holding your own against her for years.. but in fact, intimidating CA to the point she backs down from you. I seriously doubt whether a couple large police officers would bother Casey. In fact.. she DID hold her own against them and continued to lie and lie and lie. Obviously she wasn't that intimidated by them, if they never have gotten a confession. lolol

And yes.. I completely agree... it WAS a planned interrogation. Its what happens when you lie to police officers and they find out. Its called "CRIME FIGHTING".

wild

She was not intimidated at all- she was smugly amused by the whole thing- as evidenced by the big smirk on her face as she was led out in handcuffs after being arrested. The Police are desperately trying to find a missing child and she thinks it's funny, trying to outwit the Police .
The only thing she was anxious about at that stage was finding Tony's phone number..

In a jailhouse visit with KC, CA tells KC how much money has been raised as reward money for Caylee.....the coldhearted response from mother of the year......"Jesus Christ that's half my bail!" Hang her:furious:

That has always bothered me..I think that statement kind of took George and Cindy aback too. (for a minute anyway)

It never was so much that she said it, (that didn't surprise me) it was how she said it..if that makes any sense. It may have dawned on her how it sounded, IDK...But, that one statement told me that she didn't give 2 chits about a reward because she KNEW where Caylee was!...Very Telling IMHO..

I've never seen/heard this clip, but it makes me wonder, and bear with me here. IF they're watching the people who had Caylee, wouldn't they (the A's) have kept a good enough eye on them to bring them in. If the person they all believed to have Caylee was ZFG, why the heck didn't they just move in and apprehend her? I know they distrust the LE, but I think that if I were in that situation I would have gone and did surveillance, gotten pictures, and probably moved in and did a citizen's arrest or something myself. That is, if I truly believed that my granddaughter was still alive and the people I was "watching" were keeping her from me.
Ugh, this whole thing makes me crazy! lol
Amen to that! If someone had my grandbaby wouldn't be any watching going on....I'd be kickin azz, & taking my grandbaby! The entire A family lives in a fantasy world which could explain why KC feels she can tell these totally off the wall unbelieveable stories and she absolutely expects people to believe her!

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, BUT....I do NOT recall these "mean" police officers "yelling" at poor KC. They were not being mean to her at all. KC is the ONE that lead the police officers to Universal Orlando, all the while pretending she "worked" there. Was it NOT KC that stopped near the end of the hallway to tell the officers that "she did not work" there? So the only "leading" that was done, was the deceitful KC "leading" the police to a workplace that did NOT exist!

This crap about an Amber Alert is idiotic! How in the world could the police issue an Amber Alert for a child that went missing 31 DAYS AGO? :banghead:

That has always bothered me..I think that statement kind of took George and Cindy aback too. (for a minute anyway)

It never was so much that she said it, (that didn't surprise me) it was how she said it..if that makes any sense. It may have dawned on her how it sounded, IDK...But, that one statement told me that she didn't give 2 chits about a reward because she KNEW where Caylee was!...Very Telling IMHO..

I had forgotten all about That one! Unreal.
In Casey speak, "Forget about finding that kid and get ME outta here!!"

Isn't it odd that Juliette Lewis, Jeff Hopkins and Zenaida Gonzalez all disappeared on the same day? Alien abduction??

As well as all of Zanny's immediate family.

I say, spontanous combustion......JMO ~ LOL....

Yep, I think it stunned GA & CA briefly too! And I know what you mean about the way she said it....almost as if she was talking to herself out loud & then they all regained their composure. Thank goodness we have these early 911 tapes, jailhouse tapes & interviews because its the closest thing to the truth we're ever going to get from this family.

Amen to that! If someone had my grandbaby wouldn't be any watching going on....I'd be kickin azz, & taking my grandbaby! The entire A family lives in a fantasy world which could explain why KC feels she can tell these totally off the wall unbelieveable stories and she absolutely expects people to believe her!

It's not a fantasy world, it's plain cowardice. They never wanted to confront Casey with her lies... Look where that got them..

I thought this thread was about statements in this case that have baffled us? Notthatsmart, can you please stop derailing the topic, and debate the universal trip and trash etc. elsewhere please?

Anyway, CA stating something like lying is not a crime, despite the fact that her daughter was arrested for just that.

CA's July 3rd blog titled 'My Caylee is missing'

Then a weird statement from Annie D in her interview with Cpl Edwards

Annie D: All the time. I mean her mom, she's her mom always. Like, I remember at Caylees 2nd birthday party, we were all sitting down opening presents, and cindy was helping, and casey was getting so upset, you know "this is my daughter" and "my moms trying to take my job out of it". Cindy was trying to play mom instead of letting Casey play mom, or be mom.

It's not a fantasy world, it's plain cowardice. They never wanted to confront Casey with her lies... Look where that got them..
Absolutley....and sadly Caylee paid the price for it.....

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18025942/detail.html My personal thoughts in green.

"There's absolutely no evidence other than somebody saying they think they smelled what smelled like a dead body," Mason said. "What if they're right? What if there is a dead body? Does that prove there's an unlawful killing? The answer is no, because every homicide is not murder. This child could have accidentally died any number of ways, and they'll never be able to prove without a body or a confession

"They'll never" seems far more personal than "they'd never" . JMO Also.....can't help but ignore the irony between what CM stated as someone thinking something smelled like a dead body.....and the "lay opinion" argument made. Hmmmmmmmmmm

"They're going to have to present evidence to convince the court that such tests are generally accepted by the scientific community. And since you've called me, I've inquired. I'm not aware of a single case that's been admitted anywhere," Mason said.

Really????? so based upon a media inquiry CM has taken the TIME to inquire about this topic????? Quite an investment in legal billable hours to inquire about a topic based upon a media inquiry. He qualifies his answer with SINCE YOU"VE CALLED ME.........If only ALL attorneys were so generous with their time regarding cases where that had NO FORMAL interest in....... Hmmmmmmmmmm.

"So this is hocus pocus science?" Pipitone said.
"Yes. I'd just have to agree with that," Mason said.

Note the date of this interview.......................November 2008.

Reading about Annie, let us not forget her statements. She was smuggled into the A compound the night ICA was released. What did they do????? they had a slumber party eating popcorn and watching movies ....... oh for the love of Pete ....... why ...... why .....

I thought this thread was about statements in this case that have baffled us? Notthatsmart, can you please stop derailing the topic, and debate the universal trip and trash etc. elsewhere please?

I bumped the "Interrogation Tactics" thread for anyone who wants to talk about LE's treatment of KC at Universal.

In a jailhouse visit with KC, CA tells KC how much money has been raised as reward money for Caylee.....the coldhearted response from mother of the year......"Jesus Christ that's half my bail!" Hang her:furious:

Starfish? Do you happen to have a link for this visit? I have been trying to wade through all the jailhouse types and find this one. I still haven't found it' I know Casey said it.. but I want to hear it as well :) Please n thank you if you could.

wild

For Not That smart

Not sure if you are serious, but if you are:

"
Originally Posted by notthatsmart
It is my opinion that they took Kc out to universal. They stopped by and picked her up. She did not drive them there, she did not lead them there, matter of fact, I think Ym was already out there. IMO They led Kc to Universal. IMO Then they begin to interrogate her and and intimidate her. Shameful. IMO But in the end, they begin to ask questions again, just proving they had no idea what was going on. IMO

That interrogation is prolly going to hurt them more than it is going to hurt Kc. IMO Afterall, they totally lost communication with the last person to see Caylee. IMO"

In the interview John Allen says "you drove us all the way to the door; you walked all the way down the hall to an office you don't have...."

You might want to read the interviews again. The detectives did an excellent job. She gets by with nothing. You will also note at the end of the interview at Universal, Melich and Allen leave Casey with the third detective who is a lot nicer (not that they treated her badly) and at the end he says you seem smart, how much schooling have you had and she replies College and she went to Valencia.

The girl just lies and lies and lies and is NOT THAT SMART, since she should know the detective already knew how much schooling she had.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
You are terrific, Solace.

Oh the thought from posting on the JB going after GA thread.

CA has a copyright on Caylee Marie Anthony's name ........ not to mention the fiasco of the Find Caylee website and Michelle whatshername that disappeared into the woodwork.

Todd Black is another baffle me.

It is my opinion that they took Kc out to universal. They stopped by and picked her up. She did not drive them there, she did not lead them there, matter of fact, I think Ym was already out there. IMO They led Kc to Universal. IMO Then they begin to interrogate her and and intimidate her. Shameful. IMO But in the end, they begin to ask questions again, just proving they had no idea what was going on. IMO

That interrogation is prolly going to hurt them more than it is going to hurt Kc. IMO Afterall, they totally lost communication with the last person to see Caylee. IMO
Aren't you forgetting, Zanny (or any other SODDI) was the last person to see Caylee?

PS- they were trying to track down Casey's cell phone (with all those pertinent numbers) which SHE claimed she left on her desk at Universal. You think when it comes to a missing child LE is gonna play games, NTS?

ETA: oops...didn't realize this is OT for the thread...sorry.

I seem to remember the detective telling AnnieD that LE knew Casey was guilty of harming Caylee (see Annie D deposition). Which seemed to be very upsetting to her, needless to say.
I remember a detective grasping CindyA by the arms and trying to convince her of his theory instead of just taking her statements.....
In, I think it was the JeffH interview, the detective lost his temper when JH expressed his belief that Caylee might still be alive and asked why there wasn't any amber alert or something along those lines....these are a few that spring to mind.
I remember most of the interviews being based on the belief that Casey was guilty, that was the tone in the interviews, all the questions were only about Casey, and sometimes witnesses were actually told Casey was guilty.
These young people were also hearing this same theory in the media, so they were coming into interviews hearing this both from the media and then from LE.
I think in the first interviews with TL and CC, July 17 or thereabouts, didn't the detective, maybe YM, also opened that interview by saying they already knew Casey was guilty, that everything she'd told everyone was a lie, and no one else was under any suspicion? It's been a long time so don't quote me but those would be interviews to look at (they are all on the resources sticky/official documents). I'll try to add links to this post but it might be tomorrow morning :)

I'm not alleging any kind of misconduct by the detective, I guess detectives can do that, I was just personally surprised and disappointed that that was how the interviews were done.

ETA: Of course the detectives could have something we don't know about, like maybe Casey wrote a confession in her diary that we haven't seen or who knows what.
Thanks...I have my work cut out for me. I remember the "everything she's told us is a lie" part...but not the rest.

I've been rewatching some of the early jailhouse visits b/w Casey and her parents, and I've found some more baffling statements:

-In one visit, Casey refers to Caylee in the past tense: she says something like "She was so lucky to have you guys," or "She's lucky to have had you guys as grandparents." I don't have the exact quote, but she definitely uses the past tense, and then catches herself, and immediately re-states whatever she said in the present tense!

-Also, at one point (I'm not sure if this is the same visit or not) her parents say something about how difficult things have been, and Casey says, "I know, it's been two weeks." However, during the time of the visit, it had been SIX weeks since Caylee had been missing...apparently the tragedy is not Caylee being missing, but Casey being in jail! (she'd been in jail two weeks at that point)

And perhaps the most baffling of all...

-In one of the visits, George and Cindy mention Larry King, and Casey calls King a "very insightful person." Huh??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back