What I saw/heard Thursday Frye Hearing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So now that CA has no ICA to control(ha ha) and no Caylee to control, GA is MIA. Now she wants to control someones facial expressions? Well honestly, she should be trying to control JB's smirks, they are way more frequent than anyone elses expressions.

Not to mention the "winks" that the whole world is watching! :winko:

If my memory is correct, Casey talked about Jose saying she will get a mistrial in the letters to her Cookie (Robyn Adams).

What I find funny is that Casey is simply content with a mistrial... I would not be happy with a mistrial if I were innocent of a crime... I would want to be aquitted. But not our Casey, she's "unique." I wonder if Casey even realizes that just because she gets a mistrial that it does not mean that she gets to go home? She is so transparent though! Could care less about an aquittal, but is happy as can be with a mistrial? Funny girl! :floorlaugh:

I remember it as Tracey McLaughlin saying Casey told her that. I don't think she knows what a mistrial is in the first place because how she explained it wasn't a mistrial. JB probably said it would be thrown out due to lack of evidence. He kept saying that in the media in the early days but jeez he didn't know what the evidence even was at that stage.

BBM - IDK because even if found Not Guilty - it won't make her innocent of killing Caylee, they'll have to live with that!

You do have a way of making CA sound a bigger martyr than we already know! I wonder if she does manage to pull this off if she would ever be able to sleep in the same house with her DD again... Can't even imagine spending the rest of my life sleeping with one eye open! (Not to mention multiple locks on the door, video surveillance in every room and a chloroform detector on the wall.)

OTOH I can't see ICA giving up her dream of traveling the US in her trailer and new Irish baby either. So maybe CA won't have to worry (too much).

i'm glad you brought this up..
many of us have thought that the searches for "household weapons" and "neck breaking" could have actually been done by KC because she planned to kill her parents as well... also with the whole "her getting the house thing" telling amy she was getting it.. telling tony "give me one more week then you can come over whenever you want"
too bad LE didn't catch on to this as well... i'd love to see her on trial for plotting their murder and seeing the looks on their faces when they learn that their "angel" could've been plotting to kill them as well!

if she only knew!
i always assumed a mistrial = you get to go home.
my cousin got off because of a mistrial (hung jury)
but now i just read last month of a case locally where a guy beat a little girl to death.. it ended with a mistrial because of juror misconduct.. one of the jurors googled "detached retina"
so anyway, it was a mistrial.. but the guy stayed in prison and had a bench trial a week or 2 later..
i believe he got 30 years? i'll have to look it up

ETA:
here we go http://www.timesleader.com/news/Historic_day_in_Pa__legal_system_ends__with_mistrial_01-14-2011.html
It became the first case in Pennsylvania, according to prosecutors:

• Where a juror conducted Internet research on a specific element of a case.

• Where a jury foreman misunderstood a judge’s question and said the jury had not reached a verdict on any charge Lamont Cherry faced. Court officials learned later jurors in fact found Cherry not guilty on the most serious charge, first-degree murder.

All of that led to a mistrial for Lamont Cherry.

“This was something we’ve never seen before,” Assistant District Attorney Michael Vough said. The 22-year court veteran prosecuted the case with fellow ADA Maureen Collins.

“We looked at all (other cases) and we haven’t found anything in Pennsylvania,” Vough said.

Cherry, 37, was charged with homicide in the May 2009 death of his girlfriend’s 1-year-old daughter, Zalayia McCloe. Had Cherry been convicted of first-degree murder, he could have faced the death penalty.

Now, Cherry will face another trial, but this time, on charges of third-degree murder and involuntary manslaughter, Vough said.

looks like he was found not guilty on the serious charges.. but they re-tried on lesser charges and i know he was convicted.. just gotta find the report!

I think the only reason Judge Perry is allowing the Anthony's (Cindy) to be present during these hearings is so that he has enough evidence to put them out during the actual trial. Cindy should not be holding her own mini trial in the gallery... drawing her own little demonstrations and objecting to the witnesses testimony. Cindy should not be allowed to testify (through her actions, behaviors, etc...) while in the gallery. She should not be trying to get anyones attention. She is not on that stand testifying... she is not part of the defense... she is a spectator. Just like everyone else.

ITA with your whole post. I've been pretty vocal about wanting the judge to kick them out of the courtroom because of their behavior. I'm also including George because he is just as bad as CA when he is there.

BBM-You said it much better than I did. That's exactly what she is trying to do. Courtrooms aren't that big and Cindy's action will distract the jury at minimum and perhaps be persuaded by them. If she has something to say, she must say it on the stand, under oath so the SA's have a chance to cross examine her. It's a sneaky way of testifying without getting on the stand.

I hate to type this but it seems JBP is more bark than bite in other areas too. It is his job to take control of the courtroom and enforce all rules. :truce:

JBP needs to add another rule and that is when he makes a ruling, no talking back.

IMO

Well, it's either the realtime court reporting on the side bar discussion, or it is a blog. Man, if it is a blog I am sure DS got an eyeful...have you ever watched some of those realtime chats at other sites when a hearing is going on??? Vicious

I've been watching the hearings on WESH and they now have a real time chat that scrolls. WESH saves them and is even posting the chats so you can go back and read what everyone said. Certain "Pro Defense" members have been there in force this past week so there has been quite a lot of arguing. Someone mentioned the laptop in chat and one of these posters stopped posting for a while (during which time Simms got up and whined about bloggers being able to see her laptop).

So, my question is... was anyone typing on that laptop?

Judge is the proper way to address a judge.

I'm not convinced. I could call Queen Elizabeth II "hey, lizzie!" but I think it would show that I had MUCH more class if I call her "your majesty"*

* fwiw I am american myself and dont exactly get this whole monarchy thing but respect is respect.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5491000_address-judge.html

Not a real citation of authority on how to address a Judge in Court but I am sure WS'ers will find a few. :)

Use "Your Honor" When Speaking

The judge has always been a historically esteemed figure in the legal system. Because of this, we need to show our respect. The proper way to do this is to address the judge as "your honor." When speaking directly to the judge, always start by saying, "your honor," similar to the way you would call your mother "Mom," or your friend by their first name. You should also preface questions, requests, and other actions (like objections) with "your honor." For example:

"Your honor, I plead not guilty."

"Your honor, I would like to introduce 'Exhibit A'"

"Your honor, may I please...?"

"Your honor, objection; relevance?"

It is also appropriate to address the judge as "sir" or "madam," or simply as "judge" while court is not in session. If you see the judge outside of the courtroom, and you feel "your honor" is too formal, then by all means use one of these alternatives. However, when you are inside the courtroom and the judge is presiding over your case, it is always appropriate to use "your honor" and you should refrain from using one of the alternatives, if for nothing else, but to show the judge you respect their position of power and to win their respect in return.

Read more: How to Address the Judge | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5491000_address-judge.html#ixzz1HiFB15U4

Judge is the proper way to address a judge.

On the street.

It is also appropriate to address the judge as "sir" or "madam," or simply as "judge" while court is not in session. If you see the judge outside of the courtroom, and you feel "your honor" is too formal, then by all means use one of these alternatives. However, when you are inside the courtroom and the judge is presiding over your case, it is always appropriate to use "your honor" and you should refrain from using one of the alternatives, if for nothing else, but to show the judge you respect their position of power and to win their respect in return.

I remember it as Tracey McLaughlin saying Casey told her that. I don't think she knows what a mistrial is in the first place because how she explained it wasn't a mistrial. JB probably said it would be thrown out due to lack of evidence. He kept saying that in the media in the early days but jeez he didn't know what the evidence even was at that stage.

Baez also stated, acquittal...maybe ICA thinks she will be aquitted on the murder of her precious child...Who she didn't respect enough to just hand her over if she didn't want to parent...her jealousy, anger and rage for her domineering, controlling mother who thought she was the mother to Caylee..

ICA lives in fantasy land on her own fantasy island...I believe she will be found guilty and receive LWOP..for she came up with a devious, depraved plan to be a free young woman and not one who had any parental incubrances...Caylee will get justice...She's in fine hands of JA/LDB/FG...they will win this one for Caylee Marie...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

SNIPPED

I hate to type this but it seems JBP is more bark than bite in other areas too. It is his job to take control of the courtroom and enforce all rules. :truce:

JBP needs to add another rule and that is when he makes a ruling, no talking back.

IMO

I'm sure HHJP has heard by now of the incident with CA telling JB about JA's facial expressions and queing the witness and the bailiff approaching JA about it during recess. So I will be interested in what the judge has to say at the beginning of the next hearing. Pretty bad when a victum's family member who wants to be included to witness all the testimonies given during the whole trial period, and has filed a motion to that effect through their attorney, starts issuing orders to the bailiff to "make him stop."

Judge Perry is more than aware of what is going on as he was clearly distracted during the witness testimony on Thursday by what was going on in the gallery. CA will make her own bed and she still has a few more days of doing so because we all know she will not stop. lol I believe his Honor is on his last nerve. jmo

I've been watching the hearings on WESH and they now have a real time chat that scrolls. WESH saves them and is even posting the chats so you can go back and read what everyone said. Certain "Pro Defense" members have been there in force this past week so there has been quite a lot of arguing. Someone mentioned the laptop in chat and one of these posters stopped posting for a while (during which time Simms got up and whined about bloggers being able to see her laptop).

So, my question is... was anyone typing on that laptop?

The laptop that was scrolling up was from the court reporter taking down the statements and that may have been what the poster was talking about. That is why they put the screen down during sidebars. So if that is the case obviously defense knows someone could see what was being typed onto the screen while they are at the bench. It's not as if they are not aware of this.

Anyone in the gallery can see defense's laptop when it is open if they have good eyesight. So having confidential material up on the screen is probably not a good idea. If it is that important lower your font size, don't increase it. I would imagine the laptop from the court reporter which is there for CM would have a larger font on it as he complains he is old and can't hear well and apparently does not see well either. I saw DS writing on a legal pad and did not see her typing on the laptop. My guess is she received a text message on her phone from the office who might be watching some of the chat sites. jmo

JA looks like he has uncontrollable facial tics. I have noticed that for a long time. Obviously he can be a bit demonstrative when he disagrees and is pizzed, but I hope CA is not misconSHtruing his facial tics for anything else but what they are.

See, I think GA and ICA may have them too. It kind of bothers me when people mention ICA or GA puckering because I think some of that is a tic. I tend to have some when I get stressed out too...JMO

I'm not sure if it was our Amil here at WS or the person at The Hinky Meter that also reports on attending the hearing, but someone said that Cindy was crying after this "diminished capacity" discussion was had. Did you see that Amil?

This doesn't surprise me. It is still all about Cindy - for her KC is a reflection of herself and when she heard the words "diminished capacity" and mental health diagnosis - it was a slam to Cindy's pristine image of herself and her family. She could not possibly have a defective daughter - she and GA were just too "perfect" to have any imperfections. (at least this is my take on why the tears at this time)

All of the talk of decomposing bodily fluids, adipocere, smell of decomp, chloroform, death band on the hair, etc . . . . - did NOT bring Cindy to tears previously - just anger about someone's facial tics/expressions. We are talking about her baby granddaughter here. The thing that brings her emotions to tears is the thought that her own daughter might have a fundamental brain/thought flaw. This just goes to show her level of narcissism - IMO.

I think there may be another explanation for Cindy crying at that point. It appears that Dr. Weitz, whom the defense wants to add to testify as to Casey's "state of mind" is a PTSD expert. I can't remember where, but IIRC Casey claimed that she told her mother about the abuse by her brother and her mother did not believe her and called her a *advertiser censored*. If the defense claims the sexual abuse was the cause of PTSD, then her mother's actions will also come in. IMO CA may be crying for herself, because she knows where this is going.

Originally Posted by TotallyObsessed
I'm not sure if it was our Amil here at WS or the person at The Hinky Meter that also reports on attending the hearing, but someone said that Cindy was crying after this "diminished capacity" discussion was had. Did you see that Amil?

I simply couldn't take it anymore and left before the end - Magpie saw/reported on it over on Hinky.

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/03/24/caylee-anthony-case-magpie-reports-on-032411-hearing/

Caylee Anthony case: Magpie reports on 03/24/11 hearing

excerpt
"....that was me at the very end doing my best to schmoze up to Mr. Bill. ...... He had just asked me why Cindy was crying when we heard them at sidebar mention “diminished capacity”.

http://thehinkymeter.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1096&p=45201#p45201

Caylee Anthony case: Magpie reports on 03/23/11 hearing

excerpt:
"I know that Cindy and Casey have been instructed to not have any emotional expressions, etc., but when Baez was asking Sgt. Brewer during cross if Bones alerted in the yard and if they found anything “NO, leg, no bone, no teeth……” most of us reacted, but they didn’t. That would also be hard for a jury to overlook. He just asked if they found your child’s body part? But then thats just me."

I think there may be another explanation for Cindy crying at that point. It appears that Dr. Weitz, whom the defense wants to add to testify as to Casey's "state of mind" is a PTSD expert. I can't remember where, but IIRC Casey claimed that she told her mother about the abuse by her brother and her mother did not believe her and called her a *advertiser censored*. If the defense claims the sexual abuse was the cause of PTSD, then her mother's actions will also come in. IMO CA may be crying for herself, because she knows where this is going.

As someone who suffers from PTSD what usually presents is the detachment that the inmate shows. Speaking from only my experience I would never want to be the life of the party as the inmate is shown in pictures. Never to dress provocative for male attention, even if you are pretty on the outside. On the inside you feel that you look hideous and that nobody would ever want you and I too was 22 years old when this started. I think they are grasping for straws and as said by previous posters the A's better hope their Teflon coating continues cause someone is going down for the inmate murdering her daughter. All the while lies and no concern for Caylee.:twocents:

ITA with your whole post. I've been pretty vocal about wanting the judge to kick them out of the courtroom because of their behavior. I'm also including George because he is just as bad as CA when he is there.

BBM-You said it much better than I did. That's exactly what she is trying to do. Courtrooms aren't that big and Cindy's action will distract the jury at minimum and perhaps be persuaded by them. If she has something to say, she must say it on the stand, under oath so the SA's have a chance to cross examine her. It's a sneaky way of testifying without getting on the stand.

IMO

It's already a rule:

13. Counsel shall refrain from attempting to make a re-argument after the Judge has ruled.

http://www.ninja9.org/publications/policies/courtroom decorum policy.pdf

I think I counted at least half of these rules which are broken during these hearings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member