What is going on between Baez and Casey?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I doubt this because everyone knows the State can't distinguish cause death, and everyone on the stand who knew Casey in real life has not said anything that bad, and has indicated she was a good mother.

She has a pattern of hiding the truth, starting with her pregnancy. Having a personality disorder and being raised around weird parents does not make a murderer. I think the State better have a huge smoking gun.

jmo

Hi, Chablis, the state doesn't have to determine an exact cause of death. That's been shown by numerous past cases. Concealment and an obstructive pattern of behavior can serve effectively as smoking guns.

The statements that Casey was an attentive mother are more than neutralized by the absence of mourning for her daughter, who the defense is claiming she knew was dead.

As for the topic of the thread, Casey has some cause to be emotional. She is not a lawyer and her main defense is not a good lawyer. She has watched as he has been unable to pry into testimony statements about sexual abuse. She must feel frustrated watching Baez awkwardly lead witnesses (most of whom she knew or knows) through painfully long cross-examination, no doubt imagining alternate lines of questions (some of which, to be sure, might well be inadmissible or counterproductive.) Nothing in her history suggests that she is an adept problem-solver, but then, none of it indicates that she has been hesitant about trying.

I think JB is, in a way, just another one of Casey's victims. I think he really did believe her at first. Then the body was found. ICA had probably thought "No body, no crime". Once poor little Caylee's remains were found and more and more evidence came out, JB had to construct a defense and he has NOTHING to work with. I don't think JB is a bad man even though he might not be the brightest crayon in the box. He's just stuck between a rock and a hard place - I think he knows his defense is ridiculous, yet he has to do SOMETHING since she won't take a plea deal.

Wow. I don't know what's going on, but Casey left the with defense team today. Is this the come to Jesus meeting, we should plea and stop this? I can't imagine any other reason she'd meet with them today.

This is the MOST respect that you'll ever hear me pay Jose Baez: if you were in his shoes, and had to defend ICA with all of that tremendous cirucumstantial evidence we know about, how would you go about defending her?

For starters, after pulling the accidential drowning card out I'd have left it at that - - - unless, perhaps, you were defending ICA and your defendant insisted that "that" story wasn't quite elaborate enough......this is ICA that we have been speaking about for almost 3 yrs now so we all know her a little...

Again, I insist that this is the only time you will ever hear me defend JB. Look what he's defending. Yuck. Yuck meets yuck and have their ONLY glory days (will be in this courtroom in front of a jury of their peers). Soon their story will be old and done; and so will they.

Sweet, sweet dreams, lil' miss Caylee. Tonight and every night. There are many (!) here for you. And justice will prevail.

BBM

I think ICA has a whole elaborate script made up that she wants JB to follow, complete with details, and is angry that he isn't working those lies into his cross. (remember she went to the lengthes of creating fake emails to print and show CA!). She may be trying to give him her version of every thing said on the stand, and he isn't "LISTENING TO HER" (remember the jailhouse video?) I am hoping she will get so FRUSHHHSTATED with him that she will insist that they "LET HER TALK!" and get on the stand, as she clearly will be able to convince this jury her version is the truth, after all, she is "such a good liar" in her own mind. JMO

ITAgree but it was not Joses job to TRY to keep GA and CA silent, was it? I don't think anyone could have reigned in these embarassed, ashamed, heartbroken grandparents at the time. But it certainly wasn't Joses job. He was too busy being wooed by ICA

IMO Every outburst from Cindy and George was Jose's doing.He was behind pushing their button's making them SEEM crazy. IMO KC planned it all from protesters,He probably told them so many lies to keep them confused,DC worked for jose first then the A's.Jose set this all up to become a circus,figured it everyone hated the Anthony's KC might escape either LWP/death. I never saw them as horrible people,just as heartbroken parents in denial,hoping against hope that their Caylee was still alive. I do not remember but he might have been the one to add LP to the mix.Jose is a :loser: just like his client IMO.IIRC one of the sisters(Con artist IMO) involved with befriending George was in a cell at the same jail as KC,maybe she was a plant as well.

I don't think anything is going on between those two, I think he is simply her defense attorney, after all, she is entitled to one. :loser: I also think he believes she is guilty of this crime, he's a smart man, he can see what is going on. However, he still has to defend her and create some reasonable doubt, that is his job. :twocents:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't psychopathy a "diagnosis" not recognized by the American Psychiatric Society?

If I'm rehashing something already known, my apologies, I haven't been following closely the past few months.

Psychopathy is not a diagnosis. Sociopath is not a diagnosis. There are reports that no personality disorder was diagnosed. Just because there was no diagnosis, it does not mean she could not be diagnosed.

What's going on between ICA and Baez?

Baez is a lousy liar. ICA is becoming increasingly unhappy with him because he is not efficient at lying like she is.

For this reason she is grasping for the attentions, and pities, of the others on her DT.

JB's tone and demeanor seems so different the past two days. It seems to me that he sounds defeated. Not good for his team. And what was going on with AF and CM suddenly participating in cross ? Didn't seem like any rhyme or reason to me. I keep remembering the day the jury selection was halted for a private problem. I wonder if something outside of the court is causing these changes.

I think Jose is now fully aware of how volatile Casey is. It would not surprise me if he is considering the allegations that are likely to come his way in the event the case does not proceed to Casey's liking.

He might be, hence the need for him to hammer in the she's a liar, liar, liar every chance he gets. He's thinking ahead.:twocents:

JB's tone and demeanor seems so different the past two days. It seems to me that he sounds defeated. Not good for his team. And what was going on with AF and CM suddenly participating in cross ? Didn't seem like any rhyme or reason to me. I keep remembering the day the jury selection was halted for a private problem. I wonder if something outside of the court is causing these changes.

AF is not in court until penalty phase. You are seeing DS.

I don't think anything is going on between those two, I think he is simply her defense attorney, after all, she is entitled to one. :loser: I also think he believes she is guilty of this crime, he's a smart man, he can see what is going on. However, he still has to defend her and create some reasonable doubt, that is his job. :twocents:
BBM - That right there is why I could never be a defense attorney. I could not find it within myself to try to get someone acquitted of charges I knew they were guilty of. I have a hard time understanding how anyone could. I know the business is lucrative, but it's blood money and I couldn't do it.

I agree that he sounds almost defeated. It could be because JB is watching how the jurors are responding to the evidence.

Wouldn't you just love to have been a fly on the wall when narcissist Baez had to explain to sociopath Casey Anthony why self-serving statements were not admissible in court.

I still think Baez should keep his hands off his client.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNOFVLkt6I4&feature=channel_video_title"]YouTube - ‪Casey Anthony: Murder Trial - Part 12 - 6/3/11‬‏[/ame]

At about 12.00min mark

Don't know if this is an inappropriate post, but who was KC flirting with today?

What kind of little fit did ICA have with JB?
It was at the end of the car evidence today.
In a viseo, it even looked like JB put his hand over her hand to get her to settle down, then he moved away from her.
I think Judge and Jury and left and din't see this..........

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briankap
Back