What is Misty hiding, IF anything?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What is Misty Hiding?

• Total voters
Sorry, I can not give any credibility to anything AHarris writes, therefore things he reports are not considered in my psuedo-analysis of the case.

If you are referring to my post about Misty's comments....they were not written by AH. They were stated by Misty on interview in the video.

She states RC has not talked to her badly that night...That all his words were only for the dispatcher...NOT MISTY.

To be able to assess any case, we should listen to both sides and not be swayed by just one. If people do not like a reporter, it is not prudent to dismiss words spoken by the people invoved in the case because you think the reporter is not relevant. Misty own words tell the story....not Art Harris's

Misty is being untrue to herself or deceiptful to the public and LE. If you believe she is untruthful to herself....is it just this one time???

To be able to assess any case, we should listen to both sides and not be swayed by just one. If people do not like a reporter, it is not prudent to dismiss words spoken by the people invoved in the case because you think the reporter is not relevant. Misty own words tell the story....not Art Harris's

Misty is being untrue to herself or deceiptful to the public and LE. If you believe she is untruthful to herself....is it just this one time???

Agree on looking at both sides, but it's possible the Misty didn't feel that Ron was being out of line / yelling at her or whatever that night. And if that's the case she's not being dishonest in the interview.

I am looking at both sides, maconrich. So are you saying that you don't believe she was being dishonest with herself?

The question wasn't "Was Ron out of line?" The question was, "Did Ron yell at you?" She says, "NO...he wasn't talking to me, he was talking to the officer on the phone"..snipped.

This was clearly covering up her feelings about Ron's behavior....OR to some people covering up for Ron, period.

Agree on looking at both sides, but it's possible the Misty didn't feel that Ron was being out of line / yelling at her or whatever that night. And if that's the case she's not being dishonest in the interview.

The remarks he made to her when she was trying to talk to the dispatcher on that 911 call (that just so happpend to be recorded) should be PROOF enough to her that he was being out of line and yelling at her...Not to mention the remarks that he made about her to LE when they arrived... I do believe his words can be found in the written police report also..

I am looking at both sides, maconrich. So are you saying that you don't believe she was being dishonest with herself?

The question wasn't "Was Ron out of line?" The question was, "Did Ron yell at you?" She says, "NO...he wasn't talking to me, he was talking to the officer on the phone"..snipped.

This was clearly covering up her feelings about Ron's behavior....OR to some people covering up for Ron, period.

Right that's what I'm saying. I do believe that Misty said it how she sees it - that Ron wasn't screaming at her. He was screaming at the officer on the phone. And technically she's right - he absolutely was talking to the 911 dispatcher. Also even if he had been talking directly to her, it's possible that she didn't feel he was screaming at her - it's all subjective, ykwim? And I've read your posts and do believe you're looking at both and every other side ;)

If we accept how Misty perceives this incident...and she doesn't believe he was yelling at her and most objective thinkers know he was yelling and at some point degrading her, can her interpretations of facts be trusted? IOW, this is one of the reasons why she is being scrutinized so severely. Her interpretations of the obvious are misguided.

Sorry - scratched most of the post because it didn't make sense even to me!
ok I don't think her interpretations of the obvious are misguided, but I do think they might be subjective. Do I think her interpretations can be trusted? Yes but possibly not without some digging even if it's just to make sure she's actually saying what one thinks she's saying. And I'd hope LE knows her well enuf by now to be able to understand her and work with the information she's provided.

Thank you for your response; however, I hear Ron degrading Misty. He speaks it loud and clear and in his very own words where all can hear it. If her perception is he wasn't talking to her or about her, she is more than misguided, she has severe emotional problems....most people would say she is a liar; not being subjective.

The fact that she is seventeen has no bearing, as a child would know if they are being yelled at by someone. Given the fact that it is not obvious to all that she lacks judgement and her perception is skewed, I will say that many people also would conclude that something is "very wrong" with this picture which may or may not include involvement of a crime.

If she is as immature as some say....what does that say about Ron marrying such a child with such emotional issues? These are some of the reasons that make people keep coming back to these two.

If you or anyone elsee would like to be able to jump into Misty's shoes, have at it! She is more than a handful to try and figure out....she gets no free pass from me. I think you are way too kind.

Thank you for your response; however, I hear Ron degrading Misty. He speaks it loud and clear and in his very own words where all can hear it. If her perception is he wasn't talking to her or about her, she is more than misguided, she has severe emotional problems....most people would say she is a liar; not being subjective.

The fact that she is seventeen has no bearing, as a child would know if they are being yelled at by someone. Given the fact that it is not obvious to all that she lacks judgement and her perception is skewed, I will say that many people also would conclude that something is "very wrong" with this picture which may or may not include involvement of a crime.

If she is as immature as some say....what does that say about Ron marrying such a child with such emotional issues? These are some of the reasons that make people keep coming back to these two.

If anyone would like to be able to jump into Misty's shoes, have at it! She is more than a handful to try and figure out....she gets no free pass from me.

Well, she had to know that he was talking to her imo. Didn't he actually call HER a b@tch while the 911 call was being made? :waitasec:

ETA- no free pass here either...nope....

Actually she says he wasn't screaming at her (thank you for putting up the video for the refresher), and since he was talking to the dispatcher that's correct. So I don't see that she was lying. Being 17 does have a bearing, imho, although it doesn't mean she's immature or not capable of taking care of herself, a husband and/or children. So I'm not giving her a free pass but I'm not ready to hang her either.

Actually she says he wasn't screaming at her (thank you for putting up the video for the refresher), and since he was talking to the dispatcher that's correct. So I don't see that she was lying. Being 17 does have a bearing, imho, although it doesn't mean she's immature or not capable of taking care of herself, a husband and/or children. So I'm not giving her a free pass but I'm not ready to hang her either.
He may not have "screamed" but he had anger behind his words. F'biotxh is not too nice.

There are so many studies on abusive behavior online or in print to open many peoples eyes to abuse. Sudden changes in behavior like the first video from crying to completely changing his behavior in an interview in front of my eyes and others, I am sure. Many abused victims don't notice this trait right away. They enable the abuser to keep on doin'. Sad.

He may not have "screamed" but he had anger behind his words. F'biotxh is not too nice.

There are so many studies on abusive behavior online or in print to open many peoples eyes to abuse. Sudden changes in behavior like the first video from crying to completely changing his behavior in an interview in front of my eyes and others, I am sure. Abused victims don't notice this trait right away. They enable the abuser to keep on doin'. Sad.

Didn't say what he said wasn't disrespectful, said he wasn't screaming at her (he was screaming at the person on the phone). I took his behavior as being tore apart with grief, being terrified and being highly po'd. I'd also be willing to consider the possibility that he may have initially thought that he knew who took Haleigh. - Not sure on that one at this point but it did cross my mind.

As far as behaviors common to abusers, I've lived them, but so far I'm not getting that impression from watching them when they're together or solo.

Thanks. That's what I was trying to say. Enablers don't see it many times.

Thanks. That's what I was trying to say. Enablers don't see it many times.
I agree, and I've been looking for it with R & M. So far I'm getting the impression he might not like the way she words things at times, but not that he's censoring what she says. - and considering that I find her words to be confusing myself, I'm not sure I disagree with him...

It's her right as a person to say anything she wants. Why should anyone stop her? She let's this happen. RC should let her speak in her words. Seems, some other family members let's him bully too. I don't like it. That's all. I feel it's detrimental to let him believe he's all that. MC should speak to LE honestly. RC too. We just might find this baby if they do. Night.

I voted for "she wasn't home", altho honestly I'm torn among several possibilities.

First--that she was out partying somewhere and is afraid to admit it (obviously the answer I chose).

Second--she was home but with someone (almost certainly another man) that she doesn't want Ron to know about (remember the "bouncing couch"??)

Third--she was home (alone or otherwise) and so stoned out of her head that she has no idea/memory what happened--and doesn't want to admit that either, for obvious reasons

And--saddest of all--she might know *exactly* what happened to that child because she did something to her (with or without Ron's help) and who would want do admit THAT?!

What totally baffles me is how an unsophisticated (and perhas not-so-bright) 17-year-old girl could stonewall the cops so long and so successfully. I find it unbelievable that police still cannot get a timeline out of her--much less anything else!!

imo, fwiw, Misty knew he was yelling at her. She also knew that his anger was being refocused toward the dispatcher and LE for asking what he considered stupid questions, and LE's slowness at arriving. Since as the call progressed, and his anger moved away from her and toward others, she was able to conceive that he wasn't angry at her. She does tend to have the ability of being in the moment, and after the moment is over, what happened in the past is no longer relevant. Imo, this is also how she feels about the truth, ie, not relevant.
What is Misty hiding? She is hiding the truth, from LE, and from herself as well. Why? Because in her mind, it isn't relevant. The only thing that matters to her is what she wants at the moment. I know this is a harsh opinion, but it isn't that unusual for people her age to feel self involved, and to create whatever she thinks others want to hear in order to escape discomfort.
Most people as they age recognize the futility of this value system, and grow more aware of the needs of others. I hold out hope for her, at least for now.
I also recognize that many young women are easily convinced of things that aren't true, simply because of the emotional attachment to a man.
I don't know if Misty is involved in Haleigh's disappearance. Imo, the information we have in the 911 recordings, and in the interviews point toward her guilt, but we have yet to learn what she is guilty of. moo.

I didn't vote, that I can recall, b/c hiding the truth wasn't one of the options.

It's her right as a person to say anything she wants. Why should anyone stop her? She let's this happen. RC should let her speak it not her words. Seems, some other family members let's him bully too. I don't like it. That's all. I feel it's detrimental to let him believe he's all that. MC should speak to LE honestly. RC too. We just might find this baby if they do. Night.
Sure it's her right and she doesn't hit me as being overly submissive - meaning I don't think RC or anyone else is taking advantage or her or putting words in her mouth. I do think it would be to her advantage to go for that ged or maybe check out an adult high school (often associated with community colleges). Not trying to judge her by saying that, just a thought.

But ITA that there shouldn't be any bullying - not from anyone. And people need to be honest for sure. Night :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marziaforevercherry
Back