What is Misty hiding, IF anything?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What is Misty Hiding?

• Total voters
I haven't locked into Misty as of yet, but now I am. I think if something had happened to Haleigh while Ron was gone, he would have never allowed her to be removed until he had said goodbye to her even if she had passed away. But the timeframe doesn't support that. Learning of the unknown truck in the neighborhood possilbe 1 or 2 a.m. The voice of a woman heard at abt 2:25, I believe the child died during the night, was carried to the area near the dumpster, the unknown truck retrieved her body and drove away. The voice inthe night was MC calling to the driver of the truck who had come to her aid.
The only way I could believe Ron was involved would be if Haleigh had an injury he inflicted over the weekend or that afternoon that worsened over night causing her to die. She could have attended school, played outside and had dinner with an internal injury and displayed no visible sign of it.
I just didn't want a little 17 year old or a dad to be responsible, but they are just acting too guilty.

The topic of this thread is What is Misty Hiding? not other subject discussion.

74 people on this board believe that Misty was not home the night of Haleigh's disappearance?

okay hear me out. I posted this on another thread but I don't think anyone read it because no-one responded to it. The thing is this, many people think that Misty wasn't home that night. OKay so answer me this....who propped open the door and why? A lot of posters here seem to think that Misty might have been at a friends house getting high or a few houses away so she propped open the door so she could hear the kids.

It was my understanding, according to the Locals thread in the parking lot that this was a mobile home community that was generally older people and it might be classified as sort of a retirement community or comparable. Every house and persons inside those houses were searched and re-searched, interviewed and re-interviewed. No-one has come forward stating Misty was with them or at their house that night. Now for Misty to be absent minded enough to prop open a door and still be able to hear the children would HAVE TO MEAN she would be in earshot....very close by....right? Yet no-one has come forward or even mentioned that Misty was with them on this night. Is everyone in that community lying to LE? Because the posters in the community are posting that they allowed LE to come in and search and re-search. I am sure if Misty was out wandering around that night someone would have said so by now. Maybe they have who knows. LE is being very tight-lipped.

I just don't know that Misty was out of the house that night. It is more believable that she was dead asleep and didn't hear someone come in or that she injured Haleigh herself and tried to fake an abduction. I just have been thinking a lot about the theory that Misty was out of the house and it just doesn't make sense. If she herself propped open that door.....she would have done it because she was close by and I can't see how if she was close by someone wouldn't have come forward with that info by now.

ANY THOUGHTS?

Misty is hiding someone or something about that night. I still think someone else was there or someone referred to has a different significance to the story.

74 people on this board believe that Misty was not home the night of Haleigh's disappearance?

okay hear me out. I posted this on another thread but I don't think anyone read it because no-one responded to it. The thing is this, many people think that Misty wasn't home that night. OKay so answer me this....who propped open the door and why? A lot of posters here seem to think that Misty might have been at a friends house getting high or a few houses away so she propped open the door so she could hear the kids.

It was my understanding, according to the Locals thread in the parking lot that this was a mobile home community that was generally older people and it might be classified as sort of a retirement community or comparable. Every house and persons inside those houses were searched and re-searched, interviewed and re-interviewed. No-one has come forward stating Misty was with them or at their house that night. Now for Misty to be absent minded enough to prop open a door and still be able to hear the children would HAVE TO MEAN she would be in earshot....very close by....right? Yet no-one has come forward or even mentioned that Misty was with them on this night. Is everyone in that community lying to LE? Because the posters in the community are posting that they allowed LE to come in and search and re-search. I am sure if Misty was out wandering around that night someone would have said so by now. Maybe they have who knows. LE is being very tight-lipped.

I just don't know that Misty was out of the house that night. It is more believable that she was dead asleep and didn't hear someone come in or that she injured Haleigh herself and tried to fake an abduction. I just have been thinking a lot about the theory that Misty was out of the house and it just doesn't make sense. If she herself propped open that door.....she would have done it because she was close by and I can't see how if she was close by someone wouldn't have come forward with that info by now.

ANY THOUGHTS?
Good points, Elle1919; I think Misty could have been out of the home that night or not; but whether she was home or not, in my opinion, is a red herring-ish sort of thing. IOW, I don't think Misty being there or her being gone has a direct link to whatever happened to Haleigh.

The same thing imo, goes for the idea of Misty having a side boyfriend. IMO, she may or may not have someone on the side, but I don't think that is necessarily relevant in my opinion to Haleigh's having gone missing.

I think Misty is definitely hiding something; But imo, what Misty is hiding is whatever Ron has instructed her to hide.

ANY THOUGHTS?

---
It is obvious to me at least, that someone has come forward with the story that Haleigh was somewhere getting hight or we would not be discussing this now. Cobra also stated that he had discovered this information by investigation and speaking with everyone and anyone in the area. The "rumor" seems to be coming from more than one source per the "rumor mill" and the PI's comments. I find it very believable, myself. But, I think that she came back to the house with someone and was caught by Haleigh "bouncing" on the couch with the someone.

Good points, Elle1919; I think Misty could have been out of the home that night or not; but whether she was home or not, in my opinion, is a red herring-ish sort of thing. IOW, I don't think Misty being there or her being gone has a direct link to whatever happened to Haleigh.

The same thing imo, goes for the idea of Misty having a side boyfriend. IMO, she may or may not have someone on the side, but I don't think that is necessarily relevant in my opinion to Haleigh's having gone missing.

I think Misty is definitely hiding something; But imo, what Misty is hiding is whatever Ron has instructed her to hide.
]
---
IMO, Misty possibly being out of the home that night and leaving the children unattended is child neglect. I think it is very instrumental to this case. Whoever Misty may have been fooling around with, if she was in the neighborhood partying, or if someone came over to the house and fooled around with Misty with the children in the next room, or if Misty was stoned and passed out and that is why someone could have come into the house and stole Haleigh right out from under her nose, ie., all of these scenarios are important and the truth needs to come out. Why Ron is directing Misty on what to say and marrying her is a real puzzle to me. I can't explain to myself why he would marry someone who maybe not telling the truth about the disappearance of Haleigh. I do think that when this puzzle is solved the real story will come out.

]
---
IMO, Misty possibly being out of the home that night and leaving the children unattended is child neglect. I think it is very instrumental to this case. Whoever Misty may have been fooling around with, if she was in the neighborhood partying, or if someone came over to the house and fooled around with Misty with the children in the next room, or if Misty was stoned and passed out and that is why someone could have come into the house and stole Haleigh right out from under her nose, ie., all of these scenarios are important and the truth needs to come out. Why Ron is directing Misty on what to say and marrying her is a real puzzle to me. I can't explain to myself why he would marry someone who maybe not telling the truth about the disappearance of Haleigh. I do think that when this puzzle is solved the real story will come out.
Drugs in the house would be one explanation, and he doesn't want to lose Jr. Just MOO!

I haven't followed this case real closely. I don't know what it is about this one, if it is just too many, or what, but everytime I start looking at it I want to just hop on a plane to FL and start slapping people around until someone comes clean. Sigh.
Anyway, FWIW, here are my thoughts from what I have picked up.

About the door being propped open. I have read the inside door would swing shut. If you are trying to carry something through a door, it would be more difficult to struggle with the door opening towards you than the door opening away from you. If an intruder propped the outside door open to keep from making noise, it seems he would also prop open the inside door. If he then went back in to unprop and close the inside door, why not the outside door, also?
I have children. There were several times I got in at night, where the kids had fallen asleep in the car, and I had to carry them in. I didn't prop open the door. However, if I had a bunch of stuff to carry into my house, or carry out of my house, I did prop it open.
I just can't bring myself to say what I think might have happened, since I could be way off base, and don't want this lingering in the online atmosphere. I'll look for a place to post in the parking lot, if anyone is interested.
Lanie

I couldnt bring myself to choose only one, too bad there isnt a "choose all that applies" in this poll..............Im personally thinking its the top first 4 choices......meaning all except #5.

So, because people voted for something on this poll, it makes it a fact? Does that mean every poll on this site means the same thing or is it just this one? Someone please explain this to me.

So, because people voted for something on this poll, it makes it a fact? Does that mean every poll on this site means the same thing or is it just this one? Someone please explain this to me.

Where is it stated as fact? :waitasec:

I presume it's a fact that people voted and that it tells us something about the commonly held opinions of the case. Not everything though since every poll usually leaves out some opinions and qualifiers that people might have in their minds and because not everyone votes in the poll.

I'm in the minority and believe that Misty is covering for Ron. I based my choice on the following facts:

• Misty's stories are consistently inconsistent --LE says she's the key to this case.
  • Since early on both Ron and Misty have referred to Haleigh in the past tense
  • Ron has continued to stick with Misty no matter how many times her story changes.

I'm in the minority and believe that Misty is covering for Ron. I based my choice on the following facts:

• Misty's stories are consistently inconsistent --LE says she's the key to this case.
  • Ron has continued to stick with Misty no matter how many times her story changes.

I agree 100%, and also would add that GGMS & TN in their complete acceptance of Misty's ever evolving story are probable accessories after the fact. They may not know for certain what happened to little Haleigh, but their blind devotion to Misty's story is very very telling of what they may think happened to her.

I'm with you. Ron does not strike me as the kind of guy who would be so in love with some girl he has known for 6 months he would be willing to turn a blind eye to her doing something horrible to his daughter, especially since, IMO, he seemed to love his daughter very much. The only thing that makes sense to me at this point is Ron has some responsibility for what happened to Haleigh, and Misty is covering for him.
Lanie

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991
Back