What Is the Defense Strategy #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
LKB is no longer on the defense, so anything she says makes no difference whatsoever, I would think, no? I mean, if JOSE said there was no nanny... that would be different. Maybe I"m wrong. I want her to go nanny so badly !! I do love a good train wreck.

I love a good train wreck too. I would LOVE for them to try and sell Zanny to the jury. But LKB would never have said that on national television if she did not have permission and the blessing of the Defense Team. imoo.

I think she is just trying and help them put it out there, float it out there, as a beacon. ' Sure, she lied, she stole, but that doesn't make her a killer.'

That is their way out of the Nanny Scenario. 'Sure, she LIED. So what? '

'Okay, she danced and drank a little, who doesn't? '

" What? So she stole from her best friend, and got a new tattoo...people grieve in different ways...leave her be,"

Found it!!

The police report for the gas cans was released back in August of 2008.
Post #8

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71772"]Official Documents-Audio-Arrest Updates No Discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

So, now I really do question what this burglary report is about: :waitasec:

4/26/2011
Discovery Documents pages 24712 - 24715 (Reports pertaining to burglary at 4937 Hopespring Dr.)

I tend to think it has more to do with Items # 7 and 8 (relating to calls made to Orlando Police Dept. and OCSO in Oct. 2008) in the Defense Notice of Supplemental Discovery - Date 4/16/2011

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/27597501/detail.html

I go back to - Are they going to now try to say that evidence found was stolen? :waitasec:

My apologies if this defense theory has already been proffered. All this talk of trauma and psych experts made me wonder about what we know, or think we know.
If they are going to try and pin any trauma on George for being abusive, physically, could they be trying to say that George's physical abuse caused the miscarriage that Casey was so upset about at the no clothes party?
Just thinking...

I love a good train wreck too. I would LOVE for them to try and sell Zanny to the jury. But LKB would never have said that on national television if she did not have permission and the blessing of the Defense Team. imoo.

I think she is just trying and help them put it out there, float it out there, as a beacon. ' Sure, she lied, she stole, but that doesn't make her a killer.'

That is their way out of the Nanny Scenario. 'Sure, she LIED. So what? '

'Okay, she danced and drank a little, who doesn't? '

" What? So she stole from her best friend, and got a new tattoo...people grieve in different ways...leave her be,"

This train wreck sounds real good!

Let them try Zanny the Nanny as the Prosecution will inform the Jury that
Zanny the Nanny " is Casey packing Xanax ".......They could go into how due to Cindy's making ICA feel more like a " Nanny " to Caylee then her Mother created the " Zanny the Nanny that lived in Casey's head. Therefore... Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury....no matter what nickname the DT calls the acused standing before you today......SHE alone is the murderer of Caylee Marie Anthony!

My apologies if this defense theory has already been proffered. All this talk of trauma and psych experts made me wonder about what we know, or think we know.
If they are going to try and pin any trauma on George for being abusive, physically, could they be trying to say that George's physical abuse caused the miscarriage that Casey was so upset about at the no clothes party?
Just thinking...

But what is the point of clouding the issue? Also, there is no proof of such a miscarriage or pregnancy and since the defense, imo, is going to lie about what really happened, then they do not need to bring in "events" that equally are unprovable. They have enough to ask the jury to "swallow".

But what is the point of clouding the issue?

Simply occurred to me if they are trying to say there was sexual abuse by GA, they have nothing to back it up. They are denying the fight on June 15th and the only other trauma we are privy to is her "miscarriage" that perhaps the DT would try to go there.
Also, I'm trying to piece together what we know with what fits. The SA says the trauma alleged was too far in the past. The alleged miscarriage was Feb. 2007, right?

Simply occurred to me if they are trying to say there was sexual abuse by GA, they have nothing to back it up. They are denying the fight on June 15th and the only other trauma we are privy to is her "miscarriage" that perhaps the DT would try to go there.

I don't think so, but maybe you are right.

I think that bringing in sexual abuse is going to be HUGE. First of all, George and Cindy have denied it through their attorney, Lippman, recently. But that doesn't mean the Defense still won't use it. But to bring in a miscarriage that cannot be proven to exist - I don't know. If they bring it in, they miight as well say it was George's kid.

I don't think they will do that. The prosecution is going to be thorough in their statement of facts and backing it up. The jury is going to know that this whole family lies. I think the defense is going to bring in one huge lie and ask the jury to believe it - without bringing in some more little ones - just mo.

I cannot wait for this opening statement. I just have no idea what Baez is going to say. I would bet money that they are going to deny she had anything to do with the murder of Caylee, but that the reason she waited 31 days is out of fear from George.

During a snippet on In Session this morning, Biaz was asked about a plea.
He said it would be solely up to ICA. (paraphrase) He also said that
ICA was helping in her own defense, that she was very intelligent with great
Intellect. Cough,cough
This was for his upcoming interview tomorrow.

He said it would be solely up to ICA. (paraphrase) He also said that
Intellect. Cough,cough

The DT just needs to pray for a miracle. Gag me, he thinks Casey is smart?!?!!? Your definition, Baez, of smart is someone who got themselves into this situation with a mountain of circumstantial evidence in the first place and can't tell the truth to save her own life? Then again, this is Baez calling someone smart. That's like the Three Stooges calling someone stupid.

I don't think so, but maybe you are right.

I think that bringing in sexual abuse is going to be HUGE. First of all, George and Cindy have denied it through their attorney, Lippman, recently. But that doesn't mean the Defense still won't use it. But to bring in a miscarriage that cannot be proven to exist - I don't know. If they bring it in, they miight as well say it was George's kid.

I don't think they will do that. The prosecution is going to be thorough in their statement of facts and backing it up. The jury is going to know that this whole family lies. I think the defense is going to bring in one huge lie and ask the jury to believe it - without bringing in some more little ones - just mo.

I cannot wait for this opening statement. I just have no idea what Baez is going to say. I would bet money that they are going to deny she had anything to do with the murder of Caylee, but that the reason she waited 31 days is out of fear from George.

Is there a longer version of the attorney release from George? Do you have a link handy? I have the short version and there is no mention of sexual abuse or denial at all. I know there is a longer version of this statement out there...somewhere? Anyone?

If it was an accident in the pool there would be no decomp there unless caylee was left lying (buried) the ground in the backyard.

Good point Beast. How long does a dead body have to lay on the ground then moved before a cadaver dog can pick up the scent?

Is there a longer version of the attorney release from George? Do you have a link handy? I have the short version and there is no mention of sexual abuse or denial at all. I know there is a longer version of this statement out there...somewhere? Anyone?

http://www.wftv.com/download/2011/0330/27373504.pdf

In it George denies any allegations that the defense may use (paraphrasing)

"
George Anthony had nothing to do with the death of Caylee Marie Anthony. He has
been investigated, deposed, examined, and cross examined by both the prosecution and the
defense and neither the defense team nor the State of Florida have maintained that he is at
fault in any way.
We assert that we will not engage in idle speculation regarding either the defense strategy or
the state strategy but make no mistake that any factual fallacy stated contrary to my client’s
well-being will be vigorously defended to every extent allowed by the law."

If it was an accident in the pool there would be no decomp there unless caylee was left lying (buried) the ground in the backyard.

As a GSD owner, lover and breeder, I had to respond to this. This is a big misconception.
It depends on what the dog is trained for. If it's early decomp, it can detect the smell within minutes.

Cadaver Dogs
Also known as ‘decomp dogs’, these specially trained canines are trained to follow the scent of decomposing flesh in order to locate the bodies of deceased human beings. Whether the cadaver is on the surface, buried underground or under water, a dog’s nose is powerful enough to pick up the scent and trace it back to its source. Cadaver dogs can not only locate actual human remains, but also the location in which a corpse or body parts may have previously been stored by tracking down residual scents. Depending on the use of the cadaver dog, they will be trained to detect specific decomposition odours. For example, some may be trained to detect odours associated with the early stages of decomposition, whereas others may be required to locate older remains.

http://forensicsciencecentral.co.uk/detectiondogs.shtml

He said it would be solely up to ICA.
(paraphrase) He also said that
Intellect. Cough,cough

This is the first time I've ever heard JB admit to even considering a plea. I think Kent is on to something.

He has spoken to Geraldo about a plea two years ago in Orlando and he said the same thing - it is up to KC.

IMO there is no way in the world that Casey would accept a plea and Jose would never let her to begin with. Casey is convinced that she is going to walk free, Jose is convinced that this case is going to make him a lot of money and into one of the most "must have" lawyers in Florida. Both have egos that are entirely to large to see the writing on the walls.

The nanny story is coming in no matter what the DT does at this point. Cindy talked about the nanny taking Caylee during her 911 calls. Casey talked about the nanny in her 911 conversation and also during her interview with LE. That in itself is going to be hard for a jury to swallow. It is clearly a lie and one that has not yet been explained. There must be a reason for Casey to lie about a nanny and to have lied about a nanny for an extended period of time, long before Caylee went "missing". Points to possible premeditation if it is "spun" correctly.

There is no easy way to explain that this was an accident. Casey had an advantage over most new moms in that her mother was a nurse and her dad ex-le. An accident occurs Casey should have known what to do or at least who to call. However that didn't happen. There is no proof of Casey being afraid of George or Cindy, but there is some proof of George and Cindy being afraid of Casey. The only way that the DT is going to get a jury to even possibly belive that this was an accident Casey will have to take the stand and testify herself and I belive that we all know that won't be happening.

As far as I can tell the DT has no defense whatsoever. Not even a slight one. The best that they can hope for is to keep Casey off of death row. Life in prison is Casey's only hope at this point. And in order for that to happen they need Casey to at least look as if she is sorry for what happened while in court, that she loved her daughter and that this is not just a big waste of time for her. I really doubt that is going to happen though as Casey simply does not have any sympathy for anyone but herself and can't act worth a carp!

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur
Back