DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember, there can't be any testimony tthat Inmate is a liar

What?

ETA: found it.

Doesn't matter about there being no testimony that KC is a liar because her words and actions speak for themselves, imo. Especially at Universal where she admits she lied.

There was a ruling 2 weeks ago that there can not be any direct testimony that the inmate is a liar. I am sure the fact that she is a liar will be brought in in other ways. I will look for the link.

I found it.

Meh, it doesn't matter.

No I don't think that is true at all, particularly after the last motions. Wasn't that about the Defense or someone else but not ICA.

The order did not say that at all. The news people messed up the story--not the first time. :banghead:

No I don't think that is true at all, particularly after the last motions. Wasn't that about the Defense or someone else but not ICA.

Wasn't it that witnesses cannot be called liars? And also OCSO and the jail personnel cannot be called liars? KC has already been determined to be a liar...she has 4 felonies in regards to lying.

Okay here is the motion which shows this request by the defense to prohibit introducing ICA as a liar was denied. However LDB agreed to some parts of it as you will read.

02/10/2011 Order Denying Motion in Limine Regarding Any Testimony That the Defendant has a History of Lying or Stealing

http://www.wesh.com/pdf/26824792/detail.html

:floorlaugh: I still think it will be rock, paper, scissors when they walk through the door for the start of trial. They do not have a clue even now. :great: ICA, Baez, CM can play the game and see which theory (lie) they go with.

Sooo we can throw rocks at them now as they walk through the door? :waitasec:

I'M IN!:woohoo:

The interesting thing with JB's 'strategy' is that he seems to think that he really has something.

As an example, from today's Frye hearing JB jabbed at LDB during the cadaver dog expert testimony about ... if LDB did not do her homework ...

We then watched LDB decompose the 'expert' witness Fairgreave piece by piece demonstrating her knowledge of cadaver dogs, decomp and, scents and clearly illustrating to the embarassment of the 'expert' and the Defense team (literally) that his knowledge and experience is weak at best and based purely on observation and reading ... as a hobby. Anecdotal.

JB was strutting over what he thought he was bringing to the table with this testimony and LDB simply and expertly deflated the bag taking all of the air out of the room.

The Defense and SA are in completely different classes and leagues and I think the Defense feels that it is unfair that they are doing their best and ... it simply isn't good enough.

They have a strategy for the beginners league but they are playing against experts in their field that do not suffer fools gladly.

IMO one piece of the DT strategy revealed during today's Frye hearings is surely this:

- however much of this sort of testimony is allowed at trial, the defense will do its level best to cast aspersions on the persons presenting the testimony and the techniques they used.

If the dogs are let in at trial, then we will hear much made of the fact that each dog and handler was let into the yard with no one else in the yard to observe the test. Implication--the handler "led" the dog to indicate where it did, or at least there is no independent observer to verify that the dog indicated where it did.

I think the FBI witness held her own today and that evidence (post-mortem root banding) should be allowed in, but still expect to see the defense/DCS attacking not the science but the scientist at trial. :cow:

I see what you mean, but, too bad for the defense..
neck breaking/ chloro searches.. shovel borrowing...
unusual use of handyman tape..
murder, movie and a Boink all in a 10 hour period....
to infinity..and beyond..
Might save her life,tho..lwop..

My suggestion was just targeted at the other posters explanation of Casey's lies and it's snowball effect spiraling from there. I agree that there is just tons and tons of evidence that can't be explained away. Much as they try and it does seem that is what they are attempting.

It surely shows that DSimms has NOT ever been in a criminal trial. She had no idea what a Frye hearing was for and how to go about things. Objection, Objection was so many and many sustained..Poor Judge finally sat back in his chair with hand on his forehead explaining to Ms. Simms, what you are doing is not for the hearing today. Its about methodology and is it acceptable..or words to that effect..:floorlaugh: I was laughing when Simms was on cross with FBI agent Lowe...poor woman really was trying to tell her the difference between death banding from a deceased person and a hair from enzymes banding, completely different looks...I don't think she's done well at all..Has no idea about criminal cases...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Jose is still trying to Gotcha!
When discussing the Arpad Vass CD with 5,281 pages at first he said he would only use 1 or 2 pages, then it went to "We will only use a handful" and then "We're not intending on using any of those 5,000 pages." Well that still leaves 281, doesn't it?

I think the strategy is to baffle with BS. I read the transcript from yesterday's JVM just to see what she had to say since I can't stomach her. She was shocked, SHOCKED at yesterday's "news" of this hair that showed decomp. She said she has to say this is not good news for the defense. Where has she been? The D team has been feeding the press their PR and people are forming opinions who don't have a first clue of the evidence.

I've said it before and I will say it again (and again most likely) I wish ICA had an AMAZING defense team, everyone deserves a good defense and no hope for appeal and whatnot....but also, I would love LOVE to see JA and LDB in full warrior mode because they are clearly so amazing at what they do, but mopping the floor with ICA's defense team must be like taking candy from a toddler.

:great: :great:

The only "defense strategy" I am seeing right now is a "Junk Defense" ...

Let's see what "junk" we can throw at the wall and let's see what "junk" will stick on the wall !

:cow:

It is just imcomprehensible to me how an attorney can represent someone who has repeatedly lied ... (and I do BELIEVE in the right to a fair trial and that everyone deserves a defense ...) but seriously ...

How can ANY attorney represent Casey after the "Zanny the Nanny" Fairy Tale ?

How can ANY attorney represent Casey who did not report her daughter missing for 31 days and partied it up in bars while her daughter was missing ?

I just cannot wait to see Justice for Caylee !

My suggestion was just targeted at the other posters explanation of Casey's lies and it's snowball effect spiraling from there. I agree that there is just tons and tons of evidence that can't be explained away. Much as they try and it does seem that is what they are attempting.

Oh, yes, um..hehe.understood..I happily read along, so many dorky ideas running in my head at all times../.. agree with everyones flowing comments..
I sorta lost my head and tagged your post to pop in and flap my gums.
Warning to others..I'll do it too you, too..Muah haha
I'm a noob jumping on the furniture..hehe..

Very frustrating watching all things Frye, today.. Let's roll this thing along.
ICA's Defense.
"Everything is a grand coincidence."
McPeep

Oh, yes, um..hehe.understood..I happily read along, so many dorky ideas running in my head at all times../.. agree with everyones flowing comments..
I sorta lost my head and tagged your post to pop in and flap my gums.
Warning to others..I'll do it too you, too..Muah haha
I'm a noob jumping on the furniture..hehe..

Very frustrating watching all things Frye, today.. Let's roll this thing along.
ICA's Defense.
"Everything is a grand coincidence."
McPeep

OT, love your username. :) OT, The defense has had Dr. Vass investigated and JP asked him about that after he had already granted more investigation hours. Sounds like JB is trying for character assassination for the most important state witnesses.

After watching these hearings the past two days, :banghead: the only defense strategy I see is that they may try to bore the jury to death or drive them to faking illness/injury to escape and hope for a new trial with a brain dead judge who will let them do whatever they want....

The defense team's antics - attacking witnesses on a personal level, making snide remarks to the SAs, arguing and disrespecting the judge, desperately (sp) trying to confuse witnesses with convoluted, nonsensical questions - are going to sooooo turn off any jury, they aren't going to believe anything the defense finally does present. You can't create "reasonable" doubt in a jury if they've tuned you out, and that's the ONLY option they have left.

The facts that the SAs are going to present, calmly, coolly, respectfully, are going to drown out the annoying whining of the DT, like thunder drowns out the sound of a moth's wings flapping.......MOO

CAYLEE WILL HAVE JUSTICE!

I'm starting to think that the defense strategy involves actually killing the judge with their motions and inanity. I mean this has to be a plan right? It can't actually be this bad. I mean so far it's been like somebody decided to televise a political debate between George Will and "Snookie" from the Jersey Shore?

I'm starting to think that the defense strategy involves actually killing the judge with their motions and inanity. I mean this has to be a plan right? It can't actually be this bad. I mean so far it's been like somebody decided to televise a political debate between George Will and "Snookie" from the Jersey Shore?

Sadly, I think it can.

Magpie over at HM has a good take on today: http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/03/24/caylee-anthony-case-magpie-reports-on-032411-hearing/#more-6483

after watching today's hearing, i'm even more convinced and content (perhaps even as content as casey is knowing caylee IS dead) that the defense truly has NOTHING!!! NOTHING! poor air sample guy. i feel for him. i think the only thing baez can do is...maybe prove a girlfriend is cheating or something. ...maybe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member