What questions are still unanswered?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the jury was feeling so sick when signing the verdict papers, why didn't they step back, think again, do a better job of deciding the case and walk out confident that they had made a decision that they could live with?

I agree. Maybe before signing that form and permanently leaving the deliberation room, a juror should ask himself, "Wait a minute. Since I am convinced she is guilty, then what is it that causes me to think that?" Let's assume that it isn't just "intuition" or a gut feeling. I think that most who think she is guilty base it on the mountain of circumstantial evidence, not just that we don't like her or that she looks guilty.

I'd like to know why Casey didn't just dump Caylee's body in a pond with alligators? It would never have been found. I also believe that Casey wouldn't have gone to all the trouble to make chloroform, but may have drowned or smothered Caylee. Much easier. The motive, I think, was spite. She knew who Caylee's death would hurt the most--her parents.

JMO

For many, including me, it's an unsolved case. Personally, I majored in Psych and had enough hours for a minor in Sociology (I transferred during my college years, so no real minor).

Sociology as a subject has been cut out at many universities because of budget cuts, and sadly so. It's a study of how humans group, relate, and form structures. I've known plenty of students that benefited from a SOC class or two, such as my urban planner husband.

Sociology has become very relevant, again, because of social media, and I daresay this case is pertinent to the subject. Unfortunately, it's not being studied in upper education.

As one who has (somewhat) studied sociology, I'm fascinated as to the public reaction to this case as it is playing out. I've been told to "get over it." I'm over the verdict (well, I'm interested in the jurors' thinking and if a failure happened). I'm too interested in the human condition to not pay attention. It's a hobby of sorts.
Although, I'm concerned that a sweet girl's death will never be explained.

BBM
That is such a great answer! I have a degree in Sociology and several years of experience in interviewing child abuse suspects. As an RN, I was also a crisis unit and outpatient psych therapist (now retired). This case is rich in opportunities for learning. Plus, there's that "hinky" factor that we just can't ignore. The Caylee Anthony killing has not been "solved."
:banghead:

BBM
That is such a great answer! I have a degree in Sociology and several years of experience in interviewing child abuse suspects. As an RN, I was also a crisis unit and outpatient psych therapist (now retired). This case is rich in opportunities for learning. Plus, there's that "hinky" factor that we just can't ignore. The Caylee Anthony killing has not been "solved."
:banghead:

I agree it hasn't been solved. I am very interested in what Wendy Murphy is proposing, although I really don't know much about her.

I know there is a video sealed, but are there really pictures and warrants that are still under seal? And if they are related to the sexualization of Caylee I don't understand why they weren't used in the trial, although I have one guess.

It could be that the state thought they would be able to get her DP for murder rather than wading into prostitution and child *advertiser censored*.

Good gosh. Her theory does make sense of the nonsensical case and theories on drowning during the trial. Or is she just throwing out wild theories?

For me, almost everything is left unanswered. We are left not knowing exactly how or when Caylee died; if the computer searches really had anything to do with plotting a murder or not; if Caylee was killed by accident and Casey did try an insane cover-up; if the fight on June 15th really took place the way it has been described; when Cindy finally knew that Caylee was dead; when George really knew that Caylee was dead; what Lee knows, if anything, that he has not revealed; etc...etc...

In fact I can't think of anything I know for sure after the trial that I did not know before the trial. Less, in fact, since some things never came in, the MS page, things Casey had said or written to other friends not called as witnesses about Caylee or motherhood or Cindy, any specific times when Caylee is unaccounted for prior to June 16th...for me, nothing was answered for sure by this trial and never will be...

JMO

I agree it hasn't been solved. I am very interested in what Wendy Murphy is proposing, although I really don't know much about her.

I know there is a video sealed, but are there really pictures and warrants that are still under seal? And if they are related to the sexualization of Caylee I don't understand why they weren't used in the trial, although I have one guess.

It could be that the state thought they would be able to get her DP for murder rather than wading into prostitution and child *advertiser censored*.

Good gosh. Her theory does make sense of the nonsensical case and theories on drowning during the trial. Or is she just throwing out wild theories?

I thought her article was interesting too, but during the OCSO interview yesterday, they were specifically asked if there were photos under seal. Yuri said No, everything they had the SA's office had, and none were under seal.

Reportedly, Natalie Wood's parents immigrated to the U.S. from Russia. Her birth name was Natalia Nikolaevna Zakharenko. She left behind two children.

As you noted, Wood's death was suspicious or at least somewhat of an enigma, and in fact Natalie's sister Lana tried in 2010 to have her death investigation reopened by the LA county sheriff's office.

I don't know how this turned out, but it reminds me that IIRC, no one has ever been punished legally in criminal court for the deaths of Jon-Benet Ramsey, Nicole Brown-Simpson, Ronald Goldman, or Caylee Anthony. There will naturally be ongoing curiosity for the reasons behind this outcome.
:waitasec: :websleuther: :sigh: :candle:

BBM
And, don't forget LIZZIE BORDEN! She was aquitted because the jury could not believe that a lady could have done such a grizzly deed, although the evidence was definitely damning. ICA's jury had trouble with the very idea of a mother killing her child. JMHO
:maddening:

Another thing I have been thinking about is what this family was like before Caylee came along...Lee A. was still living at home into his twenties and from his testimony about being so hurt for being "left out" of Casey's pregnancy, comes off as sounding very childlike to me; Casey clearly has some behaviors of a spoiled child, IMO. Were these two ever going to grow up and move out and start their own lives, if not for the change in the household? I just have a feeling that both of them were treated and raised in a way to stay "little children" by Cindy, dependent upon her for everything, no matter how resentful they might become, etc...

Just thinking aloud that this was always a very weird household and that Casey getting pregnant forced changes that some of them were not prepared to deal with. I don't think Casey ever thought of Caylee as her responsibility in any real way, rather like a diversion, something to play with and then leave to her mother when it wasn't "fun" anymore. And I don't think she ever forgave Cindy for holding Caylee first, not because she was desperate to bond but because she was reacting like a spoiled child.

Okay, I am babbling...just can't get the idea out of my mind that this family was totally weird, creepy strange, etc...and that the "flowers in the attic" is not that far off as descriptions go, except I am not sure if the weirdness comes from sexual abuse issues or just some sort of parenting syndrome, i.e. keeping your children as babyish as possible in order to feel they need you.

I didn't read your post when I posted my thoughts and our concerns are similar. Did Casey walk through the edge of the woods behind her house to get to the area where Caylee was found? Carrying the body would have been awkward and heavy for Casey if Caylee was in a garbage bag. The laundry bag was likely used to carry her using her shoulder if there is a loop on the bag. Someone must have seen or heard something. Someone gagging/vomiting. Dogs barking in their yards. Something.

Keep in mind, the area Caylee was found in, although close to the A house, wasn't that close that I could ever see the body being carried (I've been to both sites personally). When you get on Suburban Drive, once you get down past the backyards, there's really nothing except woods and a school at the end. At night, there really would be no reason for anyone to be down that way if the school wasn't open for activities. A car could have easily driven up and not been spotted IMO.

I think George is lying about when he last saw ICA leaving with Caylee.

I wish I had the clip (anyone?) in which GA describes in excruciating detail what ICA and /or Caylee were wearing on what would have been, at the time a routine day.....

Iow, I can see a man (or woman) remembering what someone wore if there were some outstanding reason AT THE TIME to recall it at all....

But at that time (before anything supposedly had happened) he had no reason to recall in such detail what they were wearing. sheesh..

I say supposedly bc I think ICA and Caylee had left already and Caylee may have already been killed.

moo

I had the same reaction, but I assumed GA was simply mistaken, not lying. I was surprised that the prosecution didn't challenge his memory on this, because his memory does suggest that something noteworthy happened that day (such as Caylee drowning in the pool???) and GA was there to witness it.

If the jury was feeling so sick when signing the verdict papers, why didn't they step back, think again, do a better job of deciding the case and walk out confident that they had made a decision that they could live with?

Exactly. One would think that sick feeling in the pit of their stomachs would have alerted them that they might possibly be doing the wrong thing.

I had the same reaction, but I assumed GA was simply mistaken, not lying. I was surprised that the prosecution didn't challenge his memory on this, because his memory does suggest that something noteworthy happened that day (such as Caylee drowning in the pool???) and GA was there to witness it.

I think George is lying about remembering that day because he's changed his story about what happened. One time he said he watched Casey & Caylee walk out the door. One time he said he walked out with them & placed Caylee in her car seat. On the stand, he even went so far as to say that he asked Caylee what she was going to be doing that day and Caylee said "Going to Zanny's." The only thing I can't figure out is why he lied. If he didn't remember what happened that day, why didn't he just say that?

ETA -- I also find Cindy's statement about how she could hear Casey & Caylee 'breathing' through the wall very suspect.

I also believe that Casey wouldn't have gone to all the trouble to make chloroform, but may have drowned or smothered Caylee. Much easier. The motive, I think, was spite. She knew who Caylee's death would hurt the most--her parents.

JMO

I agree about the motive, and also believe that Casey would not have gone to the trouble to make chloroform. I think Caylee was killed at home on June 16 after GA left for work. We know from cell phone pings that Casey was around her home that whole day. I believe she deliberately drowned Caylee, because any weapon other than the pool could/would have been used in a more private location. I think this explains why the cadaver dogs hit on the back yard and the area of the pool. I think Casey called CA and GA all afternoon to make sure they weren't in or near the house. I think the duct tape was to make sure that if Caylee came to, she would not be able to breathe (if you've never drowned someone before, how can you be sure they're really dead as opposed to just unconscious?) Or else it was used to make the drowning look like a kidnapping in case Caylee's body was discovered. I believe the body was in the back yard (maybe the dollhouse) for a day or two and that's why Casey backed her car into the garage (yard)? later on that week. To dispose of the body before it started to smell and was found.

I have a million questions too. First and foremost, why the prosecution didn't try harder to bring in the fight between Cindy and Casey the night of June 15th. And why Casey didn't have an abortion before anyone found out about the pregnancy. And what Lee was talking about when he wailed "CMA, I love you." at Caylee's memorial service.

On the subject of the duct tape, I know many people believe there is no reason to place duct tape on a child after that child is already dead. I pretty much believe that, as well. However, I watched an episode of 20/20 (online streaming) the other day that made me go 0_0. The story was about a teenager who killed his 10 year old brother. He choked him to death, then placed duct tape over his mouth and put him in a black plastic bag. He then turned himself in to police. So, why in the world did he put the duct tape on the child's mouth? Strange story.

I may have missed this, but did we ever find out where/what/how Casey existed while pretending to be employed. I mean , that was a job in itself--8 hrs a day to do what/go where??? When I think of all those days with her beautiful daughter--I wonder what she did with Caylee??:waitasec:

1. Where did ICA get the ingredients necessary to make chloroform ?
2. When did Baez know that Caylee was on Suburban Drive ?
3. Why did ICA kill Caylee instead of giving custody to CA ?
4. Why did RK not go over to Hopespring Drive and contact the media when Deputy Cain blew him off ?
5. Why didn't George call 911 at the tow yard ? Is it because CA was chirping in his ear about the potential consequences to ICA ?
6. When did Caylee really die ? I believe it was the night of the 16th-17th as ICA left her in the trunk while at TL's apartment.
7. Did the heart-shaped sticker actually come from ICA's bedroom ?

And the most important question ...

8. How could this jury not put all of the circumstantial evidence together to convict ICA as to the exclusion of all others ?
BBM: Although I still think Casey acted alone and her parents knew nothing about the crime, I, too, wonder why the smell of a dead body in the trunk didn't concern George and Cindy more while at the tow yard. George says he was very relieved when they opened the trunk and found that Casey and/or Caylee weren't inside, but, to me, that wouldn't mean that one of them hadn't been inside the trunk at some point. I would have freaked and called the police right then, without moving the car.

I had the same question as "R.U. Kidding" Where did CA go while claiming she was at work and Caylee was at "Zanny's?" Even if she returned home after her parents left for work, wouldn't she worry that one of them may come home early or come home sick, etc? I also just do not understand why Cindy nor George really inquired about this "Zanny" character that was watching Caylee.

I had the same question as "R.U. Kidding" Where did CA go while claiming she was at work and Caylee was at "Zanny's?" Even if she returned home after her parents left for work, wouldn't she worry that one of them may come home early or come home sick, etc? I also just do not understand why Cindy nor George really inquired about this "Zanny" character that was watching Caylee.

I think the question about what Casey and Caylee did while G&C were working will be something that will make people wonder for a long time.

In this thread and other threads, people have put out some good theories which they based on because of LE interviews with Casey's friends and stuff the A's said.

Casey often told people that her "event planning job" at Universal sometimes didn't have set hours and that she could sometimes work from home. Also she fabricated Universal emails to make it seem that she had to work at night events. George and Cindy could have believed the emails and they probably babysat Caylee some nights while Casey was "working" but really partying. When Casey pretended to work at night, she probably stayed home with Caylee the next day.

I think there were probably days Casey and Caylee stayed home and maybe KC feared George or Cindy coming home early.

Other theories about were Casey and Caylee went during the day involve Casey's friends. I think there was one friend who was a college student who said that Casey and Caylee would visit her during the day when she wasn't in class or working. Casey probably knew which friends would be home during the day to hang out with.

I also wonder why George and Cindy never deeply inquired about Zanny. I can maybe see that George might not have but Cindy seems very controlling and I'm surprised she never asked to meet Zanny.

8TruSeek8,

Agreed, and don't you think it odd that neither Cindy or George never demanded to see their granddaughter for 31 days. They had been accustomed to living with Caylee, seeing her everyday--then 31 days of excuses from Casey. I would think, knowing Casey the way they did, they would be all over that situation a lot sooner. Always bothered me---I mean I would be very upset if I couldn't at least talk to my granddaughter after a week, let alone not see her....and I don't have a crazy person for a daughter.

It's obvious they walked on eggshells around KC, didn't want to upset her, and asking her questions she doesn't want to answer is a sure-fire way to do that.

I strongly feel that KC used Caylee as a pawn with her parents. She knew how much they adored Caylee and all KC had to do was threaten a few times to take Caylee away and never let them see her again, and they would bend over backwards to make KC happy. I also think she probably made them feel guilty about the fake nanny. "I don't have any money because I have to pay the nanny" that sort of thing.

I believe that is why Cindy allowed KC to steal money from her and even put money in KC's bank account! I think that why they never pushed the Zanny issue, or asked her for proof. KC would get PO'd and they didn't want her to storm off with Caylee.

I think the final straw was KC stealing from her ailing grandfather's bank account. Cindy had it with her in March 2008 when she closed off her bank account to her, then she finds out she's stealing (again) from her grandparents. I think that sent Cindy off the deep-end and we know what the result of that was. KC got back at her mom in the worst way possible.

Anyway, that's my long-winded explanation of why they never questioned her more about Zanny.

Edited to add:

I think that KC was out shopping all day, in between going home with Caylee during the time she lied about working at Universal. She spent thousands of dollars shopping. I would be curious to know if any nosey neighbors ever recall seeing her car at the house during the day, day after day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member