What statements do you think will impact the jury the most?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think the FACT that Jose said Caylee died in the early morning hours, actually the exact time isn't known, actually it was the early morning hours a.m. is crucial. He said George came out holding Caylee in his arms - no one would forget the time of this (being in the morning hours) - which he now denies. It is unbelievable that he would deny saying this when it is on tape. LDB is going to refute this on closing statements or even before and will show KC's e-mails on the home computer. This is huge because it shows an absolute lie about the time of death and that is KC's doing. It is no small detail. He denied this yesterday right before lunch when he asked that the computer evidence of June 16th be kept out because the State did not point it out to him. You can't make this up.

http://www.wftv.com/video/28009322/index.html at around 29.00 (also notice right before then Cheney tells KC to cover her face and motions with his hands.

http://www.wftv.com/video/28009322/index.html at around 29.00 (also notice right before then Cheney tells KC to cover her face and motions with his hands.

Ok just watched this again, and I am struck again by other weird things in JB's explanation... Are we to believe that they searched high and low in this house, under beds and in closets, while never going out the presumably still open back-door? Or are we to believe Caylee was careful enough to shut the door behind her in her glee to get to the pool? We've seen these doors - these aren't doors which automatically shut behind you. AND, I would bet that if Caylee had snuck out the backdoor, the Anthony dogs would have been right behind her.

I do think his morning/afternoon/morning slip is odd. I also think it is unbelievable for GA to find Caylee after this lengthy frantic search and in total silence, climb the ladder for the pool, jump in fully clothed, pull Caylee out, get the two of them fully clothed back up and out of the pool and then back down the ladder in total silence, silently carry her back across the lawn and both of them fully soaked and dripping are in the hallway for GA to yell at ICA. Now I am adding to my implausible list "searching the whole house without looking out in the backyard where the backdoor was probably open and dogs were probably unexpectedly out".

I think the medical examiner testiomny as to how she determined maner of death will stick with the jurors.

This technical, CSI-stuff has its place, but its importance was lessened to some extent by JB's opening statement as to accidental drowning. And more importantly the jury is just like us in that we just cannot believe a mother would be out partying for 30 days while, presumably, her daughter was missing.

Another thing that will stick with them are the witnesses who testified about the smell of the car. That is more powerful, imo, than any of this technical testimony.

I just heard something today that was in Mr. Baez's opening statements, that I forgot, or maybe I didn't hear the whole thing. Cindy told her co-workers that she thought someone had been swimming in the pool because the ladder was down? Wouldn't Cindy had said something in the jail house interview when they brought up the latest theory that Caylee drowned in the pool? Like that reminds me someone left the ladder down the day you moved out with Caylee? Or did someone leave the ladder down? I don't think Casey saying surprise surprise would have cut it with Cindy, if that ladder was down.

The following statements are not exact quotes:

Cindy Anthony testified today that she did searches on her computer for Chlorophyll to seek out a reason why her dog was so sleepy. She was worried that her dog was eating from the bamboo tree that may have been effecting her small dog. She said that lead to her looking up chloroform which came up in her search because they also have some of the same bacteria and also a pop up video on neck break showed up along with a kid skate boarding. She also looked up acetone because of using nail polish on Caylee.

Really for me it was the voice of the 911 operator. When you listen to that call the woman sounds sort of like a dippy idiot who is just punching the buttons and going through the motions.

(no offense she just doesn't sound very bright)

When she asked Casey why she didn't call before now, it was just so honest and simple that I think all of this is for naught. The woman is going to get LWOP. Because it's just that simple of a case. Even a simple person can see that a mom who has a kid missing for 31 days and doesn't call for help did so because she knows the kid is dead.

These are not direct quotes.

Lee Anthony told jurors today in tears about how his feelings were hurt when he was not told or invited by his mother or sister to the hospital when his niece was about to be born, why was this kept a secret from him?

These are not direct quotes.

Lee Anthony told jurors today in tears about how his feelings were hurt when he was not told or invited by his mother or sister to the hospital when his niece was about to be born, why was this kept a secret from him?

that doesn't seem too weird to me. i have quite a few friends, as well as two personal birth experiences, that tell similar stories. personally, i did not want lots of people at my births. i am a quiet, shy person and would NEVER want my brother around watching me give birth. you are really vulnerable when you are giving birth. even if everything goes smoothly, there is such a rush of emotion and hormones. not everyone wants people to see them in this vulnerable state, and i wager casey wouldn't enjoy having her brother watching her push a baby out. after you give birth, you are again in a hormonal and emotional state, trying to learn to breastfeed, meeting your new baby, and not everyone wants visitors during this time. i know several people, self included, who did not announce ANYTHING until after the baby was born. birth doesn't always go as planned and not everyone enjoys the feeling of telling someone you're in labor and knowing everyone you know waiting for further updates.

personally, i told everyone except for VERY close friends and family that i was due two weeks later than i was due, because i have the type of family who would call me every day at the end of pregnancy asking for an update. you're crabby, you feel like you're a million years pregnant, and the last thing you want is several calls a day saying "HAVE YOU HAD THAT BABY YET?" see http://www.haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/ for a funny redirect link that i have seen several friends share in late pregnancy.

hormonally you tend to want to have peace, quiet, and safety during birth, rather than lots of people around you. OBVIOUSLY not everyone is like this but ICA strikes me as the type who would not want many people to see her vulnerable, emotional, hormonal, at least partially naked, and pushing a baby out/learning how to breastfeed/recuperating from the birth process.

so i don't think that's too weird that she didn't want her brother on stand-by while she was giving birth.

that doesn't seem too weird to me. i have quite a few friends, as well as two personal birth experiences, that tell similar stories. personally, i did not want lots of people at my births. i am a quiet, shy person and would NEVER want my brother around watching me give birth. you are really vulnerable when you are giving birth. even if everything goes smoothly, there is such a rush of emotion and hormones. not everyone wants people to see them in this vulnerable state, and i wager casey wouldn't enjoy having her brother watching her push a baby out. after you give birth, you are again in a hormonal and emotional state, trying to learn to breastfeed, meeting your new baby, and not everyone wants visitors during this time. i know several people, self included, who did not announce ANYTHING until after the baby was born. birth doesn't always go as planned and not everyone enjoys the feeling of telling someone you're in labor and knowing everyone you know waiting for further updates.

personally, i told everyone except for VERY close friends and family that i was due two weeks later than i was due, because i have the type of family who would call me every day at the end of pregnancy asking for an update. you're crabby, you feel like you're a million years pregnant, and the last thing you want is several calls a day saying "HAVE YOU HAD THAT BABY YET?" see http://www.haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/ for a funny redirect link that i have seen several friends share in late pregnancy.

hormonally you tend to want to have peace, quiet, and safety during birth, rather than lots of people around you. OBVIOUSLY not everyone is like this but ICA strikes me as the type who would not want many people to see her vulnerable, emotional, hormonal, at least partially naked, and pushing a baby out/learning how to breastfeed/recuperating from the birth process.

so i don't think that's too weird that she didn't want her brother on stand-by while she was giving birth.

It was o.k. for him to protect her from the crowd that wanted to kill her. I'm not saying he would have to be there for the actual birth, but at least invite him in to say hello and I'll be outside if you need me.

Cindy Anthony testified to the fact that she did tell co-workers that the ladder was not put away and the gate was open. I'm not sure whether she said up or not put away. Once again I am paraphrasing.

I'll go with the Jailhouse Tapes. Spoke volumes to her character and relationship with her parents. Blew the DT's OS completely out of the water -- was inestimably damaging. I do not see how the DT can overcome them without essentially proving their wild OS -- she will not walk, even if she doesn't get convicted for Murder 1.

:cow:

Wow where do you start, JB opening stmt, CA I don't know what my computer does, LA I lived in the house but never saw Caylees nursery .......Dr G IT WAS A HOMICIDE.

For 31 days Calle was missing before it was reported to the authorities by Casey Anthony and that was ONLY because her mother made her call them.........GUILTY. Oh and by the way she was the last one to see her alive. Please tell me again why are we wasting millions of taxpayer's dollars on this trial? JMHO

It's hard to pick just one thing, but I have to say that Dr. G's testimony was a knockout homerun. The 911 calls, the jail phone calls, the jail visits, the smell of death and KC's lying in elaborate detail all are a close second. I don't think the forensics are a huge factor, but they are still important.

Wouldn't it be great if the jury could hear about KC's reaction to the search in JBP versus the find on Suburban? And wouldn't it be great if they could hear about the way KC acted when she was out on bail for 9 days? I think after this is all over, when the jury members read about stuff that didn't come into evidence, they will be shocked if they don't give her murder 1.

For 31 days Calle was missing before it was reported to the authorities by Casey Anthony and that was ONLY because her mother made her call them.........GUILTY. Oh and by the way she was the last one to see her alive. Please tell me again why are we wasting millions of taxpayer's dollars on this trial? JMHO

Actually it was Cindy Anthony that reported the child missing. If is wasn't for Cindy constantly questioning Casey, where is Caylee and the grandparents mostly Cindy hounding Casey where Caylee is, we probably would never know that Caylee was missing and dead. This country is a great country because everyone deserves and gets a trial. Imagine you are in the wrong place at the wrong time and you get caught up in a murder, wouldn't you want the right to trial? It happens all the time and a lot of people are free because the truth was testified to in trial, and they were found innocent because of the truth. It's in the constitution and what the great country was founded on. JMO the system is not perfect but LE works way beyond the call of duty to get to the truth.

I think the 911 call and what Dr. G said will stick in their minds.

I think alot of it will stick in their minds. I'd want them to remember this: I sure do.
*She was Chloroformed
*She was chloroformed and had duct tape over her mouth and nose
*She was chloroformed and had duct tape over her mouth and nose and wrapped in her blanket.
*She was chloroformed and had duct tape over her mouth and nose and wrapped in her blanket and stuffed in a garbage bag.
*She was chloroformed and had duct tape over her mouth and nose and wrapped in her blanket and stuffed in a garbage bag and then stuffed into a second garbage bag.
*She was chloroformed and had duct tape over her mouth and nose and wrapped in her blanket and stuffed in a garbage bag and then stuffed into a second garbage bag then placed in a canvas laundry bag.
*She was chloroformed and had duct tape over her mouth and nose and wrapped in her blanket and stuffed in a garbage bag and then stuffed into a second garbage bag then placed in a canvas laundry bag and was for a period of time in the trunk of her Mother's car.

Then she was tossed into the swampy woods in trash heap 15 house down from her Mother's home and was left there to rot. While her Mother partied, slept around, stole and lied, had a tattoo. She was living it up.

Not a statement exactly, but the thing that settles it for me is the duct tape. If I were a juror who didn't want to convict for whatever reason, if I tried really, really hard, I could possibly find holes in the state's case or explain away statements and other evidence. But the duct tape remains. You don't put tape on a person that is already dead. You don't wrap them in duct tape just to shut them up. You put tape all around their head when you want to kill them. So the Anthony's can say anything they want and so can Casey. But that duct tape is still there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj
Back