What will Cindy's Role be in Upcoming Events?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Cindy's Role in Upcoming Events

• Cindy will play a prominent part in the trial for the prosecution

Votes: 123 26.3%
  • Cindy will play a prominent part in the trial for the defense

Votes: 95 20.3%
  • Cindy's main role in the trial will be as a support to her daughter

Votes: 189 40.5%
  • Cindy is starting to lose faith in her daughter and will be a no show.

Votes: 60 12.8%

• Total voters
I agree with you. I feel sorry for her, even though I haven't agreed with alot of what she has done in the media... I have always felt sorry for her and I still do.

If anybody can 'take it', Cindy can, but she really does have more on her shoulders than most human beings could tolerate. Her beloved granddaughter is dead (and murdered, no less); her daughter is in jail charged with that murder; her husband is hospitalized for mental and possibly physical problems; and her son is doubting he can continue to support his sister (my guess). It's just hell and all for Cindy --- and I give her credit for being able to function at all at this point.

CA will be responsible for all of the encyclopedia of notebooks and all future event planning. Her career at Gentiva will help her sort out GA's medical bills & future hospitalizations. The notority she has obtained good or bad will help her pay for future feel good therapies. Her behavior will be critically watched at Caylees memorial so I hope CA makes it all about Caylee forgetting about her daughter for, "Just one more day!"

If anybody can 'take it', Cindy can, but she really does have more on her shoulders than most human beings could tolerate. Her beloved granddaughter is dead (and murdered, no less); her daughter is in jail charged with that murder; her husband is hospitalized for mental and possibly physical problems; and her son is doubting he can continue to support his sister (my guess). It's just hell and all for Cindy --- and I give her credit for being able to function at all at this point.

Cindy's resourceful, I'm sure she has found some new (or renewed) sources of support.

I miss her. Cindy has been so maligned for no reason other than being a caring grandma. Yes, her actions have been suspect. I think and pray for her and hope she is alright. I hope she is not brought up on any criminal charges, however, I do, believe her actions have merit in this case. I hope she is able to tell the truth, for her granddaughter and the best possible sentece for her daughter. I hope she is able to re-gain a "will to live" as her husband has recently professed.

What do you think will happen with her, now, and for the trial?

Thank you Pattymarie for that kind post regarding Cindy. I worry for her as well. I think the 8 week seclusion speaks volumes. The woman is destroyed.
I pray she and George both can maintain the will to live.

Imo, Cindy will be laying low. All she ever wanted and fought about and hoped against hope for was for Caylee to come home alive and well, and now all is lost.

Unlike the majority here, I do not see her fighting for Casey. One of the most misunderstood things about Cindy is she has never really "fought" for Casey per se, but rather was fighting for Caylee to be alive. In her mind Caylee was alive, so no one had harmed Caylee. Not Casey, no one... The nightmare would end, and Caylee would be coming home. I believe that was her only prayer and wish in all of this.

No matter what Cindy has said or done...I don't care what, when, where, how or to whom...I believe without a doubt she has ALWAYS suspected Casey. She just couldn't accept and live with it until someone proved to her that Caylee was gone. Yes, I think she will always love her daughter, but she will tell the truth in court.

No flames, please. This is the way I see it, the way I've always seen it. MOO

Unlike the majority here, I do not see her fighting for Casey. One of the most misunderstood things about Cindy is she has never really "fought" for Casey per se, but rather was fighting for Caylee to be alive. In her mind Caylee was alive, so no one had harmed Caylee. Not Casey, no one... The nightmare would end, and Caylee would be coming home. I believe that was her only prayer and wish in all of this.

No matter what Cindy has said or done...I don't care what, when, where, how or to whom...I believe without a doubt she has ALWAYS suspected Casey. She just couldn't accept and live with it until someone proved to her that Caylee was gone. Yes, I think she will always love her daughter, but she will tell the truth in court.

That is about the best way I've heard it put yet.

I agree with you. I feel sorry for her, even though I haven't agreed with alot of what she has done in the media... I have always felt sorry for her and I still do.

I feel sorry for anyone who has lost a child or a grandchild, and I can excuse a lot of mistakes people make if they are in this situation.
My stepson died several years ago, at age 16. His mother and I did not get along, had words a couple times...but when we went up there after the boy's death, my heart went out to her, because I could only imagine her pain. I told her she could feel free to lean on my husband, because this child was THEIR son and only the two of them could know and understand. From that day on, we've been friends and have had no more problems. We spent 4 days with them, and there was nothing but kindness and decency between us, and it made things easier for the other 2 kids, and for our son as well.
I think most of us have seen Cindy in her worst light... at a time when no one can be their best. We may not like her personality, or what she has done, or said... but anyone who can't have compassion for grieving grandparents, I don't know what to say.
As for her role in this, I don't know at this point. She will do what she has to, I guess.

My comments are in bold...this is just my opinion and when I went to write a regular responce I realized it was more coherent this way since I had so many points to cover. I do respect your right to hold a different view point though and am not trying to single you out.

I believe she insisted Casey keep a child she didn't want

Other than Casey making then breaking a promise to a friend (Kio)and blaming CA (something she did often) where is there any evidence she didn't want Caylee? There is ample evidence to the contrary, such as Jessie Grund being groomed as Daddy, and CA not even beliveing in the pregnancy until the very end.

and then did everything in her power to interfer with Casey trying to be a mom.

Again, we get this mostly from things Casey told a friend (in this case Jessie Grund) and Casey lies. If she was so super controlling why did she leave Casey and Caylee alone for 31 days before hunting them down? There are others who thought the fact that she DIDN'T call cops earlier makes her a negligent grandparent.

How on earth could both of them live in the same household with an infant and maintain the roles of mother and daughter.

They could maintain it like the thousands of other single parents who live with their parents in tough times or when they are young. They get a job, help support their kid, and allow the grandparents to be GRANDPARENTS instead of expecting them to parent your child so you can spend every night partying. Casey could have left at any time...Cindy was not forcing her to pretend to have a job and therefore be too broke to get her own place.

I think Cindy has been putting down her daughter for most of Casey's life.

Why? Where is there any evidence of this going back? I know people who's parents were very verbally abusive in this way and they are generally meek people. They don't talk back with that mouth Casey has and act like they're entitled to the world paving her path in gold. It seems like any testimony about this came from Casey's friends (again, whom she LIED to about almost everything) or from Lee who was commenting SOLELY on recent events. I would my daughter down if she was stealing from people, taking advantage of family, and pawning off all responcibility too.

This does not excuse Casey from what she did to her Caylee. But I think Casey never felt like she was the mother of Caylee.

This is a sad dirty secret of motherhood. Some parents just don't bond with their kids (or a certain kid). That alone does NOT make them capable of murder. I'm not bonded with my neighbor but I respect human life enough not to kill him. There was a deeper issue with her than not bonding. Nothing in what we actually know of Casey's upbringing is really that much worse than any other household. It's mostly recent events in which their family starts to look odd.

Casey claimed her mother would never forgive her.

I think we all feel this way when we disappoint someone greatly. I felt this way when I broke a plate given to my mother by my grandmother. I nearly barfed just thinking about how sad and upset she would be with me. Casey KILLED her daughter, whom she had basically made her mother bond with by living in the same house and having her babysit constantly while she went to her fake job. Caylee was far more dear to CA than a plate.

She fears her mother

In all the videos it really seems like Cindy tiptoes around Casey like a grenade waiting to go off at one wrong jiggle. Casey wasn't phased by anything Cindy did to her...even in the 911 tapes she was cool and calm like she knew her mom would never follow through with charges. That's not the reaction of someone in fear.

and I believe it was Cindy's negative treatment of Casey that turned her into a liar as a way of defending herself against a mother who probably never did anything to help her daughter develop into a mature person.

It really seems like all of Casey's lies were geared towards short term selfish needs on Casey's part. I agree she was not a mature person, but I'm not sure how to direct link that to Cindy when Lee seems fine. If anything I think Cindy may have been too permissive as a parent, (it shows in her blind faith in Casey's lies) which is bad but a fault of many parents.

Lying was probably always easier for Casey instead of suffering her mother's wrath.

True. If you can't afford a sitter to go out and party each night because you don't have a job, it can be quite upsetting when your mom refuses to babysit because she wants you to get a job. Much better not to face that "wrath" by lying and saying you have a job to get free babysitting AND be able to go party. If Casey was in fear of her mom yelling at her about dumb things then I'd totally agree, but the things Casey was lying about are things she NEEDED to be scolded for.

I see Cindy as a controlling person who has absolutely no problem solving skills.

I have a hard time knowing what Cindy is really like because most of what we hear is conflicting. Casey's friends mostly only know what Casey told them, Cindy's extended family seems to think Cindy is wrapped around Casey's finger and wish she'd get tougher on her, Lee and GA seem to have thought CA cared so much about Caylee that losing her would make her suicidal, her coworkers seem to have believed most of the same KC lies that Cindy did and knew only a bit about the custody struggle, we see an angry hurt public face from Condy in tiny spurts, and we hear a whole ton of speculation from others, many of which don't know her very well or only knew her during this crisis where I'm sure she's been far from at her best. It seems like she knew she had some issues to work on and was in therapy of some sort for it but we don't even know what kind.

My comments are in bold...this is just my opinion and when I went to write a regular responce I realized it was more coherent this way since I had so many points to cover. I do respect your right to hold a different view point though and am not trying to single you out.

Bravo!:clap:

Thank you Pattymarie for that kind post regarding Cindy. I worry for her as well. I think the 8 week seclusion speaks volumes. The woman is destroyed.

Imo, Cindy will be laying low. All she ever wanted and fought about and hoped against hope for was for Caylee to come home alive and well, and now all is lost.

Bold is mine.

You've hit the nail on the head. Speaking for myself, if there was the smallest chance that someone I loved could be alive I would be all over it. Cindy has had to fight everyone to hold onto this belief and if that doesn't prove to people how much this little angel meant to her then there's really no point in discussing it further.

I worry about Cindy as well. I continue to pray for her and the entire Anthony family that they can get through this without any more tragedy befalling them.

I noticed BC said to the media that the GP's do not know if they will support Casey. That is a change from the previous claims that "she is innocent."

I am kind of wondering the same myself,,, Is she alone or does she have any friends to talk with or to stay with her?
It is just a sad sad thing. I think it is going to be awful if they cannot go thru with their memorial.... or funeral.

I think it will be awful if they do go through with a funeral right now and it looks like that is they way they feel. Apparently she has not come to terms with it and does not want the public to see her and think she was wrong through this whole thing. She is waiting for time for the public to mellow and forget how she behaved.

She is not alone....she has lee, who lives there and BC readily available. I do not ever see CA capable of living alone. She needs someone there for many reasons.

I noticed BC said to the media that the GP's do not know if they will support Casey. That is a change from the previous claims that "she is innocent."

BC is good with words....'not know" to me means Cindy still believes her daughter. I see George coming to terms with it first. If he goes back to the house,he will have to conform to her will and her belief system and this is where his problems kick in.....with this kind of conflict.

It would be commendable and healthy for CA to change and accept. She is not fighting for that baby; she has not gone to the court to ask for the remains; she has avoided a funeral and a memorial; She has not been to the site; and has distanced herself from everyone who now knows Caylee is gone. Cindy has a hard time admitting she was wrong, not that that fact is important to the public but it is extremely important to her. So this saga will go on till SHE is ready to make an appearance. It will be on her terms.

Do you think George and Cindy will remain together and be a support for each other through all of this?

No. I've seen them divorcing all along. I believe someone will go after George and he will find comfort in another woman's arms.

JoAnn_W

That is the way I see it too! I have never blamed her one bit for holding out every hope that Caylee was alive and there was simply no other way for her to do that without proclaiming Casey's innocence.

That was secondary...all she really wanted was Caylee!

<snipped>
More details emerge in memorial service for Caylee
But FOX 35 has learned that behind the scenes, Cindy has been busy making preparations for a public memorial, tentatively scheduled for February 10 at the First Baptist Church of Orlando.
Sources tell FOX 35 that Cindy has selected flowers that will sit on the altar and Caylee's grandmother has chosen music for the service.

I'm glad Cindy is so involved. This church is wonderful to help with this memorial.

Whisperer, She has made some arrangements for a public memorial service...it's in the Current News thread today. http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=8338910&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1
But FOX 35 has learned that behind the scenes, Cindy has been busy making preparations for a public memorial, tentatively scheduled for February 10 at the First Baptist Church of Orlando.
Sources tell FOX 35 that Cindy has selected flowers that will sit on the altar and Caylee's grandmother has chosen music for the service.
I'm not defending her...just sayin'

this is just so sad :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benjysmom