What will you do when this trial is OVER!?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Some other monster will emerge and take me for another whirlwind experience unfortunately.

I admit though that I chose to get caught up in true crime stories....thanks to Helter Skelter.It's just who I am.

Check on the other cases I've followed, Cummings, Dunn, Horman, Bobo... then ride the surf of another, I imagine. I lurked far too long, but I've been following cases since Scott Peterson, and I've seen justice served up righteously a number of times. It's going to be very satisfying when KC gets hers. jmo

After this trial I will continue to look for Gabriel Johnson. I will follow the trial of his mother, Elizabeth Johnson and her accomplice Tammi Peters Smith. When Gabriel is found and these two women are sentenced to prison, I will celebrate with others who have dedicated so much of their time to finding him and seeking justice on his behalf.
I will continue to follow Haleigh Cummings case and Kyron Horman's case and I will probably continue to look for clues to hopefully help solve other missing children cases.

Thanks Y'all. Its a good idea to stay informed of other crime cases, missing persons, amber alerts etc. Never know when you can make a difference. Just know where to draw the line!

I feel that following these types of crime cases are very educational and interesting look into the criminal psyche!

That's a good question, Affinity! Hopefully exercise more and get busy with more projects in my own life!!!!! I really wish the trial had been during the winter rather than during the sunny summer months when my child is out of school so I could watch it much more closelyand not take any time away from playtime with him (after following all the evidence for so long.)
I know none of us will ever forget this case, it almost feels like we knew Caylee and the people in the case, in a way.

Fade back into WS obscurity (I've posted more these last few days than I have in the whole three years I've been reading here) and catch up on my housework and laundry.

BBM That would be me as well...:blush:

This isn't my first rodeo either. I will take a break from InSession, and the boards for a little while. Pray for the Anthony's and all who was effected by ICA's selfish actions. And hope that Drew Peterson's case doesn't make "TV" otherwise that will be my next case. xoxoxoxo

Probably keep up with appeals n such, but i will be happy when it is done.

I have been thinking about the end of this trial for a while now and what I will do.
I'm a painter and my work has really suffered over the last 3 years. I decided to throw in the towel a few weeks ago and just give in and watch the trial to the end.
I'm looking forward to full days painting without this trial or case tempting me away from the studio.
This is the first trial/case I have ever followed and I will not follow another one again. There is something so bizarre and addicting with this case to be able to pull in people like me as a once in a life time thing and for 3 years. The only thing that worries me after this trial is over is any appeal that might come up or a retrial. I don't know if I can do it again, I think not.
What I will miss is the community feeling I get while on this forum.
I love following along with the trial thread as the trial happens, it is great to know there is a group who feels the outrage & disgust I feel. I think that is the thing I will miss the most - the people here.
Its the best forum out there and I love being a part of it.

I will probably either follow all of her appeals & court appearances, the family's media tour
Or, if she walks, I will probably follow the trial & news footage of the person who goes after her (for lack of nicer term)

:fireworks::fireworks: I'll be so relieved and happy. I'm going to read books again, maybe check into WS once every week or two to see if anything new has happened, and NEVER get this involved again with a crime/criminal.

Like other posters, I will follow the appeals process as well as read some of the literature sure to make its way to the public. As for a return to normalcy, I have an enormous stack of books waiting for me to consume until the next school year begins.

:fireworks::fireworks: I'll be so relieved and happy. I'm going to read books again, maybe check into WS once every week or two to see if anything new has happened, and NEVER get this involved again with a crime/criminal.

That's what I said after sweet Danielle Van Dam in 2002. I lived on the San Diego Union Trib message board every day with that trial. They are still there now.. talking bug evidence.. so so sad.

I've been through this before also. And when you are really invested in a case toward the end you start thinking that you will be happy when it is over and you can get back to a normal life.

But at the end there is actually a little let down. Your mind may be still going over aspects of the case, you may have a bit of an aimless feeling, it may be hard to find things in real life to do with yourself. It is like you have forgotten how to engage in your real life.

It is best to make a plan for it. How are you going to fill your time now. Who are you going to visit after it is over. What chores/errands have you been putting off. Are there any other cases that you wanted to catch up on. After the case ends give yourself a day. Then get yourself busy. Make sure some of the stuff you do is fun stuff.

I have been thinking about the end of this trial for a while now and what I will do.
I'm a painter and my work has really suffered over the last 3 years. I decided to throw in the towel a few weeks ago and just give in and watch the trial to the end.
I'm looking forward to full days painting without this trial or case tempting me away from the studio.
This is the first trial/case I have ever followed and I will not follow another one again. There is something so bizarre and addicting with this case to be able to pull in people like me as a once in a life time thing and for 3 years. The only thing that worries me after this trial is over is any appeal that might come up or a retrial. I don't know if I can do it again, I think not.
What I will miss is the community feeling I get while on this forum.
I love following along with the trial thread as the trial happens, it is great to know there is a group who feels the outrage & disgust I feel. I think that is the thing I will miss the most - the people here.
Its the best forum out there and I love being a part of it.

Funny you should mention not following any more trials. I came to that same decision yesterday. I will finish this out and hope I don't get sucked in again with whatever happens to Baez when the trial is over. The amount of frustration I've experienced is more than I want to deal with again. Hopefully I'll get out of my chair in front of the computer and lose some of the weight I've gained.

The first case I followed was when Nicole and Ron were found murdered - watched the Bronco thing - but that was on TV. The first case I followed on the net was when Laci was reported missing on Christmas night - and I let that case take over my life clear through the end. And I was on dial-up so my family could never get hold of me! I swore no more, then
Daniel - then I swore no more kids, I can't take it. Then Caylee and following soon after, Haleigh.

I am a morning person, shop early in the day, clean early in the day, do yard work early in the day. During one of these cases, I have to be in court in the morning and prepare and discuss that evening. It has gotten so bad here, I have hired a kid to come and trim bushes, weed, etc because my yard has never looked this bad. It takes several hours just to run the sweeper and mop floors in my little house because I can only do it during "special breaks".

The other cases we talk about here, I will follow should a trial ever come up but I hope I learn how to have a little restaint...

My son is getting married on July 2nd and am nervous that that may be around the time of the verdict and/or sentence. That is two Saturdays away!! I will have to get my trial time in somehow, family will be coming into town.

After the trial is over I will still follow what is on the news and news shows for a bit. WFTV is my local news so it will on there for awhile to come I am sure.

I will continue with life the way it used to be I suspect. I am interested in the Cummings case and a few others involving missing children.

I've been through this before also. And when you are really invested in a case toward the end you start thinking that you will be happy when it is over and you can get back to a normal life.

But at the end there is actually a little let down. Your mind may be still going over aspects of the case, you may have a bit of an aimless feeling, it may be hard to find things in real life to do with yourself. It is like you have forgotten how to engage in your real life.

It is best to make a plan for it. How are you going to fill your time now. Who are you going to visit after it is over. What chores/errands have you been putting off. Are there any other cases that you wanted to catch up on. After the case ends give yourself a day. Then get yourself busy. Make sure some of the stuff you do is fun stuff.

Strangely, all this time, I felt like the trial wouldn't get here soon enough. I actually feel a little deflated right now, knowing that it's almost over. I'm a bit scared to hear the verdict. The defense team will have chance after chance, on appeals. The state, really only has one chance to get it right.

I'll still be here on WS though. This is the best forum on the web. My main hangout is the Political Pavilion, and the Jury room. I'll get back to that when this case is over.

This isn't the first trial that I've followed though, and I'm sure it won't be the last. I think maybe I'll follow the career of Mr. Baez. Maybe write a folk song about the hapless attorney. :floorlaugh:

There is no shortage of sociopaths. I thought there could never be another Scott Peterson because he was beyond stupid. But alas, KC arrived and I know there will be others.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsGriss
Back