Where did the prosecution go wrong?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like many I just can't comprehend under all or any of the scenarios how they could find 12 people who all found her not guilty. At the very least I would of expected the least of the murder charges, or a hung jury, but never the results we got. Some could of had reasonable doubt but all 12? Nope I don't understand it either.

So then does the jury think George was responsible for this if they don't think Casey was even guilty of manslaughter? If it wasn't Casey who the heck do the jury think was responsible? That nagging thought alone should drive them nuts.

Shaking my head..... I read everything here on the trials I follow but just rarely feel the need to comment, but this time I just have to add my 2 cents that I really don't understand these jurors.

The jury didn't get all the evidence. Baez was allowed to get away with unbelievable nonsense (lying, missing deadlines, etc). AND CA lied on the stand and was able to get away with it...their was so much unfairness toward the prosecution it was ridiculous. The jury was abysmal from the start imo.

I agree with this. Tricia (our WS owner) made a great point on Twitter that maybe the Jury did not know what to do because of all the people lying on the stand. She thinks they chose the "not guilty" verdict because of it. Also I agree 110% that Baez got away with to much on there. I really thought that was going to hurt their case because of Baez not really hitting on anything.

Sadly lots of people are just idiots. One of my coworkers that knows I follow this case just came in and asked me if the state was going to go after George for the murder now....

My :twocents:

I think the reasonable doubt for the jury was in the fact that the evidence pointed not just to ICA but to anyone who had had access to those items from the Anthony home.

I don't think they believed the DT theory, there was just reasonable doubt.

JMO

ETA: It kills me to think what a legend JB must feel like right now.

by not bringing in the 'fight' between Cindy and Casey and mentioning that Cindy threatened to get legal custody of Caylee. This would have shown motive.

by not bringing in the 'fight' between Cindy and Casey and mentioning that Cindy threatened to get legal custody of Caylee. This would have shown motive.

very good point!

My :twocents:

I think the reasonable doubt for the jury was in the fact that the evidence pointed not just to ICA but to anyone who had had access to those items from the Anthony home.

I don't think they believed the DT theory, there was just reasonable doubt.

JMO

ETA: It kills me to think what a legend JB must feel like right now.

Well...JB did his job. He has a right to feel good about that, even if we don't like the outcome...

I posted this on another thread but---
I personally have wondered if HHJP is not partially to blame for their decision. I know alot of you love JP, but hear me out. The jury loved him, he treated them well, there is no doubt about that. HHJP bent over backwards for the defense, IMO opinion to prevent a verdict overturned on appeal. He schooled JB daily on the law, often let them question witnesses outside of scope, he sometimes ruled in their favor as a precaution, when IMO he should not have, he allowed things said in JB's closing that were clearly breaking the rules, and he did not come down on JB hard enough for his behaviour. Many times the jury saw this judge treat JB with kid gloves. Now ALL OF US know it was to prevent a mistrial and prevent a verdict that would be easily overturned, however I dont think the jury understood that. Looking back I now think that the jury probably thought that the judge was being so nice to the DT because he thought their client was not guilty! I know if someone I like and respect treats someone nicely I usually also assume that I can trust that person too. In addition HHJP seemed harder on the prosecution, he held them to higher standards, I get that, but did the jury get that?? What do you all think?

I am going to go back and read all y'alls ideas, but here's mine.
Before they started the trial I was talking to my father and I told him the prosecution was trying to scare Casey into confessing with the idea of the duct tape used as a mode of murder but if they go to trial with that they will never get a conviction. I think if the jury had been given any other means of murder to deliberate they would have convicted.
I don't know how, in theory ,she killed Caylee but I am pretty sure the duct tape was supposed to hold in body fluids.
I don't think the jury could accept that as a means of murder.

The jury didn't get all the evidence. Baez was allowed to get away with unbelievable nonsense (lying, missing deadlines, etc). AND CA lied on the stand and was able to get away with it...their was so much unfairness toward the prosecution it was ridiculous. The jury was abysmal from the start imo.

Wow! I respectfully disagree with this post. Judge Perry let ALL the evidence come in that the prosecution asked for, even the air sample evidence that had never been admitted in court before. He overruled almost every defense objection and sustained almost every prosecution objection.

JMO---For those not familiar with Pinellas County: Highly liberal area. My liberal friend and I agree on one thing: Casey is responsible for Caylee's death.
My liberal friend believes:
1. the case was not proven
2.Judge BP "favored" the prosecution
3.Jeff Ashton is a bully and a jerk

I, being conservative, believe:
1. This circumstantial case was proven beyond a reasonable doubt for 1st degree murder
2. Judge BP helped Baez as much as judicially possible.
3. Jeff Ashton is a formidable advocate and prosecutor.

Maybe there in lies the tale as to why this liberal jury returned the verdict they did--Pro Defense biased therefore the evidence was viewed from that perspective.

JMO---For those not familiar with Pinellas County: Highly liberal area. My liberal friend and I agree on one thing: Casey is responsible for Caylee's death.
My liberal friend believes:
1. the case was not proven
2.Judge BP "favored" the prosecution
3.Jeff Ashton is a bully and a jerk

I, being conservative, believe:
1. This circumstantial case was proven beyond a reasonable doubt for 1st degree murder
2. Judge BP helped Baez as much as judicially possible.
3. Jeff Ashton is a formidable advocate and prosecutor.

Maybe there in lies the tale as to why this liberal jury returned the verdict they did--Pro Defense biased therefore the evidence was viewed from that perspective.

This was a death-qualified jury...and I actually thought they favored the prosecution. And I thought that JB got slapped around in court a lot more than JA did and overruled almost every time he spoke. So that must make me a "liberal" by your definition.

Does everything have to be about politics???

I know there's a lot of Ashton-lovers here, but he really rubbed some of us the wrong way with his abrasiveness.
I wonder if that played into the weight they put on the states argument? :dunno:

I know there's a lot of Ashton-lovers here, but he really rubbed some of us the wrong way with his abrasiveness.
I wonder if that played into the weight they put on the states argument? :dunno:

He probably won't be smiling in court again for a while...

Chris Cuomo just tweeted that one of the alternates said the prosecution failed to prove motive.

I think they gave the jury too much credit and didn't simplify enough. I think they failed to see the csi Miami mentality that unless you have DNA linking you, you didn't do it. These days everyone cries DNA there's no DNA. Well it's not eberything and being in a hurricane hit swamp for seven months will rid all DNA. They didn't make that clear.

I love JA but maybe they saw him as too combative with bozo and let that play into their decision. Hearing NG talk about the jurors backgrounds I can see them ad very defense biased and leery of pros and police

Prosecution proved motive though it didn't have to! Omg<modsip> didn't know what their job was

The prosecution did a great job with what they were allowed to present to the jury.

He probably won't be smiling in court again for a while...

I wonder if he has even picked himself up off the floor yet. If I were part of the states team I would just be beside myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth