Where is Amy's totalled car? Time Line and Ping

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
there is actually another thread, what happened to amys totaled car.
it sounds like it was totaled, and she was gonna get it fixed when her dad came to town. so i think she had it towed to ALs. Maybe she ditched the other one, and was going to fix amys quick and take off with it.

I started a thread a few weeks ago with regards to where is amy's totalled car because it seemed to me that from what we are able to determine, the car could have been moved and or towed, on more than one occasion. If the car had originally been at RM, JPC, and AH place, then moved to ALs parking lot or even if it spent some interim time in the driveway, street or garage of the As it would stand to reason that that car and its trunk could have been used to hide Caylee while mom was partying, or to hide the body until she determined how she would umlimately dispose of it.

KC stated in a text message to someone, IIRC, that she had had the best sex ever that evening and again the following morning, as I recall, this was in reference to RM. Was it the same night she took Caylee elsewhere when RM awoke to find only KC after Caylee had also previously been asleep in the bed with them, and does this follow the timeline of AH wrecking her car and possibly having it placed at either the As, RMs or TLs? I surmise KC may have begun drugging and/or leaving Caylee in the trunk of AHs vehicle initially, insuring Caylee would not be physically linked to KC's vehicle if something went wrong.

I need to check the dates again in case something has been confirmed or updated and I have missed it.

I believe that the key that LA "destroyed" may well have been the key to the "totalled" car and that it may have either been the scene of the actual crime, or used to hide evidence of it. Furthermore, I believe that KC may have intended to have AH's "totalled" car repaired with the intentions of driving it and possibly making her getaway at any given point where she might have felt threatened enough to get the FOOD (...Out Of Dodge!) Thoughts anyone?

I started a thread a few weeks ago with regards to where is amy's totalled car because it seemed to me that from what we are able to determine, the car could have been moved and or towed, on more than one occasion. If the car had originally been at RM, JPC, and AH place, then moved to ALs parking lot or even if it spent some interim time in the driveway, street or garage of the As it would stand to reason that that car and its trunk could have been used to hide Caylee while mom was partying, or to hide the body until she determined how she would umlimately dispose of it.

KC stated in a text message to someone, IIRC, that she had had the best sex ever that evening and again the following morning, as I recall, this was in reference to RM. Was it the same night she took Caylee elsewhere when RM awoke to find only KC after Caylee had also previously been asleep in the bed with them, and does this follow the timeline of AH wrecking her car and possibly having it placed at either the As, RMs or TLs? I surmise KC may have begun drugging and/or leaving Caylee in the trunk of AHs vehicle initially, insuring Caylee would not be physically linked to KC's vehicle if something went wrong.

I need to check the dates again in case something has been confirmed or updated and I have missed it.

I believe that the key that LA "destroyed" may well have been the key to the "totalled" car and that it may have either been the scene of the actual crime, or used to hide evidence of it. Furthermore, I believe that KC may have intended to have AH's "totalled" car repaired with the intentions of driving it and possibly making her getaway at any given point where she might have felt threatened enough to get the FOOD (...Out Of Dodge!) Thoughts anyone?

Totally agree if the dates match up this is a good posiblility. It was what I was thinking when I posted above in not so much detail. Will definitely look into the dates some more.

Ive been at work all day and just got back and finished going through the thread. This is correct. I dont know where the posters talking about Dusty being a cop got that. When asked about this, WW is racking is brain, and says he has a friend Dusty who hangs out with a Ryan who might have been arrested. That is why in OP I asked if it was confirmed if Dusty's friend was indeed the "Ryan Huffman" arrested. Thank you to the poster who confirmed there is a Ryan Huffman who was arrested. Also posting it was a DUI, that isnt really a charge people discuss information they have on other cases to get out of. IMO.

I will certainly agree that i have never heard of anyone trying to get out of a DUI by offering information. If I got a DUI -I would not expect that to work ..

Yes, that is what I am thinking. Lets find something to define "totaled" in this situation is what I am saying. Maybe it was just messed up, and there was some situation with the uncle that she could purchase a car for cheaper than repairing hers. Another posters remembers there might have been a discussion with AH and KC about keeping the totaled car at LA's.

well, the only way to determine (for auto insurance purposes) is to have the vehicle brought to a shop. The shop determines the damage and notifies insurance. It would have visited a shop at some point. definately.

well, the only way to determine (for auto insurance purposes) is to have the vehicle brought to a shop. The shop determines the damage and notifies insurance. It would have visited a shop at some point. definately.

True. But that initial visit doesn't fit the timeline of when Caylee's little body would create a stench in it. It doesn't make sense to add Amy's car to the mix. I've just finished reviewing the other WW threads http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71754 and don't see anything that would change this.

No, sorry, I can't see that. It doesn't make sense for it to be Amy's car, for several reasons. IMO.

If you still aren't sure about that, though, and want to pursue that thought, perhaps someone w/knowledge of how insurance works could clarify if a person maintains ownership of their car after it is declared a total loss and they purchase another automobile, as Amy did shortly after the accident.

OT -- Good for Amy for taking care of business in finding another car, arranging w/relative to help, & getting up to Jax after Casey lied & let her down. Two different people there.

ETA: If an insurance company pays for a car that has been declared a total loss, it is their's and they take possession, getting as much as they can for it at auction or elsewhere. I'm not sure how this worked in Amy's case. I've seen discussion here that she was perhaps going to have it repaired, that maybe it wasn't really "totalled" and could be reasonably repaired. I don't know; don't have links to original info.

I wish more folks would include links when they cite info -- just cut & paste the page you're citing. It helps a lot to keep information moving.

just sharing this...

My step-dad was in a motorcycle accident last june. He was in hospital for 2 months so I handled the insurance for him.

They never sent anyone to look at vehicle. I was told to tow bike to a certified autobody/repair shop and have them determine damage and generate a damage report or quote. then fax it to insurance company.

the body shop determined the bike was totaled

The Insurance company paid out the money and told me they would come get the bike from my parents shed. They did not come get the bike for 7 months!!!

I couldnt believe it took them that long. This is a very big and well know insurance company too.

I dont know about amy's car but, this is what happened with our "totalled" vehicle

Please note, in my post at #50, KC says to Amy, "Ill get it towed to the house one day this week."

This is interesting because KC, at this time, was telling Amy that story about taking over the mortgage on her parents home. So, as of June 14th, there was no plan in place about when to get it repaired.

Well, clearly he adds something -- even a negative can be something helpful, depending on where LE takes this. I don't know how it all fits in, or what his testimony will be. I don't know that Ryan or WW is trustworthy. I cannot find a time that Casey's car could have been taken in after the smell would have developed.

I'm going through the 9/23 WW interview discussion thread http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71754 now. Maybe it will come up there.

I was responding to the poster's comment that said maybe the mechanic will be called to say the incident never happened. Which doesn't make sense why they would even call him. Please read the post I responded to. :)

I just don't think it has anything to do with Amy's wrecked car tho. Makes no sense.

It is my understanding the car was never taken to AL's apartment complex as they talked about doing. I also don't see her putting Caylee in another car causing another vehicle to smell of decomp (LE would already have this car and have the testing done).

It could be the Tom's garage person may have nothing to do with Ryan's story at all and could be someone that instead saw Casey somewhere or was called about getting rid of the smell. Gosh, with Casey...it could be another one night stand!

I was responding to the poster's comment that said maybe the mechanic will be called to say the incident never happened. Which doesn't make sense why they would even call him. Please read the post I responded to. :)

lol, it was my post! Am I missing something? Someone can be called to refute or clarify other (incorrect) information, is all I was saying ... it can go either way, of course, as wacky as this situation is!

Good night, see ya'll later.

just sharing this...

They did not come get the bike for 7 months!!!

I couldnt believe it took them that long. This is a very big and well know insurance company too.

I dont know about amy's car but, this is what happened with our "totalled" vehicle

Yeah, it can take forever for them to pick up the car. That's acceptable sometimes but it wasn't for me when kiddo's car got rear-ended and was a nasty mess! I called and called until that mess was off my driveway! That thing was dripping and running fluids everywhere!

I love TransAms and Firebirds 70's and late 80's. I had a Firebird get totaled rearend again but it only cost me 300. to buy back from insurance comapny. I paid less than 200 to have a rear strut replaced.

After all was said and done, I had 2,500 to get a TA and had the repaired Firebird. The Firebird ended up gifted to another military family that needed a car bad. Salvage title didn't mater, it was free and ran well. Had a crinkle in the rear quarter though.

Gads, I understand if Amy bought her car back after a total, if it was an old thang. Have you seen what a car can be parted for?! It's crazy! If I were younger and kiddo's car didn't present a problem for the neighborhood, psh ...this hillbilly would have parted that thang!

Another problem there, they wanted 1,300 to buy back kiddos. Gah!

lol, it was my post! Am I missing something? Someone can be called to refute or clarify other (incorrect) information, is all I was saying ... it can go either way, of course, as wacky as this situation is!

Good night, see ya'll later.

Whaaa? :)

What good would it do for the prosecution to call a witness just to say a rumor that would help the prosecution's case isn't true?

there is actually another thread, what happened to amys totaled car.
it sounds like it was totaled, and she was gonna get it fixed when her dad came to town. so i think she had it towed to ALs. Maybe she ditched the other one, and was going to fix amys quick and take off with it.

She didn't have money for gas. How would she have money to repair a car that almost totaled? Doesn't seem reasonable, IMO.

I know what accident you're talking about.

AH was in an accident (will check date) she totaled her car and was happy she didn't get a DUI. AH went to Jacksonville to get a new car, her uncle helped her with that. That was on the 13th (June or July, need to check to be certain). Casey said she couldn't go with her like she was supposed to because GA had a mini stroke (rolling eyes).

I don't know what happened to AH's other car. I know there were text messages with Casey about storing the car in the parking lot at AL's place but I'm not sure if that went through. I'll look it all up after I make dinner unless someone would rather do it now. It's all in AH's statement in the second set of docs. (I'll add it all to the time line if that helps too)

Amys totaled her car on June 6th..i have will waters audio interview..just trying to figure out how to post a link.......:bang:

I know what accident you're talking about.

AH was in an accident (will check date) she totaled her car and was happy she didn't get a DUI. AH went to Jacksonville to get a new car, her uncle helped her with that. That was on the 13th (June or July, need to check to be certain). Casey said she couldn't go with her like she was supposed to because GA had a mini stroke (rolling eyes).

I don't know what happened to AH's other car. I know there were text messages with Casey about storing the car in the parking lot at AL's place but I'm not sure if that went through. I'll look it all up after I make dinner unless someone would rather do it now. It's all in AH's statement in the second set of docs. (I'll add it all to the time line if that helps too)

I just posted in ? for websleuthers about this - green truck with a guy with tattoos backed up in driveway - I did not have the date- also a friend's job at an auto place "fell thru" and they moved away??? There were pictures of offroading friends (male) in the mud on a myspace -perhaps now private- and WHAT was Amy's car that got totaled??? been wondering about that also...

the date on the green truck and the man with dark hair...per brian neigbour statement..was they pulled up on june 20th...this coincides with the first time casey ran out of gas on the first friday... the neigbor heard casey...but never saw the man get out of the truck...it was just a quick glance..but he is pretty observant..hope this helps..although tony testified in his statement..that he drove casey to her moms to get gas as she ran out...he sat in car while she went in and put gas cans in his jeep...so im thinking the neigbour got the date and a man in the truck right,.;..but the green jeep wrong..it was tonys jeep...thats just my thoughts what i have put together

great question...has anyone figured this one out?????:waitasec:

Yes; Tippytoes pointed out that there are two possibilities ("OR") for being cited with this:

----------------------------------------

post 65, Tippytoes:

OR Blood alcohol level of .20 or higher... so maybe there was no minor in the car...

Statute: 316.193(4)-A - CT- DUI W/MINOR IN CAR OR BAL OF .20 OR HIGHER

Last edited by tippytoes; 10-04-2008 at 09:33 PM. Reason: added statute

----------------------------------------

ok, an update on cars.
In the police report it says...
Amy lent her red 1997 red toyota corrola.

so is that her new or old car???

It's the "new" car she got in Jacksonville (with help from her uncle) AFTER she totaled her car.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns
Back