Where is Amy's totalled car? Time Line and Ping

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
June 22 and 23rd. Apparently, she spent the night of the 22nd in hospital with Zanny. :crazy:

That, to me sounds like she was trying to come up with an alibi for somewhere she may have been that night.

She was only saying she was in Tampa, at the hospital with Z, and all that not to go home during that time without Caylee. She wasn't thinking alibi because Caylee was already gone by then, imo. She was simply partying her @ss off with AL.

It was towed to the Anthony house and IIRC George did the repairs. But this was before Caylee was even missing.

I suspected this had something to do with Casey's flat tires May 14. Three people, AH, RM, and TB, were all asked about this incident during their interviews with LE after KC was arrested. RM attempted to fix KC's flats, but his spare didn't fit her car, so I assume it was towed somewhere? It was mentioned by someone she attempted to drive on the rims.

It was towed to the Anthony house and IIRC George did the repairs. But this was before Caylee was even missing.
He purchased two new tires for her. Geez. Didn't they expect her to pay for anything???

I know what accident you're talking about.

AH was in an accident (will check date) she totaled her car and was happy she didn't get a DUI. AH went to Jacksonville to get a new car, her uncle helped her with that. That was on the 13th (June or July, need to check to be certain). Casey said she couldn't go with her like she was supposed to because GA had a mini stroke (rolling eyes).

I don't know what happened to AH's other car. I know there were text messages with Casey about storing the car in the parking lot at AL's place but I'm not sure if that went through. I'll look it all up after I make dinner unless someone would rather do it now. It's all in AH's statement in the second set of docs. (I'll add it all to the time line if that helps too)

He purchased two new tires for her. Geez. Didn't they expect her to pay for anything???

I don't think LE knew all of that at the time, around July 30, so they were questioning. I don't think they had DNA results at that time.

I remember this from George's audio interview.

George was saying Casey was supposed to be at work, and he was asking her if she was at work (at Universal) why was she all the way where she was, as that would be a crazy out-of-the-way route to drive home.

Casey seemed to do everything she could to avoid calling George (according to the friends' statments), but finally had to call him. He had the car towed home, and did do the repairs himself.

OK, half the posts on this thread tottaly confused me more.....

This Crime Tip was mentioned as the image shows by the police officer EE that was interviewing WW. He was asking him for information because the person who reported the crime tip is a friend of this WW's other friend, Dusty I bleieve is that friends name.

Supposedly he thought Casey was dating this WW and WW and Dusty were probably discussing the situation at some point in time, he was even confused at first because he did not know this Ryan guy, Dusty I believe if I am recalling correctly is a cop also? So this Ryan guy hears them talking about it, he later gets arrested and tries to use his hearsay as evidence to get his but out of trouble.

WW speaks about this extensively while trying to recall who this person is and all he could come up with is that he probably heard a conversation they were having during a party and "used" it.

I don't think we need to confirm anything as it was a Cop that said this crime tip cam from this Ryan who was arrested. Unless you think the Cop was lying to WW while he was interviewing him?

This is a great thread.....there are days that are in question....in the ws calander timeline.....Sat 21 June and Sun 22 June....I will have to check but I think thats whe KC told CA made up story about ZG being in an accident....On the 23 June...neighbor see KC at house with male with green truck-also GA states car chase with KC in CA V.
If her car was in the shop at that time....could that be what was going on those dates??? :)

This Crime Tip was mentioned as the image shows by the police officer EE that was interviewing WW. He was asking him for information because the person who reported the crime tip is a friend of this WW's other friend, Dusty I bleieve is that friends name.

Supposedly he thought Casey was dating this WW and WW and Dusty were probably discussing the situation at some point in time, he was even confused at first because he did not know this Ryan guy, Dusty I believe if I am recalling correctly is a cop also? So this Ryan guy hears them talking about it, he later gets arrested and tries to use his hearsay as evidence to get his but out of trouble.

WW speaks about this extensively while trying to recall who this person is and all he could come up with is that he probably heard a conversation they were having during a party and "used" it.

I don't think we need to confirm anything as it was a Cop that said this crime tip cam from this Ryan who was arrested. Unless you think the Cop was lying to WW while he was interviewing him?
Exactly.

This is a great thread.....there are days that are in question....in the ws calander timeline.....Sat 21 June and Sun 22 June....I will have to check but I think thats whe KC told CA made up story about ZG being in an accident....On the 23 June...neighbor see KC at house with male with green truck-also GA states car chase with KC in CA V.
If her car was in the shop at that time....could that be what was going on those dates??? :)

She had the white pontiac the entire last half of june until it was towed.

I think what this thread is trying to figure out is when, how, and why any of the cars that KC was driving was in the auto repair shop -- Because, evidently, a repairman commented to Ryan H (who while under arrest) that the car had the "decomp smell" at that time.

Further into WW's statement he remembers that one of his best friends (Dusty) came to WW's 4th of July party with a guy named Ryan -- and WW has since remember that he heard he (Ryan) had been arrested.

So that's why LE is asking WW about this. And it seems to be important because as I commented earlier, the Witness List contains a person from the repair shop.

Hope this helps instead of adding even more confusion!

I think what this thread is trying to figure out is when, how, and why [and IF -- big if, my addition!] any of the cars that KC was driving was in the auto repair shop -- Because, evidently, a repairman commented to Ryan H (who while under arrest) that the car had the "decomp smell" at that time.

Further into WW's statement he remembers that one of his best friends (Dusty) came to WW's 4th of July party with a guy named Ryan -- and WW has since remember that he heard he (Ryan) had been arrested.

So that's why LE is asking WW about this. And it seems to be important because as I commented earlier, the Witness List contains a person from the repair shop.

The reason I'm confused a bit by all the discussion is in what I bolded: shouldn't the word "allegedly" be added? As in, a repairman allegedly commented? I mean, consider the source! The idea I got of that guy is he's throwing things out to try to gain traction and is not necessarily a credible informant. And of course, KC is not credible.

It is indeed interesting that a repairman at a Tom's garage is on the witness list -- but it's possible his testimony is "No, I know nothing about this." Time will tell; soon I hope.

I think what this thread is trying to figure out is when, how, and why any of the cars that KC was driving was in the auto repair shop -- Because, evidently, a repairman commented to Ryan H (who while under arrest) that the car had the "decomp smell" at that time.

The only car that I believe was in any shop during this period was Tony's. Casey had her white pontiac the entire last half of June until it was towed or actually abbandoned on the 27th towed on the 30th. I believe she may have mentioned to Amy after that that her dad took the car for repairs but I believe that was just a lie to cover for the fact that it was towed because she was careless after getting Amy to buy her a gas can and never picking up the car after that.

The flat tire event happened in May and I do not know when Amy got her new car but Casey was supposed to take her to Jax. to pick it up and never showed up so Amy had to rent a car to go up there by herself. Some friend that Casey.... I don't think there ever was anything suspicious about either of Amy's cars.

I do not think anyone said anything t all to Ryan H, I believe this was meerly Ryan's confusion of hearsay he heard as comments between Dusty and WW during a party one night and when one is facing a DUI charge one is likely to say anything that may give them a chance to get off scott free. He just mixed things up because he heard it one night on the grapevine....

Ive been at work all day and just got back and finished going through the thread. This is correct. I dont know where the posters talking about Dusty being a cop got that. When asked about this, WW is racking is brain, and says he has a friend Dusty who hangs out with a Ryan who might have been arrested. That is why in OP I asked if it was confirmed if Dusty's friend was indeed the "Ryan H" arrested. Thank you to the poster who confirmed there is a Ryan H who was arrested. Also posting it was a DUI, that isnt really a charge people discuss information they have on other cases to get out of. IMO.

An update on my opinion.
If you were being interviewed, and an something like this was thrown at you, what would your instant response be? Mine would be, "I have no idea why someone would say that, I havent been to a repair shop with KC,..." But WW's reaction was to think who said this. Almost like he wasn't surprised someone said something like that.
Also, like I said in the OP, some of what the detective said could have been changed to be geared at WW for some reason. Like maybe a name was never given.

Here is WW interview: http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/14 William Waters July 30, 2008(1).pdf

The excerpted section is from pg 16 lines 1-9 or so. This section of the interview was quite interesting. It was like WW was being hit with information about Casey's cell calls (pg 11 & 12), and then this.

Either Ryan H is lying (he has reason to, and may be grasping at straws...but what an odd (gratuitous?) straw to grasp! this was on or around 7/26, so he knew about Casey/Caylee), or WW is.

But is there really any time that Casey's car is unaccounted for around the time we might expect it to have an odor? Casey noted to her friends that it had a bad odor around June 25 acc to calendar http://www.websleuths.com/forums/calendar.php?month=6&year=2008&c=4&do=displaymonth? She was seen with her car on 6/20, 6/23 (?), and 6/24.

I know what accident you're talking about.

AH was in an accident (will check date) she totaled her car and was happy she didn't get a DUI. AH went to Jacksonville to get a new car, her uncle helped her with that. That was on the 13th (June or July, need to check to be certain). Casey said she couldn't go with her like she was supposed to because GA had a mini stroke (rolling eyes).

I don't know what happened to AH's other car. I know there were text messages with Casey about storing the car in the parking lot at AL's place but I'm not sure if that went through. I'll look it all up after I make dinner unless someone would rather do it now. It's all in AH's statement in the second set of docs. (I'll add it all to the time line if that helps too)

~Amy was in a car accident, people tease her about her nose or eye or something hurt from it. She then went June 13 to get a new car in Jacksonville. That still leaves the car in the accident. If repairing the car would be more than the bluebook value, she may have just decided to get a new car. Meaning it may not have been totaled, wrecked beyond working.

Yes! That is the incident I am talking about. AH went to Jacksonville to get a new car 6/13. KC bailed at the last minute, so Amy rented a car one way. All of AH's friends were gone, so who drove her to the rental car place?
I can not believe she had needed to keep the car somewhere, and it was discussed leaving it at AL. Maybe if it was there, she kept Caylee in it for awhile. We should find the text conversation, and find out what happened to the car.

~Amy was in a car accident, people tease her about her nose or eye or something hurt from it. She then went June 13 to get a new car in Jacksonville. That still leaves the car in the accident. If repairing the car would be more than the bluebook value, she may have just decided to get a new car. Meaning it may not have been totaled, wrecked beyond working.

Yes! That is the incident I am talking about. AH went to Jacksonville to get a new car 6/13. KC bailed at the last minute, so Amy rented a car one way. All of AH's friends were gone, so who drove her to the rental car place?
I can not believe she had needed to keep the car somewhere, and it was discussed leaving it at AL. Maybe if it was there, she kept Caylee in it for awhile. We should find the text conversation, and find out what happened to the car.

wait a minute -- are you thinking it may be Amy's car that had the odor and was (allegedly) taken in for repairs?

If so, it wasn't -- it was totaled. It would take a big stretch to make that the car that Ryan was mentioning, and is quite unlikely. Especially since we KNOW that Casey's own car had an odor. It is highly unlikely that TWO cars had a bad odor, especially since Amy's was totalled.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back