Votes: 78 20.9%
  • Laying in woods

Votes: 22 5.9%
  • Where TM could watch the site

Votes: 31 8.3%
  • hurts my heart; but, a landfill

Votes: 35 9.4%

• Total voters
Is there a rock quarry near the compound?
Where was new construction near by?

Up until recently, I was feeling the same as most. As if the confidence in TM showed that Heather may never be found. However, after the reminder of her arrogance at the bond hearing, I'm optimistic Heather is somewhere close, TM is just too cocky/ignorant to think anyone could out smart her. My gut says they put her somewhere between PTL and the compound. Not too far in either direction. I really hope this ends up the case and she is found soon. As much as it hurts me to think she is still out there somewhere, I can't imagine her family and friends.

Up until recently, I was feeling the same as most. As if the confidence in TM showed that Heather may never be found. However, after the reminder of her arrogance at the bond hearing, I'm optimistic Heather is somewhere close, TM is just too cocky/ignorant to think anyone could out smart her. My gut says they put her somewhere between PTL and the compound. Not too far in either direction. I really hope this ends up the case and she is found soon. As much as it hurts me to think she is still out there somewhere, I can't imagine her family and friends.

I agree, however, i'm beginning to think LE knows more than they are leading on about Heather's remains. I find it very odd that they say they don't know how she was killed, but are sure that she was murdered at PTL.

IMO, they have a good idea of how she was killed and where her remains might be, but have no way of recovering them. Unless it was her remains in FL but they're keeping tight lipped to make the defense keep guessing. :please:

I think it's interesting that there's not been another search for Heather since those remains in FL were found?

Is anyone still keeping eyes/ears open for any new details on that body/investigation?

I agree, however, i'm beginning to think LE knows more than they are leading on about Heather's remains. I find it very odd that they say they don't know how she was killed, but are sure that she was murdered at PTL.

IMO, they have a good idea of how she was killed and where her remains might be, but have no way of recovering them. Unless it was her remains in FL but they're keeping tight lipped to make the defense keep guessing. :please:

No. LE would not keep the family from knowing or from being able to bury their daughter. Those remains have not been matched to anyone. If they were, the M.E. in that FL jurisdiction would make it known and would say who it was. The M.E. is not under a gag order.

I think it's interesting that there's not been another search for Heather since those remains in FL were found?

Is anyone still keeping eyes/ears open for any new details on that body/investigation?

I'm the grandchild of a former assistant medical examiner, I know way more about that process than I ever wanted to. I do not understand how dental cannot be matched up by now, unless someone pulled the teeth. Which would mean whoever did it knew exactly what they were doing.

I thought possibly if the remains are a young girl/child, younger than suspected by some, like Haleigh Cummings, 5 years old when she went missing or Thalia Otto, age 9, it could be the child had never been to a dentist. No dental records. jmo

No. LE would not keep the family from knowing or from being able to bury their daughter. Those remains have not been matched to anyone. If they were, the M.E. in that FL jurisdiction would make it known and would say who it was. The M.E. is not under a gag order.
I dont think its unheard of. Didnt LE keep Shannon Gilberts family from burying her for months?

I dont think its unheard of. Didnt LE keep Shannon Gilberts family from burying her for months?

I don't know that case. Did they keep the identity of the remains secret from the parents?

I've just wondered if they have such a backlog, and can't keep up. There has to be somebody to match this to. I thought maybe this case would show up on NAMUS since it's been so long. Then maybe we could see rule outs and that would tell age etc. But for some reason, this is not being shared.

I was really expecting to hear more about heather after the arrests. I haven't been able to keep up with the details of the case and what is going on since the arrests but I know heather is still missing!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know that case. Did they keep the identity of the remains secret from the parents?
No, but I dont feel they would have hesitated keeping the identity a secret if it suited them. IMO, the remains arent Heather but why would they not tell the Elvis family and everyone that cares about Heather that it isnt her? You're not the least bit intrigued?

I've just wondered if they have such a backlog, and can't keep up. There has to be somebody to match this to. I thought maybe this case would show up on NAMUS since it's been so long. Then maybe we could see rule outs and that would tell age etc. But for some reason, this is not being shared.

Yes, it's not being shared among us. Keeps you on edge. We do know it will be one of many. The remains could belong to someone missing from another state too.

It's probably a backlog & questions answered to whatever LE are involved with the remains.

Some young woman will be found & the sooner the better. jmo

No, but I dont feel they would have hesitated keeping the identity a secret if it suited them. IMO, the remains arent Heather but why would they not tell the Elvis family and everyone that cares about Heather that it isnt her? You're not the least bit intrigued?

Maybe LE secretly told the Elvis's the remains are not Heather's.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I think the ME isn't saying anything because perhaps that particular ME and that particular jurisdiction in FL chooses to speak when they have remains ID'd. And when there's no ID then they say nothing. We don't know if the ME said anything to the Horry County LE and Horry County told the parents but no one else. We don't know if everyone is in the dark.

However, IF those remains were Heather, and I do not believe they are, but IF they were, I think it would have been determined by now because they do have HE's DNA, AND I think the parents would have at least been notified had the ME made a match to Heather. IMO.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I think the ME isn't saying anything because perhaps that particular ME and that particular jurisdiction in FL chooses to speak when they have remains ID'd. And when there's no ID then they say nothing. We don't know if the ME said anything to the Horry County LE and Horry County told the parents but no one else. We don't know if everyone is in the dark.

However, IF those remains were Heather, and I do not believe they are, but IF they were, I think it would have been determined by now because they do have HE's DNA, AND I think the parents would have at least been notified had the ME made a match to Heather. IMO.
Actually, we arent disagreeing very much at all now. I agree there are a few things we cant be sure about regarding the remains and how the information is being handled. Maybe I just misunderstood post 309. Sorry about that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
websleuth719
Back