Where is Madeleine? Where is she?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doc, I posted about your wife the other night and the server was too busy-- I am sorry to hear about her condition. Your actions and attitude are an inspiration to me and many others, I am sure.
Thankyou for the kind words. My wife is doing fine now and is still in remission. It was 2 years in May. Doctor says she needs to make it to 3.5 years for relapse odds to drop to 2 percent or less. She has had to deal with shingles and some eye problems and the fact that insurances don't want to touch her with a 10 foot pole which puts potential employers at bay too and of course the bone marrow biopsies but on the up side, her strength is coming back and her hair grew back and she is alive and doing well :)

It is enough.

So now lets make even more good news and solve this case :)

Thankyou for the kind words. My wife is doing fine now and is still in remission. It was 2 years in May. Doctor says she needs to make it to 3.5 years for relapse odds to drop to 2 percent or less. She has had to deal with shingles and some eye problems and the fact that insurances don't want to touch her with a 10 foot pole which puts potential employers at bay too and of course the bone marrow biopsies but on the up side, her strength is coming back and her hair grew back and she is alive and doing well :)

It is enough.

Glad to hear your wife is improving, and I too hope we can get some good news in reference to Madelaine.:)

It is enough.

I'm glad to hear your wife is doing so well now and wish her all the best. It must have been a difficult time for both of you.

It is enough.

I am so, so happy to hear this. (although the shingles I understand can be quite painful.) It is wonderful to hear she is in remission! I'll hope and pray she gets to that 3.5 year check point!

O/T: One of the other "ballet moms" passed away this last week from cancer
and the memorial service was today. It is such an encouragement to hear about your wife's recovery and remission.

Okay, back to our regularly scheduled discussion and yes, it would be great to get this case solved!

docwho3,
Wonderful news about your wife. Prayers for her continued successful recovery.

I am not trying to be pessimistic but....

I keep reading how the police is looking for the body of Maddie here and there...but what makes them think it is buried somewhere? The EASIEST thing to do was to just throw the body into the ocean and never be able to be found again!

Why does the police believes it is somewhere else? Am I missing something???

I keep reading how the police is looking for the body of Maddie here and there...but what makes them think it is buried somewhere? The EASIEST thing to do was to just throw the body into the ocean and never be able to be found again!

I think bodies often wash up on shore, unless you take them out really really far. Maybe they know that the McCanns had no access to a boat during that time.

unless Gerry had the use of high speed power boat where he could have gone a mile out to sea - and then disposed of Maddie then - the tides would have brought her back

I saw the Sky interview with an ex detective - sadly I think that Maddy was taken by one or two individuals - probably men - wisked quickly away , probably abused and killed within hours .

I would imagine the body is probably within 20 miles or so of the area . That tends to be the sad result of these abductions

Thanks guys, I just do not see the idea of Maddie buried somewhere. My gut tells me she is in the ocean, I hope I am wrong because I really hope we can find her. :(

Don't bodies that are thrown into the ocean sometimes wash up?

Sometimes but I suppose it does not happen in ALL cases, no? ONE of the reasons I think she is in the ocean is based on Gerry's "prove it" (they killed Maddie) response to the police. Since I personally believe they are involved, he must be really sure that her body will never be found.

Sometimes but I suppose it does not happen in ALL cases, no? ONE of the reasons I think she is in the ocean is based on Gerry's "prove it" (they killed Maddie) response to the police. Since I personally believe they are involved, he must be really sure that her body will never be found.

I think that its possible that he believes that. It took the police 11 years to find my sister's body, so while these murderers think that their victims will never be found, never is a very long time when one must look over their shoulders every day. I pray that Maddie is found, alive if possible; but if she is in fact already dead, I pray that she didn't suffer and that they are able to one day lay her to rest properly.

So sorry to hear about your sister. As a side note, I lost my mom when I was a year old. It was in the 70's back in Argentina where there was a Military Government that caused 30,000 people to go missing. She is one of them. All these years I lived without a mom (but with a grandmother who was like a mom to me, she passed away in July) but to know that my grandmother never knew what really happened to my mother and to not have a body to have a proper burial haunts me to this day.

Many times I wonder what happened to her (although I know most of these victims were tortured and then put to death). It is heartbreaking not to have a body.

I wish with ALL my heart that Madeleine can be found alive and well somewhat, if she is not, I pray that her body can be recovered quickly and the persons who did this to her pay to the full extent of the law.

SleuthMom and Jeana, my condolences for your losses. We live in such a violent world, and I so wish parents would protect and shelter their children better from it.

More often than not, actually.

After the Great Storm of 1900 Galveston, the surviving citizens were dismayed to find the bodies of the hurricane victims washing up by the hundreds on the shores...they had been taken out to sea and dropped into to the ocean, only to be returned to the shores by wave action.

So does this area of the Portuguese coast (the southern beaches along the Mediterranean) get any major storms?

So sorry to hear about your sister. As a side note, I lost my mom when I was a year old. It was in the 70's back in Argentina where there was a Military Government that caused 30,000 people to go missing. She is one of them. All these years I lived without a mom (but with a grandmother who was like a mom to me, she passed away in July) but to know that my grandmother never knew what really happened to my mother and to not have a body to have a proper burial haunts me to this day.

Many times I wonder what happened to her (although I know most of these victims were tortured and then put to death). It is heartbreaking not to have a body.

I wish with ALL my heart that Madeleine can be found alive and well somewhat, if she is not, I pray that her body can be recovered quickly and the persons who did this to her pay to the full extent of the law.

I'm sorry about your mom darlin!!! I can't imagine what it would be like to have a child missing, even though I saw my mother ache for my sister until my mother's passing. Unfortunately, she and my father didn't live to know that my sister had been found. The only comfort that my family takes is that my sister is no longer alone and my parents are with her.

I also pray that Maddie is found. Although I still fear for her siblings constantly. If she's found, I don't see how they could ever return her to the parents who left her alone.

I'm sorry about your mom darlin!!! I can't imagine what it would be like to have a child missing, even though I saw my mother ache for my sister until my mother's passing. Unfortunately, she and my father didn't live to know that my sister had been found. The only comfort that my family takes is that my sister is no longer alone and my parents are with her.

I also pray that Maddie is found. Although I still fear for her siblings constantly. If she's found, I don't see how they could ever return her to the parents who left her alone.

Your post made me cry. So much sadness out there. Just a hug Jeana for you, just a hug.

SleuthMom and Jeana, my condolences for your losses. We live in such a violent world, and I so wish parents would protect and shelter their children better from it.

Thank you Calikid and thank you Jeana as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob84999381