Whitney Houston passed away on 2/11/12 - Part 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On Nancy Grace tonight, Reginald Dowd (I think), Whitney's makeup artist, said he went to Whitney's hotel room Thursday to do her makeup. He said he was there for about an hour and a half. He was mentioning things they talked about, and it included that Whitney was going to sing at the party Saturday night. So if Clive Davis is saying she was NOT scheduled to perform that night, he is lying.

He also said that he got a call Saturday morning to be at Whitney's hotel room about 5:50that night to do her makeup. Then about 4:00 he got a call saying she had passed away.

I'm seeing this post now. So you heard that RD had been in Whitney's suite on Thursday night?
I wonder who the other makeup artist is who said she had been waiting in the lobby on the afternoon of Clive's party to do Whitney's makeup at 4PM. I think it was a woman. She said she had called 'whoever' to tell them she was waiting in the lobby sometime after 3PM but was later notified of Whitney's death.

I'm barging in here and apologize in advance if this has been discussed already but I'm watching NG now which originally aired earlier this evening (but I didn't watch it then). Okay I posted earlier that I heard yesterday that a makeup artist had been waiting in the lobby of the hotel for a 4PM appt. that never took place due to Whitney's death the afternoon of Clive's party.
Now I just heard a guy named Reginald tell NG that he had been alone with Whitney in her suite, doing her hair and makeup, for about an hour and a half the afternoon of Clive's party. But get this, he says it was about four or five o'clock. WTH? We know that can't be true because WH was already dead by then. What's going on? Is someone covering for someone? Why didn't NG catch this conflict, as we know, WH was reported dead by 3:55 PM the afternoon of Clive's party. Plus, as I mentioned, there is another makeup artist who claims she had been booked that afternoon and had been waiting in the lobby prior to hearing the bad news.

Am I missing something? I'm almost positive he said before Clive's party - could he have meant the night before? I still don't have my replacement TIVO so I can't record anything or rewind - did anybody else catch this potential conflict? I know NG posts transcripts, I just don't know how quickly they're posted.

I didn't see NG, but I'm thinking this had to be the night before. Possibly before she went to the party at the club.

I'm barging in here and apologize in advance if this has been discussed already but I'm watching NG now which originally aired earlier this evening (but I didn't watch it then). Okay I posted earlier that I heard yesterday that a makeup artist had been waiting in the lobby of the hotel for a 4PM appt. that never took place due to Whitney's death the afternoon of Clive's party.
Now I just heard a guy named Reginald tell NG that he had been alone with Whitney in her suite, doing her hair and makeup, for about an hour and a half the afternoon of Clive's party. But get this, he says it was about four or five o'clock. WTH? We know that can't be true because WH was already dead by then. What's going on? Is someone covering for someone? Why didn't NG catch this conflict, as we know, WH was reported dead by 3:55 PM the afternoon of Clive's party. Plus, as I mentioned, there is another makeup artist who claims she had been booked that afternoon and had been waiting in the lobby prior to hearing the bad news.

Am I missing something? I'm almost positive he said before Clive's party - could he have meant the night before? I still don't have my replacement TIVO so I can't record anything or rewind - did anybody else catch this potential conflict? I know NG posts transcripts, I just don't know how quickly they're posted.
I was confused too.
The make up artist and the hair sylist are two different people.
Reginald Dowdley said:
"I got the call that morning and was told Whitney wanted me to come back at 5.50pm and she really liked my work," he said.

"So I was making plans to head there when I got a call from a friend of mine saying she had passed and I couldn't believe it.
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/8421503/whitney-joyful-before-her-death

The hair stylist is Tiffany Dixon
TIFFANY DIXON'S NIECE WAS THE FIRST PERSON TO BREAK THE NEWS
ON TWITTER 45 MIN BEFORE IT HIT THE MEDIA.
she says her aunt and a body guard found Whitney
it's very interesting
here is how it went down!

"And as you’d expect, when news hit Saturday that pop legend Whitney Houston had been found dead in the Beverly Hilton, the first place it appeared was on Twitter."
"However, it turns out that the first tweet came even earlier, at 4:15 p.m. PST, from Aja Dior M. @AjaDiorNavy, who is apparently the niece of Houston’s hair stylist."
"The niece then had to defend herself against people who accused her of starting a false rumor on Twitter."
http://blog.chron.com/techblog/2012...eath-broke-first-on-twitter-but-went-nowhere/

Well it is starting to get even odder. Aside from the reports of repeated erratic behavior, there is the issue of her daughter passing out in the tub the night before and flooding the room below which is just really odd in light of her mothers death in a eerily similar circumstance.

I'm seeing hints of crack use here or excessive drug use, bad drugs or unusually strong drugs. Maybe they had access to the really good stuff which is more pure and stronger than the usual stuff, after all its a week of partying and the alcohol and drugs are flowing. maybe they were mixing them. Who knows at this point because the ones who do know aren't telling.

Here are the things that set off my crack radar and is based on my experiences with a friend/roommate who turned into a crack addict and neighbors whose bathroom was right next the wall of my bedroom. I don't know why but crack is often a bathroom drug, maybe it is the secrecy or the paranoia where they have to be in a secure place, behind a locked door.

My roommate would hide in the bathroom and be freaked out that every noise was someone coming after her including the cable wires and the squirrel in the tree outside. She was my first exposure to a crack user so it took me a while to catch on. There wasn't an odd odor or smoke when she left the bathroom so i knew it wasn't weed.

The neighbors used to all gather in their bathroom and there was lots of running water and beating on something during their crack binges. Someone later explained to me that that behavior was typical of crack users.

So apparently the bathroom was the party place. It is where Bobbi Kristina had her incident and later Whitney. Eating while doing crack is a new one for me though. For all we know, the food was just a front to make it look like they were eating to throw people off. It will be interesting to find out what Whitney's stomach contents were. I'm sure they will also fingerprint the beer and the champagne which will give us more insight as well. Odd that there was a burger and a turkey sandwich along with champagne and beer. Sounds like 2 meals intended for 2 different people to me.

Then the timeline is off. Odd that she would have been alone when that was usually not the case when she bathed. So I think someone was with her when it happened and they freaked out and went into CYA mode hiding or flushing stuff. Or maybe whoever was with her didnt see it happened but found her and went into CYA mode. Phone records should help clear some of this up.

The fact that Ray J didn't say where he was but only that he was "nowhere near there" sounds odd. So is he buying time to get an alibi or was he possibly with another female which would have set Whit on a self destructive binge? Hmm
If she was alone and doing drugs in there then she might have had the door locked to hide what she was doing. But the door was unlocked so maybe someone was with her and unlocked it when they left.

Someone mentioned first responders with duffel bags. Well as a first responder I can tell you that we do carry gear in duffel bags.
Even the machine to shock a heart is contained in a duffel bag along with drugs to try and restart a heart.

We assess the condition of the patient as to how long they may have been out. Rigor mortis is a huge clue as is blood pooling,body temp, etc. Some patients are clearly gone and no efforts are made and we notify dispatch to make calls for the coroner, police, etc. Others are clearly unrevivable but we will give it the 30 minute try anyway using the shock, the drugs and CPR.

Sometimes we know it is hopeless but will continue for the sake of the family because we know we won't be transporting the deceased as they are obviously dead and we are just going with protocol until the coroner gets there. Where i live, we need a doctor to confirm death and that can sometimes be done by a doctor over the phone after 30 minutes of failed revival attempts. Continued attempts to work with the patient are also used as a reason to remove family members from the traumatic scene. Then the coroner is called to come and get the body. Different places use different codes and radio systems so a scanner might not pick up everything.

So I will be interested to hear how the official timeline comes out as opposed to how it is being portrayed. But it does seem rather hinky at this point. The autopsy should bring some answers and also more questions.

First responders were already in the room.(Fire EMT's were already there from another call :waitasec:) This was 2 police cars that pulled up and walked to their trunks and got bags and walked into the hotel.

Here's a link.

"When Jones walked outside, she saw two police cars pull up, and her first thought was that there would be some type of commotion."
"But they calmly got out of their cars, popped their trunks and pulled duffel bags out of their cars," she says.
http://www.theboombox.com/2012/02/12/whitney-houston-dead-bobbi-kristina/

Very odd! I think she had been dead for "awhile" and it was covered up by someone...

Well it is starting to get even odder. Aside from the reports of repeated erratic behavior, there is the issue of her daughter passing out in the tub the night before and flooding the room below which is just really odd in light of her mothers death in a eerily similar circumstance.

I'm seeing hints of crack use here or excessive drug use, bad drugs or unusually strong drugs. Maybe they had access to the really good stuff which is more pure and stronger than the usual stuff, after all its a week of partying and the alcohol and drugs are flowing. maybe they were mixing them. Who knows at this point because the ones who do know aren't telling.

Here are the things that set off my crack radar and is based on my experiences with a friend/roommate who turned into a crack addict and neighbors whose bathroom was right next the wall of my bedroom. I don't know why but crack is often a bathroom drug, maybe it is the secrecy or the paranoia where they have to be in a secure place, behind a locked door.

My roommate would hide in the bathroom and be freaked out that every noise was someone coming after her including the cable wires and the squirrel in the tree outside. She was my first exposure to a crack user so it took me a while to catch on. There wasn't an odd odor or smoke when she left the bathroom so i knew it wasn't weed.

The neighbors used to all gather in their bathroom and there was lots of running water and beating on something during their crack binges. Someone later explained to me that that behavior was typical of crack users.

So apparently the bathroom was the party place. It is where Bobbi Kristina had her incident and later Whitney. Eating while doing crack is a new one for me though. For all we know, the food was just a front to make it look like they were eating to throw people off. It will be interesting to find out what Whitney's stomach contents were. I'm sure they will also fingerprint the beer and the champagne which will give us more insight as well. Odd that there was a burger and a turkey sandwich along with champagne and beer. Sounds like 2 meals intended for 2 different people to me.

Then the timeline is off. Odd that she would have been alone when that was usually not the case when she bathed. So I think someone was with her when it happened and they freaked out and went into CYA mode hiding or flushing stuff. Or maybe whoever was with her didnt see it happened but found her and went into CYA mode. Phone records should help clear some of this up.

The fact that Ray J didn't say where he was but only that he was "nowhere near there" sounds odd. So is he buying time to get an alibi or was he possibly with another female which would have set Whit on a self destructive binge? Hmm
If she was alone and doing drugs in there then she might have had the door locked to hide what she was doing. But the door was unlocked so maybe someone was with her and unlocked it when they left.

Someone mentioned first responders with duffel bags. Well as a first responder I can tell you that we do carry gear in duffel bags. Even the machine to shock a heart is contained in a duffel bag along with drugs to try and restart a heart.

We assess the condition of the patient as to how long they may have been out. Rigor mortis is a huge clue as is blood pooling,body temp, etc. Some patients are clearly gone and no efforts are made and we notify dispatch to make calls for the coroner, police, etc. Others are clearly unrevivable but we will give it the 30 minute try anyway using the shock, the drugs and CPR.

Sometimes we know it is hopeless but will continue for the sake of the family because we know we won't be transporting the deceased as they are obviously dead and we are just going with protocol until the coroner gets there. Where i live, we need a doctor to confirm death and that can sometimes be done by a doctor over the phone after 30 minutes of failed revival attempts. Continued attempts to work with the patient are also used as a reason to remove family members from the traumatic scene. Then the coroner is called to come and get the body. Different places use different codes and radio systems so a scanner might not pick up everything.

So I will be interested to hear how the official timeline comes out as opposed to how it is being portrayed. But it does seem rather hinky at this point. The autopsy should bring some answers and also more questions.

I think yours is a very compelling post - so Im quoting it again to bring it
over. Your insights have been very valuable here -

I didn't see NG, but I'm thinking this had to be the night before. Possibly before she went to the party at the club.

Yes, I'm just wondering how/why I missed that though as it seemed like NG was running down the timeline of the day Whitney died. :waitasec:
Reginald commented on WH's state of mind which he said was 'good' so maybe that was his contribution to the show. Just because somebody seems 'good' though doesn't mean they are so that doesn't mean much really.

Someone I knew well seemed very happy - never been better - just days before committing suicide so . . . (I'm not saying WH did that - I think she died of a drug overdose).

VH1 was also waiting on Whitney...

VH1 was supposed to interview Houston about her upcoming movie, Sparkle. Writes Allison Samuels:

Someone kept banging on the door as we taped, so we stopped. The woman at the door, who it turned out was Houston's personal assistant, Lynn Volkman, said, "Whitney's not coming, Whitney's not coming." And then finally said, "She's dead." Volkman was in a daze.
http://content.usatoday.com/communi...inal-performance-final-moments/1#.Tz9UX_GPXEY

Is crack like a downer or an upper? I consider cocaine an upper, right?
When WH approached CD and Brandy interrupting their interview, she seemed hyped up on something, not mellow or drunk. What drug would most likely cause outward behavior like that? Also I noticed that WH was sweating and sweated (in past video/pictures) a lot. Is there a drug known to excellerate sweating?

Yes, I'm just wondering how/why I missed that though as it seemed like NG was running down the timeline of the day Whitney died. :waitasec:
Reginald commented on WH's state of mind which he said was 'good' so maybe that was his contribution to the show. Just because somebody seems 'good' though doesn't mean they are so that doesn't mean much really.

Someone I knew well seemed very happy - never been better - just days before committing suicide so . . . (I'm not saying WH did that - I think she died of a drug overdose).

I'm sorry!Me too.
NO indication until about an hour before when someone called my son.
A 42 year old woman helped him do it!
He chose a sure fire overdose.
Turns out he had been using heroin, oxycontin and xanax :what:
NO ONE FRICKEN KNEW!!!
as well as a drug from Russia 10x more potent than
any benzodiazapine in the US!!!
That drug has made people have no memory for DAYS
with a dose as smaller than a pencil eraser.

He killed himself with that. AND there is no way to even test for it in the US!
Thank GOD his friends told the ME!
Really scary stuff

He was such a doll. And he seemed soo normal!
http://www.ajc.com/news/cherokee/exotic-drug-leaves-cherokee-617599.html
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/cherokee-woman-charged-after-teen-dies-092010

Is crack like a downer or an upper? I consider cocaine an upper, right?
When WH approached CD and Brandy interrupting their interview, she seemed hyped up on something, not mellow or drunk. What drug would most likely cause outward behavior like that? Also I noticed that WH was sweating and sweated (in past video/pictures) a lot. Is there a drug known to excellerate sweating?

Crack is a powerful stimulant.
"Crack is produced by dissolving powdered cocaine in a mixture of water and ammonia or sodium bicarbonate (baking soda). The mixture is boiled until a solid substance forms. The solid is removed from the liquid, dried, and then broken into the chunks (rocks) that are sold as crack cocaine."
http://www.justice.gov/ndic/pubs3/3978/index.htm

gngr-snap, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I can't find the big hug guy anymore so 'BIG HUG'.

First responders were already in the room.(Fire EMT's were already there from another call :waitasec:) This was 2 police cars that pulled up and walked to their trunks and got bags and walked into the hotel.

Here's a link.

"When Jones walked outside, she saw two police cars pull up, and her first thought was that there would be some type of commotion."
"But they calmly got out of their cars, popped their trunks and pulled duffel bags out of their cars," she says.
http://www.theboombox.com/2012/02/12/whitney-houston-dead-bobbi-kristina/

Very odd! I think she had been dead for "awhile" and it was covered up by someone...

BBM~ it was probably just their "kit" for dealing with the scene. A suspicious death calls for extra paperwork such as forms to get the signature of every witness present on the scene, camera, tape to cordon off the area, gloves, evidence bags, tools like rulers for pics to show size of images in pics or distance, tape recorders to record statements, etc. Best to keep it all in one kit ready for anything so you can hit the ground running.

gngr-snap, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I can't find the big hug guy anymore so 'BIG HUG'.
:tyou: It was a shocker!
At least it was a life lesson for my daughter and son.
Lots of lessons actually!

BBM~ it was probably just their "kit" for dealing with the scene. A suspicious death calls for extra paperwork such as forms to get the signature of every witness present on the scene, camera, tape to cordon off the area, gloves, evidence bags, tools like rulers for pics to show size of images in pics or distance, tape recorders to record statements, etc. Best to keep it all in one kit ready for anything so you can hit the ground running.

That's what I thought they had to secure the scene until the crime lab got there.

eta: it is however VERY telling! That at 3:47pm they already knew resuscitation was
futile.
It further indicates the timeline doesn't add up!

Crack is a powerful stimulant.
"Crack is produced by dissolving powdered cocaine in a mixture of water and ammonia or sodium bicarbonate (baking soda). The mixture is boiled until a solid substance forms. The solid is removed from the liquid, dried, and then broken into the chunks (rocks) that are sold as crack cocaine."
http://www.justice.gov/ndic/pubs3/3978/index.htm

The drugs are different now from the main stream ones that were around when I was in high school back in the early/mid 70's. Heroin was about the only instantly dangerous one back then (except, of course, drinking and driving) and it was not commonly used among recreational users.

Now there are all kinds of dugs out there to be feared - meth for one. Could that be what WH liked to use?

Nite all! Tomorrow at 9AM HLN will broadcast the funeral.

Thursday, before she went to that party we see all the "last pictures" from, that is the day he did her makeup for the party that night. He was also supposed to do her makeup on Saturday before the Clive Davis party. What I heard is that he got a call about 9 oclock Saturday morning tell him to be there about 5:50 to do her makeup. Then he got a call about 4:00 saying she had passed away.

The drugs are different now from the main stream ones that were around when I was in high school back in the early/mid 70's. Heroin was about the only instantly dangerous one back then (except, of course, drinking and driving) and it was not commonly used among recreational users.

Now, there are all kinds of dugs out there to be feared - meth for one. Could that be what WH liked to use?

No no offense to Whitney but she did not appear to be a meth user.
Her face wasn't gaunt and she was not emaciated like a typical user is.
Meth users get VERY paranoid and usually have horrible complexions with sores everywhere.
The Jesus speak does sound a little like it so maybe it was a new thing.

Maybe she bought some oxycontin off the street.
Hillbilly heroin...

OxyContin must be swallowed whole and must not be cut, broken, chewed, crushed, or dissolved. Taking cut, broken, chewed, crushed or dissolved OxyContin tablets leads to rapid release and absorption of a potentially fatal dose of oxycodone.
http://www.rxlist.com/oxycontin-drug/patient-images-side-effects.htm

I can't find a valid link and I'm not about to link to a druggie forum.
Oxycontin comes in two forms Oxy IR 5mg is an immediate release tablet to quickly stop pain.
In my professional opinion...
Oxycontin 10, 20, 40, 80mg is usually intended to be taken every 12 hours. It is a sustained release tablet. However if take with alcohol the entire tablet dissolves at once resulting in an overdose and death due to respiratory failure .
When I worked for a pain clinic (only 12 moths) we lost a patient or two every month because of mixing alcohol & Oxycontin. Sometimes it was ONLY ONE BEER. ~ as the death was witnessed by a co worker or a family member.
Needless to say I had to leave because while I know people suffer form terrible pain, I really felt like that MD was just a drug pusher.
maybe oxycontin will not be found in WH tox screen, but I am willing to bet she was a little sore from staying out dancing Thursday night UNLESS she did that regularly

And those folks can go from alive to dead in 20 min EASY!
Especially if purchased on the street and not given instructions on what NOT to do while taking them.

Here is a good page with some of the basics on illegal drugs and how they are used and what symptoms they cause. Whitney was noted to be sweaty or wet at some points and 2 drugs list that as a symptom - amphetamines and ecstasy.

Of course, may I also add that there are times when i sweat profusely due to freaking hot flashes ( or power surges as we southern girls call em) so the sweating may not be a symptom of any drug use at all, simply a sign of age.

"Amphetamines are central nervous system stimulants that give the user increased energy, reduced appetite and an overall feeling of wellbeing. Found in the form of white pills or powder, Amphetamines may be inhaled, injected, or swallowed. Short-term effects include an increase in talkativeness, aggressiveness, breathing rate, heart rate and blood pressure, reduced appetite, dilated pupils, visual and auditory hallucinations, sweating and compulsive, repetitive actions.

MDMA or Ecstasy is a synthetic drug with amphetamine-like and hallucinogenic properties. This is commonly considered to be a dance or 'rave' drug used by younger people. External physical symptoms of use include muscle tension, involuntary teeth clenching, nausea, blurred vision, rapid eye movement, faintness and chills or sweating."

There are other that list sweating or increased body temp but they are downers and Whitney was anything but down.

I am listing this because i dont know off hand which drug causes which symptoms. I list the link as a page with good information on the basics of popular drugs.

http://www.drug-aware.com/drug-information.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member