Whitney Houston passed away on 2/11/12 - Part 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel so sad for her family, especially her daughter. When I was pregnant with all of my children, I played the greatest love of all to my tummy. So young, so sad!

TMZ is posting a lot of updates. The most recent:Whitney Houston "partied heavily" at the Beverly Hilton hotel with a group of friends ... hotel staff tell TMZ.

How very sad to lose such a great talent.
Rest in Peace Whitney.
Also, a bit of trivia about Whitney's Mom Cissy.
She was a back up singer for Elvis and toured with him
throughout the 70's with The Sweet Inspirations.

This is one of the songs that reminds me of the night I fell in love with my now ex-husband. I still think of him when I hear this song, even though I divorced him many years ago. The innocence of First Love never dies, even though the relationship may end.

Remember when we held on in the rain
The nights we almost lost it
Once again we can take the night into tomorrow...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYY2XnbV48A"]Whitney Houston - Didn't We Almost Have It All 1987 - YouTube[/ame]

...You know you'll never love that way again
Didn't we almost have it all

... A moment in the soul can last forever
Comfort and keep us...

Gpd Bless Whitney Houston. The world has lost another great one. We can and will remember her through her beautiful songs, one of them being, "I Will Always Love You". What an absolutely phenomenal song and that voice will live forever.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPHCThqqt0s"]Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You - YouTube[/ame]

Has anyone heard IF Clive Davis cancelled his party tonight?

Her beauty and gifts from God truly radiated from within her.. Her break out in the 80's she changed and helped create what became an explosion in pop culture... That young,flawless beauty in the tight red dress, and the extra long spiral curls that made the gorgeous blonde mane of hair be the icing on the cake as she sang "Oh I wanna dance with somebody" as the confetti whirled around her.. After that breakout she literally couldn't put out a dud song for decades to come... Only hits and more hits!!!! Culminating in what came to be.. the end all.. Be all.. song of all times... "I will always love you" along with starring with Costner in "The bodyguard" one of my all time favorites that to this very day in this house it is a very regularly watched and enjoyed movie.. ABSOLUTELY love it.. And there's just something about it that while I realize it to be a cheezy film I love it and it truly marks one of the very last times that Whitney did have it all together, and was stunningly beautiful, and her voice was at peak level with goosebumps all around for any who listen to her sing during this time..

After this time Whitney was on the backward, downhill, spiral from that moment on as she was married to Bobby and baby on the way by the time "The bodyguard " hit theaters during the holidays of that year..

Didn't she almost have it all?.. I'm so very saddened that we have another one gone too soon and I know without a single doubt that it's drugs that killed this woman who seemed to have it all.. Yet still struggled fiercely with her demons..

Rest in Peace, Whitney and I pray that you all's daughter will rise above all that she's witnessed in growing up with both parents active drug users for a good portion of her life.. God bless her...

How very tragic. She had an amazing voice....right up there with the best. So sad it seems as soon as became mixed up with Brown her life spiraled downward with drug use and she couldn't over come it.

Her aunt, Dionne Warrick, sang this song for the film of "Alfie" back in the 60's. I remember the first time I heard it (in my teens) it brought tears. It's so ironic yet appropriate for Whitney. RIP Whitney, and know the love you were so looking for. <3

http://youtu.be/gY7Fh8jdBCc

ETA: And here's Whitney's version: http://youtu.be/DRzCzr6Zalo

Has anyone heard IF Clive Davis cancelled his party tonight?

I don't think he will cancel it altogether because people came to town from all over because of the grammys. I bet they will have the get together, but it will be more like a memorial and be somber, and sad. imo

I don't think he will cancel it altogether because people came to town from all over because of the grammys. I bet they will have the get together, but it will be more like a memorial and be somber, and sad. imo

~Thank You!
I read Clive will not be attending but not from a reliable source...

I remember singing along with (or at least trying to) "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" on the radio back then. How I envied that voice! My goodness.

Rest in peace, Ms. Houston.

RIP Whitney Houston. Never walk in anyone's shadows........

I just saw this sad news.

I am heartbroken she was never able to get it together before she left this earth.

RIP, Ms. Houston. You'll be missed. :rose:

fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members