Whitney Houston passed away on 2/11/12 - Part 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA, Nova...thanks. I didn't say so in my post which you quoted because my purpose was to re-direct the convo to today's news about Dolly instead of clarifying further the old quote which needed to be put to rest.

(VERY familiar with Amanda's work too, btw...she's fabulous!)

Shana, you were clearly just reporting what had happened elsewhere.

I was just indignant that Parton, who had done nothing wrong, was forced to apologize so as not to distract from Houston's memorials. I am very sorry if I seemed to be taking it out on you; I meant no such thing.

Clive Davis has always given me the heebie jeebies. Sad to say but all WH was to him was a cash cow. IMO Kinda like Col. Tom Parker with Elvis.

Also, WH claims that CD was BK's goddaughter. I would think that if that was the case he should've acknowledged that & say he would always be there for her. That's part of what God-parenting is.

Ha ha ha ha ha. I just randomly found this. Whitney and BB. Go Whitney!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR7CCQ2QAKE"]Whitney Houston's "KISS MY *advertiser censored*!" (the LONG version) - YouTube[/ame]

Shana, you were clearly just reporting what had happened elsewhere.

I was just indignant that Parton, who had done nothing wrong, was forced to apologize so as not to distract from Houston's memorials. I am very sorry if I seemed to be taking it out on you; I meant no such thing.

Dolly had nothing to apologize for, IMO. It IS her song; she wrote it. The song belongs to the songwriter, not the performer. I thought it was very gracious of Dolly to rephrase it and call it OUR song. She didn't need to do that and I don't think Whitney would expect her to do that, either.

It is Whitney Houston who has died - not Dolly Parton!
What is there about that people cant figure out?
Why is Dolly Parton now center stage? Dolly can give
a speech at some other .... reunion? .... funeral!

Parton has done nothing to draw media attention to herself. She was ASKED for a comment about Houston and said something gracious. When that was misunderstood and misrepresented, she apologized quickly rather than dragging the matter out by explaining or arguing.

What is there about that that people can't figure out?

It does no credit to Whitney Houston for her fans to unfairly disparage other artists. I'm sure she would be appalled.

Don Lemon asking everyone that left about Bobby was tasteless I thought.
This just wasn't about Bobby...but I guess it IS the media...and they are sometimes harsh.

agree. piers morgan was doing the same.

The funeral service had already started by the time BB got there. I can see it being awkward for him to be up walking around and trying to talk to his daughter when it had already started. I don't see why he couldn't have arrived a little bit earlier to have time to talk to her before the service and getting seating arranged. If you show up with nine people after the service starts in a church that seats 300 and has invited 1500, chances are you aren't going to be able to all sit together and you're not going to have your choice of seats. Plus he KNEW the funeral was invite only, so what part of that does he not understand? Why would you show up with nine people and demand they be seated, and on the front row no less? Why couldn't he have called Cissy or the pastor or someone yesterday to try to make arrangements to accommodate nine people? They may have said no, and if he asked I don't think they should have said no (unless they are people who have nothing to do with Whitney), but at least he would have gone about it the right way instead of barging in with nine extra people.

according to cnn this is not true. rev. jesse jackson said as much, also. this incident took place before cissy and bobbi k had arrived.

according to cnn this is not true. rev. jesse jackson said as much, also. this incident took place before cissy and bobbi k had arrived.

What I read said that he arrived after the service started. Obviously Cissy and Bobbi K were there before the service started. They said he was only there 15 minutes and that the service had already started. I'm sure Cissy and Bobbi K didn't get there with only 15 minutes to spare. Plus, I saw the video of him outside after the service had already started.

Here is a CNN link. It doesn't say it took place before Cissy and Bobbi K arrived. It says he was there briefly and left shortly after the service started. He should have just kept his mouth shut and sat where they told him to. If he were still married to Whitney, that would be different. But he wasn't.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/18/showbiz/houston-funeral-bobby-brown/index.html

Ha ha ha ha ha. I just randomly found this. Whitney and BB. Go Whitney!

Whitney Houston's "KISS MY *advertiser censored*!" (the LONG version) - YouTube

True to form, THE SOUP played the "kiss my *advertiser censored*" clip at the end of the show on Wednesday, as a tribute to Miss Houston.

It may seem startling to those who don't know THE SOUP, but it would have been hypocritical of them to do anything else after having played it dozens of times over the years.

i will try to find where it identified the children by name and post link. they are not young children....he had 3 before he ever married whitney.

i haven't found link but i know i saw this photo referenced somewhere. the young woman is his daughter and one of the men is a son. i've read so many articles and just can't remember where those folks were identified but will keep my eyes open if i come across it.

i think some of the controversy may have been in the wording of the invitation. perhaps it was not abundantly clear. he claims he and his children were invited....which tells me that he was never supposed to show up alone. i am guessing, of course......but either way, my point is the same as before....i think that this was the houston's service, their planning, their church, their territory....and their opportunity to extend a hand or flip the bird. they flipped the bird and personally, i find it unfortunate.

even IF he was dumb enough to show up with 9 hoodlums.....the most noble move on the family's part would have been to show them the love that so many spoke so eloquently of in the service.

Re Bobby Brown: A few days ago, I saw a repeat of Oprah's 2 hour long interview with Whitney Houston. WH said that she finally had the nerve to leave BB after he hit her several times, brought some of his (many) girlfriends into their home & bedroom, and used her money and credit cards to buy gifts, trips, dinners, etc for the girlfriends.

WH said she took her daughter to her brother's & S-I-L's and they had her while she was in 4th & 5th grades. WH packed just a couple pair of sweat pants, a pair of jeans, sneakers in a plastic bag and went to Calif to try to start a new life.... in & out of rehabs, etc.

WH said despite all the wrongs that BB did to her & in their marriage, she still loved him so much and everyday would wait for him to call her in Ca. She hoped for an apology and that he would want her back.

After while WH had Bobbi K come live with her in Laguna Beach, CA. Bobbi K would see Her mother stay in bed or at least not leave the house, for fear she'd miss a call from BB.

Oprah asked WH how she was finally able to let the love for BB go.... because obviously HE was already gone. WH said that it was her daughter that did it. She said that Bobbi K told her (WH) that her father, BB was a jerk and nothing to wait around for. Bobbi K said, "I've been waiting almost my whole life for him to do what he promised me he'd do. There are so many times he's promised to buy me this or that... take me here or there. And he never did. He promised so many times he'd come see me in New Jersey. I'd wait for him on all those days he was supposed to come and he never did. Since I've been here in CA he has said he'd come see me and never has! You have to let him go! I did and you can too!"

WH said at that same time, Bobbi K told her to please be strong, to move on, to "get your life back..... that she would always help her and always be by her side!!!!!

After I heard Whitney say all that in the interview with Oprah, it made sense why Bobbi K seemed to avoid BB or would turn away from him in the different videos & photos I've seen of them!

I think there's a lot more to why WH's family, including BK, is not too Fond of BB.

I saw that horrible train-wreck of a reality show.... "Being Bobby Brown" a few times, several years ago, and thought he was disgusting then!

I do not feel one bit sorry for him! He had invites for 2 additional guests and instead he brought along children and some other adults. He got there late and then caused a commotion and embarrassed everyone, including himself. Poor Bobby Brown!!!

Before the services began and CNN reported that BB had arrived, I posted when they said that. They also included that Brandy and Ray J had arrived as well. It was before they reported that Oprah and Gayle King were there.

What I read said that he arrived after the service started. Obviously Cissy and Bobbi K were there before the service started. They said he was only there 15 minutes and that the service had already started. I'm sure Cissy and Bobbi K didn't get there with only 15 minutes to spare. Plus, I saw the video of him outside after the service had already started.

Here is a CNN link. It doesn't say it took place before Cissy and Bobbi K arrived. It says he was there briefly and left shortly after the service started. He should have just kept his mouth shut and sat where they told him to. If he were still married to Whitney, that would be different. But he wasn't.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/18/showbiz/houston-funeral-bobby-brown/index.html

I can't find in that article where it says that Brown arrived after the services began.

I can't find in that article where it says that Brown arrived after the services began.

That particular article doesn't say it, but others do. And this one says he was only there very briefly and left after the service started, so briefly would mean he wasn't there long at all. Doesn't matter anyway, what matters is he has no decorum at all and he was an *advertiser censored* on the day of his ex wife's funeral instead of behaving with some decorum.

I also heard on several news/talk shows that Whitney had NOT changed her will after the divorce and that Bobby Brown was the sole beneficiary of her entire estate! Dammit!

Can't believe I'm going to defend BB but, Whitney was their Step Mother and surely she had relationships with them. Poor BK, such a sad day for her, hopefully the Housten family listened to what she wanted. Such bad blood between the families most likely led to poor communication as well. Sad all around...

Funerals are not without their share of drama, so the BB "incident" comes as no surprise to me. There was bound to be someone whose feelings were hurt or someone who felt slighted in one way or another. I, too, hope that Whitney's daughter was spared any more sadness than she's already coping with at this time in her life. My thoughts and prayers are with her as she grieves the loss of her mother and friend.

I also heard on several news/talk shows that Whitney had NOT changed her will after the divorce and that Bobby Brown was the sole beneficiary of her entire estate! Dammit!

This is going to be a mess. Lawyers will get 80% of whatever there is.
These people never learn - maybe because Whitney Houston was an
artist not in this for money in the first place vs. some others I could
name; people who equate artistry with business, and sound like gerbils
in a can (Bobby comes to mind!).

Whitney will be rememberd as one of the Greats. The others won't.
It's as simple as that. The others can take that job and shove it!,
something it took Whitney years to begin to learn but never fully did
because she was just a kid trying to please everyone (with a little left
over for herself she hoped) and she suffered for that. Others are like
beasts eating meat - there never is enough!

What will be defined as a "creation" in years to come. The performance
at some point does become the creation - there are numerous examples
of that in artistry. Rachmaninoff, Paganini, Ravel, Mozart, List, Chopin,
Rubenstein ... just to name a few.

I wonder what Francis Scott Key would say today! ? Would he be
satisfied?

:please:

I watched Whitney's "Home Going" Service today and it was absolutely stunning! I cried. I laughed. I sang. I prayed.

My only wish is that everyone puts their arms around young Bobbi Kristina and loves her and loves her and loves her some more. I am concerned for her... a lot! I hope everyone can put their differences and their anger aside and put this young lady ahead of all of it? Lord knows she is going to need people just to love her and not fight over her. She doesn't need to be put in the middle of a war. She needs time to process her life now... a life without her mother. She is so very, very young! My heart just aches for her!

I will always remember Whitney for her voice and her overwhelming talent! A talent that only comes along once in a lifetime. I hope she is at peace, and Kevin Costner said it best: "You're good enough!."

...Whitney will be rememberd as one of the Greats. The others won't....

Why are you unable to pay your respects to a performer you love without disparaging other artists? To my knowledge, nobody here is questioning Houston's talent or importance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum