Whitney Houston passed away on 2/11/12 - Part 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
pierce didn't confirm that. he said that's what he had heard. big difference.

But again, he said that the CNN cameras caught it on tape, so I'm guessing that he based his info on video.

ETA: I am not bashing BB, I just posted what was reported by CNN.

BBM: Mom, I only wish that were the case. I was raised Roman Catholic and still practice but the churches in my city are just about as exciting as going to a laundry- mat. So very unfortunate as many young people are just not interested.

We do have a few Baptist churches, but have never attended.:innocent:

Therein lies the problem...just because you were raised in a particular church in a particular faith doesn't mean that you don't have the choice to explore other churches...what was right for your family just might not be what is right for you. If you're in a boring church, visit others...check it out, you might find something new and refreshing. I've attended many churches of many faiths, Baptist included but my personal choice is Non Denominational. I don't want to be known by any particular "religious" orientation...just "Christian" is fine with me. :dance:

I don't know if there were children, but these few are adults.

Bobby-Brown-Leaves-Whitney-Houston-Funeral-PHOTOS-300x292.jpg

http://bumpshack.com/2012/02/18/bobby-brown-leaves-whitney-houston-funeral/

Also, sigh:

Absent from her right side: her dad, who, although was granted a seat at the ceremony, abruptly left when he showed up with nine other people, demanding they all get front row seats.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...y-houston-at-whitney-houstons-funeral-2012182

And statement from Brown:

He says:

“My children and I were invited to the funeral of my ex-wife Whitney Houston. We were seated by security and then subsequently asked to move on three separate occasions. I fail to understand why security treated my family this way and continue to ask us and no one else to move. Security then prevented me from attempting to see my daughter Bobbi-Kristina. In light of the events, I gave a kiss to the casket of my ex-wife and departed as I refused to create a scene. My children are completely distraught over the events. This was a day to honor Whitney. I doubt Whitney would have wanted this to occur. I will continue to pay my respects to my ex-wife the best way I know how.”

http://perezhilton.com/2012-02-18-b...uston-funeral/?from=top-headline#.T0AgRc7RCwg

There's going to be a show on CNN tonight with highlights from the service.

But again, he said that the CNN cameras caught it on tape, so I'm guessing that he based his info on video.

ETA: I am not bashing BB, I just posted what was reported by CNN.

i understand. i think the ''in-the-moment'' commentating is often incorrect and i don't mean by design, necessarily. they have to fill the time and in cases like this, they only ''know'' what they hear, which is then shared and assumed to be factual by all of us who hear them repeat it. it just happens.

i have to say here that i have never been a fan of bobby brown. on the contrary, on the rare occasions i've paid him a smidgeon of attention, i've always found him to be utterly tasteless. point being, i almost hate having to defend the guy in here but darn it.....i truly think he's done his best to be there for his daughter and i think the houston family has and likely will continue to make that as hard as possible for him. it is sad.

i like when the pastor shared the words he'd heard from a muslim one time. i can't recall it exactly but it was something like" "i wish i'd met christ before i met any christians." i admire the houston family for much of today's service, but sadly, i think they missed a chance to show the father of bobbi kristina, along with her siblings, that christian love covers all and that they too, are good enough.

hopefully that makes sense.

I don't know if there were children, but these few are adults.

Bobby-Brown-Leaves-Whitney-Houston-Funeral-PHOTOS-300x292.jpg

http://bumpshack.com/2012/02/18/bobby-brown-leaves-whitney-houston-funeral/

Also, sigh:

Absent from her right side: her dad, who, although was granted a seat at the ceremony, abruptly left when he showed up with nine other people, demanding they all get front row seats.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...y-houston-at-whitney-houstons-funeral-2012182

i will try to find where it identified the children by name and post link. they are not young children....he had 3 before he ever married whitney.

i understand. i think the ''in-the-moment'' commentating is often incorrect and i don't mean by design, necessarily. they have to fill the time and in cases like this, they only ''know'' what they hear, which is then shared and assumed to be factual by all of us who hear them repeat it. it just happens.

i have to say here that i have never been a fan of bobby brown. on the contrary, on the rare occasions i've paid him a smidgeon of attention, i've always found him to be utterly tasteless. point being, i almost hate having to defend the guy in here but darn it.....i truly think he's done his best to be there for his daughter and i think the houston family has and likely will continue to make that as hard as possible for him. it is sad.

i like when the pastor shared the words he'd heard from a muslim one time. i can't recall it exactly but it was something like" "i wish i'd met christ before i met any christians." i admire the houston family for much of today's service, but sadly, i think they missed a chance to show the father of bobbi kristina, along with her siblings, that christian love covers all and that they too, are good enough.

hopefully that makes sense.

Thank you, that does make sense.

I know it is a difficult time for everyone involved, and I do wish that he could have stayed so that he could have been there for Bobbi Kristina. Jesse J. said that he tried to get BB to stay and I think that was the right thing to do. There's just so much baggage between BB and Whitney's family.

I don't think that Whitney would want them to be in conflict.

I wasn't a BB fan either, but ya know I did try to do all that dance stuff like he did. :floorlaugh:

this reminds me of a noxzema ad for some reason! she looks beautiful there.

Lol, it sure does look like a Noxema commercial from long ago! She always looked beautiful. She really had it all, she just didn't know it.

i will try to find where it identified the children by name and post link. they are not young children....he had 3 before he ever married whitney.

Maybe they were not in that shot, or maybe too small to be seen. I just thought one of these guys in particular looked kind of rough. Perhaps the rough looking one is the bodyguard.

And statement from Brown:

He says:

“My children and I were invited to the funeral of my ex-wife Whitney Houston. We were seated by security and then subsequently asked to move on three separate occasions. I fail to understand why security treated my family this way and continue to ask us and no one else to move. Security then prevented me from attempting to see my daughter Bobbi-Kristina. In light of the events, I gave a kiss to the casket of my ex-wife and departed as I refused to create a scene. My children are completely distraught over the events. This was a day to honor Whitney. I doubt Whitney would have wanted this to occur. I will continue to pay my respects to my ex-wife the best way I know how.”

http://perezhilton.com/2012-02-18-b...uston-funeral/?from=top-headline#.T0AgRc7RCwg

Yeah, did he think how his walking out on the funeral would affect the child of his that is MOST IMPORTANT today? He DID create a scene by leaving. He made it about HIM instead of about Whitney and his daughter. He should have been there for HER, not worried about getting a front row seat for his entire family.

I just remember that video when he had a mild heart attack and thought he was dying and he made a film and was recording messages for everyone and at the end he said "Oh, and Whitney..." and gave the finger to the camera. How nice.

Also heard on Nancy Grace that Bobby had tried to cash a check of Whitney's since she died. Not sure where that information came from and I didn't hear it anywhere but on Nancy Grace, but we will see.

I HOPE Whitney had changed her will since her divorce so Bobby was not the beneficiary of her assets, but her family says she may NOT have taken the time to do that. Hopefully everything goes to Bobbi Kristina or to Cissy and into a trust for Bobbi Kristina. I don't know if turning Bobbi Kristina loose with a whole lot of money (if there is any right now - there will be from Sparkle, though) is a good idea in the mental state she's probably in right now and with the family saying she needs rehab.

I wasn't a BB fan either, but ya know I did try to do all that dance stuff like he did. :floorlaugh:

RS

Lol! I used to love to try to dance like any videos I saw.

At least you guys know who he is. I had no idea until this week, and I'm still not sure of anything other than he was married to Whitney.

Can't believe I'm going to defend BB but, Whitney was their Step Mother and surely she had relationships with them. Poor BK, such a sad day for her, hopefully the Housten family listened to what she wanted. Such bad blood between the families most likely led to poor communication as well. Sad all around...

Thank you! She did that song proud.

I thought that CeCe's radiance was a source of comfort...what a lovely smile.

I agree about her radiance & smile. Class act.

2 other awesome songs on you tube already. Don McClurkin, "Stand" & R. Kelly, "I look To You", which when he originally wrote it a couple years ago, he wrote specifically with WH in mind.

The funeral service had already started by the time BB got there. I can see it being awkward for him to be up walking around and trying to talk to his daughter when it had already started. I don't see why he couldn't have arrived a little bit earlier to have time to talk to her before the service and getting seating arranged. If you show up with nine people after the service starts in a church that seats 300 and has invited 1500, chances are you aren't going to be able to all sit together and you're not going to have your choice of seats. Plus he KNEW the funeral was invite only, so what part of that does he not understand? Why would you show up with nine people and demand they be seated, and on the front row no less? Why couldn't he have called Cissy or the pastor or someone yesterday to try to make arrangements to accommodate nine people? They may have said no, and if he asked I don't think they should have said no (unless they are people who have nothing to do with Whitney), but at least he would have gone about it the right way instead of barging in with nine extra people.

RS

Lol! I used to love to try to dance like any videos I saw.

At least you guys know who he is. I had no idea until this week, and I'm still not sure of anything other than he was married to Whitney.

The only way I know of him is being married to Whitney. I always thought he looked like a .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum