Whitney Houston passed away on 2/11/12 - Part 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the best thing to post, as WH was a very ugly person when under the influence, but I wonder what she means by "right business, wrong people". I find that curious.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu8KeKxo3DY"]An "icy, tense" Whitney Houston interview from 1998 - YouTube[/ame]

I really hope Bobbi Kristina does NOT try to become a singer. She will forever be compared to her mother, who was one of the greatest vocalists of all time, and very beautiful. Bobbi is cute and has an alright voice. That's it. I see heartbreak and rejection if she tries to make it as a singer. imo I don't think she is strong enough emotionally to make it through. I hope she finds another path to follow.

I really hope Bobbi Kristina does NOT try to become a singer. She will forever be compared to her mother, who was one of the greatest vocalists of all time, and very beautiful. Bobbi is cute and has an alright voice. That's it. I see heartbreak and rejection if she tries to make it as a singer. imo I don't think she is strong enough emotionally to make it through. I hope she finds another path to follow.

Unfortunately I have to agree. There is a link earlier that also mentions a reality show, that is not a good idea either. I hope she has some great support around her and they can guide her on different path of singing or reality show. She will have the money to do what she chooses, as she would be able to pay for either on her own, but I think there would be tremendous criticism, rejection, and hangers on (like WH had) that use her. I don't think she would survive it.

Oh boy, bf is not likin' this Whitney Houston weekend :)

There's a show about Whitney's last days, "Whitney", on E!. Its about halfway done (I'm DVRing it), but it is going to be on again.

I really get into the media coverage until her funeral, so I think it will catch me up.

OWN looks like they are going to be showing Oprah's interview with Whitney. I'm really interested in seeing that.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUOfPBXDMbY&feature=related"]Whitney Houston Funny Moments - YouTube[/ame]

Cissy H is burying her daughter today. I don't know what that is like, some here do, but I can believe that it may be the worst day of one's life when you have to follow your child's casket out of their funeral service.

This links seems to be an obscure gossip site. The stuff they wrote is very harsh, and I have no reason to believe any of it. If I saw and heard Cissy herself state this on a legitimate media outlet, than that would change things. But for now, I see it as buzzards circling their defenseless prey.

Whitney had her struggles, many do, and she herself has admitted "Nobody makes me do anything I don't wanna do, it's my decision. So the biggest devil is me, I'm either my best friend or my worst enemy".

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2012/02/whitney-houston-the-biggest-devil-is-me/

I so wish I had cable, no bf to irritate - just me, but I can't see any of this stuff!

I found this interview, it has beautiful young Whitney photos and her singing for a few seconds with Cissy. I now see why WH was upset at losing the high notes and thought she should get them back. I will look up Cissy after I find the rest of this interview with Barbara Walters. WH clearly hated the media, even here. I guess that is a huge sacrifice for someone that goes into the business yet likes to be private, privacy does not happen there.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REBjjLpXRPQ&feature=related"]Whitney Houston - Barbara Walters Special 1993 - Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Holy Moly, Cissy had a quite a career! And she was a hot young thing to look at too! What stories she must have. This may not be a favorite moment for her, it was only 2 years ago though, and I hope she finds peace today and every time the tremendous pain returns. Cissy:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3o3gwrmFvc&feature=related"]Cissy Houston - YouTube[/ame]

adding this although sad for today:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFloePvOvXo&feature=related"]CISSY HOUSTON - YOUR SONG - YouTube[/ame]

Aretha remembers Whitney at Radio City in New York City
By Hillel Italie
Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) — Aretha Franklin was thankful to be alive and was thinking about lost friends, among them Whitney Houston.

Hours after she canceled an appearance at Houston's funeral because of spasms in her legs, the "Queen of Soul" (the "undisputed" Queen, the capacity audience was reminded by the show's announcer) was quick on her feet, feisty in voice and sentimental and sassy in spirit at Radio City Music Hall on Saturday night. It was the latest stop on a "greatest hits" tour featuring old favorites and, since Houston's shocking death a week ago, a tribute to the fallen singer. Franklin is close to Houston's family, and she said Houston called her "Aunt Ree"...

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120219/ENT09/202190324/1478/rss

:tears: :tears:

Whitney Houston’s mother, Cissy Houston, wrote a touching letter in her daughter’s funeral program thanking God for her “beautiful flower” and saying that she had a sense that Whitney would not “be with me long.”

“I never told you that when you were born, the Holy Spirit told me that you would not be with me long,” Cissy Houston wrote, according the Associated Press. “And I thank God for the beautiful flower he allowed me to raise and cherish for 48 years.”

“Rest, my baby girl, in peace,” the letter ends, signed “mommie.”

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/...l-in-peace-20120218,0,2094639.story?track=rss

In such a love filled service yesterday for WH I think the only mis-step was the treatment of BB. Christ is about love and forgiveness not about grudges and hatrid. The real question I think is what would Whitney have wanted. I don't know what her present relationship was with BB. Maybe they resent him because he moved on, has a career, and is clean. Also would like to know more about this Ray J. Never heard of him until now. Was he also enabling WH? jmo

In such a love filled service yesterday for WH I think the only mis-step was the treatment of BB. Christ is about love and forgiveness not about grudges and hatrid. The real question I think is what would Whitney have wanted. I don't know what her present relationship was with BB. Maybe they resent him because he moved on, has a career, and is clean. Also would like to know more about this Ray J. Never heard of him until now. Was he also enabling WH? jmo

I saw a lady on The Today Show this morning that was there. She said no one saw Brown being moved around. The Church was quiet at that time. No one heard anything. Everyone saw Brown go up to the casket and touch it then leave, with Sharpton and R Jackson following. There was no scene.

So, who knows what happened, if anything. If what WH had to say about Brown's treatment of Bobbi Kristina is true, and it continued, I would guess Bobbi Kristina can come to her own conclusions about a relationship with her father, with WH's blessings either way. It is the daughter's decision, and she is an adult now, so everyone else can listen and advise, but she will make her own choice.

I saw a lady on The Today Show this morning that was there. She said no one saw Brown being moved around. The Church was quiet at that time. No one heard anything. Everyone saw Brown go up to the casket and touch it then leave, with Sharpton and R Jackson following. There was no scene.

So, who knows what happened, if anything. If what WH had to say about Brown's treatment of Bobbi Kristina is true, and it continued, I would guess Bobbi Kristina can come to her own conclusions about a relationship with her father, with WH's blessings either way. It is the daughter's decision, and she is an adult now, so everyone else can listen and advise, but she will make her own choice.

I agree. I wonder if there will be any coverage of the internment today. do you know a time?

I agree. I wonder if there will be any coverage of the internment today. do you know a time?

I don't know. It may be just for family and they don't want that on the air. I'll look around to see if there is anything posted on the celeb sites.

Franklin was on 20/20 (or Dateline, I get them confused) last night (though I don't know when the interview was actually taped). I got the distinct impression that there had been some sort of estrangement. Franklin referred to Houston repeatedly as "Cissy's baby, Nippy" and spoke fondly of Houston as a child and young woman. Then, when asked about Houston's difficult years of addiction and drug/alcohol abuse, Franklin said "I watched her from afar."

I'm not assuming the two women had a falling out, but it did sound as if they had been less close over the past couple of decades.

Franklin did say she had been asked by Houston's mother to sing at the funeral, however, so it didn't appear there was a permanent breach and certainly not one with the Houston family. Apparently health prevented her from honoring the request.

This is from an article that I've posted elsewhere on this thread (today). I'm not suggesting that anything should be read into this, but it's interesting, nonetheless. I wonder where Aretha was when she decided not to attend Whitney's funeral if she performed in NYC last night? Was she still at home in northwest suburban Detroit or had she flown to the east coast for the concert? Just curious.

Hours after she canceled an appearance at Houston's funeral because of spasms in her legs, the "Queen of Soul" (the "undisputed" Queen, the capacity audience was reminded by the show's announcer) was quick on her feet, feisty in voice and sentimental and sassy in spirit at Radio City Music Hall on Saturday night. It was the latest stop on a "greatest hits" tour featuring old favorites and, since Houston's shocking death a week ago, a tribute to the fallen singer. Franklin is close to Houston's family, and she said Houston called her "Aunt Ree."

I don't know. It may be just for family and they don't want that on the air. I'll look around to see if there is anything posted on the celeb sites.

I found info that she was buried this morning.

Why would you think they would resent BB for turning his life around, having a career and being sober? They don't strkie me as that kind of folks - but I dont know her family.

Someone could suspect that if they did harbored ill feelings, it could be about BB hitting Whitney, and going to jail for it, and also failing to support his daughter.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Brown"]Bobby Brown - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
"In late 2003, Brown was arrested for misdemeanor battery, allegedly for striking Houston while shouting epithets. In February 2004, Brown was arrested and jailed in Georgia on a parole violation related to a previous drunk driving conviction. In June 2004, Brown was sentenced to 90 days in prison for missing three months of child support payments. That sentence was immediately suspended after Brown made back payments totaling about $15,000."

We've read that WH's family invited BB, and expected him and 2 guests. There were many celebrities at this event, and we've not heard about others having this trouble. These other invited guests seem to have arrived well before it started, to so that everyone was seated. Behaving like this helps to ensure that situations like what appears to have happened don't - a guest, who was invited, and given a certain amount of seats, and shows up right before the ceremony starts with 7 extra people, regardless of who they were.

They told BB he was welcome to stay, and we've heard from another guest who went to BB to "calm" him down (RA). It appears that BB didn''t like how he and his extra guets were treated, and chose to leave after saying his goodbye. He later issued a statement giving his side, which one could understand his feelings if thats what really happened.

I would suspect that it was a very emotional day for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member