Whitney Houston passed away on 2/11/12 - Part 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
On "ET" tonight they said that some Beverly Hilton hotel staff has been fired for speaking to the press.

Her rave is bare now as they have cleared all the flowers away. It ison lockdown to the public. Only people who have loved ones buried there are allowed in.
Also, it was said that before she was interred that all the jewelry she had on was taken out of the casket for fear of grave robbers.

If they are selling funeral tapes, and auctioning off her belongings I am sure they kept the jewelry. They would have more sense than to bury it with her. Good grief. I think that would be nuts don't you? And such a waste. jmo

If they are selling funeral tapes, and auctioning off her belongings I am sure they kept the jewelry. They would have more sense than to bury it with her. Good grief. I think that would be nuts don't you? And such a waste. jmo

I forgot where i read it in MSM but she was not buried with the jewelry.

As to selling the tape of her funeral. Wow, that is just weird and sounds awfully materialistic unless the proceeds are for a charity or something. Wonder if everyone who spoke or performed at her funeral had to sign a release? Could that also be another reason why Aretha didn't show? Hmm

People are going to go see "Sparkle" and buy all her records just like MJ's case. I think it's really greedy to sell the "funeral footage" I think it's in really bad taste. Plus who would buy it when everyone could have already taped it?

I was quite impressed when Pastor Winans said at the service that because Momma Houston chose to have the service (and have it broadcast) in Whitney's own childhood church, it brought a lot of people to church that day. So very very true. We are talking a LOT of people, and on a Saturday at that.

The effect of that would be impossible to measure, but I can say with surety that it opened my own heart in unexpected ways. My 'amens' continue daily. I will most definitely buy a DVD of the service because it is AWE INSPIRING.

I like to think that the root desire of the family choosing to sell the tape is more for the reason Pastor Winans gave than for greed. But who can really know? All I know is what is in my own heart and mind, and i know I'm NOT buying it for morbid reasons or a fascination with celebrity, quite the opposite. Thank you Pastor Winans and Momma Houston!

And can I get an 'amen' to that?! :)

SwampMamma, that's interesting that redheads have a higher tolerance to drugs than other people - I'd never heard that before. .

... and blonds have more fun than . . .

... chimps feel less pain than humans and redheads! . . .

All urban o'legends...

I was quite impressed when Pastor Winans said at the service that because Momma Houston chose to have the service (and have it broadcast) in Whitney's own childhood church, it brought a lot of people to church that day. So very very true. We are talking a LOT of people, and on a Saturday at that.

The effect of that would be impossible to measure, but I can say with surety that it opened my own heart in unexpected ways. My 'amens' continue daily. I will most definitely buy a DVD of the service because it is AWE INSPIRING.

I like to think that the root desire of the family choosing to sell the tape is more for the reason Pastor Winans gave than for greed. But who can really know? All I know is what is in my own heart and mind, and i know I'm NOT buying it for morbid reasons or a fascination with celebrity, quite the opposite. Thank you Pastor Winans and Momma Houston!

Tyler Perry really impressed me also.

"Inside Edition" just reported that the employees at the funeral home have been cleared from taking the picture of WH in her casket.

Although there are surveillance cameras in the funeral home, the family had requested they be turned off during the viewing. Family members & friends who attended the viewing were not asked to turn over their cell phones. So, they are surmising it had to have been someone close to the inside.

There is an ongoing investigation. I hope they catch the sick pup!

I thank everyone here for all their input and information. The funeral was beautiful and I cried a few times. I am very saddened that someone sold photos to the NE. Such a heartless thing to do for a paltry sum of maybe $15,000-$25,000 while NE makes a thousand times over that. Whatever happened to dignity? If it was open viewing, no harm, no foul, but still in very poor taste to sell out like that. No, of course she wasn't buried with those jewels, all who said grave robbers are right-some people who work for cemetaries know no shame and would take anything that wasn't nailed down, just a hard cold fact of life, sad as it is.

Peace:seeya:

I thank everyone here for all their input and information. The funeral was beautiful and I cried a few times. I am very saddened that someone sold photos to the NE. Such a heartless thing to do for a paltry sum of maybe $15,000-$25,000 while NE makes a thousand times over that. Whatever happened to dignity? If it was open viewing, no harm, no foul, but still in very poor taste to sell out like that. No, of course she wasn't buried with those jewels, all who said grave robbers are right-some people who work for cemetaries know no shame and would take anything that wasn't nailed down, just a hard cold fact of life, sad as it is.

Peace:seeya:

Bolding is mine in the above quote. :-)

I am reminded of the question first raised in the 60s: Is nothing sacred anymore?

I too was a rapt viewer, and found it difficult to attend to morning chores such as feeding my dogs while the services were progressing. The tributes were as unique as the individuals who recited them. The music was, as expected, outstanding! When listening to Stevie's "Ribbon..." with his lyric changes, I so wanted him to sing one of my faves, and he did! Love's (surely) in Need of Love Today...every day.

In the aftermath...For me, the saddest part of the sold photo is that one of Cissy's chosen for the private viewing at the funeral home took the pix and sold it. imo, there will be a far greater price that such person will have to pay, some day/some way. Even Judge Judy would say the same, and she doesn't preach religion in the courtroom. ;-)

I wish I could see the service, but I don't want to buy the DVD. I don't think I'd watch it more than once.

I wish I could see the service, but I don't want to buy the DVD. I don't think I'd watch it more than once.

You can view many clips on youtube. I just did a quick search on Whitney Houston funeral and came-up with a long list.

hth, or I hope it works for you! :-)

ETA: One, if not the first on the list of hits, is the whole thing. I'm watching it now on my other computer. It has a copyright notice in the description, fwiw.

Whitney Houston Casket Photo Fallout: Funeral Home "Very Angry" Over National Enquirer's Cover Shot
Natalie Finn, eonline
10 hours ago

The National Enquirer calls its cover photo of Whitney Houston lying in her casket "beautiful."

But plenty of critics beg to differ and the funeral home that took care of arrangements for the late pop icon is hoping to get out of the line of fire as soon as possible...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20120224/b296362/

A close family friend told CNN recently that Houston had not used "hard drugs" for several years. Investigators are examining prescription drugs found in her hotel room. The sad thing is she just went from hard drugs, I guess that is what they call them to different forms of tranquilizers, and alcohol, which is still a form of addiction, especially since I do believe she was mixing the (2), but yet so many of her friends and family are in denial, saying that she had cleaned up her act after entering Rehab last May, she just traded one form of addiction for another, I know it is not her fault, as she could not fight the power of her addiction, but I just wish most of the people would just be honest, and say to especially the young people, as lovely as Whitney was, and as much as she did have at one time, can you see what drugs, any form of drugs can do to you, once they take over your life, please learn from Whitney or if you are having problems with drugs please get help.

first off, though i'm not sure why, this thread got to me from the beginning. my responses here were pretty curt and rude at times and i want to apologize. i had been spending a lot time reading trashy, ignorant remarks on other sites (sites i do not normally visit) and am embarrassed to say the negativity seems to have rubbed off on me. one of the reasons i like it here so much is because the varying opinions are offered in a respectful tone. so....sorry i blew that on this one.

in thinking about the photo....i agree it's disgusting that a someone so close to or even part of the family leaked it....but i have to wonder if that person is also an addict, and therefore couldn't resist the temptation. horrible no matter what, though.

AMEN here!!! Luckily I have a dvd recorder so I recorded it live. Glad I did. My friend did not watch it at the time. Her son came home from Sat. church services & I told him I went to church also, 4 hrs. at that. My friend then watched some clips & said you really did go to church & wished she had watched it. I told her no worry I recorded the whole thing.

I haven't watched the interview yet, how horribly hideous!:maddening:

Haven't there been reports that Ray J might have been smoking pot laced with crack?

I grew up with a lot of people who became addicts, and when I look at statistics my friends have a higher rate of recovery compared to national averages... way higher and I try to focus on that because I've lost friends to addiction too. I've gone to sooooooo many yearly anniversary chip celebrations and it really is a "cunning and baffling" disease. I understand that aspect of it that the drugs make people feel good and they get hooked, but I don't get taking an upper and downer at the same time. Wouldn't they cancel each other out? ETA: But I guess if it distorts realty and alters their state of mind that is all that is necessary.

What would that kind of mixture do to your system? Seems like it would be an even greater shock to the system than just taking one or the other alone. If reports are accurate that she was denied plastic surgery due to health concerns she was not in good health. Especially since it seems like celeb plastic surgery docs don't know how to say no to a stars request even if it is clearly is a bad idea. Maybe it wasn't her prescribed meds that finally did her in, although it is very disturbing a doc did give her those meds.

Is it possible Whitney had only recently relapsed? She really did look great, not like she did when we know she was using, and we know it wasn't the result of surgery although she could have had fillers and botox injections.

Maybe they couldn't find evidence of doctor shopping because she had only just started manipulating docs for drugs.

If this was a relapse wouldn't the drugs have an even greater chance of overwhelming her system?

I think she put on weight because she was drinking, it does put pounds on, and also I did think she looked great, but then she had jsut finished making a movie, and I thought, maybe she had fillers put in her face because it was full, her face was never that shape even before she was into the drugs, it was reported that she had gone to a Dr. as she wanted plastic surgery, and the Dr. would not do it, I know that you must have a strong heart, in order for a good Dr. to do it, of course there are quacks who will do it, but this Dr. refused, I believe it was mentioned on Pierce Morgan.

I think she put on weight because she was drinking, it does put pounds on, and also I did think she looked great, but then she had jsut finished making a movie, and I thought, maybe she had fillers put in her face because it was full, her face was never that shape even before she was into the drugs, it was reported that she had gone to a Dr. as she wanted plastic surgery, and the Dr. would not do it, I know that you must have a strong heart, in order for a good Dr. to do it, of course there are quacks who will do it, but this Dr. refused, I believe it was mentioned on Pierce Morgan.

I saw absolutely nothing wrong with WH facial features to warrant any type of lift or even botox just 2 weeks prior to the awards show-Goodness how would she have gone to that if she was all black and blue? Make-up only covers so much-I think someone was fishing for free advertisement, imo. True, she wasn't as thin as she once was, but need to remember, she was a mature lady and she probably ate real well from all the festivities the whole week prior to what had happened-she looked healthy to me. I thought she looked absolutely amazing-she had the very best complexion bar none, and very pretty nice hands, in direct contrast to all this drug talk. It sure is a shame that's been the main topic of conversaton with all these talking heads when the poor lady wasn't even buried yet. I hate that kind of 'news'-that's back street gossip. No respect. I'm sorry if she did have a problem with drugs, but it doesn't matter if she had a problem, there are just some things in life the public should not be privvy to, kwim? These entertainers give their all for their public, the public pays-either by concerts or buying CD's, and that's pretty much where the comfort pillow ends. We used to have a saying way back in the day that an entertainer owes nothing more to the public than the cost for what they came to see or what they bought-I know it sounds cruel, but to have a sense of normalcy and privacy, that's how it is for a lot of entertainers. Every entertainer adores their fans, but they got to put that wall up and in kind, their private life shouldn't be plastered all over the 6 o'clock news every night.:seeya:

I don't think she was fat or pudgy I think her abdomen was bloated and swollen. My first thought when I heard about plastic surgery was that she wanted lipo on her tummy. Also I think her face looked puffy and swollen. But, no one can take away her beauty. She was beautiful. jmo

"The Bodyguard" will be on Lifetime tomorrow night (Saturday) at 8:00 (EST) followed by Biography: Whitney Houston.

That is a good suggestion for Bobbi Kristina. She would make a mint! I don't know if she is old enough to have the patience/discipline for such a thing, nor do I think she was taught those traits. It would be very healing to get some of the pent up anger, depression, feelings of constantly being let down worked through.

Give Whitney a little credit. I'm sure she taught Bobbi Kris something about love, faith, family, etc. Just becuz Whitney may have gotten lost in addiction, doesn't mean she didn't love her daughter w all her heart and leave her imprint 'in a good way'. Addicts (if she was one) don't love any less, they just fight a tough battle. RIP Whitney.

Give Whitney a little credit. I'm sure she taught Bobbi Kris something about love, faith, family, etc. Just becuz Whitney may have gotten lost in addiction, doesn't mean she didn't love her daughter w all her heart and leave her imprint 'in a good way'. Addicts (if she was one) don't love any less, they just fight a tough battle. RIP Whitney.

BBM
It is nice that you are giving Whitney this credit, but I am not feeling so generous about that at this time. I am sure that she loved her daughter with all of her heart, but the reality is that she also put a horrible stress and burden on her child. Bobbi K. watched her mother, literally WATCHED HER get high for years. The poor child even found her passed out at times and had to call for help. That is not leaving her imprint in a good way, imo. It is going to take years for BK to unravel some of those difficult memories and her feelings of being responsible for her mom.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notaryroute
Back